Author Topic: You are all gullible fools who are easily parted with their money.  (Read 43277 times)

Offline almasy

A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard, spending $1000 on a keyboard isn't going to make you type faster and it won't make you better at games either
and $10 on little pieces of foam seriously?
let us not neglect to mention the stupidly overpriced 'key removers' that you buy instead of using the free ones you were given at birth (you know fingers, the things you eat pizza with)
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:50:44 by almasy »

Offline Cata1yst

You're are all gullible fools who are easily parted with their money.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:09:50 »
Quote from: almasy;352504
A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard, spending $1000 on a keyboard isn't going to make you type faster and it won't make you better at games either
let us not neglect to mention the stupidly overpriced 'key removers' that you buy instead of using the free ones you were given at birth (you know fingers, the things you eat pizza with)

Youve got nothing on some of the peeps on this forum when it comes to trolling. Please try again later

Offline ironman31

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:11:08 »
o, you have made me so mad. Darn you.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline DaemonRaccoon

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:12:34 »
Awww... did somebody get sniped during their ebay auction?

What keyboard costs $1000? The μTron (the king of expensive keyboards) only costs $550; even the Space Saving Model M's have yet to surpass it.
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline DesktopJinx

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:20:54 »
Dear Ferrari owners:

A sports car is a sports car is a sports car, spending $200000 on a sports car isn't going to make you get to work faster and it won't make you better at sex either
and $6000 on an oil change seriously?
let us not neglect to mention the stupidly overpriced 'driving shoes' that you buy instead of using the free ones you were given at birth (you know feet, the things you stink up the couch with)
M15 for life

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:22:31 »

wlcm 2 gh.

based on your needs, I recommend a topre board.
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline DaemonRaccoon

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:27:37 »
The Optimus Maximus doesn't count, it is purely a work of art. (That and it uses sucky ML switches.)
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline Tallon

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:30:55 »
A keyboard is a keyboard? You obviously haven't tried a mechanical. After all, I can type faster. At least 25-30 wpm faster - and infinitely more accurate. Anyway, many mechanical only cost $80-$150, which is the same range as the "high end" membrane boards. Very, very few people spend $1000 on a keyboard. You may want to learn a little before you troll...

Offline DesktopJinx

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:31:23 »
Quote from: ripster;352514
That one I agree with.  Porsche is less maintenance.

A Porsche doesn't sound like a Ferrari, any more than USB Cherry blues sound like PS/2 buckling springs. For some the hassle is worth it.

Quote from: Tallon;352521
You may want to learn a little before you troll...

That takes too long.
M15 for life

Offline curzen

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:32:30 »
if you are worried about the price of my keyboard I better not show you my house, car, PC or other toys...

3/10 'cause I actually replied to this
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline curzen

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:34:21 »
Quote from: ripster;352517
And get the Red ESC key too.

It pulls the room together.

it actually kinda does
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:36:50 »
if you get the black topre, I also recommend the colored W A S D.

I have the white topre, but still have it.

hehehe, naughty me
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:47:28 »
Almesy, hope you are not one-post-wonder.  Please come back again.  I want to know about your animal hobbies.

Offline RAICHU

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:53:22 »
Someone sounds like he's poor.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (Daily Driver) Filco Majestouch 1 Fullsize    [strike]Noppoo Choc Mini[/strike]     [strike]Leopold Tenkeyless[/strike]     [strike]Noppoo Choc Mini[/strike] [/B]

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:58:41 »
I'd recommend a Truly Ergonomic...
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline nolo

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:07:10 »
What about this one ? ;)

HP Japan’s Happy Hacking Professional Keyboard

( "Deficiente pecu, deficit omne, nia.")

Quote from: ripster;352512

Let me proudly show you my key puller collection.  Although my fav, the Filco Richard Gere special isn't in the pic.
Show Image

BTW ... very nice key pullers :)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18648[/ATTACH]
Sometimes they are very practical
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:51:24 by nolo »

Offline Mitchellderp

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:39:44 »
That was a poor excuse for a troll. I don't think he signed up for this forum only to say that, I bet his mech KB broke. :D

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:47:08 »
Hey, who knows! Maybe OP would be interested in a free Troll Face key. :)
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline ironman31

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:48:23 »
Quote from: Tallon;352521
A keyboard is a keyboard? You obviously haven't tried a mechanical. After all, I can type faster. At least 25-30 wpm faster - and infinitely more accurate. Anyway, many mechanical only cost $80-$150, which is the same range as the "high end" membrane boards. Very, very few people spend $1000 on a keyboard. You may want to learn a little before you troll...

