Author Topic: [GB] GMK Birch - R1 samples approved  (Read 16095 times)

Offline Eoen

Re: [GB] GMK Birch - R1 samples in hand
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 12:32:07 »
That was quick! Fingers crossed that they nailed it on the first try.

Offline break

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 19:08:40 »
That was quick! Fingers crossed that they nailed it on the first try.

Well have I got news for you!

I am thrilled to announce that GMK took only one pass to nail down the color samples for GMK Birch. These samples have been approved as of a week ago.

After spending some time with these samples, then working with Nebulant to evaluate L\*a\*b\* values, I am extremely confident you all will be happy with their effort to match my chosen RALs. The colors also look _awesome_ in person, if I do say so myself. You can see here:

(Album here: https://imgur.com/a/sgGEOAp)

Some comments on the samples and pictures

- Nebulant noted that this is one of the four closest Round 1 color matches GMK has provided on a keyset he has consulted on. The other three are, in my opinion, _very_ lovely sets.

- In the linked Imgur album, both photos were taken outdoors with overcast natural lighting on a Sony a6000. The lens is Sonyís fixed 35mm lens, f/2.0 at ISO 400. The first picture is slightly tweaked for exposure and color balance, the second picture is RAW out of the camera. Please open the link on a computer - do not rely on an image preview.

- GMK samples sit atop of the corresponding RAL color swatches. The photos may look different depending on your monitor or device, but the ABS samples match the RAL samples _very_ closely. Please refer back to the published RAL colors with any questions.

I canít _wait_ to get this set into your hands, and am immensely grateful you all are on this fun little journey with me. ❤️ 🪑

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 19:27:48 »
Congrats break, those pictures look lovely and I'm very excited I was able to join this GB. So great to hear that colors have been approved.

Offline Nuap

Re: [GB] GMK Birch - R1 samples approved
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 23:54:20 »
Congratulations, it's refreshing to see a first round colour sample go so smoothly these days.

I guess now the set has it's spot in GMK's queue, so the real waiting begins.