Author Topic: [IC] DSA Borealis - The Northern Lights Themed Keyset NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 60444 times)

Offline Overchecken8

Re: [IC] DSA Borealis - The Northern Lights Themed Keyset NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 22:20:04 »
The price was a little higher than I hoped, but I pulled the trigger. Can't wait to get these on my board!  ;D

I'm in!! Base, Novelties, Adapter, and Numpad. I don't even own a numpad, and have only the vaguest plans to get one 'one day' to match the B.mini that is coming 'some day' in the next 2-3 months, but dammit I'm Borealis ready. :thumb:

I have been eyeing this keycap set for a while and finally decided to jump on it. Good job Jmeferlater. Looking great and I can't wait for it! :D

Thanks for the support guys, can't wait to see pics of this set on peoples' boards  ;D .

I just got my new board that Borealis will go on today, it's gonna look awesome
What board you get??

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 22:22:03 »
The price was a little higher than I hoped, but I pulled the trigger. Can't wait to get these on my board!  ;D

I'm in!! Base, Novelties, Adapter, and Numpad. I don't even own a numpad, and have only the vaguest plans to get one 'one day' to match the B.mini that is coming 'some day' in the next 2-3 months, but dammit I'm Borealis ready. :thumb:

I have been eyeing this keycap set for a while and finally decided to jump on it. Good job Jmeferlater. Looking great and I can't wait for it! :D

Thanks for the support guys, can't wait to see pics of this set on peoples' boards  ;D .

+1, still waiting on my S60 for Borealis. The support is mental guys thank you so much.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 02:19:07 »

Definitely, no problem. Agreed on the pics! I've got three boards on the way that could potentially use it. Still not 100% sure which one I will use it with myself. Might just take a bunch of pictures with them all.  :p

What board did you get for it?
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 08:14:03 »

Definitely, no problem. Agreed on the pics! I've got three boards on the way that could potentially use it. Still not 100% sure which one I will use it with myself. Might just take a bunch of pictures with them all. 

What board did you get for it?
I got an 84-key ps2avrGB from keyclack from here: https://www.keyclack.com/product/gb-ps2avrgb/

Has a black top and blue bottom, gat blacks, and green LEDs in addition to the underglow. I've got terrible keys on it right now so I can't wait until Borealis comes in

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Offline jgodinez302

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 09:44:53 »

+1, still waiting on my S60 for Borealis. The support is mental guys thank you so much.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Sentraq S60-x RGB that's due this month? I'm on the for the GB too! I was curious how this would look on there. You're going to have to post some pics as soon as you get it together :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 10:43:17 »

I'm assuming you're talking about the Sentraq S60-x RGB that's due this month? I'm on the for the GB too! I was curious how this would look on there. You're going to have to post some pics as soon as you get it together :)

Yup the Sentraq S60-x RGB. I'll definitely post some pics of the final product with the Borealis caps.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 14:39:00 »

I got an 84-key ps2avrGB from keyclack from here: https://www.keyclack.com/product/gb-ps2avrgb/

Has a black top and blue bottom, gat blacks, and green LEDs in addition to the underglow. I've got terrible keys on it right now so I can't wait until Borealis comes in

Ah, definitely a solid build. It's going to look great! I wonder how the GITD text will look with RGB underglow. Could be pretty awesome. :)

Yup the Sentraq S60-x RGB. I'll definitely post some pics of the final product with the Borealis caps.
Nice, glad to see more people who got into the GB as well. I can't wait to see pictures of all the builds. :D

The price was good for having RGB underglow. I've never built a board before but I ended up buying two of those, and at the same time got in a GB for two 60% Stainless Steel cases. Hoping to make those my first 2 custom boards later this month or next month. If the GITD text looks good with Borealis that could be my board for it. :)
Wanted:
More

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 16:43:44 »
Can't wait to get my set in. I got a chance to buy a zz96 so you know this is going right on it.

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 21:43:59 »
Can't wait to get my set in. I got a chance to buy a zz96 so you know this is going right on it.
I'm jealous. That's gonna look awesome

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 23:33:09 »
Does anyone have a reference pic with all the novelties on the board? I'm kind of confused on how they go since, they are colored per layer.

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 23:42:07 »
Does anyone have a reference pic with all the novelties on the board? I'm kind of confused on how they go since, they are colored per layer.

I don't have a reference pic on hand, but I imagined the two purples and blue colors to go on the top row of your board, depending on size, and the bottom, 1.25u keys to go on the bottom row of your board.
I also more-so imagined someone using only a few novelties at once and switching them out every now and again, instead of using them all at once.

