Author Topic: [Shipping] Calm Depths [Please claim any unreceived orders!]  (Read 394597 times)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
Re: [WAITING TO SHIP] Calm Depths- NOW WITH PICTURES
« Reply #850 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 23:08:38 »
Also I don't recall if it was mentioned, but you showed the stepped caps lock with the iso set which had me paranoid at first, but the off-center stepped caps lock is definitely part of the modifier set.

seems to be from the OP good sir

Yep, I just saw that photo of the recently manufactured caps titled ISO and other bits, saw the stepped caps locks and got worried for a second.

It's all good, modifier set will still have the off center caps lock as I expected :)

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #851 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 02:23:21 »
Well, I have to say that I'm currently bogged down with ACAP, and my process out of the army. My sorting and mailing would have gone nowhere near this smooth or fast. I would have been struggling on the weekends to get time in to work on it.

Glad to see my baby is being well taken care of.
Unfortunately I wont get to see my sets until April.

Also, an update on my back injury.
There is no update on my back injury. Since I'm now processing out of the army, they don't seem interested in actually helping me anymore.

Army medicine was weak to begin with, I don't know why I thought they'd take care of me before I was out.
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #852 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:43:19 »
Also, an update on my back injury.
There is no update on my back injury. Since I'm now processing out of the army, they don't seem interested in actually helping me anymore.

Army medicine was weak to begin with, I don't know why I thought they'd take care of me before I was out.

Welcome to the real world of Government Involvement.  They're happy to supply the bullets, guns, vehicles, transport to and from a war but forget you ever existed, once you're wounded and expelled.

That is why no one should risk their life for any regime in the 21st century, just not worth it at all.  Funny how the world over they keep playing that same old "WWII hymns" when they decide on invading a place and making close comparisons. Yet after they get what they want everything just goes quiet......like an abandoned ghost town in the wild west.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:47:56 by Elrick »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #853 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 08:02:12 »
Calm, will you be eligible for military disability after you leave?  That may be something you want to investigate now before you're fully processed out.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #854 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 15:35:54 »
Calm, will you be eligible for military disability after you leave?  That may be something you want to investigate now before you're fully processed out.

Way ahead of you on this front!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #855 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 06:05:46 »
hey guys

so i have some good news and bad news

i have the sets im sending out on hand

here is a pic

the set came out nice

however

there is a pretty big problem with something pretty essential that should be in the mod kit that isnt, so i have shot a message to calm to get back to me next time he is online, we are gonna need to check his order to sp but basically more of the missing keys are gonna need to be made before this goes out

essentially all the off centre caps/ctrls have been made with the iso set not the mod set

there are 212 mods sets, and only 19 isos, so we are nearly 200 off centre ctrls short and the same again for the off centre caps

as soon as i can get an update on this and how we are gonna resolve it ill get back to you guys with the info and timeframe

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline input

• My Keyboard Photos
« Reply #856 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 06:26:16 »
Ah bummer, thanks for the update Bunny hopefully SP can resolve it.

On the upside the caps look gorgeous will be worth the wait.
Daily drivers: Filco w/ browns @ home and work (w/ o-rings), Home coding: 1987 IBM Model M + other random keyboarding goodies.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #857 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 06:39:03 »
Quick update. After checking the original order with SP, the fault lays with me, and not with SP.

As I was still fairly new, I was taking advice from a few sources on what keys belong in which kit. When this GB started, it was brought to my attention that stepped capslock were excluded entirely, and we took steps to remediate that. I brought it up much earlier in this thread, stating that it was going into the ISO+ kit (kit 4), and I placed the order as such. When it was brought up again (as I had failed to update the OP), I then updated the OP incorrectly, placing it in the Modifier kit. This was an error on my part, and anyone who is short a stepped capslock, because they expected it in the Modifier kit, is short because of me.

So what we're going to do, is sell off the 9 ErgoDox kits that I purchased (half with alphas, and half with blank deep dish keys for the alpha keys) and put that money towards a new GB through SP for anyone that needs a stepped caps lock.

