Author Topic: [IC] KAT Specimen: GB LIVE  (Read 45549 times)

Offline QQMBR

Added a very basic blanks kit, are modifiers needed? Personally, I don't think even the base kit could reach a MOQ.
If you'd take your current base kit, remove the extra columns beyond TKL, but include all rows. Make that blank, then you're done!

What's the minimum quantity?

Wow I'm an idiot. I literally just forgot to add the blanks yesterday evening... About the MOQ, I haven't gotten word from Keyreative yet but I think it should be at least like 50, which already
might be difficult for blanks. I'll add the kit in a sec, sorry for the confusion.

Offline sevenseacat

Re: [IC] KAT Specimen (NOW WITH BLANKS)
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 05:37:50 »
Blank will be perfect, so I can try the profile, get funky colours, and not have to worry about incorrect legends 👍

(am a Colemak user)

Offline LuiKang

Added a very basic blanks kit, are modifiers needed? Personally, I don't think even the base kit could reach a MOQ.
If you'd take your current base kit, remove the extra columns beyond TKL, but include all rows. Make that blank, then you're done!

Wow I'm an idiot. I literally just forgot to add the blanks yesterday evening... About the MOQ, I haven't gotten word from Keyreative yet but I think it should be at least like 50, which already
might be difficult for blanks. I'll add the kit in a sec, sorry for the confusion.
You are missing a 1.75u Shift in the blank base kit.

MOQ of 50 could be doable.

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 11:52:12 »

A teal one right? I will add it in the next iteration.

Offline LuiKang

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 12:00:25 »

That's right. Thx!

Offline QQMBR

Re: [IC] KAT Specimen (UPDATES : Render and random)
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 09:11:48 »

That's right. Thx!

Added it now, along with some new information!

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 17:06:41 »
6u spacebar centered or off-centered stem? (plz include spacebars in base kit  :thumb:)

Offline Obe

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 18:49:37 »
Please make this happen with blanks. Been wanting a good blank set and a KAT set too.....Also is there any price estimate?

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 02:10:02 »
6u spacebar centered or off-centered stem? (plz include spacebars in base kit  :thumb:)

What spacebars do you want to see in the base kit? I don't want to put too many in there because
most people use one of the two that are in there... I'll have to ask zFrontier about the spacebar stem.

Please make this happen with blanks. Been wanting a good blank set and a KAT set too.....Also is there any price estimate?
I'll do my best  :thumb:
No, there isn't any price estimate or MOQ because Keyreative are a bit slow nowadays and have large orders, so
zFontier couldn't tell me anything just yet.
KAT Alpha (all white) was $100 USD, I think it's safe to say a colored, custom set will cost a bit more ($110USD?). I don't know.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 02:10:54 »
Would you kindly consider adding poker and hhkb themed movement keys to the extensions kit along with the vim movement keys ?

poker -> (I,J,K,L) -> (up, left, down, right).

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 02:37:31 »
Would you kindly consider adding poker and hhkb themed movement keys to the extensions kit along with the vim movement keys ?

poker -> (I,J,K,L) -> (up, left, down, right).

Sure, I didn't know those existed but I'll add them to the extensions kit (kinda movement kit as of now).

Question to the guys that like blank:
Do you not like something about the legends I used, or do you just want a blank kit?

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 06:46:54 »
Do you not like something about the legends I used, or do you just want a blank kit?

Your legends aren't compatible with my layout (Colemak).

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 12:08:52 »
More KAT keys is a good thing ! Too bad they cant make them any faster. That set has some interesting colors, i think i'll get one..

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 23:07:48 »
KAT needs more love!

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 10:09:01 »
More KAT keys is a good thing ! Too bad they cant make them any faster. That set has some interesting colors, i think i'll get one..

Thanks a lot, I think it's quite a shame as well.

Your legends aren't compatible with my layout (Colemak).

Do you actually have an issue with not having Colemak legends or is blank just fine?

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 21:43:07 »
Blank is fine.

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 08:43:56 »

What spacebars do you want to see in the base kit? I don't want to put too many in there because
most people use one of the two that are in there... I'll have to ask zFrontier about the spacebar stem.

6.25, 7u and 6u off-centered would be sufficient for base

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:11:39 »
Interested. Following for updates.

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 12:57:47 »
Interested. Following for updates.

Thank you. Next major update should hopefully be info about MOQ and pricing (whenever Keyreative are ready)!

Offline WooWapDaBam

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 04:28:36 »
Interested as well. Would it be possible to get blanks for the numpad too? Interested in blanks because I use swiss ISO layout and don't really wanna have "wrong" legends on my caps.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:44:34 »
Interested as well. Would it be possible to get blanks for the numpad too? Interested in blanks because I use swiss ISO layout and don't really wanna have "wrong" legends on my caps.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

I guess I can add a kit - but that probably wouldn't reach an MOQ, so it would likely be better for it to be on the base blank kit. I'm just not sure what kind of a price increase that would be.
If there's enough interest, sure, of course!

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 09:56:58 »
The project is moving once again, I made a new render and more serious info like MOQ should be coming soon!
Feedback on the sets is also really important as I'd like to finalize them ASAP :D

Offline QQMBR

Re: [IC] KAT Specimen (NEW NOVELTIES)
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 11:46:24 »
Bump for new novelties  :D

Offline dolphincat

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 21:51:36 »
Just left my vote in the poll, and I'm the dumbass who said there was no 6.25u bc I'm a blind boy. I love it!

Offline modmoto

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 01:00:17 »
uuuh love it =D

Offline Bawsky

• Give Deathcaps pls
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 15:39:39 »
X-Files Theme

Pretty cool  :)

Offline QQMBR

Re: [IC] KAT Specimen GB 15th Jan 2020
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 14:16:53 »
GB is 15th Jan, pricing coming shortly :D

Offline LuiKang

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 15:00:04 »
GB is 15th Jan, pricing coming shortly :D
Yay!