I admit it may have been better to do less number of constellations and more row colors so that they could be placed anywhere instead of the way I did it.
(All of my mistakes are being noted so that I can improve my sets in the future)

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 00:57:07 »

I don't have a reference pic on hand, but I imagined the two purples and blue colors to go on the top row of your board, depending on size, and the bottom, 1.25u keys to go on the bottom row of your board.
I also more-so imagined someone using only a few novelties at once and switching them out every now and again, instead of using them all at once.

I admit it may have been better to do less number of constellations and more row colors so that they could be placed anywhere instead of the way I did it.
(All of my mistakes are being noted so that I can improve my sets in the future)

no worries man. It's a beautiful set and the novelties are awesome. I just wished they came in a full row like how carbon has the warning signs. would you also know what the price will be after the pre-order?

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 03:01:41 »
i love the idea , good combination color!
HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 14:24:36 »

no worries man. It's a beautiful set and the novelties are awesome. I just wished they came in a full row like how carbon has the warning signs. would you also know what the price will be after the pre-order?

I'm not sure what PMK plans to do after the pre-order period ends. I imagine it won't be for sale until they make more stock down the line.
I also don't actually know what the price will be then, but I'm willing to bet it will be the same as now. All of that is up to PMK though

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 14:39:27 »
Just thought I would provide a small update on the number of kits sold as of yesterday:
-Base: 215
-Novelties: 113
-Planck: 18
-Alternate Layout: 54
-Ergodox: 44
-Numpad: 73
-ISO: 6

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 19:26:10 »
Just thought I would provide a small update on the number of kits sold as of yesterday:
-Base: 215
-Novelties: 113
-Planck: 18
-Alternate Layout: 54
-Ergodox: 44
-Numpad: 73
-ISO: 6
Congrats bud! I'm somewhere in there  ^-^ :thumb:

Offline Cotay

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 03:54:06 »
Is this still on track for shipment by the end of November?

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 20:12:08 »

I heard back from SP today, they're still hoping it'll be done by the end of the month, but it is looking a bit leery.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 03:21:33 »

I heard back from SP today, they're still hoping it'll be done by the end of the month, but it is looking a bit leery.

Thanks for the update! These things happen, especially in the world of custom keyboards. :)

Offline joerge90

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 12:36:02 »

Even if it isn't done by the end of the month I am stoked on the fact that it's such a nice set with a faster than usual turnaround, appreciate the update :).

Offline jgodinez302

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 16:40:28 »
Here's to hoping all is on track.......

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 15:15:41 »
At this point it doesn't look like they'll be shipped out in November, but I should get pictures of the keys on a sample board later this week, which I am very excited to see.
I'll share the picture here once I get it

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 15:21:27 »
Hoping it will arrive before christmas time! Stoked for these pics.

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 16:21:44 »
Update from SP taken from the listing on pmk:

"Production Update: Unfortunately we are running about two weeks late with this keyset. We don't expect to start shipping Borealis until the week of December 11th."

Wanted to make sure everyone saw this. Should definitely get these before Christmas if this remains true

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 16:29:37 »

"Production Update: Unfortunately we are running about two weeks late with this keyset. We don't expect to start shipping Borealis until the week of December 11th."

Wanted to make sure everyone saw this. Should definitely get these before Christmas if this remains true
This is great news, thanks for the update  :thumb:

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 00:54:19 »

No problem at all. Still a very quick turnaround for this. I had a feeling we wouldn't be able to get all sets out the same month. xD

The wait will be worth it.  ;D
Wanted:
More

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 15:00:35 »
Finally got the pictures in!

Expected to start shipping this Tuesday and Wednesday! I'm very happy with how this has turned out and look forward to seeing these on your guys's boards.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 15:06:07 »
this set is hot, i wish I had the funds to pick one up :(

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 15:52:54 »
this set is hot, i wish I had the funds to pick one up :(

Thanks, totally understand not being able to pick one up.
The set will be coming back in stock in the future, hopefully you'll be able to get one then

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 16:12:36 »
Directly from the PMK website:

As production time allows, we plan to keep the following sets in stock indefinitely:

Eve, Midnight, Deep Space, Green Tea, Dolch, Otaku, Quartz, Think Different, Jukebox, Hana, Granite, Stealth, Ice Cap, Industrial and Borealis.

Please do not email Melissa to find out when additional sets will be available. She will no longer be answering these emails. We will announce, either through an email or in "What's New", when sets will be available prior to putting them in inventory.

Looks like Borealis will be restocked in the future.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 16:17:28 »
So stoked to get my set in.

Offline lifestronaut

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 23:32:24 »
Super excited for this.

