Author Topic: Have you ever thrown a keyboard?  (Read 5426 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Have you ever thrown a keyboard?
« on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 06:54:29 »
Ok let's be honest, at one time or another we have all wanted to throw a keyboard for whatever reason. BUT have you ever actually thrown a keyboard?

Maybe we could have a contest  :o

Also watch this for inspiration

Offline maxtortheone

Re: Have you ever thrown a keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 07:02:16 »
Only a remote control against a wall.
Keyboards: IBM Model M 122 Key Terminal Board;  Logitech G710+; Focus FK-2001 w/ Complicated ALPS

Offline blackbox

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 07:08:01 »
Nope I have not. But there have been many keyboards that I wanted to throw in the garbage.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 07:27:15 »
I tried blending one to find out if it would blend

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 07:30:01 »
I only throw dome boards
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline qwack

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 07:32:53 »
I have punched hammered keyboards out of frustration (the last one was a thin alu Apple keyboard; it taught me to never do that again.), but never thrown.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 May 2014, 09:52:28 by qwack »

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline Kagusaki Wolf

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 08:14:57 »
I never threw a keyboard but there was a time where my keyboard somehow "accidentally" jumped out of my hands and onto a wall so fast that the keys flew left and right >.>   Luckily it was a cheap membrane gateway keyboard that did it lol
SIIG Suntouch K101 | Northgate Omnikey Ultra T | NMB RT8255C+ | Cherry G84-4100 | Cherry G84-4420 X2 | IBM Model M | Laser Brand Keyboard | Monterey K 108 X2 |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 09:17:42 »
I have punched keyboards out of frustration (the last one was a thin alu Apple keyboard; it taught me to never do that again.), but never thrown.

More like hammered.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 09:18:45 »
I snapped a keyboard in half once. It was at home in my office. This was a long time ago, it was a thin low profile Compaq keyboard.

Edit: I should also mention that it was not my main keyboard but the keyboard attached to a server storage array that had failed.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 May 2014, 09:22:21 by Wildcard »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 09:43:20 »
I know a guy who got so angry at the computer that he broke a keyboard in half over his knee. I think it was a Mitsumi rubber dome.
I have an Apple Aluminium keyboard that we can destroy in creative ways at the next keyboard party ...

Offline qwack

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 09:52:57 »
More like hammered.

Yes, that's more like it  :D

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 09:56:31 »
More like hammered.

I broke my entire laptop like that. I hammered on the keyboard until I killed the hard drive and smashed in the screen until there were little crumbs of it everywhere.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 09:59:05 »
More like hammered.

I broke my entire laptop like that. I hammered on the keyboard until I killed the hard drive and smashed in the screen until there were little crumbs of it everywhere.

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 10:00:25 »
I wouldn't have bled as much if I used a bat...

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 10:04:46 »
You gave me an idea to make a rage video now.....
Grab an old alienware keyboard and ***** about how its not mechanical and rage, and smash it against **** lol

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 10:09:52 »
Though one time, a long time ago, I was playing N64 and I got upset. I calmly sat my controller on the ground, pulled out a bat, and bashed it.

Those things were tough though. It still worked, except for the analog stick in the middle. But I took it apart and messed with it and it worked again... just all broken plastic.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 10:11:56 »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline suby4me

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 10:33:50 »
never thrown, but i did smash both of my fists down like a hulk smash on a keyboard. forgot why. strong keyboard. the surface it was on not much.
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 10:42:35 »
one time in college i was working on my wife's old mac (we were not married at this point). it had that really atrocious keyboard apple made, you know the one i am talking about. all white and rubber dome with terrible action.  anywho i was typing a history or religion paper with it and i got so mad at it that i smashed it. i mean i smashed the **** out of it.  stomped on it and everything.

i felt bad afterwards cause it wasnt mine. but i bought her a new keyboard and honestly i dont think she ever noticed even though it was black and the original mac keyboard was white. lol.

that was the worst keyboard ever made.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 11:45:36 »
No, but I ripped the keyboard tray off of my desk and stuck it into a sheet-rock wall 1/2 way deep.. does that count?
I hate everything.

Offline badboybry9000

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 12:56:10 »
I've slammed my fist down onto keyboards before, but never thrown one. Maybe I'll try that next time I'm angry.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 13:09:41 »

Offline luisbg

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 17:35:09 »
At some parties at my University there were phone throwing competitions. People would collect old phones. Funny to see those brick Nokia's fly.

Apparently it is a competitive sport now.
Leopold FC660M - Brown mx switches - black case - white blank keys :: ErgoDox - Blue mx switches - classic case - black blank keys

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 17:42:43 »
I have thrown a rubberdome one out the window when I was younger. The keyboard landed on someones car, the dude pissed knocked and screamed at every single door in the building. That was my first and last time..
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline johndavis33

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 17:49:45 »
Never thrown any, but whenever I find a rubber dome I like to either snap in half on my knee or swing it at a tree like a baseball bat.