troll bait
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline krull

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:53:06 »
22 replies in an hour and a half. Bad trolls are like blood in the water around here. :welcome:
Filco Majestouch w/cherry browns, Filco Majestouch w/cherry reds, Leopold Tenkeyless w/ cherry blues (in the mail)

Offline Rally Man

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 17:07:22 »
Quote from: Mitchellderp;352545
That was a poor excuse for a troll. I don't think he signed up for this forum only to say that, I bet his mech KB broke. :D

Or mum wont buy him the Filco he's been lusting after.
INPUT GEAR
Work: Logitech MX Revolution |
Filco "Hulk" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Home: Razer Imperator | Filco "Doraemon" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Want:  3DConnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise | Logitech MX Master

Offline Lanx

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 17:35:02 »
mentioning the optimus as a keyboard ppl buy is pathetic, I don't think anyone on this forum will ever admit to buying junk like that, it's like saying to the swiss ppl "hey did you try this Hershey bar? It's good right?"
Then the darn swiss would whip out a toblarone and beat ya with it!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 18:18:19 »
Quote from: nolo;352539
What about this one ? ;)

Show Image

HP Japan’s Happy Hacking Professional Keyboard

Heh, I was just reading about that the other day.  Each keycap is hand-painted and it comes in this really nifty box.  Makes me want to move to Japan. lol

][/URL]
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline trievalot

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 18:22:52 »
id cry too if i couldnt afford a good keyboard.

same reason millionaires pi$$ me off....i just jealous
[SIGPIC]

Offline trievalot

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 18:26:12 »
mow THATS a collection.....hope you didnt spend $1000.00
[SIGPIC]

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 18:50:09 »

Keyboards that cost a couple thousand are either collectibles, bulk purchase, specially made, industrial, or some exotic switch such as hall-effect magnetic.

Type faster yes, depends on the person and user though technically a scissor would be the fastest, (F)orce = (W)ork X (D)istance. Remember these high end keyboards were meant for typing originally.

Gaming better depends on the person. Some people have been using ****ty keyboards and or have been paying as much as a the keyboards we talk about using the same domes as a 1 dollar keyboard for years. At least with the high end keyboards this site presents you get your money's worth. In some cases yes buying the keyboard will improve your gaming as you remove hindrances and add consistency due to the robustness of the keyboard's capability.

Will it outright make you play better no but it sure as hell eliminates handicaps which plague some people and their lower end keyboards. In simplest terms a mechanical keyboard will not make you play better but will make the control you have better and more consistent without hindering you.

A mouse with a good sensor is a good example why bother finding a good sensor when any mouse does the job, sure it fails to track but that's okay because it's a mouse it's pointless to get something of better quality because they all do the same thing.

The people who do this are trying to eliminate as much noise as possible and  as cheaply as possible without resorting to higher-end plastics and or double-shot key caps.

Really I can use my fingers? Hmm didn't realize the keycaps on my keyboard connect in such a flimsy manner. So that's why your mad cause your 10 dollar keyboard wasn't worth the money you paid for.

Offline nolo

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:10:58 »
Quote from: reaper~;352581
Heh, I was just reading about that the other day.  Each keycap is hand-painted and it comes in this really nifty box.  Makes me want to move to Japan. lol

Show Image
]
Show Image
[/URL]

They are coated with Urushi. Every keyboard that is made gets over 10 coatings then receives a single layer of gold dust sprinkled on the top.

Awesome!

« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:15:23 by nolo »

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:16:25 »
They look like chocolate

Offline disco123

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:24:06 »
Thanks for your compliment. I feel smarter than I was after reading your post, also feel like to part with some money to a new keyboard. Ciao.
Mech. KBs:
Filco 10Keyless Red, Brown;
Filco 10keymore Brown, Black, Blue;
Topre Realforce 86 U;
Cherry G80-3494 Red.
G80-1865 Red (in the mail),
KBtalKing Pure (60% KB, red SW; in the making)
Rubber dome
Dell SK-8115

Offline dannyp

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:32:56 »
I didn't really read the full thread but I noticed 500 views succumbed to the troll. Maybe he's not so wrong about the gullible part. :(

Offline trievalot

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:41:47 »
Quote from: dannyp;352603
I didn't really read the full thread but I noticed 500 views succumbed to the troll. Maybe he's not so wrong about the gullible part. :(

i smell a double troll
[SIGPIC]

Offline What is X?

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:43:27 »
Meh, I don't think mechanical keyboards are worth it either. But I've got one now so I still appreciate it despite the price.