I was going to throw this on my fullsize, but I joined the RS96 buy on Massdrop, so when christmas is all done and the wallet loosens back up I'll have to buy the non-standard layout kit for the blank bottom row 1U so I can run the RS96 with the arrow keys.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 23:53:44 »
Super excited for this.

I was going to throw this on my fullsize, but I joined the RS96 buy on Massdrop, so when christmas is all done and the wallet loosens back up I'll have to buy the non-standard layout kit for the blank bottom row 1U so I can run the RS96 with the arrow keys.

I can send you an extra. You can pm me about the details :)

Offline lifestronaut

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 06:04:12 »
Super excited for this.

I can send you an extra. You can pm me about the details :)

Really? You are incredible.
Thank you.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 13:50:11 »
I got an update on my order. Got tracking#!  :cool:

Offline Cotay

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 15:38:01 »
I got an update on my order. Got tracking#!  :cool:

Yup, me too.

Offline TheGameGuru

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:23:51 »
Got these in last night and just busted out my YotG to test them out :D

155596-0
155600-1

Some Impressions:
- They are beautiful! Love the colorway - really pops against a white case
- The glow only lasts for a few minutes, and needs to be 'charged' with some pretty intense light
- I wish the spacebar had some type of GID feature
- I should have ordered the novelties kit  :p

Also, it looks like the set is back in stock at PMK!
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:35:17 by TheGameGuru »

Offline jgodinez302

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 21:21:01 »
Got mine today (for my wife's build) and it's even better in person than i expected from the renders........ Here's my album of the build

http://imgur.com/a/9Wv6H

Offline Lipton

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 21:43:08 »
That was so beautiful!

And my current set, round 5 honeywells over at deskthority.net is infinitely delayed... I just ordered me one of those Borealis :)

Will post on imgr when it gets in and setup.

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 22:34:42 »
Glad to hear the positivity over here.

Feel free to leave any feedback you guys might have, positive or negative. I've heard a lot of negativity, which is completely understandable given how experimental this set was. I'll use all I've learned from this set to improve my future sets.

Really glad most of you guys are happy with the purchase, and I'm really sorry for those that are dissapointed. I wanted this set to be as perfect as you guys did (if not more).

Offline jgodinez302

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 02:04:56 »

Feel free to leave any feedback you guys might have, positive or negative. I've heard a lot of negativity, which is completely understandable given how experimental this set was. I'll use all I've learned from this set to improve my future sets.

Really glad most of you guys are happy with the purchase, and I'm really sorry for those that are dissapointed. I wanted this set to be as perfect as you guys did (if not more).

I personally love this set. Yeah the GID isn't very strong but that's just a bonus..... the alphas being hard to read isn't a negative for me either considering we are touch typers. If anything it just sits in that blurry line between visible alphas and blanks, and i happen to like that look.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 12:39:37 »

I personally love this set. Yeah the GID isn't very strong but that's just a bonus..... the alphas being hard to read isn't a negative for me either considering we are touch typers. If anything it just sits in that blurry line between visible alphas and blanks, and i happen to like that look.

Yeah, this set looks great. Mine just came in last night and I'm stoked. I really didn't even think about them being hard to read, haha. It's not hard for me, they look just like PBT+POM does. And most of us know how to touch type anyways so it's not like the legends make that much of a difference. Sure the GID doesn't last long, but I already knew that after getting some of the GID fallout caps. Also, if you have LED's they can light them up.

So I have no complaints here. Good job Jmeferlater.  :thumb:
Wanted:
More

Offline menuhin

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 19:01:30 »
After just a few days, the base set is sold out again.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Lipton

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 00:04:44 »
Loving the set! :D

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86549.0

It even feels good to type on which is a huge plus! Was worried a bit that I couldn't see the lettering on the bottom keys that well, but then realized I'm typing this post without even looking at my keyboard hehe.

Offline MrTq

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 01:17:49 »
My set
https://imgur.com/gallery/8HVi2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline menuhin

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 15:48:26 »
Did Signature Plastics announced DSA Borealis is selected as one of their stable item in their long term inventory?

In just one year, they totally removed it from their inventory.
https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-borealis-keyset/

Total liar.
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 09:45:39 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:30:51 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 22:55:33 »
extremely

Offline menuhin

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 01:58:02 »
If R2 happens, I hope there will be some improvement, plus extension to support more different layouts.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 09:54:26 »
Did Signature Plastics announced DSA Borealis is selected as one of their stable item in their long term inventory?

In just one year, they totally removed it from their inventory.
https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-borealis-keyset/

Total liar.

That might have been the intent, and the plan changed because of other issues.  Without knowing what these other issues are, calling "liar" seems a bit extreme.