Author Topic: New on the forum  (Read 1906 times)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
New on the forum
« on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:50:54 »
As topic describes i am new to the forum, had to sign up when i found out there is a forum for keyboard geeks :)
Swedish software engineer, gamer and user of the ISO layout.

Have been using a ducky keyboard with cherry mx blacks for 3 years. And have just now bought some new stuff with inspiration from Jumpjet's Camo Filco keyboard.

Just ordered some filco doubleshots and  a WASD v2 cherry MX clear. Hopefully i will fall in love ;)

Also using a CM QF XT with ducky PBT caps at work.

Will make review's on both when i feel i have the time.

Peace.

Offline blackbox

Re: New on the forum
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:59:10 »
Welcome to geekhack! Nice to see more scandinavians here. I also have an CM QF XT at work, but I have modified it with mx clears and soon it will have a galaxy keycap set.

http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/the-galaxy-class-keyset/
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 14:46:36 »
Welcome to Geekhack!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:28:17 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

MX blacks - nice choice :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 20:18:13 »
Welcome!

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 05:56:57 »
Welcome to Geekhack!
Thanks!

Welcome to geekhack! Nice to see more scandinavians here. I also have an CM QF XT at work, but I have modified it with mx clears and soon it will have a galaxy keycap set.

http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/the-galaxy-class-keyset/

looks nice, Thanks!

Welcome!
Thanks!

Welcome to Geekhack!

I accidently tried some mx browns and started liking them alot, so the mx blacks had to go :) i kinda of miss a little resistance, so thats why im gonan try out clears.

And Thanks :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 04:37:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I accidently tried some mx browns and started liking them alot, so the mx blacks had to go :) i kinda of miss a little resistance, so thats why im gonan try out clears.

And Thanks :)

Accidentally tried some browns :))

I'll have to try to remember that - good wording ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 02:45:22 »
That's what happens when a swedish noob opens his mouth :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 04:50:45 »
That's what happens when a swedish noob opens his mouth :)

That's perfectly all right :)  It is a charming phrase.

I wish I could even say "hello" in Swedish - you have one up on me there :))