Author Topic: TMK IBM PC Keyboard Converter  (Read 162239 times)

Offline Wingklip

• I am the one the one the one the one the one
Re: TMK IBM PC Keyboard Converter
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 22 May 2024, 02:01:15 »
With no hid_listen output I guess you are using probably different firmware or just failed to flash?

Is there a way to flash in 2024 that doesn't need expired signed drivers? I can't use test signing mode because... Valorant lol

And also, the drivers provided don't seem to be able to find my little generic pro micro. Force installing drivers also seems impossible for reasons unknown...
Try downloading Default Prebuilt Firmware directly from the open post.
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline Wingklip

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 22 May 2024, 02:02:50 »
Pullup is a 1K measuring 0.995k, I have added another resistor in series each but it doesn't make any difference 🤔

5576 Plate Spring by Ricoh, not exactly sure which 002 or 001

I've been testing on a normal keyboard.

There is no HID-Listen output at all, it's not even finding the device 0.0

Apologies if this is a stupid suggestion, but did you use the same software to flash the PS/2 firmware as you did the ADB?  I only ask because I recently assembled a Soarer converter, and while QMK Toolbox claimed the flash was done without errors, it turned out it wasn't flashing at all, and while I was seeing the HID profile built into the default Pro Micro firmware, HID listen didn't see anything. Nothing worked of course.  I had to download avrdude separately and flash with that.

I can't recall what I used to flash the ADB version. Maybe Arduino IDE, because I used to flash Soarer's with Arduino IDE (I forgot how, it's been years
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline Wingklip

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 06 June 2024, 01:24:42 »
Pullup is a 1K measuring 0.995k, I have added another resistor in series each but it doesn't make any difference 🤔

5576 Plate Spring by Ricoh, not exactly sure which 002 or 001

I've been testing on a normal keyboard.

There is no HID-Listen output at all, it's not even finding the device 0.0

Apologies if this is a stupid suggestion, but did you use the same software to flash the PS/2 firmware as you did the ADB?  I only ask because I recently assembled a Soarer converter, and while QMK Toolbox claimed the flash was done without errors, it turned out it wasn't flashing at all, and while I was seeing the HID profile built into the default Pro Micro firmware, HID listen didn't see anything. Nothing worked of course.  I had to download avrdude separately and flash with that.

Which parameters did you use for AVR dude btw?
I can't get the damn thing working at all. I have AVRdudess 2.17 open rn, and have a USB C pro micro as well as a micro USB pro micro also.

Offline Wingklip

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 11 June 2024, 02:57:19 »
308383-0OK!

Update and great news, I found out that the clock and data pins were actually inverted on the round pinout to the PCB mount pinout on the PS/2 port, so it was trying to send DATA to CLOCK and CLOCK to DATA the entire time.
That aside, I did manage to get it working and flashed properly with Arduino IDE finding the COM port with blinkies or whatnot, then flashing the bootloadered port. The 2k pullups seem to be working fine, with my little quad bumblebee setup going strong.

It only took me about a week to figure it all out, but it finally works. Sparkfun's signed driver is hidden somewhere in their github bin folder while I have to set the IDE to "Sparkfun Pro Micro" and likewise the driver thereof. Then, using the verbose readout on the arguments in Arduino IDE's printout area, I copied the entire code for flashing the hex file for blinkies or whatever it was.

The selections in Arduino IDE are Sparkfun pro micro (you need to download the package from the IDE package menu or something) then you also need the sparkfun driver from their official github because the IDE version drivers are outdated.
Then select COM X {Whatever your com port is that pro micro comes up on via the default first program or the reset pin period of 8 seconds}
Then select ATMEGA32U4 5v 16MHz (what I used)
Select ARDUINO AS ISP (ATMEGA32U4)
Finally I dropped it out for the name of the file to be flashed, and it all just copy paste flashes so long as you enter the right com port.
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17\bin

This was where AVRdude is located when you install Arduino IDE, so it flashes from here without a hitch if you can start a CMD prompt in the address bar.

"C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/bin/avrdude" "-CC:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf" -v -V -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -PCOM4 -b57600 -D "-Uflash:w:C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17\bin\HASUprebIBM.hex:i"

This is the command I parse through command prompt to flash it. Once the reset pin to ground is shorted, press enter on your keyboard, and it will flash successfully.

Cheers all! @Hasu this might help the other pro micro povo scrublords out here to concisely find out how to flash these little buggers.

The keyboards work flawlessly, even the usually non functional alps white taiwanese board I have works fine on this protocol! I've tried it on all the PS/2 ports I could in my office, but only your converter works with it!
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 June 2024, 03:05:58 by Wingklip »