Offline Titmouse

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:09:26 »
I can't say if mechanical keyboards are worth the price. But as far as cost goes, the total cost of 100 or so Cherry switches, PCB, keycaps, casing, cable, packaging, shipping etc., can't be much cheaper than half of the retail price. 100% mark up, meh. It's not even close to being outrageous.
"Surprise! We threw away your old ugly keyboard and got you a brand new ergonomic keyboard from Microsoft!"  -- Findecanor

Offline dannyp

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:11:39 »
Quote from: trievalot;352605
i smell a double troll
Show Image

meh, just an observation.

Offline Wallach

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:13:13 »
Quote from: dannyp;352603

Why wouldn't I come in here to read this stuff. Everyone likes to watch someone make an ass out of themselves. If you're lucky you get more than one.

Offline Tony

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:21:20 »
I think the topic starter has a point. That's proven by the high number of views and replies. If he had no point at all, we would simply ignore this thread.

True, we here are a bit gullible for buying more keyboards than we can type on at the same time, or more than number of computers we have.

But keyboards are computer toys. We can choose whatever toy we like to play with and to collect it to show off to others. Be it mice, keyboards, stamps, hi-end speakers, Barbie dolls, and real Barbies (read, women).

By the way, some keyboards feel like boobs when we type on them, so we tend to suck at them.

[video=youtube;Go8JM4biUtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8JM4biUtA[/video]
[video=youtube;6S83hN-Wk98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S83hN-Wk98[/video]
[video=youtube;YIYSACsAdSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIYSACsAdSA[/video]
[video=youtube;MsRYat6p_IE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRYat6p_IE[/video]
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:32:02 by Tony »
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline dannyp

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:28:37 »
Quote from: Wallach;352615
Why wouldn't I come in here to read this stuff. Everyone likes to watch someone make an ass out of themselves. If you're lucky you get more than one.

hey i'm just as gullible, i'm here buying keyboards too. or maybe you were talking about yourself?

p.s. don't get mad Wallach. u mad bro?

Offline Wallach

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:32:41 »
Quote from: dannyp;352620
hey i'm just as gullible, i'm here buying keyboards too. or maybe you were talking about yourself?

p.s. don't get mad Wallach. u mad bro?

See? These threads pay for themselves every time.

Also, boobs.

Offline isp

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 21:56:57 »
He secretly pines for it.
hhkb

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 22:20:09 »
Whoever said we spend big bucks on mechanical keyboards to type faster or game better? That doesn't make any sense to ME either.

I, for one, was under the impression that we did it for the lulz.

Offline Zet

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 01:00:25 »
@keyboardlover: LMAO nice pic xDDDD ftlulz

Thanks to everyone pointing out the painting of those keys, if I can't manage my way to get red colored keycaps, I'll paint mines (any advices on what to paint them with? just after reading Urushi's trees, I doubt I can get that here) and will get rid of the lettering :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 01:03:25 by Zet »

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 01:17:46 »
The OP just doesn't get it.  It's not like we buy a 'board for a thousand dollars, it more like we spend a thousand dollars on several keyboards.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 01:19:12 »
Nice boobie! :)

The OP is PMing people offering blowjobs while playing with their mechanical keyboards.

It is what it is...
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline nhwhaup

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:15:37 »
In some respects I know for me this whole keyboard obsession is really silly but I have been in the constant search for the perfect keyboard. Once I've found it I don't find the need to collect multiple keyboards that basically all do the same thing.  My search led me to purchase like 9 different keyboards before finding the absolute best for me.  Thankfully most of the sites I purchased from had excellent return policies and the one that didn't (RealForce) I sold on here so someone else is enjoying this board. I ended up with 3 all time favorites and now am totally finished. I have a full sized Filco with reds at work and the same version in tenkeyless for at home.  I know it seems like with the red switches people either love them or hate them and I love them. I also have a white RealForce 86U and separate number pad also RealForce.  At this point I'll keep the RealForce for awhile and maybe swap it with the Filco every now and again.  Then again I might sell them as I can see myself always going back to the Filcos and in my opinion I'd rather have someone else enjoy it rather than having it sit around in my house collecting dust.

Nhwhazup
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline appie747

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:28:34 »
I think few people at GH think that board is a good choice. But thanks for pointing it out, it's fun to watch!
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline appie747

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:31:42 »
Quote from: almasy;352510
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/

I think few people at GH think that board is a good choice. But thanks for pointing it out, it's fun to watch!
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:35:58 »
Get a life, instead of bugging people. If you spend your money in drugs grils, guys that is your F*$@ problem
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:42:26 »
Do not waist your time explaining something BASIC to someone with half of brain
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline Gfresh404

« Reply #50 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:55:36 »
I <3 Trolls.

