Author Topic: My Six Month Anniversary of Joining GeekHack  (Read 9139 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
My Six Month Anniversary of Joining GeekHack
« on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:36:42 »
Today is my six month anniversary of joining GeekHack.

Six months ago I had no idea that I’d be typing on a tenkeyless keyboard; I didn’t know such a thing existed. I didn’t know that there were full keycap sets or that there were any other switches besides MX Blue, Browns, Reds, and Blacks. Now my apartment has three keyboards, bits and pieces of Alps keyboards, and keycaps everywhere. I’m not really sure how I got so deep into this rabbit hole but I’m not sure I mind it anymore. Hopefully I’ll be like metalliqaz in a year; coming out with my own super-hot, drool worthy custom boards.

In my short time here on GH, I’ve met a lot of really cool people and I just wanted to give them all some shoutouts. If I miss anyone, you probably know who you are, I’m sorry and know that you’ve played an integral part in my journey on GeekHack. And if you’re regularly in the GH Skype calls or in the IRC chat, I love you all.

Apparently this is how many people remember me, so here’s a little blast from the past  ^__^

SmallFry: I think you took me under your wing pretty quickly and gave me a jump start in my keyboard education. Plus you got me into the IRC where I’m now #3 spammer; according to sadbox’s statistic page. Your knowledge bombs are still amazing and I hope you can teach me more about PCBs. Thanks for encouraging me to start all the projects I now have going.

Halverson: Even though you barely knew me back then, other than the fact that I was a deep pocketed noob, you put up with my ridiculous questions. Even now you’re hooking me up with some goodies. I can’t wait to see how your *SECRET PROJECT* turns out. And your Church makes me laugh on a daily basis.

Missalaire: Thanks for reminding me on a daily basis that my curfew makes me an old man and that my real name is in fact, Captain SpamAss. Looking forward to meet you in June ^__^

Mashby: Somehow I really connected with you when I first joined and it turns out you were just as cool in person when we met up in Nashville. I hope one day to experience those amazing pork chops you showed me and to let you test out my built Epsilon :D

Binge: I think you were one of the first people I really bonded with in IRC. It was really cool to see you actually put up the Coffee Exchange thread and to actually get coffee from you. I’m looking forward to your future Korean Custom projects (like the 2TU but sexier) and hope that I can somehow find you a pipeline to Ethiopia so we can have all the Amaro Gayo coffee. Looking forward to the next art stream too.

The_Beast: I’m glad you turned out to be a really cool guy to talk to. I wasn’t sure where our conversations were going to lead to when I first bought those caps off you, but I got a chance to help design this amazing custom case. And it’s all because you took a chance with me. Next meet you’ll need to show up a bit earlier so we can talk shop!

Mkawa/tsangan/reaper: I haven’t gotten to talk to the mods much but I wanted to tahnk you guys for encouraging me to move forward with my Clack projects. And mkawa, I hope you picked up some CAD. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that 3D printer.

Megaforce93: This was the first keyboard purchase I ever made on GH. And the FC700R was my first TKL board. Thanks for making it such a smooth transaction. And it’s still a daily driver at home even though I rotate it with my Pure with Whites.

ProjectD and anyone else who I talked to about SC2 fanboyism: SC2 is amazing. Why did BW die? Flash forever :P

Metalliqaz: You were always helpful with serious keyboard questions. When I asked you about the Leopold spacebars, you were all over that. And little did I know you were working on *SECRET PROJECT* Epsilon. It’s so beautiful. I love the vision, the dediciation to making ALL of it yourself (including firmware), and the execution. DIY or Die. Can’t wait to see how the QazPad and Sigma turn out.

Turbo Slaab: Thanks for the pics of your Clack collection as well as the talk about the Acacia Strain and Upstate New York.

Sifo: Thanks for all the laughs in IRC and for sending me the o-ring and soft landing pad pack for free :D. Project: Richard will be a success.

Ragnorock: Wish we talked more ‘cause you’re a cool dude. Hope your GBs continue to go smoothly and keep watching SC2.

Jocelyn: You’ve always been very kind and helpful to me. Thank you so much for helping me getting my first Clack skull. I don’t plan on ever selling it :D. Good luck with your move to Florida!

