Author Topic: GMK Uniqey keyboards  (Read 1635501 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: GMK Uniqey keyboards
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:48:20 »
It could all be false.

+1

Also, I'm really interested to see where this goes.   :thumb:

Given what I'm not posting about this, so am I.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:49:41 »
It could all be false.

+1

Either spill the beans or don't.

:triangle:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 22:22:14 »
A whole bunch of color options for keyset color are looking to be confirmed. I won't say what colors, but they're ones that have been popular previously.  This is all subject to change, as apparently there's a "special system" for how you choose the colors of your board...

Full alu construction confirmed. Plate too.

Don't know if it comes in ANSI or not, but a few versions of ISO are confirmed, German and UK english are confirmed 100%, French, Portuguese, and Italian are a maybe but are looking like something that they'll do

Also, I retract my PBT comment from earlier, but won't say any more.

Here's hoping for ANSI!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 22:23:58 »
A whole bunch of color options for keyset color are looking to be confirmed. I won't say what colors, but they're ones that have been popular previously.  This is all subject to change, as apparently there's a "special system" for how you choose the colors of your board...

Don't know if it comes in ANSI or not, but a few versions of ISO are confirmed, German and UK english are confirmed 100%, French, Portuguese, and Italian are a maybe but are looking like something that they'll do

Here's hoping for ANSI!

Agreed...if it's not ANSI, I'm much less likely to purchase.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 22:40:39 »
Agreed. Not offering ANSI would be a pretty big mistake on their part, here's hoping they have some sense.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 22:53:47 »
Just triangle all over my ****ing face and make a video, or say that this is explicit content not fit for GH.
Really sick of this propaganda in a nerd "community".

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:47:03 »
finally some eurolove >_<

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:52:51 »
Just triangle all over my ****ing face and make a video, or say that this is explicit content not fit for GH.

Easy champ. I'm guessing he's been told by the source not to make the information public which is fair enough.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 01:08:32 »

Easy champ. I'm guessing he's been told by the source not to make the information public which is fair enough.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 02:15:21 »
It could all be false.

+1

Don't forget the wood accents and the new ergo clear switches.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 02:55:12 »
what is a triangle?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 03:24:40 »
and how is it pertinent again? (sorry I'm slow)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 03:27:55 »
and how is it pertinent again? (sorry I'm slow)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

Just go with it :p

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 03:32:18 »
must be some sort of reddit or 4chan meme that I will never get. I'll live with it :P

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 03:40:01 »
must be some sort of reddit or 4chan meme that I will never get. I'll live with it :P
What if Matt3o is one , and is only getting confused because it's :square: rather than :triangle: or we were right since the beggining and he's trying to confuse us .

We're getting close boys.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 04:18:10 »
Take all my money and things and deliver me these goods.
I got boards.

Offline Cherry1990

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 06:04:54 »
GMK can't do PBT
Bad news... :(
No PBT, no party! :cool:
ABS if for kids, PBT for men! :p
PBT forever!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 06:29:35 »
GMK can't do PBT
Have you tried GMK Doubleshots ABS? It's truly terrific. :D
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 06:38:49 »
GMK can't do PBT
Meh.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 06:42:25 »

If you want people to stop trolling you with :triangle:, maybe you should start citing sources instead spouting out rumors. And yes, until you cite sources or say "hey, GMK guy told me this", it is just a rumor.

This.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 07:15:10 »
Quote from: gmk-electronic-design.de
several labeling techniques: 2 shot molding (MX), pad printing and laser marking (MX und ML)
The Chinese (Vortex) make PBT double shot keycaps. Hope Germans can make a product with a quality not lower... :D

GMK can't do PBT

that's not something incriminating

they don't have the tooling, BSP does.

i really wish you'd stop using that every time you see something mildly incriminating

BSP make pbt caps - I don't believe they have cherry "tooling" for it - if they did, they wouldn't have bonkers caps like the right shift, and dodgy stems that plague their products. None of these things exist in OG cherry dyesub.

Just saying...
I got boards.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 07:36:46 »
several labeling techniques: 2 shot molding (MX), pad printing and laser marking (MX und ML)
The Chinese (Vortex) make PBT double shot keycaps. Hope Germans can make a product with a quality not lower... :D

GMK can't do PBT

i really wish you'd stop using that every time you see something mildly incriminating

BSP make pbt caps - I don't believe they have cherry "tooling" for it - if they did, they wouldn't have bonkers caps like the right shift, and dodgy stems that plague their products. None of these things exist in OG cherry dyesub.

Just saying...
Plus no scoops, and they don't do spacebars either ;(

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 07:54:58 »

GMK can't do PBT

Just saying...
Seriously I don't understand how they can offer a full set and not organise something for the spacebars. So stupid considering the price.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 08:09:46 »

GMK can't do PBT

Just saying...
Seriously I don't understand how they can offer a full set and not organise something for the spacebars. So stupid considering the price.
It really does stink, they're so close to being perfect. Their PBT material feels fantastic, I just wish they could fix some of their molds(like that wonky right shift) and do something about the crooked stems. Imsto was kind enough to provide a GMK spacebar in his latest GB.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 08:23:00 »

I don't get it either.  All I know is it's annoying.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 08:23:42 »
BSP works for Cherry, but as far as I understand only for ML profile. They have some MX which are really nice but I don't think it's their core business.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 08:24:34 »
PBT is whatever. Get out of here with Cult of PBT talk. ABS is just as good or better.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 08:36:51 »
BSP works for Cherry, but as far as I understand only for ML profile. They have some MX which are really nice but I don't think it's their core business.
That's kind of why I figured they haven't really tried to fix some of the issues, making caps for the enthusiast market is probably only a fraction of their business.