The world would be so boring without them.

Offline nolo

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 05:20:17 »
I think one should have a keyboard for each opportunity ;)

And anyway, why not?
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 05:41:17 by nolo »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 05:22:05 »
I use keyboards for work as a computer programmer. It is the most important tool I use.
I use keyboards after work too, being here and at other boards and for social networking.. That adds up to up to 12 hours 'a day, every day.

I have had medical problems in my hands, wrists, arm and shoulders called Repetitive Strain Injury and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome caused by having used cheap keyboards, mice and in improper ways. The members of Geekhack have helped me to find keyboards and mice that don't give these problems, and in turn I try to help other new members after me. From this, I have been inspired to design and construct my own ergonomic keyboard.

Even though, a good keyboard in new condition could cost $125 dollars. I have never spent that much on a single keyboard.
My other hobby involves collecting of paperweights, or building costumes that may cost up to $1000 ... or more. Not too long ago, I spent $150 on raw, untrimmed parts of sheet plastic that would cover my legs, and I still have to spend at least ten hours to adjust them to make them fit me.
Of the two hobbies that I have, this hobby of geeking out about keyboards is the more serious one, and the least expensive.

Offline sinis

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 06:48:00 »

you dont have friends to argue with, huh? need some forums. nice job dude!

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 07:47:49 »
I know of no GeekHacker who even OWNS an Optimus Maximus. We don't exactly "jump" on those type of keyboards.

We jump on Filco, Realforce, Leopold, IBM Mini's and sometimes the Chinese clones like Poker, Noppoo and Ducky.

But hey,

Offline mbc

• -delete-
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 08:23:12 »
lol... dont feed the trolls.. wait 4 pages .. its too late :D

BTW: you should simply ban people who dont have the decency to read some basic threads before posting uninformed opinions...
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 08:26:48 by mbc »

Offline Gfresh404

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 08:40:17 »
Quote from: almasy;352510
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/

I literally just came in my pants.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 08:53:04 »

Typing better texts? No.
Typing faster with fewer errors? Yes.
Ripping out the switches (ALPS) with just the fingers? Yes.
Scratched fingers after 1000s of key caps removed without a proper tool? Yes.
Eating Pizza with fingers? No.
Eating Pizza with expensive silver cutlery from around 100 years ago? Yes.
Should almasy stick with his rubberdome keyboard? Yes.
Should almasy move over to OCN? Yes.

Good bye.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 11:52:07 by 7bit »
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline redpill

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 09:21:44 »
If it only costs me $1k it will be a money saver because it would have distracted me from more expensive things like German cars and rare booze!

I've had single glasses of pre-ban 1900 absinthe that cost hundreds of dollars (a whole bottle is a few grand).  Am I a gullible fool?  Or do I know something about enjoying life that the OP doesn't? :)

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline almasy

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:26:09 »
Wow, you're all hopeless.
Nearly as bad as mac fanboys, they too think overpaying for things makes them better ($9000 for something that works as well as a $1800 laptop)

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:33:12 »
ok steve jobs, come out of hiding silly
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline redpill

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:38:03 »
Quote from: almasy;352774
Wow, you're all hopeless.
Nearly as bad as mac fanboys, they too think overpaying for things makes them better ($9000 for something that works as well as a $1800 laptop)

You're really not very good at this.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:43:16 »
Quote from: noodles256;352778
ok steve jobs, come out of hiding silly

Its MW's nemesis!!!

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:43:17 »
I don't think overpaying for things makes them better.

However I KNOW that all of my mechanical keyboards are better than whatever the OP is using right now.

Check out the thread title. Guy can't even type properly.

Offline DaemonRaccoon

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:45:24 »
You are are? Is that even English?

Offline almasy

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:49:57 »
Quote from: ripster;352787
$1800 IS too much for a laptop.

$700 HP Fusion DM1z upgraded to SSD is good enough.

Why would anybody pay more for a ThinkPad or MacBook Air?

Because thinkpads are the only things certified for use on the ISS?  can't do work up there without one.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:58:18 »
Thinkpads always have huge sales Black Friday weekend. That's the only time when I buy them.

Got my W500 last year @ 20% off - it's a full desktop replacement with solid state drive.

It owns...it OWNS!