Tjcaustin: Even before we started talking on Skype, you were always really helpful. I really admire your work ethic too. It seems like you’ve never done helping on with GBs. Now that we talk on Skype, your dry humor cracks me up to no end. Hearing KingKlaxon demand sacrifices is still funny. And our discussion on how all future auctions should be in Dongs still makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl.

i3oilermaker: I was going leave you separate from this list and just link to the Chicago Meet writeup but you helped me out with SmallFry’s surprise and I’m super grateful for that. I hope all your *SECRET PROJECTS* pan out good sir and I look forward to seeing you at future meets.

Shadovved: A funny dude in general who is providing GeekHack with something unique. I’m gonna outbid you on the next 456GT!!

Mistakemistake: I’m not sure why you decided to talk to me so much on Skype but I’m glad we did start talking. You’re a really interesting guy and I wish you the best of luck in London and you future endeavors. Hopefully one day we’ll make it to Cedar Point. Oh, and I love my cable.

GupGup: I remember not being so sure about you when you first joined but I was mistaken. You’re a cool dude and you’ve already done way more on GH than I have. Two GBs and GG-Mods incoming? That’s so cool. Can’t wait to see GG-Mods up and running.

Akimbo: You introduced me to Alps through your Dell AT101 tour and gave me a ton of advice to get my future Tofu101 board going. And now that I have an SSK, and a Model F to compare it to, I see me getting sucked into Buckling Spring boards. You’ve always been super helpful in answering all my questions and starting tours for the community. Actually you know what Akimbro, damn you. I would’ve been happy with just sticking to MX but now I yearn for Alps and BS goodies :P. Wallethack indeed…

Dorkvader: We’ve talked a little in PMs and IRC but I’d love to talk to you way more. You’re a cool dude even though you’re shy. Don’t be a stranger mang!

SilentK: Had some good times in IRC and I’m glad you like your GG cap. Hope to see you around again soon.

BunnyLake: I think I started talking to you because you were looking for some info on Clacks that I had compiled somewhere. But it turns out that you’re one of the most community-oriented people I’ve met in my time on GeekHack. The constant giveaways, the Secret Santa, and the GeekHack t-shirts have all been projects that are near and dear to my heart. I’m glad jdcarpe hooked you up with that lovely Poker and I hope that the community continues to treat you as good as you treat it.

JesuswasaZombie: From our random fights in IRC about how good/bad Topres are to you sending me coffee, you’ve become my favorite mod. It’s always funny to hear you chime in during Skype calls and just hear some real talk. Just remember, I’d rather type on rubber domes than Topres. But don’t worry, I love my Grados so it all balances out :P

Photekq: I’m still shocked at how young you are because we’ve had a lot of discussions about your case and you seemed very confident in a lot of your abilities. I cannot wait to see your case come to fruition. I’m really happy that you gave me a chance to help you out. And don’t ever feel shy if you need to ask me any more questions.

CommunistWitchDr/Calavera: I’m not sure if you guys really intended to run a GB but I’m really grateful that you did. I love the, “**** it, we’re doing it anyways” attitude. I hope you guys didn’t get scared off from doing GBs in the future because we all know tjcaustin can’t keep doing them forever :P.

brtaylor92: Stop lurking so much! You’re a cool guy in IRC, show off a little on the forums!

Meeba/Funkymeeba: I’ve enjoyed tuning into meebcast a lot. It’s nice to listen to music that’s out of my personal comfort zone. I hope to continue tuning in so you better get all those goodies you were telling me about. Your stop lights are really cool and I’m so stoked on the meebcaps. Can’t wait to get my custom caps!

Ray4jc: You’ve become one of my favorite noobies. I always see you poking your head into the Questions thread and putting yourself out there. Hope to see you stick around for a while. Thanks for the games on Steam!

VesperSAINT: I better see you in the next Secret Santa and I wanna see the build log of you converting your board to ergo-clears!

Nate483/TheFlyingRaccoon: I think GH needs more new blood like you; ready to mod and dive into the deep end. I’m really looking forward to your longcat board and don’t be a stranger on the forums!

Lastpilot: I really liked your review of the Universal Switch Tester and your GH60 logo. Glad to see you’re still around and thanks for helping me out with my Keycap/Switch test tour!

Melvang: I love that you used the Questions thread to get all this great info to mod your Orbweaver and your Das. I can’t wait to see how your *SECRET PROJECT* turns out and I hope that you do reveal your recipes. And remember, you’re on the important side of the drawings!

jdcarpe: You’ve been an invaluable resource for Simple Questions Simple Answers thread, general keyboard knowledge, and how to be a little more Vulcan-wizard. I think it’s incredible understated just how much you bring to this community and I love talking to you in IRC; even if it’s just for a few minutes. You’re a really fun guy. Plus your little child is adorable in the purple shark towel :D

Dubsgalore: I somehow adopted you as a noobie to take under my wing and it seems to have turned out pretty good. Just remember that GH will teach you some patience and to remember to always buy Tsangan kits. You’ll find your niche on GH soon enough too. And don’t ever be shy with the questions. Oh and don’t forget, GH is what you make of it. Yes there’s drama but every other community will have it as well.

esoomenona: You’re a hilarious dude both in and out of GeekHack. I hope you choose to stick around for a long time. I’m not sure if a lot of people realize it but you’re a reall giving guy and it’s a shame that people don’t recognize that more. Cannot wait to see you again and meet missalaire in person in Pittsburgh.

Moonprismpwr and Glissant: I hate to play favorites but you two have become insanely close to me and I cannot wait to meet you two in person. There shall be much feasting and random trips to arcades and other fun places. The only question I have to ask is, when are you guys going to move closer to me :P.

Oh and don’t miss my little writeup about the bros and sisses who showed up to the Chicago/Great Lakes meetup.

Like I said before, GeekHack is what you make of it. Sure there will be drama but overall, I’ve become very fond of this community as a whole and I hope to stick around for a long time. In the meantime, I have my own *SECRET PROJECTS* to work on :P. Everyone stay awesome and remember that Clicky MX Switches are the best switches.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
Re: My Six Month Anniversary of Joining GeekHack
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:39:19 »
I somehow had the impression you had been here for years XD

Anyway, happy six months anniversary
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:41:21 »
Thanks for the shoutout brother! I'm still shocked that you're shocked to be honest.. I really can't thank you enough for your help. You made me more confident about my design and about my abilities.

Congratulations on six months. In that time you've made a huge contribution to the community. You should be proud and I hope you keep up the great work.

This ^ I only started being active here after you had already left a mark on the community. I honestly thought you were a veteran member.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:42:27 »

Nah I just spam a lot but thanks :D

Thanks for the shoutout brother! I'm still shocked that you're shocked to be honest.. I really can't thank you enough for your help. You made me more confident about my design and about my abilities.

Congratulations on six months. In that time you've made a huge contribution to the community. You should be proud and I hope you keep up the great work.

No worries, make sure that case comes out. I demand pics! :D

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:42:45 »
I figured you were an OG geekhacker.  :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:44:48 »
Congratulations :)

This sort of thing is what makes the GH community stronger.

That, and sharks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:48:38 »
I figured you were an OG geekhacker.  :eek:

New blood my man ^__^

Congratulations :)

This sort of thing is what makes the GH community stronger.

That, and sharks.

GirlShark will lead the way :D   And thanks ^__^

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:53:05 »
Congrats MAJ
3 Months ahead of me

Always Buy Tsangan

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:54:45 »
That's MAJSpamAss to you, missalaire!

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:55:11 »
Grats! I actually don't really know who you are; I haven't hung around GH much except for the audio related threads ever since I got into hi-fi last summer. But you seem to be a pretty nice guy based on my impressions in the CMoy thread ^^
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:55:33 »
Good stuff mate,

man that shiets cray

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:57:10 »
Don't let that 14 per day fool you. 16 is where its at.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:58:45 »
broke 10 yesterday heh

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:04:24 »
Dat dedication!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:10:35 »
Happy six month Capt'   Really enjoyed meeting you,  you fit right in here.  On a sidenote I've been here a year and 4 months...  so I really need to post more.   lol
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:13:11 »
Good stuff mate,

man that shiets cray

Don't let that 14 per day fool you. 16 is where its at.

