Author Topic: [GB] LED Color Changer Cover --Deadline January 14th  (Read 70499 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] LED Color Changer Cover --Deadline January 14th
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 03:35:34 »
I am curious how much massdrop will charge in end.

If it's more expensive than ordering from Qtan I don't see a reason to wait for it.

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 22:47:11 »
Well, I just bought a bunch of these at engtaobao.com.  They come 10 per box ($0.75 each) and I bought 11 boxes each of 7 different colors  ($0.75 * 11 = $8.25 per color * 7 colors = $57.75 total + $3.33 fee + 3.5% Visa card fee = $63.22 grand total so far) (did not buy WHITE (8th) color).  I'll still have to pay for shipping from China to US and I'll let folks know how it turns out.  Had to do it.  My Ducky Shine III is crying out for these.   :p

So now I've paid for shipping to the US which came to $17.61.  That brings the grand total for the entire order of 770 pieces (110 each of 7 different colors) to $63.22 + $17.61 = $80.83 or just under 10.5 cents each.  Now I am waiting for the shipment from China.  Fingers crossed.  :)  Can't wait to try these on my Ducky Shine III!   :p

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 00:42:15 »
Thanks for the info!

I really doubt Massdrop can undercut that price. Will probably also fall back on Qtan :)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 01:14:25 »
Well, I just bought a bunch of these at engtaobao.com.  They come 10 per box ($0.75 each) and I bought 11 boxes each of 7 different colors  ($0.75 * 11 = $8.25 per color * 7 colors = $57.75 total + $3.33 fee + 3.5% Visa card fee = $63.22 grand total so far) (did not buy WHITE (8th) color).  I'll still have to pay for shipping from China to US and I'll let folks know how it turns out.  Had to do it.  My Ducky Shine III is crying out for these.   :p

So now I've paid for shipping to the US which came to $17.61.  That brings the grand total for the entire order of 770 pieces (110 each of 7 different colors) to $63.22 + $17.61 = $80.83 or just under 10.5 cents each.  Now I am waiting for the shipment from China.  Fingers crossed.  :)  Can't wait to try these on my Ducky Shine III!   :p

Where did you get those? That's basically what I ordered.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 01:17:04 »

Qtan, he is a well known and long time vendor from Asia. He has his own vendor forum here on GH. Check it out :)

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 22:47:04 »
I have ordered many many many things from qtan. he is good people. well trusted.

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 22:50:01 »

Please see my earlier post in this thread for that information.  Too long to repeat.

Offline Sleepie

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 22:19:35 »
Just got my gift payment back from Paypal. If you sent it as a gift, try asking them to manually open a claim for you and explain that the transaction was a payment for the purchase of goods.

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $80.60 USD and this amount has been credited to
you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.
Ducky Shine 3  _Magenta&Brown    sold
Keycool 87   _white case&white leds&mx brown&rainbow caps

Offline transcend3nt

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:05:59 »
came across this link via one of the "proposed" drop in Mass drop

http://www.buychina.com/items/daydream-white-backlight-machine-keyboards-cherry-axis-specific-color-shade-by-atsu-uqonuursqnh

i'm getting the 87 keys from here. hopefully it's legit. i will come back again,when it arrives, or when it doesn't.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:27:06 by transcend3nt »

Offline Charizard^

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 02:13:00 »

http://www.buychina.com/items/daydream-white-backlight-machine-keyboards-cherry-axis-specific-color-shade-by-atsu-uqonuursqnh

i'm getting the 87 keys from here. hopefully it's legit. i will come back again,when it arrives, or when it doesn't.

Someone from the subreddit used this source to buy color changers as well. They got them on time. Hopefully it works out  :thumb:

Offline sovano

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 11:17:00 »
They work okay; I got mines last week. The group buy on MassDrop for this is coming pretty soon for those of you who don't want to use a proxy service.

The only thing I'd say about these is that the weaker your LEDs are in terms of brightness, the less appealing these may be to you. I thought my Ducky Shine II had pretty bright white LEDs, but after putting these on the colors aren't as bright as I thought they'd be. Perhaps the Ducky Shine III and YotS have brighter LEDs than the II version? I couldn't find any information on the internet to confirm this though.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 March 2014, 11:24:59 by sovano »

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:49:06 »
Just got my gift payment back from Paypal. If you sent it as a gift, try asking them to manually open a claim for you and explain that the transaction was a payment for the purchase of goods.

Very cool.  I opened a manual claim today.  Apparently, you have to actually phone them and work this through voice communication with an actual human at Paypal.  I worked with Valerie who was very helpful.  I, too, had gifted the jerkface.  PayPal is telling me that if the jerkface does not respond in a few days I'll get my money back.  Thanks for the tip!