Offline baller1308

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 11:08:30 »
It's like saying a watch is a watch is a watch.  Clearly there are tons of watches out there with varying prices but they all pretty much do the same thing, tell time.  I wouldn't go so far as to spend a $1k on a keyboard, but $100 is not that bad.  Logitech sells $100+ keyboards so I don't see the problem and I know a lot of people that use their gaming line keyboards.  Collecting multiple keyboards is just like any other hobby in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 11:10:50 by baller1308 »
Noppoo Choc Mini [Browns]
HPE 87 [Browns]

Offline redpill

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 11:30:49 »
Sadly, some dismissive individuals will never experience the "good feeling of oneness with cup rubber."

Offline Cata1yst

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 13:11:46 »
Youre being reverse trolled by ripster. How does it feel?

Quote from: ripster;352814
The Space Station is a waste of money.

Communist plot.

Thinkpads suck worse than Macbooks.

I wouldnt say worse, the original thinkpads are built like tanks.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 13:14:41 »
hello i'm panda.

most people jealous of panda cuz panda overpays for nice things. why is that? Just because I live in a zoo and i have my own arsenal of world class chefs at my disposal doesn't mean i should be treated any differently than anyone else. Just last week I bought a nice pair of loafers made from a baby cow. Is it that wrong to be wealthy and to spend it on nice things to support the peasant class that complains about the unfair distribution of wealth but takes no initiative to better themselves to be able to buy a nice pair of loafers made from a baby cow? My spending habits supports all the maggots of this world and the economy that keeps them afloat and yet they always complain. I think most complainers would be better off living in a communist state with me as their leader.
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 13:28:10 »
You're the most unsuccessfull troll that has ever been on GH.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 13:30:28 »
yah wut a nubcake, he thinks someone actually cares what he thinks. Unlike panda, i've been trolling since 1992 and everyone takes my words as if they were spoken by deng xiao ping.

Offline Cata1yst

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 13:32:23 »
Quote from: panda-R;352839
yah wut a nubcake, he thinks someone actually cares what he thinks. Unlike panda, i've been trolling since 1992 and everyone takes my words as if they were spoken by deng xiao ping.

A WILD MASTER TROLL HAS APPEARED!

1 Ripster + 1 Panda + 1 Random internet troll...

This should be interesting.

Offline pingbat

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 13:32:42 »
Quote from: noodles256;352515
wlcm 2 gh.

based on your needs, I recommend a topre board.

Bahahahahaaahahaaa, best comeback ever.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 13:47:58 »
Quote from: Cata1yst;352842
A WILD MASTER TROLL HAS APPEARED!

1 Ripster + 1 Panda + 1 Random internet troll...

This should be interesting.

at least u gave me props cuz im da troll master from eastern siberia. I mean sichuan.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 13:59:36 »
I think everybody love the Panda, at least they should! :panda:

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 14:18:33 »
Not a particularly good troll attempt, but a good opportunity to recap a few basics.

1. Very generally speaking, quality costs money (directly or indirectly). Always. Therefore, a high-quality product won't be cheap.

2. However, since there isn't an upper limit on markup and there may be multiple other factors involved (e.g. economy of scale), the inverse conclusion is invalid. I think we don't do too bad a job in checking quality indicators and performance around here. That's reasonably straightforward, keyboards aren't audio amplifiers after all.

3. I'd think the vast majority of folks here basically are after a "good, dependable keyboard" that suited their needs (and budget), or at least were at some point. There is plenty of overpriced gaming trash on the market which is quite simply optimized for anything but key input, so what you get is backlighting, a display and what have you, but key feel and durability may not even match a basic $10 job. If it turns out that your ideal keyboard is, say, a HHKB and you have the 250 bucks, why not? Of course buying one without doing proper research would be foolish. I'd say a lot of folks walk away with a choice that is good bang for the buck here - Unicomps, Cherry G80s (on this side of the pond), Filcos, Leopolds, whatever.

4. Even if you do get into collecting, it is a relatively inexpensive hobby absolutely speaking. (Cars? Flying? Golf?) Nobody said you have to amass Optimus Maximus', µTrons or G80-5000s. I've had some fairly nice 1€ finds on the 'bay, too. In fact, looking out for those old obscure 'boards and actually getting something interesting and documenting it is part of the fun.

A few random examples:

If I had the choice between a new netbook and a used, but refurb'd and upgraded older X series Thinkpad at a similar price, what would I get? The Thinkpad, no doubt. It's not just the "nipple", the whole machine is pro-grade and cost an arn and a leg new. I would expect getting good use out of it for years to come, with good spares availability. Buying one new? Maybe not, but I'm not a business with money to throw around.

