Author Topic: My dream keyboard  (Read 3405 times)

Offline hyperq

My dream keyboard
« on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 19:58:18 »
Want to buy a mechanical keyboard with following features.
  • Key Switches: Cherry Ergo Clear switches, for tactile pleasure.  Springs shouldn't be too stiff.
  • Key Stabilizer: Filco/Costar style stabilizers, not Cherry, for minimizing wobbliness.
  • Keycap Type: Double-shot keycaps, for durability and pleasing contrast.  Metal Keycaps are nice too.
  • Keycap Mod: O-ring dampeners, for not disturbing others in office.
  • Keycap Color: Customizable color themes.
  • Key Travel Distance: 3mm-4mm
  • Layout: Ergonomic layout, with 104 keys.

• Wireless Edition: Wireless convenience, 2.4 GHz, compatible with Logitech Unifying Nano Receiver.
  • Backlight Edition: Corded or wireless, white LED backlight, Proximity sensor will automatically light up the keyboard when it detects your hands.
  • Keyboard Cord:  If it has to be corded, the cord should be detachable, off-centered, and goes straight to the back.
  • Modular design: Has detachable arrow keypad and numeric pad that can be connected on either side, or used standalone, as they are wireless too.
Office: Filco Majestouch 2 Brown (FKBN104M/EB2) | Logitech Wireless Trackball M570
Home: Thinkpad X200\'s built-in keyboard | Logitech Wireless Laser V550 Nano
HTPC: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 | Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Want to buy: A mechanical keyboard with following features.

Offline Lanx

My dream keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 20:27:02 »
are you asking if anything comes close? or just talking out loud? cuz what you want will never happen, especially once you mentioned ergo. don't understand your modular design, as you linked the TE, which doesn't have an ergo keypad, just a "programmable" switch one, also the TE is like less than 104 keys, just a bunch of fake keys, really if you want ergo, just go kinesis. Take out the ergo requirement and you can find a few that sorta work.

Offline hyperq

My dream keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 20:57:40 »
I accumulated the above list of features after using my Filco for a while.  I am just thinking out loud, hoping eventually a keyboard like this will be available.  

The requirement for ergo switch is relatively easy to meet.  Other features in the list will be more difficult to design and manufacture.

By modular design, I mean detachable arrow pad and number pad.  Like the design of Sidewinder X6.
Office: Filco Majestouch 2 Brown (FKBN104M/EB2) | Logitech Wireless Trackball M570
Home: Thinkpad X200\'s built-in keyboard | Logitech Wireless Laser V550 Nano
HTPC: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 | Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Want to buy: A mechanical keyboard with following features.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
My dream keyboard
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 23:27:05 »
Wonderful idea. I would definitely be on board for that.