It's fun.
HAVE AND WILL KEEP: HHKB - Printed white | Ducky Banana edition - Whites | Model M13 | Unidentified Goodwill keyboard - Simplified black ALPS
TOO BE SOLD: TG3 BL82 - Clears | Wheelwrite 5 - Buckling Springs typewriter
SOLD: Rosewill RK9000 - Blacks | QFR - Blues | Ducky G2 Pro - Greens |
IT WILL BE MINE: Northgate Omnikey - White ALPS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 19:41:34 »
Not thrown, but pounded my fist on a Dell rubber dome keyboard a few times, enough to snap the legs off and cause a few keycaps to go flying.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 19:47:58 »
I don't rage throw or bang on stuff but there was this one time when I was working late in the night in the office trying to get that computer program job to run and it just failed and failed. I was so upset I slammed both of my hands on the Model M and hurt my hands instead! I wimp like a babe. Those Model M ****ers are tough!!

Offline Rafen

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 20:20:14 »
Nope never thrown a keyboards, I have punched my mouse before. That was way back when I was young, dumb and took computer gaming way to serious. Since then I have never punched my mouse, mainly because it hurt my freaking hand. Never once have I come close to throwing a board though.

Offline xxghostxx

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 14:52:39 »
slammed my last mouse. that's how my IHOME mouse i had died, and i got a real mouse (aka steel series) now and try not to do that as much it'll get expensive fast...
Ducky shine 2(9008)-orange back lit ,MX Cherry brown

Offline gir489

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 14:56:24 »
I had a pile of old Model Fs and Model Ms, we used to toss them off a 10 story roof. It was amazing to watch all the springs and caps fly everywhere.

Good times.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 18:17:40 »
I tore up the motherboard of a Tulip 286 PC and cut myself with all the stray traces that came off. (I forget what it did to deserve that but at one point it erased the whole of C:\DOS by itself, and I had to write my own DOS installer as DOS 6.2 wouldn't install onto a machine that was still DOS bootable.)

The keyboard was one of the few things I saved from that stupid computer — turned out to be blue Alps!

I did pound my fist on my desk so hard that it damaged the PSU fan bearings, and I had periodic horrible grinding out of the PSU for a long time afterwards, until we ended up with a discarded PC of the same model (OptiPlex 330 DT — custom PSU) and I swapped the PSUs over. It's been fine ever since then!

I came close to having a busted Majestouch after I dropped a desktop switch on mine, but fortunately it only clipped F8 and pinged off the keycap, and put a big dent in the desk instead.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 21:26:46 »
I had a pile of old Model Fs and Model Ms, we used to toss them off a 10 story roof. It was amazing to watch all the springs and caps fly everywhere.

Good times.

Heretic.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 May 2014, 21:29:18 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 21:29:35 »

Good times.

WHAT THE THOCK

Offline VilaBobz

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 16:51:10 »
That guy knew that was going to happen right away

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 16:53:16 »
I've punched my QFR and tossed the XBox controller all over the place
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 18:45:43 »
Never seen the need to rage on a keyboard/mouse.  ;)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 20:15:11 »

What about a steering wheel?

The number of times I've smashed my Microsoft SideWinder wheel and it just keeps going.  Very well made :)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 20:20:21 »

The number of times I've smashed my Microsoft SideWinder wheel and it just keeps going.  Very well made :)

I don't play racing games / have a racing set up :P
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 20:37:45 »
Most I've done was rip off or break a crappy abs key on a dell rubber some :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 May 2014, 20:39:47 by CK Briefs »
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 20:52:03 »
Yes, I have thrown a rubber dome keyboard once.  because  I spill a whole cup of orange juice on it in accident, and it's not the end, I spill a cup of soy milk on it a minute later.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 21:01:43 »

I don't play racing games / have a racing set up :P

You are missing out on a whole new area of computer game frustration inducing peripheral pounding annoyances :p

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 21:11:31 »
I have never thrown a keyboard.  I have felt like going office space on my scanner/printer at work, but never have I thrown a keyboard.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 13:57:23 »
I threw a keyboard on the bed.
It found out I was having an affair.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 13:59:06 »
I threw a mouse once but never a keyboard.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline wes1099

• Technology and Dog Enthusiast
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:03:13 »

[Leopold FC660C]     [GON NeRD 60]    [Infinity Keyboard]    [ Model M Silver Label]
[Topre 45g Silent]     [Gateron Black]    [Cherry MX Black]     [Model Number 1390636]
                                                                                         [May 20, 1987]

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:07:13 »
Never in my life even had the urge to do so.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:43:52 »

Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 18:15:39 »
Ummmm...In a fit of rage I leaned over and slammed my forearm/fist from over my head onto a generic keyboard. I estimate I hit about 85-90% total strength. Much harder I woulda broke part of me.

What pissed me off later...the keyboard had like only 2 keys that didn't work well after that. That's all that happened. It's flat so it didn't "compress" much. But my arm sure hurt.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline niubio

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 18:18:48 »
I've smashed a couple of boards in the past, but never destroyed any of them as far as I remember... I've managed to broke a joystick for Commodore 16 plus 4 in half as a kid tho.

Offline EpicSNES

• how do i keyboard
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 22:07:29 »
I threw a keyboard through my wall when I was 13.. because Counter Strike.. :p I used to rage at that game

Filco Tenkeyless mx blue