Author Topic: Why the Logitech Keyboard K120 is the best I've ever tried, and better than yours.  (Read 82891 times)

Offline SteaminWaffle

Hello guys, my first post and thread here, so let's hope this goes well ;)

Here it is:

It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today.

It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products.

The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design.

It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2011, people.

I could be here all day,  but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering.

I recommend this keyboard to anyone.
"Those who quote me, will get blasted in the face."

Offline Astounding

Definitely go with the Filco.

Also, this belongs in the reviews section.
http://geekhack.org/forumdisplay.php?38-reviews

Offline DaemonRaccoon

What, why? No, please leave.

We like keyboards with switches here, not some lousy rubber dome.
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline redpill

needs more foam

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline SteaminWaffle

Thanks for the input, but this wasn't really a review.

At least, it's not mean to be. I just wanted to share my experience, really.

Offline Wibox

!! YKBDS !! - KBC Poker (Ergo Clear Cherry) - Apple M0116 (Pink ALPS) - Apple M0115 (Orange ALPS) - Das Keyboard (Blue Cherry) - IBM Model F - IBM Model M - Dell AT101W (White ALPS) - Cherry POS 8000 (Clear Cherry) - Apple Extended II (Cream ALPS)

Offline fullofenergy

Nice try, marketing rep from Logitech.

Offline Astounding

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371294
Thanks for the input, but this wasn't really a review.

At least, it's not mean to be. I just wanted to share my experience, really.

It absolutely was a review... I'm not sure anyone would debate that.

Offline SteaminWaffle

Quote from: fullofenergy;371296
Nice try, marketing rep from Logitech.

Well, no... I just actually wanted to prove that a cheap KB can be a great one, such as the one I mentioned.

I admit I'm not too knowledgeable about KBs yet, but I joined to learn, no?

Offline dannyp

Quote from: Wibox;371295
You're are all gullible fools who are easily parted with their money.

Trolls are successful here: Results 1 to 15 of 173
I expect you to do better, SteaminWaffle.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
It's those bits where you declare that Logitech is the best KB manuf. and that this keyboard is better than all the rest.  That's where you lose your audiences interest, this audience happens to be made up mostly of keyboard connoisseurs that prefer a form of mechanical switch.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline SteaminWaffle

Wow, 3 posts and I'm already being labeled a troll? Seriously?

You know, I came to this Forum because a good friend of mine recommended it to me, and I wanted a place with knowledge. I guess it's too easy for someone to simply come here, say something about a Kb, and suddenly I'm a troll.

Thanks a lot, really.

Offline Astounding

The thread just comes off as a troll, more than an actual review.  The only way it's not a troll is if the OP has never used a mech of any kind in his life. Which would be ok, and in that case welcome to GH.  
This is a great place to start:  http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=START+HERE+--+The+Geekhack+Mechanical+Keyboard+Guide+-+Includes+Glossary+and+Links

Offline redpill

It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2011, people.

Wow that sure looks familiar.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline SteaminWaffle

Quote from: Astounding;371310
The thread just comes off as a troll, more than an actual review.  The only way it's not a troll is if the OP has never used a mech of any kind in his life.

I haven't.

Offline Wibox

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371289

gr8 feature. I personally use modern computers (and even laptops.)
!! YKBDS !! - KBC Poker (Ergo Clear Cherry) - Apple M0116 (Pink ALPS) - Apple M0115 (Orange ALPS) - Das Keyboard (Blue Cherry) - IBM Model F - IBM Model M - Dell AT101W (White ALPS) - Cherry POS 8000 (Clear Cherry) - Apple Extended II (Cream ALPS)

Offline peda

<----- confused

nobody sees that obvious trolling attempt there?

or you guys go with the flow of OP?

Offline Astounding

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371312
I haven't.

If you live near Fry's they have two mech boards you can probably try.

Offline redpill

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371308

Naw it was pretty obvious after just 1.

Offline DaemonRaccoon

Quote from: Wibox;371315
gr8 feature. I personally use modern computers (and even laptops.)

No way man! XT DIN-5 forever!

(Sent from my iPhone)
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline Astounding

Quote from: peda;371317
<----- confused

nobody sees that obvious trolling attempt there?

or you guys go with the flow of OP?

Even if it's a troll, that still indicates they haven't tried a mech board.  It's never too late to find your way.

Offline SteaminWaffle

Ok, I'm trying to get this straight.

I'm new to the forum, and I simply wanted to say something about the best KB I HAVE USED. I might have said in the title that it is better than yours, but that's a gimmick for attention, I didn't really know if I would get any replies.

I shared an opinion, and I already admitted to not knowing a lot about KBs, but I'm going to be treated like this, maybe I joined the wrong forum.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
If you took a moment to read the forum instead of jumping in and posting BS, then you never would have posted this silly thread.  Therefor if you're not a troll you need to work on your approach to a new forum (ie: READ for several days or weeks first).
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline hargon

Give it a try, then you'll probably know why people here don't like rubberdomes at all.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2011, 13:08:35 by hargon »

Offline Astounding

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371324
Ok, I'm trying to get this straight.

I'm new to the forum, and I simply wanted to say something about the best KB I HAVE USED. I might have said in the title that it is better than yours, but that's a gimmick for attention, I didn't really know if I would get any replies.

I shared an opinion, and I already admired to not knowing a lot about KBs, but I'm going to be treated like this, maybe I joined the wrong forum.

In my above post I linked you the best resource on this site.  The Mechanical Keyboard Wiki, by Ripster.

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=START+HERE+--+The+Geekhack+Mechanical+Keyboard+Guide+-+Includes+Glossary+and+Links

Offline Astounding

Quote from: alaricljs;371326
If you took a moment to read the forum instead of jumping in and posting BS, then you never would have posted this silly thread.  Therefor if you're not a troll you need to work on your approach to a new forum (ie: READ for several days or weeks first).

