Author Topic: Opinions on 10 keyless kbs?  (Read 9158 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Opinions on 10 keyless kbs?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 19:46:45 »
filco tkl should be $150 tops..
woahhhh the price on that is nutty, for that much id rather buy a realforce

There's a reason that people pay $500+ for custom boards, because they're simple better than the standard. Same with Filco, it's relative build quality is supposed to be quite a bit higher than Realforce boards (subjectively, the case has a really ugly amount of extra bezel attached to it as well).
Its not so much the price of the Filco in general, just the fact that I've seen them in a bunch of other places for cheaper.

this is why ducky > filco when it comes to standard type boards.  they're much more innovative and they charge you for it.  much better than not beung innovative and charging you for their brand name.

also, i laughed at $150 realforce joke lol.
Ive seen them for 150 in classifieds a couple of times let alone theyre only 199 right now... not seeing the joke when its a legitimate price

What? Show me a legitimate Realforce that's not half-dead for $150 (not including the Type Heaven) and I'll accept it as truth. Until then, make less bad jokes please.

PCCG used to sell 87U RealForce for $179.  That is AUD, which works out at about USD$160.

New.

Variable weight but.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 21:11:47 »
PCCG used to sell 87U RealForce for $179.  That is AUD, which works out at about USD$160.

New.

Variable weight but.

I actually want to try a variable weight, seems a lot nicer than a uniform
But that price, darn. Cheaper than an FC660C?
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Comment

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 21:13:51 »

New.

Variable weight but.

But that price would be a "joke".......... ;D
Check out my WTB/WTS/WTTF Thread!

HHKB Pro 2                 Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 21:34:24 »

New.

Variable weight but.

:rolleyes:
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline Comment

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 21:36:28 »

New.

Variable weight but.

You're really not funny, and you should calm down.
Alright, way to be a ****. I even apologized for any harshness in our argument... and then after being proved wrong about a $150 realforce, you continue to be a ****. Good people to note in the community.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 21:37:15 »
10 keyless keyboards? I only know of one keyless keyboard...
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 January 2014, 22:34:49 by 1pq »
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Comment

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 21:40:27 »

New.

Variable weight but.

:rolleyes:
Way to edit the rude remark out.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 21:42:37 »

New.

Variable weight but.

Alright, way to be a ****. I even apologized for any harshness in our argument... and then after being proved wrong about a $150 realforce, you continue to be a ****. Good people to note in the community.

First of all, stop thread crapping. Also, I edited the statement after I saw your apology, but I guess it doesn't matter to you.

Offline Comment

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 21:46:14 »

New.

Variable weight but.

First of all, stop thread crapping. Also, I edited the statement after I saw your apology, but I guess it doesn't matter to you.
Ive been done with this thread. For some reason you continue to talk after providing two pages of false info. Instead of rubbing in your face that you were wrong, I made it light hearted by making a joke and you threw it in my face. Anything else you have to say to justify yourself can go to PMs.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 22:00:39 »

New.

Variable weight but.

No, they really were that price.

Here is my thread from May-2013 where I was trying to find out where in Australia to get TKL keyboards.

The prices quoted were all correct at the time of posting.

And the post was not edited.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 22:01:51 »

New.

Variable weight but.

Ive been done with this thread. For some reason you continue to talk after providing two pages of false info. Instead of rubbing in your face that you were wrong, I made it light hearted by making a joke and you threw it in my face. Anything else you have to say to justify yourself can go to PMs.

You're clearly wrong, as everyone in this thread has made clear. It's obvious that you're a rabid Thorpe fanboy and can't seem to get the idea that you're never wrong out of your mind. But I'm fine if you have the last word, because you're laughably wrong.

Offline Comment

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 22:17:31 »

New.

Variable weight but.

You're clearly wrong, as everyone in this thread has made clear. It's obvious that you're a rabid Thorpe fanboy and can't seem to get the idea that you're never wrong out of your mind. But I'm fine if you have the last word, because you're laughably wrong.
Okay all arguments aside because im assuming im confused about what the miscommunication was. All I was saying was that there are 150 dollar realforces out there like the price on the filco that OP linked. You said that its a funny joke to find one for that cheap and then rowdy said there was one for 150. What am I missing here? You keep calling me a thorpe fanboy for topre clown but I dont even own a topre  :-[

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 22:35:32 »
OP was done two pages ago.  Locking due to pointless bickering. :thumb: