Author Topic: Long time reader.....first time poster.... Need some help.  (Read 910 times)

Offline hamenoskili

Long time reader.....first time poster.... Need some help.
« on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 00:04:23 »
Hello everyone, I've always read these forums here and there and enjoy them... Soooooo many keyboard, keys, keycaps....etc.etc.....I registered in order to get some feedback or help. My problem..... I have an IBM model m connected to a PS/2 to USB adapter.....works great. I have two of them... One is the belkin another is a ziotek. No problems with either one, keyboard works perfectly on both. Hoooowwever....... Recently I was browsing thru a local thrift store/goodwill and picked myself up a model m2. Dated 1992 for $1.99. (I know, nice find ). Plug it in to my PS/2 port... Works perfect. Pretty grimey....take it apart....clean it blah blah put it back together and I get the scroll lock/caps lock of death.... Needless to say...I followed an online guide to repair both capacitors..... Working again..... Here's my problem.... When I use it on my USB adapter.... It only works for about 10 mins then acts all funny, won't register some keys, skip key presses, actuate buttons I don't press. My question to all is, is the adapter at fault here? My model m works flawlessly on either adapter while the m2 is picky about it. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thank you, and I appreciate your time and input.

Offline Enigma

Re: Long time reader.....first time poster.... Need some help.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 05:07:24 »
Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, I thought you might be able to gather some info from this thread:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57579.0;topicseen

I doubt that it is the adapter at fault if your Model M is working on it perfectly. I'm sorry that I can't be of more specific help, I don't have the pleasure of owning one of those beasts. :)

Offline hamenoskili

Re: Long time reader.....first time poster.... Need some help.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 19:31:50 »
So, needless to say I got pretty frustrated with the damn thing and started slamming the keys....sticky keys option popped up, I figured sticky keys?,repeat letters?....I chose the no option (to not enable them) and voilą, so far so good. No repeat letters, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I don't jinx anything.