One day I'll be on your level Moose. I'll finally live up to my name of MAJSpamAss

Grats! I actually don't really know who you are; I haven't hung around GH much except for the audio related threads ever since I got into hi-fi last summer. But you seem to be a pretty nice guy based on my impressions in the CMoy thread ^^

Thanks man! I was kinda hoping to meet you at the NYC meet but I don't think I'll be able to attend :(

Happy six month Capt'   Really enjoyed meeting you,  you fit right in here.  On a sidenote I've been here a year and 4 months...  so I really need to post more.   lol

Haha, it's ok. I'm pretty sure you read more threads than I do! And I enjoyed meeting you as well man. I'll have to venture out to Italy...maybe do a EU GHer Tour/Meet ^__^

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:22:12 »
Hmm, well we still haven't even decided on a day or location... so it may still be possible!
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:33:45 »
Unfortunately my window of opportunity is extremely small so I don't think so :(

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:52:47 »
Haha, it's ok. I'm pretty sure you read more threads than I do! And I enjoyed meeting you as well man. I'll have to venture out to Italy...maybe do a EU GHer Tour/Meet ^__^

You need a place to crash in Italy, you got one.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:53:36 »
Your post count is way ahead of me, and I have been here for over 2 years, but I still feel like a newbie sometimes, except in the buckling spring category.

Keep up the good work, you are making a serious contribution.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:53:56 »
Shhhhh Project: Richard is a secret.
I love Elzy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:57:37 »
*ctrl f - "demik"*

0 of 0 found.

Sharkpope will not be blessing this thread.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 21:07:02 »
Your post count is way ahead of me, and I have been here for over 2 years, but I still feel like a newbie sometimes, except in the buckling spring category.

Keep up the good work, you are making a serious contribution.

Thanks man. I hope to be able to drop some serious knowledge bombs like you do one day ^__^

Shhhhh Project: Richard is a secret.

What project?

*ctrl f - "demik"*

0 of 0 found.

Sharkpope will not be blessing this thread.

Allow me to make this up to you oh great and wise SharkPope, Bringer of the GirlShark's Wave of Glory.

* CPTBadAss leaves offering of chum and the ruckus for the SharkPope

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 21:12:13 »
Cheers CPT! :cool:

Here's to another 6!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 21:21:23 »
It looks like you're pretty deep rooted in this community; many having an influence on you, likewise you having influence on many. It sure does feel like you've been here for a few years. I hope you keep this same level of enthusiasm for many years to come  :)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 21:29:23 »
Neener neener neener SharkPope! I'm on the list! On a serious note, where the hell did 6 months go?

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 21:38:59 »
This is a really amazing post. It's only here I can expect these kinds of threads to exist. Congratulations on your 6 months man.

You've always been a great member and I'm glad you're here. I remember having a good impression from you from when I first joined, and it still feels the same every time I see you post. I can tell you seriously care about this community and what it means to all of us. Thank you for being on GH!

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 21:45:49 »
Congrats on 6 months bro. Thanks for all your contributions. Next time your up my way, let me know! We'll have a meet!
Looking for CC's!

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 21:48:46 »

OMG THIS!!! lol

Happy six months CPTBadAss  :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 22:11:20 »
It looks like you're pretty deep rooted in this community; many having an influence on you, likewise you having influence on many. It sure does feel like you've been here for a few years. I hope you keep this same level of enthusiasm for many years to come  :)

Thanks WFD. Your YouTube videos are mesmerizing and I can't wait to get my soldering iron to start modding.

Congrats on 6 months bro. Thanks for all your contributions. Next time your up my way, let me know! We'll have a meet!

I'm not sure when this will be but my home town isn't far from yours. I'll give you a heads up. I wanna see that Poker of yours and try out a Korean custom finally. ^__^

This is a really amazing post. It's only here I can expect these kinds of threads to exist. Congratulations on your 6 months man.

You've always been a great member and I'm glad you're here. I remember having a good impression from you from when I first joined, and it still feels the same every time I see you post. I can tell you seriously care about this community and what it means to all of us. Thank you for being on GH!

Thanks for the kind words :D

OMG THIS!!! lol

Happy six months CPTBadAss  :)

Haha sis, I'm new blood like I said before

Neener neener neener SharkPope! I'm on the list! On a serious note, where the hell did 6 months go?

