Author Topic: Hello! I'm Kraksx!  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Kraksx

Hello! I'm Kraksx!
« on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:34:01 »
Hello Geekhack community!

I am Kraksx, I am 17 and love computers. A couple of summers ago I built my first computer and have been hooked with customizing ever since. I have just now moved on to being interested in keyboards that aren't the standard layout and thus how I stumbled upon this site. My current keyboard is a Corsair K95 and I love it. This weekend I am going to order a Poker II though because I really want to try something new and much much smaller. I am based in Florida in the US and can't wait to know this site better! Also I am a gamer and I mainly play DOTA 2.

Also I am curious how you guys get little keyboard images in your signature, they look really cool and I'd like to do that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:08:16 by Kraksx »

Poker II

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Hello! I'm Kraksx!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:42:31 »
Welcome to GH!  Hope you enjoy your stay, and don't let us hurt your wallet too bad.   :))

The thread you are looking for is here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=19113.0   :thumb:

Cheers!

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:45:28 »
Welcome to GH!  Hope you enjoy your stay, and don't let us hurt your wallet too bad.   :))

The thread you are looking for is here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=19113.0   :thumb:

Cheers!

Thank you very much! And my wallet is already whimpering in the corner haha

Poker II

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:45:41 »
Make a phantom-it lets you have pretty much any layout you want

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:48:57 »

What do you mean?

Poker II

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:49:41 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:50:05 »

If you want particularly insane layouts in a TKL size, this is good advice.  :)  Beware that some of the crazy layouts will make it hard to find an appropriate case though, so be sure to do some research or prepare to modify a case.   :thumb:

What do you mean?

He's referring to the Phantom keyboard, a community-driven TKL keyboard design.  More info here.

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:53:34 »

If you want particularly insane layouts in a TKL size, this is good advice.  :)  Beware that some of the crazy layouts will make it hard to find an appropriate case though, so be sure to do some research or prepare to modify a case.   :thumb:

What do you mean?

He's referring to the Phantom keyboard, a community-driven TKL keyboard design.  More info here.

It does look tantalizing but I'm not sure I know enough about keyboards yet to do that.

Poker II

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:56:50 »
It does look tantalizing but I'm not sure I know enough about keyboards yet to do that.

If you can solder and ask questions then you would be good.   ;)   Keyboard soldering is quite simple, as it's typically all through-hole components, so only basic soldering skills are required.  And if you have questions, there is a soldering thread.   :thumb:

You don't have to though.  I'm just saying it's not as daunting as it may seem.   :)

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 15:59:35 »

If you can solder and ask questions then you would be good.   ;)   Keyboard soldering is quite simple, as it's typically all through-hole components, so only basic soldering skills are required.  And if you have questions, there is a soldering thread.   :thumb:

You don't have to though.  I'm just saying it's not as daunting as it may seem.   :)

I totally understand and I have soldered stuff before I just wouldn't be that comfortable with it. I think I'm getting a Poker II after my next paycheck so I'm pretty excited for that.

Poker II

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:23:36 »
welcome brutha!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****