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 19:31:56 »
Loving this set!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 05:57:23 »
Liking the updates. One suggestion: R2 Tab key on the ortholinear kit.

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 10:23:32 »

I'm guessing for the left side, so purple, right? Will add it and hope there's enough time to change, alongside widespread international support.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 16:01:35 »

I'm guessing for the left side, so purple, right? Will add it and hope there's enough time to change, alongside widespread international support.

Left side, yes.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 16:26:03 »

hope there's enough time to change

I wish there would have been more time to work on these changes instead of having the GB date be so close, I feel like there wasn't a lot of updates for a while, then bam out of no where comes this GB date that starts in 10 days. Seems super sudden to me. There's so much potential with support in KAT sets since it's all Dye Sub, I feel like more kits could be added, there's potential for them to be added before the GB but you'd be cutting the wire really close. GL with this set, I really like it, just wish there was more kits for it.

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 11:26:01 »

hope there's enough time to change

I wish there would have been more time to work on these changes instead of having the GB date be so close, I feel like there wasn't a lot of updates for a while, then bam out of no where comes this GB date that starts in 10 days. Seems super sudden to me. There's so much potential with support in KAT sets since it's all Dye Sub, I feel like more kits could be added, there's potential for them to be added before the GB but you'd be cutting the wire really close. GL with this set, I really like it, just wish there was more kits for it.

Completely understand the feedback - I agree with you. The GB date was actually agreed upon some time ago. I basically only spent my little time working on the set with doing renders, that was a mistake. I was a bit out of loop with other GBs going on as well. The feedback I got from Geekhack was all from some time ago, when people didn't really realize the versatility of KAT and therefore didn't give such a strong feedback in relation to more sets, which came a tad late for me. I obviously have a lot to learn in organizing myself (rarely really had the time to focus on this due to academics) and the GB. The new sets should hopefully be officially added later this week - I sent them off couple of days  ago - when I get the new, revised quotes for new kits including full international support (North, South, French, UK Iso) plus updates to most of the current kits...

Nonetheless, I am not trying to make excuses and am kicking myself for making the process so confusing for everyone waiting for the set, to all of whom I am really thankful for for the amazing support. As a plus, the GB will be running for over a month (currently planned till around Feb 23).

Offline QQMBR

Re: [IC] KAT Specimen: GB 15th Jan + INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT, KITS UPDATED
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 09:39:36 »
Kits were updated a final time, with new support for international layouts and a few slight updates to most kits.

Offline Cantello

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 11:47:26 »
Any renders with TKL boards available? Especially one with the colors & numpad kit would be interesting.

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 15:20:04 »
Any renders with TKL boards available? Especially one with the colors & numpad kit would be interesting.

Sorry, I couldn't find any models for TKLs yet. Any suggestions on whom I could ask?

Offline Vortex_Rikers

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 05:15:15 »
Kits were updated a final time, with new support for international layouts and a few slight updates to most kits.

Thank you ! I love the color scheme for this set so I was already really likely going to pick this up, but the inclusion of International kits makes this an instabuy from me (French layout in particular, ngl  :p) !

This is great !  ;D

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 09:29:29 »

Thank you ! I love the color scheme for this set so I was already really likely going to pick this up, but the inclusion of International kits makes this an instabuy from me (French layout in particular, ngl  :p) !

This is great !  ;D

Much love <3

Offline LuiKang

Re: [IC] KAT Specimen: GB LIVE
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 13:11:46 »
@QQMBR The 1.25u on R2 (the Tab key as shown in the Lynx L50 render) is left out in the final sets. Is this on purpose? That's very unfortunated.

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 13:40:11 »
@QQMBR The 1.25u on R2 (the Tab key as shown in the Lynx L50 render) is left out in the final sets. Is this on purpose? That's very unfortunated.

It hasen't been there for quite a few versions. Apparently no one (including obviously me) noticed that it went missing for some reason. All I can say is I'm sorry...
The only solution would be to change the extras so that it has the R2 1.25 Tab... but then some people don't get the keys they want. In the meantime, I'll remove the Lynx renders from the page.
Realistically... It 95% won't be there. Why I removed it I can't tell you.

Offline Rilow

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 13:45:47 »
This is awesome. Pre-ordered!

Offline LuiKang

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:55:29 »

It hasen't been there for quite a few versions. Apparently no one (including obviously me) noticed that it went missing for some reason. All I can say is I'm sorry...
The only solution would be to change the extras so that it has the R2 1.25 Tab... but then some people don't get the keys they want. In the meantime, I'll remove the Lynx renders from the page.
Realistically... It 95% won't be there. Why I removed it I can't tell you.
The idea of covering the Lynx with KAT was nice. Congrats with the GB btw! I ordered mine.

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:56:56 »
Ordered baby!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline rewke

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 17:20:31 »
Picked up base + numpad&colors.  :D

Offline TonyPia

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 17:44:34 »
So do we have 6.25U spacebar or not? Seems none of the kits have 6.25U

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 17:58:26 »
So do we have 6.25U spacebar or not? Seems none of the kits have 6.25U
6.25u is in base, it's just not marked.

Offline TonyPia

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 18:35:25 »
Awesome! Will be in soon

Offline TonyPia

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 18:59:30 »
Just jumped in. When is the expected fulfillment date as of now?

Offline QQMBR

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 23:55:11 »
Just jumped in. When is the expected fulfillment date as of now?

Word from zFrontier is ETA 4 months after the GB ends. So late June early July.