Don't be shy. If you bought this expecting one, speak up. If you don't care one way or the other, Bunny has no reason to hold on to your keyset, and can ship it to you. However, if you want a stepped caps, it'll be easiest for bunny (and the funding of the GB) to hold onto your order until the stepped caps come in. I'm sure SP can pump out a few keycaps to complete the set pretty quickly.

So speak now if you have an opinion on the matter. Bunny and I will do everything we can to get the keycap set that you want to you as quickly as we can get it to you.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #858 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 06:45:54 »
Quick update. After checking the original order with SP, the fault lays with me, and not with SP.

As I was still fairly new, I was taking advice from a few sources on what keys belong in which kit. When this GB started, it was brought to my attention that stepped capslock were excluded entirely, and we took steps to remediate that. I brought it up much earlier in this thread, stating that it was going into the ISO+ kit (kit 4), and I placed the order as such. When it was brought up again (as I had failed to update the OP), I then updated the OP incorrectly, placing it in the Modifier kit. This was an error on my part, and anyone who is short a stepped capslock, because they expected it in the Modifier kit, is short because of me.

So what we're going to do, is sell off the 9 ErgoDox kits that I purchased (half with alphas, and half with blank deep dish keys for the alpha keys) and put that money towards a new GB through SP for anyone that needs a stepped caps lock.

Don't be shy. If you bought this expecting one, speak up. If you don't care one way or the other, Bunny has no reason to hold on to your keyset, and can ship it to you. However, if you want a stepped caps, it'll be easiest for bunny (and the funding of the GB) to hold onto your order until the stepped caps come in. I'm sure SP can pump out a few keycaps to complete the set pretty quickly.

So speak now if you have an opinion on the matter. Bunny and I will do everything we can to get the keycap set that you want to you as quickly as we can get it to you.

just to clarify this, its not just the fact that its stepped, the only off centre variants are in the iso kit, so if you state you are happy without the stepped key, please be aware that also means off centre stem

i think what is best is im gonna message sp, and find out a quote and time frame to get this resolved and we will work from there

what i dont wanna be doing is shipping a percentage of orders, and not others and making this messier than it needs to be

hopefully we can find a quick and cost effective fix to this

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #859 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 06:59:04 »
The keys look really nice!

I agree that I should wait till you guys can get the off-center stem keys. It's really a big problem to me without those. Hope it could be fixed quickly.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #860 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 07:10:35 »
Just so everybody's clear. I wasn't trying to step on Bunny's toes, I'm just running past my bed time and hadn't heard back from him and wanted to make sure I reached out before I went to sleep, so I didn't seem like an absentee GB leader.

To make things clear, Bunny is in charge of the GB now. Anything he says, goes. I am here to advise, and that was all I was trying to do in my last post. We are in communication and discussing the best way to handle this and move out so everyone gets what they expected.

I am sorry that my error has put another delay in this GB, but luckily my decision to put in for those extra ergodox kits are going to pay off.

It sounds like Bunny will be posting them in the classifieds, and they will ship with the rest of the orders when everything is together.
I had some fun auction scenarios planned, and if we can hold on to three of the sets, maybe I can still do them. But they're all being put up to help the completion of the GB.

In case anyone's wondering, I wanted to do 3 auctions. 1 auction to buy. 1 auction to buy for another of your choice (if you know somebody that's hurting for an ergo keycap set, you bid, and if you win, you decide who gets the keycaps aside from yourself) and 1 auction to buy for another, to be decided by the group after the auction is complete. We decide as a group who needs the third ergodox kit the most. Maybe have a separate competition where people who need the set post pictures of their ergodoxes with a mottled accumulation of keycaps, or a paragraph describing their circumstances and why it would help them.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #861 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 07:25:44 »
The keys look really nice!

I agree that I should wait till you guys can get the off-center stem keys. It's really a big problem to me without those. Hope it could be fixed quickly.

