Author Topic: Mouse A4Tech x7-10bh  (Read 5372 times)

Offline ianxblog

• no
Mouse A4Tech x7-10bh
« on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 14:58:50 »
While some on this forums insult A4Tech, talking about it as a "recently" came out brand or bad quality, etc; A4Tech is great brand. 10x times better than Razer, and maybe Steelseries too. (I've seen some bad reviews about steelseries products and I personally had a QcK+ and it didn't last much. Now I have a fairly cheap QcK Like pad from A4Tech and I got it around 1.5 years and stills good.

This mouse has everything I need, and no more. Almost every user should be satisfied with the features. The DPI is only 2000, But I don't even use the max value.
It has one extra Left click ideal for macros, double click, burst fire, or game-specific macros. It also features only two (I think is OK we don't need more) Side thumb buttons. Also the DPI Button.
The design is the best I've ever used. It's a standard mouse design, it's not too fat, not to thin, the perfect height. I can relax my hand on it and slide it with no skin grippin' on the mouse-pad, like happened on other mice. The thumbs buttons right positioned, and you can access them very easily. The buttons have a nice feeling and you know which one you are pressing.
The mouse has non-rubber plastic grips on the side, and you can grab it without clawing and it doesn't gonna fail on you. The grip is pretty good. The scroll wheel has a nice grip, and spins like a baws, without any noise or clicks heard on other scroll wheels (Cheaps, mostly). You can feel a little bump on your finger when you scroll every step, but not an annoying click. (MX Brown scroll wheel?  :p)

Probably what got me amazed about this mouse: It has a moving feet that goes up and down, depending on the hardness of the surface you are using. This provides (Compared to a SSeries mouse) AWESOME flat nice feel, totally smooth. But this gets better: They include like 6 sets of all the feet under the mouse for replacement. Altough I used the mouse for 2 years and only changed them (Unnecesarily, they were somewhat ok) when I used the worst hard mousepad ever (Razer Sphex).

The mouse is completely programmable. You can program every button (Excepting left click, but you can even program right click) for a certain function being it Multimedia, Internet, Key shortcuts, a single key, System shortcuts, Office shortcuts, Launch a program, and more. Or just create your own macro with the user-friendly macro manager. Or if you're too lazy, you can RECORD your own macro semi on-the-fly. (Basically you click record macro on the program, and assign a key, F12 for example. When you hit f12 the macro recording starts, and you stop it with f12 too. You can later edit your recorded macro for perfectioning)

The technical features are very amazing for this price mouse, because it features ultra polling, you can switch from 125hz to 1000hz with 1ms only. It has 2000dpi and you can set the DPI buton to be any combination of DPI values you want, and it accepts every value from 200 to 2000. 253x253, if you want a exact number of DPI. Also, you can adjust DPI X and Y edges, making it more horizontal movements suitable or vertical, or regular equal XY values.

It never failed on me. Never. Other cheap brands feature gaming mouses that have lags when fast moving or bad precision. THis mouse, with high dpi and 1000hz, never failed on me. If I do a bad movement, it's MY fault. You can't blame this mouse, as it works flawlessly.

Today, I dissassembled the mouse. Just wanted to check the insides. It's pretty good built, mounted on a solid PCB and something that caught my attention: They use better click switches. I've seen the same cheap click switch on mice over years. But this is a more complicated claw-like switch (on the very inside) It feels just the same as another, but seems more durable.

A4Tech has some specific mouse that work in every surface, being glass the main objective. This is not one of them. However, it DOES works on glass. I don't like the glass surface, so I don't use it there anyways.

So, wrapping it up: I'm in love with this mouse, from the day I bought. It was like 2 years ago, and it works just like the day I bought it. The provided extra feet ensures that I will still be using it for a looong time.
I think now is like $35 dollars in the US. Here in my country is $300 ~ ars, about $38 USD. When I bought it, I remember it being very cheap. When I started using it and taking a look at the features I was like  :eek:. It was so good for the price.