Why do people collect fancy mechanical watches that cost quite a bit if a $30 quartz job would do better in timekeeping and shock resistance? It's the fascination of getting good performance out of this obsolete technology. Much like hunting for those exotic signals on shortwave is still fun in this Internet age, assuming you have a somewhat RFI-free listening spot or antenna location. Those into technology can also collect implementation details for various functions and marvel at the solutions people have come up with over the years. (The areas of frequency generation and frequency readout in receivers alone have a lot of cool stuff to offer.)

As opposed to mechanical watches, mechanical keyboards aren't even technically outdated. High-quality keyboards in general just went out of fashion in the 1990s due to price pressure. Computers in general got a lot cheaper, so associated components also had to.
Nowadays, however, a PC is a commodity item that begs to be personalized. Just like people may choose to put in the latest and most power-hungry graphics card or stick to a quiet passively cooled job, or two big monitors vs. a single smaller one, they also have choice among input devices. And that's a good thing.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline DaemonRaccoon

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 14:20:54 »
Excellent rebuttal to this troll.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 14:36:31 »
MECHWARRIOR is my favorite game!

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 14:41:21 »
he probably bought a xarmor :D

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 17:15:19 »
Quote from: panda-R;352869

I used to play that game!

Offline nolo

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 17:26:48 »
A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard, ....
A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard, .... Do you like it?  

... you know fingers, the things you eat pizza with ...
Give cutlery a chance!

@keyb_gr: well-spoken :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 17:31:24 by nolo »

Offline Plump

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 20:19:56 »
We're all gullible fools, easily parted with our money...?

Fu ! I'm done for...
How do you spell "awesome" ? J-E-F-F B-R-I-D-G-E-S.

Offline isp

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 20:30:47 »
Still sippin that haterade...
hhkb

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 21:02:54 »
Show Image

I want the runcible spoon version.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 21:03:01 »
Quote from: ripster;352528
Highly recommended despite the 0/5 boob rating.

A French one? Geez, you are in a good mood Ripster.

I liked when she made the stew and he was looking all around for his mean lapin.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Zet

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 21:43:05 »
such low boob rating can't be good :(

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 22:40:42 »
This thread has a better rating then that.
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 23:32:38 »
Quote from: Zet;352991
such low boob rating can't be good :(

If you like French depressing humor, you in for a blast ;-)
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 23:46:48 »
mehzorz
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline DeltaGunner

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 03:41:56 »
Obvious Troll is Obvious, dont feed him people. Use da b4nst1ck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Keyboards:
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Wishlist:
DAS Ultimate Model S Ultimate Silent, or atleast some other Cherry Brown
Mice:
Logitech Trackball
Logitech Trackman Wheel
CM Storm Sentinel Advance 5.600 DPI
Switches:
Blue
Want to try:
Black, Brown, Red and BS

Offline Tony

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 04:35:07 »
We do not care about the trolls.

He is simly a provocative excuse so we can share about our hobbies, spending habits and boobs.

Btw, here is the 10 most expensive keyboards up to date. Optimus keyboard, with the price of 1200 USD, is the fourth (3 keyboards more expensive). Hold tight to your credit cards now!

http://most-expensive.net/10-computer-keyboards
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2011, 04:46:09 by Tony »
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black

Offline agor

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 04:51:41 »
He I go reading all that pages in hope for more posts from him only to get disappointed.
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline Tony

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 05:05:07 »
The troll is an avid reader of this thread and will become a keyboard lover, given the right understanding, information and guidance from us.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 05:16:58 »
Quote from: Tony;353069
We do not care about the trolls.

He is simly a provocative excuse so we can share about our hobbies, spending habits and boobs.

Btw, here is the 10 most expensive keyboards up to date. Optimus keyboard, with the price of 1200 USD, is the fourth (3 keyboards more expensive). Hold tight to your credit cards now!

http://most-expensive.net/10-computer-keyboards

I've got one of those (the comfort), is that wrong?

I would have had the orbitouch too, but the ebay seller made some stupid excuse about the board being 'broken'...
The Maltron Executive isn't on their website anymore - that's only likely to increase in price now.

Offline magictoaster

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 09:07:54 »
I vote Topre. Nicely priced, well made and durable. It will also make you popular with the ladies (Ripster should add this in the Wiki) ...

Offline Mazora

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 09:16:35 »
magictoaster, you have 4 topres :?)
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline magictoaster

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 10:10:50 »
Quote from: Mazora;353120
magictoaster, you have 4 topres :?)
Yes. I've just received a new Topre Realforce 86U. If all goes well, I should be getting a SE170S and a SE070S later this summer. I probably sell them (I'll probably end up keeping only the SE170S and SE070S) at some point.