Offline dante

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:07:48 »
PBT is whatever. Get out of here with Cult of PBT talk. ABS is just as good or better.

POM is the best. :D

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:10:09 »
plutonium 239 or nothing!

Offline blackbox

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:16:14 »
no comments on the bluetooth logo?

:)

here is a comment: looks like the one depicted is a bluetooth keyboard that can switch between 3 difrent connected devices.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:30:12 »
The hype is real, can't wait for it to come out. Whatever it is. I need it. Now.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:39:43 »
I'm so hyped I'll probably wind up with a pad printed set regardless of what happens with the doubleshots. That blue on white set on the home page looks especially awesome.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 10:21:10 »

Agree. I love my PBT DSA but my thick Cherry double shots are sublime.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 10:39:43 »
Cherry double shots are sublime.

I find this humorous, since dye sublimation is named from things subliming.  (though it doesn't actually sublime - it just diffuses)

Offline Yslen

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 10:46:51 »
I thought it was sublimation because it skips the liquid phase?

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 10:50:27 »
Cherry double shots are sublime.

I find this humorous, since dye sublimation is named from things subliming.  (though it doesn't actually sublime - it just diffuses)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 11:07:32 »
I thought it was sublimation because it skips the liquid phase?

That's the reason for the name, but it's not how the process actually works.  It was named before it was fully understood.  It actually just diffuses.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 11:08:38 »
btw the picture says "double shot" (at least this is my understanding from a rough google translate)

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 12:59:09 »
I was talking about sublime as in philosophy, like the quality of greatness. I'm sure Hoff knew that but wanted to clear it up for anyone else.
I was NOT refering to dye sublimation for key caps, which as Hoff pointed out, is actually dye-diffusion [according to a single resouce wiki] and should not be confused with dye-sublimation used for textiles.

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 13:13:01 »

here is a comment: looks like the one depicted is a bluetooth keyboard that can switch between 3 difrent connected devices.

My take on this: Fn-F1 is for the USB connection to a desktop or laptop computer. Fn-F2 to Fn-F4 are for the Bluetooth connections.

It looks like this will be a USB keyboard that adds the ability to connect to up to 3 additional devices by Bluetooth.

This mean it is Bluetooth capable, but it does not imply that it has a battery: maybe it can do Bluetooth only when it's connected to a computer or a charger.

I hope it has a battery. That would be awesome - if the layout doesn't suck.

Offline Data

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 14:34:10 »
I just realized the name is pronounced "Uni-Key".  I kept saying "unique-y" in my head like a big dumb idiot.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 14:35:16 »
I was talking about sublime as in philosophy, like the quality of greatness. I'm sure Hoff knew that but wanted to clear it up for anyone else.
I was NOT refering to dye sublimation for key caps, which as Hoff pointed out, is actually dye-diffusion [according to a single resouce wiki] and should not be confused with dye-sublimation used for textiles.

Yeah, in case it wasn't clear, I was just making a play on words, nothing more.  :P 

And regarding the sublimation wiki, yes apparently there is only one source on that, but I was recounting that information from a previous job I had where we made dye-sub paper.  My knowledge and experience in that area is fairly minimal, so you have been disclaimed.

Offline JackMills

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 14:41:38 »

My take on this: Fn-F1 is for the USB connection to a desktop or laptop computer. Fn-F2 to Fn-F4 are for the Bluetooth connections.

It looks like this will be a USB keyboard that adds the ability to connect to up to 3 additional devices by Bluetooth.

This mean it is Bluetooth capable, but it does not imply that it has a battery: maybe it can do Bluetooth only when it's connected to a computer or a charger.

If I can read the banner correctly on that picture pasph provided earlier than it would support up to 4 devices, this combined with the Fn F2 to Fn F4 symbols would equal you being correct on your assumptions.

Considering how massive that keyboard looks, I would guess there is plenty of room for a battery and they were smart enough to put one in there. They would need a battery anyway to power the bluetooth, so why not make it power the keyboard as well.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 15:21:30 »
I just realized the name is pronounced "Uni-Key".  I kept saying "unique-y" in my head like a big dumb idiot.

I did that too. It's a weird way to spell a word.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 15:45:47 »

I did that too. It's a weird way to spell a word.

I think it's intentional.  Unique+keyboard = Uniqey

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 19:15:56 »

If I can read the banner correctly on that picture pasph provided earlier than it would support up to 4 devices, this combined with the Fn F2 to Fn F4 symbols would equal you being correct on your assumptions.

Considering how massive that keyboard looks, I would guess there is plenty of room for a battery and they were smart enough to put one in there. They would need a battery anyway to power the bluetooth, so why not make it power the keyboard as well.

Why do you assume they are smart? :)

It wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer would cheap out on an important feature...

I still hope it has a massive battery inside. Fingers crossed...

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 23:03:34 »
Didn't notice at first they have a TKL in that pic. Pretty cool. Case is pretty big looking but stoked to see them coming out with something. Might be my first ISO board if thats all they make.

Offline JackMills

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 02:43:51 »
More

Why do you assume they are smart? :)

It wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer would cheap out on an important feature...

I still hope it has a massive battery inside. Fingers crossed...

Well, I hope GMK has some smart persons working for them and I hope they put at least one of them in the keyboard development team.
I hope they didn't cheap out on such a feature, but if they did, you would have plenty of space to mod the keyboard  ;)