Author Topic: Rowdy's Sticky of common answers to save people the time of searching the forum  (Read 108762 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 January 2018, 23:36:05 by ghostjuggernaut »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
I just like the idea of "Rowdy's sticky of" anything. I mean, it's a phrase you never hear, usually.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Belfong

How about key caps storage? Or artisan keys storage?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
On first glance I read it as: "Rowdy's sick of common answers .... "

and assumed that it was going to be a list of FAQ-type stuff that keeps popping up with annoying frequency.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
interested to see what you put in here, looks like it'll be good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Belfong

The nice thing about Tapatalk is that it shows you a preview of links that Rowdy put above.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
The place to go for various modifications and workbench projects is:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69582.msg1668640#msg1668640
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Is this different from Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)?

nobody's gonna read through 350+ pages of thread
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator

I created this is a way for rowdy to just link one topic with links to common questions, instead of him having to search for similar threads.

Offline fanpeople

So sticky

Offline pr0ximity

such links
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.

nobody's gonna read through 350+ pages of thread

Fair enough :)

I created this is a way for rowdy to just link one topic with links to common questions, instead of him having to search for similar threads.

Makes sense, thanks.

The place to go for various modifications and workbench projects is:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69582.msg1668640#msg1668640

« Last Edit: Wed, 03 January 2018, 13:42:02 by HoffmanMyster »

Thanks, Hoff-bro!
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 January 2018, 08:09:32 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
On first glance I read it as: "Rowdy's sick of common answers .... " and assumed that it was going to be a list of FAQ-type stuff that keeps popping up with annoying frequency.

LOL
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Thanks for the support, guys :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[Just checking in to see if Rowdy's still sticky]

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Thanks for the support, guys :))

Good on ya, mate! Just one friendly suggestion: When going walkabout, if you can avoid the copious amounts of spilled Foster's Lager (proper pronunciation: fast as lagga) famously found around Oz, you may very well end up less sticky.

Keycap/artisan storage...

Indeed, if only someone would store away those key-cap artisans, they wouldn't pester us so much about dressing up our keebs with their anti-ergonomic little $100 monster faces and dragons and tooth fairies and stuff.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
[Just checking in to see if Rowdy's still sticky]

Still sticky, especially considering the weather is warming up and becoming more humid.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Are there silent clicky switches?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am

Sure—we keep 'em over by the linear tactile ones.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Only if you are hearing-impaired.

Offline fanpeople

Only if you are hearing-impaired.

silently gifted.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
when will Kirkle be unbanned
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
when will Kirkle be unbanned

still waiting
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
thanks man good work
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline JeanTurner

• How to get rid of gyno
interested to see how to get rid of gyno what you put in here, looks like it'll be good
What is interesting in it please buddy give a little bit explanation so that we all new comers come to know that how it is very meaningful
and interesting ..?
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 September 2023, 05:55:32 by JeanTurner »

Offline JeanTurner

• How to get rid of gyno
I just like the idea of "Rowdy's sticky of" anything. I mean, it's a phrase you never hear, usually.
Is this answer similar to the previous post?

Offline MichaelCarroll

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am

I've noticed that you hear it more and more often now, actually.

Offline StevePhipps

• where to buy phenq in australia

The kids have to stop and make groups that contain this number of people. ... It is good for about 20 minutes, which is usually enough time to let everyone.

Offline anawilliam850

How about key caps storage? Or artisan keys storage?