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:07:29 »

I received my order yesterday.  Everything was there EXCEPT for a few packs of one color but there seems to be some confusion concerning the "pink" and "purple" colored parts.  They are very closely colored until you have light shining through them.  So, I sent them an email about how I am short 7 of the 11 10-packs of the "purple" items that I ordered.

In my opinion, they look good.  Yes, they mute the brightness a bit as was expected but I actually prefer muted lighting to blindingly bright.  I already had my LEDs on a very low setting, so, for me, I was just able to turn them up a bit and be satisfied.

I tried to take some pictures but they just don't do them justice.  The colors are:

Q = Blue
W = Green
E = Purple (I think)
A = Red
S = Orange
D = Yellow
Z = Pink (I think)

All of the colors are much more vivid in person.  Probably my photography skills.  :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:09:05 by KylJoy »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:25:47 »
Thanks for the pics!

Orange and Red seem a little pale but it looks good enough :)

Offline keymaster3

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 09:50:29 »
Thanks for the pics!

Orange and Red seem a little pale but it looks good enough :)

I just got a box of them too and you're right, I think the material that these are made from are not meant to be used in this way or are just poor at projecting the colors. They should've gone with something more transparent like this: 56651-0
[WTB] BROCAP V2! Send em my way boys ;)

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 19:13:57 »
They are better in person and I like them fine.  They perform as I expected them to.

Offline Feenoh

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 19:24:55 »
Please please please tell me I can still order a few hundred of them! I can pay asap!

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 20:18:24 »
These are now on Massdrop

Link

Offline Feenoh

« Reply #218 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 11:14:01 »
These are now on Massdrop

Link
Yeah but this group buy is/was? a lot cheaper...

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #219 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 11:32:44 »
Technically not since this gb was just a scam.

Offline Feenoh

« Reply #220 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 15:29:50 »
Damn I wasn't even aware, thanks for the heads up.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 23:39:24 »
Damn I wasn't even aware, thanks for the heads up.

Deadline was January 14th, and everyone here filed a complaint on paypal to get their money back.

Offline transcend3nt

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 07:16:00 »

alright guys. this works. received it today.. which took 12 days in total from China to SG.

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 11:13:12 »
FYI, I received my refund from PayPal for the "gift" I had sent to the scumbag thief that started this fake group buy.  It was a bit satisfying to hear that they "recovered" the funds from him.  Weather they were actually able to get the money from the dirtbag or if they simply had to take it in the shorts, I can't say.  But I have my $$$ back.

Offline DubbTom

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:52:47 »
I spoke with a representative from Paypal and because I payed with Paypal balance instead of with a credit card, I was unable to get my money back. I did however make sure that he took the necessary steps to get his account closed and he said that if it turns out that everything goes as planned, then money MIGHT be sent back to people's accounts.  :thumb:
poker II

Offline keymaster3

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 19:12:48 »
I just got mines from taobao but it was expensive... I still think its worth looking into for anyone else looking for some.
[WTB] BROCAP V2! Send em my way boys ;)

Offline ShapelessJoint

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:30:25 »
I just placed an order for 27 of each color. I hope I'm not too late lol.

For my 1st Cherry MX keyboard ever  !!!

you GEEKS convinced me that the world deserves better than rubber dome switches. :thumb:
-CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX brown, Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:32:58 »
I just placed an order for 27 of each color. I hope I'm not too late lol.

For my 1st Cherry MX keyboard ever  !!!

you GEEKS convinced me that the world deserves better than rubber dome switches. :thumb:

If you placed an order here, it's not going anywhere.

The GB fell through sadly...

Try either using a TaoBao proxy to buy them or wait for the next Massdrop, since the second round ended a bit ago: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/led-color-changer

Offline ShapelessJoint

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:48:44 »
I am not sure if i can live without these. Someone PLEASE tell me where i can buy them. :eek:
-CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX brown, Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 23:31:13 »
I am not sure if i can live without these. Someone PLEASE tell me where i can buy them. :eek:

massdrop had 2 runs before

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 00:17:42 »
Pretty sure Massdrop is doing another run soonish
Just keep an eye out by subscribing to their email list

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 08:43:06 »
I got my batch from massdrop. Just an FYI for anyone who wants to get the pink ones in the next massdrop - don't bother. It's so much dimmer than the purple.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 08:47:20 »
Should the mods edit the OP and remove the order form? Maybe put a note this appears to have been a scam?

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:11:44 »
Should the mods edit the OP and remove the order form? Maybe put a note this appears to have been a scam?

Yeah.  I think that would be for the best.

Mod Edit: OP has been hidden.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 May 2014, 12:25:21 by jwaz »