Offline magictoaster

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 10:12:04 »
It's owning the keyboard that makes you popular with the ladies. Joining GH makes you LESS popular... ;)

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #100 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 10:18:57 »
I just ordered my first keyboard thats over $400, and its not even new. I'm so l33t i'm keeping the identity of the board secret from everyone. I plan to ambush the fedex driver, take him out to tge shed for interrogation, and if he knows too much, well there's a wooded area nearby...  Lots of coyotes, etc.

I hear that if you boil the bones that it makes them easy to grind up and sprinkle around.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline magictoaster

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 10:21:44 »
Hydrofluoric acid is the best choice for dissolving bones... Or so I've read (on Askville)...

Offline magictoaster

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 10:22:30 »
Quote from: Oqsy;353139
I hear that if you boil the bones that it makes them easy to grind up and sprinkle around.

Hydrofluoric acid is the best choice for dissolving bones... Or so I've read (on Askville)...

Offline dannyp

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 11:40:53 »
Quote from: panda-R;352869

me too!

Offline looserboy

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:29:55 »
http://thecow.me/24ad8cfc

check this guy out folks :-)

Cherry: G80 MX11900blacks  - G80 MX1800 blacks - G80 MX1502 blacks all cards  - G81 MY 8005 ins. cards - G81 MY 3000 modded to 20g (HowTo)
NMB SPACEINVADER white
Noppo: Choc Pro browns  - Choc Mini reds
IBM: Model F IBM: Model M SSK IBM: Model M

Offline Mitchellderp

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:36:52 »
Quote from: looserboy;353209
http://thecow.me/24ad8cfc

He seems pretty cool, link to his other vids?

Offline looserboy

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:40:24 »
Quote Originally Posted by looserboy View Post
http://thecow.me/24ad8cf

Mitchellderp

He seems pretty cool, link to his other vids?

yes^^ :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:42:59 by looserboy »

Cherry: G80 MX11900blacks  - G80 MX1800 blacks - G80 MX1502 blacks all cards  - G81 MY 8005 ins. cards - G81 MY 3000 modded to 20g (HowTo)
NMB SPACEINVADER white

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:50:30 »
I wish we still had thread ratings. I used to give threads like this one 5 stars for the lulz.

Pisses off the OP like you wouldn't believe.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:52:40 »
:roll:
Keyboardless

Offline PlayerZero

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 16:26:00 »
Someone plays a troll on WoW...
Extensive research has found your statement to be of inferior quality.  Please revise it.

KEYBOARD:  Leopold FC200RC/AB with Cherry MX Blues
MOUSE:  Logitech G400

Geekhack:  A wiki is worth 1000 threads.

Offline looserboy

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 16:39:09 »
Quote from: ripster;353218
Tired meme.

How come the Germans never told me about Lena?
[video=youtube;8QSgNM9yNjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QSgNM9yNjo[/video]

because most of people dont like her and how she behaves, shes a real fake person and we are happy she hasnt won.
she has gotten what she has deserved :-)

i dont like her and crawl some german forums, you will see, she isnt that popular in our country in addition to this eurovision song contest a lot of people were pissed to see stefan raab and anke engelke´s moderation. because there far more symphatic moderators (talk masters..) the last ESC was cool, that was more  fun in comparsion to this year.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2011, 16:48:55 by looserboy »

NMB SPACEINVADER white

Offline nolo

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 16:44:22 »
Boobs :)

Offline nolo

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 16:49:11 »
Snaky moves ...

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 17:51:28 »
like snookie
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 19:34:15 »
Quote from: noodles256;353390
like snookie

Wait, what?  That's a girl?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline spolia optima

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 19:47:18 »
...let us not neglect to mention the stupidly overpriced 'key removers' that you buy instead of using the free ones you were given at birth (you know fingers, the things you eat pizza with)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18702[/ATTACH]
keyboards!

Offline redpill

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 20:02:27 »
^ Which is kind of an ironic statement because watching someone try to remove a key in the middle of the keyboard with just their fingers would be rather funny.  Paperclips work fine but certainly not as efficient as a key puller, especially if you're doing a larger volume.

Offline spolia optima

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 20:38:49 »
Quote from: redpill;353445
^ Which is kind of an ironic statement because watching someone try to remove a key in the middle of the keyboard with just their fingers would be rather funny. Paperclips work fine but certainly not as efficient as a key puller, especially if you're doing a larger volume.

I use keypullers more than any other tool when working on keyboards. Except maybe a philips. $2 and it makes pulling keys infinitely easier. Lots of IC pullers work too.
keyboards!