The products I had from A4Tech (This mouse, this pad [x7-200mp] and the best membane I've ever used [kbs-20mu] (R.I.P I killed it because I had used it for so much time and washed it. But I didn't wait enough for the dry :() left me completely satisfied. I absolutely recommend this brand. I think they're going to launch a QFR-like mechanical gaming keyboard, and they already launched some good gaming peripherals on their new line: BLOODY.

Greetings.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 February 2014, 15:08:34 by ianxblog »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: A4Tech x7-10bh
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 15:07:07 »
Thanks for the review. Have you seen some of the other mice threads around? Vun and Grim Fandango might be interested in commenting on this.

Also, you should put Mouse in the title. Just so people know exactly what it is.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Mouse A4Tech x7-10bh
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 15:57:02 »
I have briefly tried A4tech mice, and in general I'm not very impressed. The mice aren't bad, but they aren't anything special either. Some A4tech products are worse than others, for instance a POS(no, not point of sale) USB speaker that doesn't really seem to understand how volume works.

Although if this mouse can do any dpi from 200 to 2000 I suspect it's a laser sensor, and so far I can't say I've heard of any good 2000dpi laser sensors. I have, however, heard of some bad ones.

Also; the Sphex is awesome until the day you have to remove it.

Offline ianxblog

• no
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 16:00:47 »
I think it would be good for use in glass. Glass is just flat perfect. Wood isn't.
Also, it says "washable" everywhere. Don't rub a single drop of alcohol on the back of it.
When moving or removing it, or using it in not-so-perfect (like any) wood, it will get little lumps. That sucks.
The surface of the sphex makes the mouse somewhat uncontrollable sometimes, this is good for speed movement.
That's absolutely not wrong, what's wrong with it is that it also haves worst grip between hand & mousepad i've ever seen.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 February 2014, 16:03:21 by ianxblog »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 16:15:12 »
I think it would be good for use in glass. Glass is just flat perfect. Wood isn't.
Also, it says "washable" everywhere. Don't rub a single drop of alcohol on the back of it.
When moving or removing it, or using it in not-so-perfect (like any) wood, it will get little lumps. That sucks.
The surface of the sphex makes the mouse somewhat uncontrollable sometimes, this is good for speed movement.
That's absolutely not wrong, what's wrong with it is that it also haves worst grip between hand & mousepad i've ever seen.

I had no issue with the Sphex on a wood desk until I had to remove it. I suppose the hand/mousepad thing depends on your skin.
All in all, I don't think I'd recommend the pad to anyone unless they don't care about sticky residue on their desk when they need to move/remove the pad.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 16:36:38 »
I have briefly tried A4tech mice, and in general I'm not very impressed. The mice aren't bad, but they aren't anything special either. Some A4tech products are worse than others, for instance a POS(no, not point of sale) USB speaker that doesn't really seem to understand how volume works.

Although if this mouse can do any dpi from 200 to 2000 I suspect it's a laser sensor, and so far I can't say I've heard of any good 2000dpi laser sensors. I have, however, heard of some bad ones.

If I recall correctly, the model in question is using an A3060 optical sensor, with the flexibility in DPI levels achieved by interpolation. Laser versions of A4tech mice are typically designated by an "L" in the model number prefix: XL-whatever, rather than X-whatever (this one is an X-710BH).

My impression of A4tech products is that they're cheap, and occasionally offer innovative features (e.g. physical button for lift detection, thumb control ring), but they've never offered anything with the kind of component quality that would interest me (especially in terms of sensors). 
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 February 2014, 16:39:12 by FoxWolf1 »
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 16:57:43 »

If I recall correctly, the model in question is using an A3060 optical sensor, with the flexibility in DPI levels achieved by interpolation. Laser versions of A4tech mice are typically designated by an "L" in the model number prefix: XL-whatever, rather than X-whatever (this one is an X-710BH).

My impression of A4tech products is that they're cheap, and occasionally offer innovative features (e.g. physical button for lift detection, thumb control ring), but they've never offered anything with the kind of component quality that would interest me (especially in terms of sensors). 

Ah, I didn't think they'd bother with interpolation since it's not all that common.