Same here, I can wait till SP makes some off-center keys.  Just let SP know as soon as possible.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #862 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 07:39:49 »
Show Image

the set came out nice

Damn right it did! Regardless of delays due to issues with the mod kit, people are going to be happy with this fine looking set  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #863 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 07:40:49 »
ok guys

just so everyone is clear i just wanna go ahead and put a few points out there

i didnt start this buy, and it isnt mine, that being said, i have stepped forward to help out and get this by back rolling due to calms unfortunate circumstances

the way i look at my objectives, is to be as efficient as possible, i think splitting orders into people who care and dont is gonna cause extra work and lead to possible mistakes, i also think it is key for later down the line to have a uniform set, you dont want sets coming up for resale with keys missing and them being declared or not and causing problems, i also dont want people saying they dont care and send it and then later deciding they want the cap

what i think is best is to get the set as advertised, so what i propose is this, we have the missing caps made and sent, and then send all the sets out complete as advertised together

sadly the down side to this is the delay it will cause, but i think any other option has more negatives

i am here to help and facilitate this buy as much as possible, but as it isnt my buy i cant make any further financial investment into it, i raised and donated several hundred for this buy as well as participated, but i do wanna make clear the financial possible shortcomings i cant cover as i would on a personal buy of mine, luckily as calm says, we have some extra stuff which we can use to make up the costs of the additional keys needed and to help towards some shipping

sorry for all the bad news, i was hoping this could be turned around quickly, but the set looks great in person, i will try and get some nice pics of all the kits for you guys soon, and itll be worth the wait

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #864 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:11:40 »

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #865 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:15:30 »
Damn that looks nice - wish I'd got in on this now...  Any leftovers? lol
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline welsinki

« Reply #866 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 11:12:02 »
Really nice set this. I also wouldn't mind some leftovers.  :thumb:

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #867 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 11:14:53 »
I place my trust in your better judgement, Bunny.  Do what you need to, to make it right, and I'm okay with waiting a bit longer. 

The preview shots look great, I'm already thinking of which keyboard I want to try these on...   ;D

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #868 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 11:37:18 »
If the ergodox kit sale doesn't cover everything I will do what I can to help out with the costs.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #869 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:16:58 »
really really sucks for the delay,

Show Image

wow its looks really good on that color case. i wonder how it would look on a red aluminium Vortex case after seeing that, i wouldn't have thought that color combination would work out

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #870 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:43:32 »
Two suggestions:

1 - For $N extra ship out 10-15+ sets with the existing off-center caps and ctrl keys. I'd personally pay an extra $10-15 to get it early. This could total up to $225+ dollars to help pay for the extra keys that need to be made.

2 - Since more keys need to be made anyways, now would be a great time to add on 1800 compatibility for the numpad which would be a row 3 1x "-" and 1x "+" keys and/or Row 1 (Insert, Home, and Page Up) plus row 2 (Delete, End, Page Down, Scroll Lock, and Pause). Looks like as few as two keys, or up to roughly ten depending on desired profile compatibility. I am not sure what profile we would want that strange row of Delete through Scroll Lock to be. Maybe SA profile isn't good for 1800 layouts *shrug*
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #871 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:50:32 »
Ditto!

I'd rather have the full correct set.

I can wait.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #872 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:02:33 »
as mentioned before, i dont wanna split the orders and cause potential errors, i also dont think its very fair to get people to pay extra to get there order early, and as the off centre stuff is in the iso kits, i have a good percentage of the iso kits here in the uk as im shipping to the eu, and there arent very many of them in the states

having gone over lots of options, what i come back to is just get the extra keys made, and send the sets out all correct and as advertised

this wasnt my buy and i need to minimise the workload on this as much as possible, we were hoping for just a quick turnaround on this to help everyone out

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #873 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:06:49 »

Also I don't recall if it was mentioned, but you showed the stepped caps lock with the iso set which had me paranoid at first, but the off-center stepped caps lock is definitely part of the modifier set.