I wish I knew. I spent the last spamming on some weird site about keyboards. :P

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 23:25:10 »
even though i'm not chi-town, i have my peeps in various places, and have set the next chi-town meetup into motion. |3oiler is on point. it's going to be EPIC

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 23:26:35 »
I can't wait to get my soldering iron to start modding.

6 months and still no soldering iron? Jeez..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 23:33:34 »
Meeba/Funkymeeba: I’ve enjoyed tuning into meebcast a lot. It’s nice to listen to music that’s out of my personal comfort zone. I hope to continue tuning in so you better get all those goodies you were telling me about. Your stop lights are really cool and I’m so stoked on the meebcaps. Can’t wait to get my custom caps!

All of this is lies except for the lights. :D Nothing else is truth until it shows up in the mail, or it has vaguely feminine fins.

17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 00:08:53 »
Good luck with your soldering. Make sure you get a small, pointy tip. The tip that came with my WLC 100 is a little too flat/wide and isn't optimal for keyboard soldering.

I like the old avatar better, btw -- more attitude :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:11:10 »
So I attempted to post in here last night from my phone anyways......I was going to say something really cool but know I don't remember what it was....

Something about never reading the OP but congrats and I hope to learn to spam as good as the captain!! :llama: :p

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:36:48 »
6 months? Jesus; thats only 1 more than me, we should re-name you Spam-dolin. Good bloke though.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:39:22 »
you sir are awesome, and this community wouldnt be the same without you, you are one of my favorite people here on geekhack and you help keep everything fun and positive

« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:42:02 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:54:17 »
even though i'm not chi-town, i have my peeps in various places, and have set the next chi-town meetup into motion. |3oiler is on point. it's going to be EPIC

Does that mean you're coming to the next meetup then?? :D

6 months? Jesus; thats only 1 more than me, we should re-name you Spam-dolin. Good bloke though.

I'm trying to beat moose for the title of #1 GH Spammer :P

you sir are awesome, and this community wouldnt be the same without you, you are one of my favorite people here on geekhack and you help keep everything fun and positive

Thank you sir. I hope you keep doing tons of community focused stuff as well ^__^

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:05:54 »
I had mine in March...

Congrats by the way. You post a lot more than me.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:07:20 »
Its not easy posting this much. I dropped down to like 12 a day or maybe a little less, at one point, so had to catch up. Maybe I should just go hard.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:08:26 »
Its not easy posting this much. I dropped down to like 12 a day or maybe a little less, at one point, so had to catch up. Maybe I should just go hard.

Lulz. :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:12:02 »

It's a hard life but someone has to do it, right moose?

I had mine in March...

Congrats by the way. You post a lot more than me.

Thank you. I need to live up to my name as MAJSpamAss ^__^

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:08:12 »
Always thought you were here from the beginning. Thats an impressive post count for only 6 months though.  :cool:

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:30:17 »

Does that mean you're coming to the next meetup then?? :D
depends on when the meetup is. my sched becomes much more open after july

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:47:21 »
Nice writeup cap :)

Hope you can make the NYC meet up too!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:49:14 »
Nice writeup cap :)

Hope you can make the NYC meet up too!

Unsure if I can but maybe I'll have to do a mini-tour like how moose has been doing it. Also sorry I missed you in my OP but you're awesome AceBro ^__^

Offline RougeR

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:05:31 »
lol ive had accounts on DT/GH for like 2 years incl lurking, i have like 600 post or so between the two.

im an irc man
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:35:09 »
Welcome to Geekhack! :D

lol

Thanks for your kind words. It's funny how people know you by your posts, and the quality of them, and forget that you've only been here a short time. Happened to me, too. We may not exactly be the keyboard pioneers, but I think this generation of members has valuable contributions to make to this community. Keep up the good work, my friend!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Glissant

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 21:19:41 »
Has it been six months already? Wow that time has just flown by :D. Geekhack has become a better place since you joined, and I am really enjoying having you here.

Thanks for the awesome words, and know that we both feel the same way <3. Bromance and brugs all round!

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 21:55:23 »
Speaking of awesome people, look at that Croissant go!
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music