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 20:47:43 »
hey spolia!

another vote for ic pullers.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline audioave10

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 21:10:31 »
This was a fun thread to read. Too bad almasy wasn't part of it.
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline redpill

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 22:15:33 »
Quote from: ripster;353478
Who?

I don't know but I think it's one of Justin Bieber's Twitter names

woody

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 02:38:05 »
Quote from: spolia optima;353459
Lots of IC pullers work too.
IC what you did there.

Offline spolia optima

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 11:41:52 »
Quote from: woody;353544
IC what you did there.

14 points.
keyboards!

Offline foliolio

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 11:45:28 »
I have a metallic keypuller but every time I'm about to use it, I'm mortally petrified of the possibility that it will scratch the sides of my precious keycaps. :(

I guess I should start looking for a plastic one.

Offline nolo

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 13:28:57 »
Quote from: foliolio;353680
I have a metallic keypuller but every time I'm about to use it, I'm mortally petrified of the possibility that it will scratch the sides of my precious keycaps. :(

Have you ever tried to use a vacuum suck pen ? ;)

Offline redpill

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 16:33:16 »
[video=youtube;ZXOAc5yt218]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXOAc5yt218[/video]

Offline redpill

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 17:04:18 »
Not quite the same pin-up quality as Kelly LeBrock in Weird Science imho

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 07:41:07 »
Quote from: foliolio;353680

After the round 1 doubleshot key group buy it was claimed by some on here that the reverse is actually true:  The plastic ring-type puller included in that buy was scratching keys.

Which is why round 2 used "TOY" to refer to the plastic one and "TOOL" for the metal type.
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline almasy

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 22:57:39 »
Fools, not tools.

Offline Alex

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 23:10:55 »
Thanks dude! I was about to order another keyboard even though I have several, but this thread totally changed my mind. I'll part with my money on a $200 CST L-Trac trackball instead.

Offline csm725

• I BLEED RED AND GOLD
    • http://csm725.com
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 23:21:01 »
Now I'm going to sell my KBC Poker for a cheaper lower-quality keyboard. The valid points brought up in this thread changed my mind and I now ordered 22 Logitech G15's. One for each finger and toe and one for each testicle.

Offline redpill

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 23:21:37 »
lol random necro.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 23:22:34 »
The OP returneth!

almasy, what keyboard should I buy?
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline csm725

• I BLEED RED AND GOLD
    • http://csm725.com
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 23:22:48 »
There should be ergonomic testicle keyboards.

Offline Astounding

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 01:34:44 »
Quote from: almasy;369247
Fools, not tools.

Should I go with Cherry MX Blue or Fukka White Alps!?  (Filco Board, I preferred Alps on a siig to blue cherry on a black widow)

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 13:22:43 »
almasy for Keyboard Oracle!

...Sorry, wrong forum...

Offline ktkr

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 13:57:02 »
Oh boy, keyboards are probably among the most useful overpriced crap I buy.

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 14:03:34 »
Keyboards are nothing compared to vintage keycaps. Cherry dye sub goodness does not come cheap.
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline Mitchellderp

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 15:22:17 »
the troll worked D:

Offline Engine

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 17:40:23 »
Major "Trollage".
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline Tony

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 23:52:47 »
We should make this thread sticky.

It has lively debates, useful information, nice pictures, sexy videos. And it got high views too.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 June 2011, 23:55:24 by Tony »

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 16:31:55 »
Come to think of it...

I didn't need to spend all that money on a kinesis advantage, I could have just stuck with the ms natural for a few more weeks.

Gutted.  Saving that money would have been totally worthwhile and to be honest, needed, after I gave up my IT related career.

Bless.

Offline spitfire6000

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 18:47:55 »
I paid 160 bucks for my Filco ninja black switch keyboard.

It FEELS a million times nicer to type and play games on than any rubber dome keyboard, and the build quality is amazing.

How does this make me a sucker? I just wanted the best possible keyboard with key letters printed on the FRONT of the key not on the key itself as to prevent wear.

I will keep this keyboard for at least the next 3-5 years, so it is well worth its investment. It is rated at 50 million key presses lifetime, and that will last well past 5 years.

Terrible trolling attempt.

Offline Larry Dallas

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 19:03:36 »
Quote from: spitfire6000;370303
Terrible trolling attempt.

Yeah, it only spawned twelve pages of discussion.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 19:27:29 »
I forgot about this guy. Should have added him to the troll poll.

Offline redpill

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 22:51:45 »
And frankly it turned into too much of a party thread to be considered a good troll.