Ahh crap, seems like it was foreshadowing on my part.  Glad to hear you guys are working through the issues regarding the stepped caps lock keys :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #874 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:12:12 »
Ahh crap, seems like it was foreshadowing on my part.  Glad to hear you guys are working through the issues regarding the stepped caps lock keys :)

yeah, because i didnt order this i was just going off the kits in the OP, apart from maybe the numpad kit i cant think of a stranger place for the off centre stuff to be

apparently somewhere in the thread its stated as being in the iso kit, but im sure nobody took that in when ordering, aand a set without off centre caps or ctrl for me is completely useless and im sure it is to the bulk of people in the buy

i could have just sent these sets out as i got them, done what i agreed to do which was ship these out and washed my hands of it, but i imagine i want what everybody wants, and that is for the set to be correct, it shouldnt take long to resolve this issue, and it will be better for everyone once it is fixed

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #875 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:15:12 »
what about orders that did not have modifier kits?  Are you going to wait to ship those as well, or get them out when they are ready?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #876 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:17:56 »
what about orders that did not have modifier kits?  Are you going to wait to ship those as well, or get them out when they are ready?

im gonna wait until everything is ready, and ship altogether

to be clear, we arent gonna be talking about a long wait here

Offline Kouni

« Reply #877 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:32:31 »
Let's hope so.
I wouldn't mind donating a few € to help with the process, let us know if/when this is necessary.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #878 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:36:42 »
Let's hope so.
I wouldn't mind donating a few € to help with the process, let us know if/when this is necessary.

basically i have been given whats left in the pot for the gb

im just going ahead and ordering the missing keys with sp, and will take that out of the pot, once we start working through the shipping money, as it gets close to running out, we have a few sets we can sell to try and cover the remaining balance, so hopefully nothing is needed, but if we do find we run short on funds for shipping, itll be towards the end

once again, im sorry for any inconvenience, this just fell in my lap and i can only work with what has been given to me

Offline Halvar

« Reply #879 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:21:50 »
i think what is best is im gonna message sp, and find out a quote and time frame to get this resolved and we will work from there

BunnyLake, you're brilliant! Saving the day on this cursed GB for the third time now!  :eek:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #880 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:30:39 »

BunnyLake, you're brilliant! Saving the day on this cursed GB for the third time now!  :eek:

the message has gone out to sp now, one i get the invoice ill get it paid, should only really take a few days to sort out, we just changed 2 keys on the nostalgia set, we did that at the weekend and it was ready today, so i would guess at a similar timeframe

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #881 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:40:04 »
we just changed 2 keys on the nostalgia set, we did that at the weekend and it was ready today

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice  :p

:thumb:

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #882 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 17:00:43 »

Yep. I showed the stepped caps with the ISO kit, originally. Then when I went to update the OP, put it in the wrong kit. We'll get it sorted, just a bit more patience is what the doctor's prescribed on this one.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #883 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 17:18:28 »
i am here to help and facilitate this buy as much as possible, but as it isnt my buy i cant make any further financial investment into it, i raised and donated several hundred for this buy as well as participated, but i do wanna make clear the financial possible shortcomings i cant cover as i would on a personal buy of mine, luckily as calm says, we have some extra stuff which we can use to make up the costs of the additional keys needed and to help towards some shipping

What ever you think is fair and decent because Bunny we all trust that you will get everything sorted as best you can.  Sorry for putting all the pressure upon you but you have a rep for getting things done.  Hence that becomes your mills-stone around your neck to carry evermore  :thumb: .

As usual BunnyLake, we are more than willing to wait for your excellent service in the key-cap business.  Thank you for doing this, you didn't have to yet you stood up in a crowded room and took all the responsibility.  Don't forget to ask for extra money because it's needed here, don't take any out of your own pocket for this, okay.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 February 2014, 17:20:54 by Elrick »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #884 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 17:28:38 »
I agree and trust Bunny's judgement 100%.  I couldn't care less about off center caps but he's right about the 麻烦 of having multiple 'versions' of the set floating around on the interwebz and even bleeding over into other forums like VR or DT.

Calm, rest easy, I think this could have happened to the best of us.  Still praying for your back bro.
I'm back.

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #885 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 18:29:34 »
I want to chime in that I'd be willing to donate a little to the buy to help it get completed sooner too, if it helps.

Offline jayhay

« Reply #886 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 20:05:14 »
Thanks for your help on this, bunny. Anything you say goes, imho. Looking forward to the kit!