To be fair though, who are you to judge him on his forum approach?  Is there some sort of certification for this.

Offline dannyp

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371308

You know, I came to this Forum because a good friend of mine recommended it to me, and I wanted a place with knowledge. I guess it's too easy for someone to simply come here, say something about a Kb, and suddenly I'm a troll.

Thanks a lot, really.

Actually I didn't call you a troll but you're doing a good job, keep it up :)

Offline SteaminWaffle

Quote from: Astounding;371329
In my above post I linked you the best resource on this site.  The Mechanical Keyboard Wiki, by Ripster.

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=START+HERE+--+The+Geekhack+Mechanical+Keyboard+Guide+-+Includes+Glossary+and+Links

Ok, thanks.

And sorry if I posted a "wrong" first post, but honestly I never got this kind of welcome in any forum. I simply thought that sharing something would be the best way to introduce myself to the community.

No need to label people.

Offline redpill

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371332
Ok, thanks.

And sorry if I posted a "wrong" first post, but honestly I never got this kind of welcome in any forum. I simply thought that sharing something would be the best way to introduce myself to the community.

No need to label people.

Child please.  You make a new acct with a forum name eerily similar to an OCN moderator, post a bunch of garbage about a logitech and how great USB is, blahblahblah.  At least try to make it an interesting troll.

Offline SteaminWaffle

Thanks.

Once again, sorry if we got off with a rough start.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Quote from: Astounding;371330
To be fair though, who are you to judge him on his forum approach?  Is there some sort of certification for this.

Seriously ripster?  Time to grow up.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline The Solutor

Quote from: hargon;371328
Give it a try, then you'll probably know wyh people here don't like rubberdomes at all.

People here don't like rubberdomes only they cost less than 200$ :redface:
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline SteaminWaffle

I honestly don't know what you're talking about, but apparently, I've made a mistake joining this.

Too bad the internet likes to share bashing more than knowledge nowadays.

Offline Astounding

Quote from: alaricljs;371338
Seriously ripster?  Time to grow up.

Inflammatory post is inflammatory.

Offline Astounding

Quote from: The Solutor;371339
People here don't like rubberdomes only they cost less than 200$ :redface:

Offline Astounding

Quote from: redpill;371334
Child please.  You make a new acct with a forum name eerily similar to an OCN moderator, post a bunch of garbage about a logitech and how great USB is, blahblahblah.  At least try to make it an interesting troll.

Offline dannyp

*walks into bar*

Man this coors light is the **** I mean it's the ****. Coors is the best ****ing brand in the universe your beer tastes like your moms sweat. Why would you pay more for cat piss? My silver can runs circles around your ancient glass cups.

Aw guys come on why are you guys calling me a douchebag? Back off, is that how you greet a friend?

Shut up.

Offline Astounding

SteaminWaffle: Please try to ignore the trolls in this thread, when someone is this obsessed with keyboards and spends this much time on the geekhack forums all day they tend to become a bit socially awkward.  Don't let that steer you away from the wiki or the forums though.  There is a ton of great information to be had here, if you can ignore the children.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2011, 13:00:17 by Astounding »

Offline SteaminWaffle

Quote from: Astounding;371348
SteaminWaffle: Please try to ignore the trolls in this thread, when someone is this obsessed with keyboards and spends this much time on the geekhack forums all day they tend to become a bit socially awkward.  Don't let that steer you away from the wiki or the forums though.  There is a ton of great information to be had here, if you can ignore the children.

Thanks, looks like I should only post when I want to know something because apparently, the things a new member has to share are worthless to most of you.

Offline The Solutor

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371341
I honestly don't know what you're talking about, but apparently, I've made a mistake joining this.

Nevermind they are just back from a couple of nervous days
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline redpill

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371350
Thanks, looks like I should only post when I want to know something because apparently, the things a new member has to share are worthless to most of you.

New members are fine.  It's the troll threads  from transparent alts like this that are the issue.

Offline hargon

One simple Thread and he's a troll? I say: if he makes 4 and everytime is like Logitech advertising, then you can call him such...
He hopefully just got a bad start beeing kind of normal with Keyboards in such a nerdy forum. ^^

Offline Astounding

Originally Posted by Astounding  
SteaminWaffle: Please try to ignore the trolls in this thread, when someone is this obsessed with keyboards and spends this much time on the geekhack forums all day they tend to become a bit socially awkward. Don't let that steer you away from the wiki or the forums though. There is a ton of great information to be had here, if you can ignore the children.

Factual post is factual.

Quote from: kalrykh;371364

Factual not equal to inflammatory.

Conclusion: your post is inflammatory.

Offline Astounding

Quote from: kalrykh;371368
someone's mad they got kb'd from the chan.

Protip: I'm in the chan.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
as who?

Offline Astounding

Quote from: daerid;371371
as who?

lol'd

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
Only time will tell. I'm keeping an eye on you  
Keyboardless

Offline Trueepower

Quote from: SteaminWaffle;371289
Hello guys, my first post and thread here, so let's hope this goes well ;)

Here it is:

Show Image

It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today.

It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products.

The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design.

I could be here all day,  but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering.

I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Hey some people prefer a Pinto over a Mercedes. That's great you dig that board man.
Topre Realforce 87ub 55g Topre Realforce 87ub 45g
Luxeed MK5

Offline Astounding

Quote from: Trueepower;371378
Hey some people prefer a Pinto over a Mercedes. That's great you dig that board man.

+1

Offline dreamingftw

Quote from: Trueepower;371378

+2, if you're fine with the cheap kb and think its the best, don't get into mechanical keyboards... You'll just be wasting your time and money in this forum. Ignorance is bliss :)