Author Topic: Topre Accessories  (Read 8680 times)

Offline suntorytime

Topre Accessories
« on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 19:10:24 »
Hi Bruce/Keyboard Co,

Wanting to know if it's possible for you guys to get Topre keys such as ones found on the Finnish site . Enquired with them but shipping to Oz isn't possible and thought maybe you guys could land them in.

Thanks, ST.

Offline guilleguillaume

Topre Accessories
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 19:36:14 »
I think Sixty showed on Deskthority new full sets of Topre Keycaps. Maybe he can get them too.

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
Topre Accessories
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 14:46:40 »
Hi Suntorytime
I'll see what they say at Topre.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
Topre Accessories
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 June 2011, 08:44:21 »
Bruce,

Any news regarding Torpe keycaps? This guys verkkokauppa have some green sets. I would like to have some for my HHKB Pro 2. Unfortunately some of the keycaps will not fit in my HHKB Pro 2 (Enter keycap)
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline Chobopants

Topre Accessories
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 03 June 2011, 00:37:07 »
I would pay $50 or more for a set of Topre keys. I can't ****ing use my keyboard because of the grey on black dye-subbed bull****. They should be called "Otaku unless in full sunlight." Yes, I touch type but I need to see the keys when I play SC for fast key recognition.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline Bucky

Topre Accessories
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 03 June 2011, 01:36:16 »
Thats too bad, aesthetically I think the grey on black looks pretty badass.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Topre Accessories
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 03 June 2011, 06:06:18 »
I still don't get why people complain about it after buying it.

Offline Jago

Topre Accessories
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 03 June 2011, 07:06:33 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;355122
Same. I touchtype so I don't really care all that much about the font. But IMO, the dark on dark looks cool, because it makes the keycaps look almost blank. However, if I have someone over who doesn't/can't touchtype, they don't have to be completely lost as they would be with truly blank keycaps.
Topre Realforce 88UB all-45g (home)
Filco Majestouch brown (work)

Offline RiGS

Topre Accessories
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 03 June 2011, 07:12:23 »
Quote from: Chobopants;355083
I would pay $50 or more for a set of Topre keys. I can't ****ing use my keyboard because of the grey on black dye-subbed bull****. They should be called "Otaku unless in full sunlight." Yes, I touch type but I need to see the keys when I play SC for fast key recognition.

I thought you use mx blue for SC2.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline redpill

Topre Accessories
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 03 June 2011, 12:54:46 »
My wife complains about the Topre keycaps also.  I rather like them myself.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline Mazora

Topre Accessories
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 03 June 2011, 12:59:44 »
how could you wife have anything to do about what keyboard you use :P

my fiance prefers the original majestouch V-2 to my dye sub...
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline redpill

Topre Accessories
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 03 June 2011, 16:59:06 »
Quote from: ripster;355249
Screw your wife.

I did, second kid is on the way!

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline Zhuni

Topre Accessories
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 05:23:48 »
I would like to see Keyboardco stock the basic topre caps as well. I.e red esc, lavender WASD etc.
[sigpic] [/sigpic]
KBC Poker

Offline Chobopants

Topre Accessories
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 16:13:48 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;355122

I love using the keyboard for general typing/FPS games. For StarCraft I absolutely need to be able to see the keys at a glance for quick hand alignment. The issue is that I mouse left handed so my right hand is on the left side of the keyboard. Because of this my natural touch typing skills don't come into play and I need a few visual queues sometimes to place my hand on the board.

Quote from: RiGS
I thought you use mx blue for SC2.

I've toyed with all my switches and have settled on my browns for SC2. I never played SC2 seriously with my RealForce but the fact that it's not an option bothers me. If the Leopold Japan group buy happens though I'll have light blue keys and this problem goes away.

Quote from: Jago
Same. I touchtype so I don't really care all that much about the font. But IMO, the dark on dark looks cool, because it makes the keycaps look almost blank. However, if I have someone over who doesn't/can't touchtype, they don't have to be completely lost as they would be with truly blank keycaps.

As I mentioned above I put my right hand in an unnatural place when I play StarCraft so my natural touch typing abilities don't come into play. I can type with the best of them (120-140avg depending on what I'm typing) but StarCraft is just special case. I only glance at the keyboard maybe 10-20 times a match but when I do it is absolutely critical that it is for the briefest period of time.

I agree that the default keys are beautiful and, if I don't like the blue keys that I'm getting, I'll just keep them on anyway. I was just disappointed that unless I'm in full sunlight or have lamps right over the board I can't see the legends at all.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline Zhuni

Topre Accessories
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 13 July 2011, 13:22:10 »
So Bruce are you getting any caps with your latest Topre order that's on its way?
[sigpic] [/sigpic]
KBC Poker

Offline Bruce

Topre Accessories
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 15:39:02 »
Gulp.
No.
Sorry.
It came to a point that the keys were holding back the keyboards so I decided to go ahead and get the keyboards shipped on the basis caps are easy enough for a small shipment.
They need to make a batch and there is some head scratching as to what colours they want to go with. I told them what I want already.
I sense it may run on for a few weeks yet.

Offline Zhuni

Topre Accessories
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 17 July 2011, 08:28:47 »
Oh that's fine. I'll sit tight and grab them from you. What colour WASD did you want from them?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2011, 02:27:00 by Zhuni »
[sigpic] [/sigpic]
KBC Poker

Offline SadButTrue

Topre Accessories
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 12:10:17 »
Any update on this? Are there any plans to have UK keycaps made in the next few months? If not, I'll have to get an ANSI set from elsewhere. An ISO set of yellow keys would be awesome tho and I'm prepared to wait.
Keyboards: Compaq 89u, Noppoo Choc Mini
Mice: KinzuAdder, DeathAdder, Zowie EC1, Logitech G5, Logitech G400, Zowie Mico, Puretrak Valor, Gigabyte M6900, Roccat Pyra

Offline Bruce

Topre Accessories
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 14:57:12 »
Hi Guys
I'm still struggling with wasd sets from Topre. A full, coloured set in anything other than ANSI is unlikely for a long time. Sorry.

Offline SadButTrue

Topre Accessories
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 15:05:35 »
Ah well, cheers for the update.
Keyboards: Compaq 89u, Noppoo Choc Mini
Mice: KinzuAdder, DeathAdder, Zowie EC1, Logitech G5, Logitech G400, Zowie Mico, Puretrak Valor, Gigabyte M6900, Roccat Pyra