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #887 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 05:32:07 »
Bunny, you're a star.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #888 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 08:52:13 »
Any reply from SP?
I'm back.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #889 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 08:53:12 »
yup

its a much more expensive fix that we thought, im in talks with them and once we resolve something i will post an update

Offline Irisviel

« Reply #890 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 09:11:33 »
yup

its a much more expensive fix that we thought, im in talks with them and once we resolve something i will post an update

great! :thumb:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #891 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 13:40:31 »
yup

OK thanks!!
I'm back.

Offline squarefrog

• \m/_
    • Ergodox Layout Stats
« Reply #892 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 14:00:20 »
Wow what a beautiful layout. Gutted to miss it! If anyone decides they dont want their standard set with EDX extension i'll happily take it off your hands :)

Offline skuko

« Reply #893 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 16:24:07 »
i will most likely be selling mine (don't know what i ordered exactly, but TKL is there at the very least) since i don't really fancy SA (too high for me - tested with the Filco spherical set). i'll decide when i receive it.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #894 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 17:15:21 »
i will most likely be selling mine (don't know what i ordered exactly, but TKL is there at the very least) since i don't really fancy SA (too high for me - tested with the Filco spherical set). i'll decide when i receive it.

Don't worry about it, put it in the classifieds and it'll sell faster than a rat up a drain pipe  :thumb: .

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #895 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 11:27:18 »
ok hey guys

so we have been going back and fourth on how to sort this issue

what it comes down to, is in order to get the set as advertised its gonna cost 600 dollars, that is to replace the 2 keys in the main set that are in the iso set

that is the off centre stepped ctrl and caps lock

600 is basically 60% of the entire budget i have to complete this buy for calmb4, which leaves some issues

im not convinced if we go ahead and order the additional keys, we will have enough to then cover shipping the sets out even after we sell the leftovers

i would like to stress this is the stage i have taken on this buy in, and unlike the buys i start that i am responsible for financially, i simply cannot cover all of this one with my own money, i have already raised over $300 dollars for this buy, as well as donating my, and my teams time

i think what this comes down to is, if anyone would like to contribute to getting this buy out of the weeds, that would be great, what i am hoping for is between some donation, as well as the sale of the few extra sets there are, we can cover this 600, and get this set finally shipped out to everyone

i think if we cant accomplish the fix this way, we may have to look into having a form where people can opt in or out of the keys, to see whoo needs what and what numbers we really need, but as discussed earlier, i really think its a bad idea to have the set split up differently and having some complete and some not floating around

another alternative is to possible drop the off centre ctrl, however, just because this halves the amount of keys ordered, it doesnt half the price, but it would significantly reduce it

really im here to facilitate all this happening, but essentially, im just a buyer in this gb like everyone else, and just want the set to be correct

i would appreciate any and all feedback, im not gonna be on the forum very much this week due to some personal circumstances, but will stop in as much as i can as i would like to get this sorted sooner rather than later

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 11:32:14 by BunnyLake »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #896 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 11:33:31 »
I don't have much advice, but you put the sentence about dropping off center CTRL in twice

That's the option I'd pick, but I don't know how many people actually want one.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline witbliz

« Reply #897 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 11:52:15 »
I'm so sorry bunny , but could we have a visual description of what is wrong with the caps and what it should normally look like ? I really don't know if I'm affected and I can't make any decision :(

Sorry for the inconvenience  as I'm just starting out with keyboard collecting hehe.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #898 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 11:59:45 »
I'm so sorry bunny , but could we have a visual description of what is wrong with the caps and what it should normally look like ? I really don't know if I'm affected and I can't make any decision :(

Sorry for the inconvenience  as I'm just starting out with keyboard collecting hehe.

its both the off centre stepped keys sir

if you dont know what they are they most likely wont affect you, but basically some people like a stepped key where the caps lock is and some keyboards are set up with the switch off centre for the caps lock so the stem therefore has to be off centre also for the set to be functional

Offline witbliz

« Reply #899 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:06:20 »
Thank u bunny for the quick description :) I guess I'll opt for the same to not burden you anymore and  drop those two keys ..