Author Topic: [GB] ⭐️ KAT Space Dust ⭐️[Status: Production done - awaiting shipping] ⭐️  (Read 285493 times)

Offline LumiP

Re: [GB] ⭐️ KAT Space Dust ⭐️24th May to 25th June ⭐️
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 12 October 2023, 00:02:12 »
So....if this ever gets finished, I still have the same question :), how do I update my address since I have moved since purchasing this GB.

Someone mentioned contacting the vendor but TBH I forgot who it even was....this was my first ever GB lol and I never expected it to still be on going  :-\

NVM, it's boardsource. So do I just email them about this GB from 2 years ago? lol

Yep! Include your order number and they should be able to get things together for you.
More
Current Boards: Aaru TKL Old Dark Sand, Drop + Planck Purple, Mr Suit WKL Black w/Gold Chamfers, Sangeo60 Black, KBD67Lite White, D45 E-Grey, Wind X Pink, NCR 80 Beige, EVO70 Black, White; QK65 Dark Green, Av4 Claymore, TGR x Monokei Tomo Suave Blue, Heracles80 Holy White, Snake60 Rust, Array E-White, Capsule E-White, QK75 E-White

Offline kaleid

• in a world of magnets and miracles...
    • Ma socials
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 19 October 2023, 16:57:01 »
Sooo for the time being, it's in production, right? And as far as I was able to lookup, Keygem is still in good standing (unlike Mechs&Co), right?
RIP my KAM 80s After Dark set (ordered from Mechs&Co...)

Online Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 19 October 2023, 17:48:06 »
Sooo for the time being, it's in production, right? And as far as I was able to lookup, Keygem is still in good standing (unlike Mechs&Co), right?

Yeah they are in production, keygem does seem fine from what I'm aware, also found out I have the worst memory lol I won't remember but if I do I will show the production images, If not there on the GB runners discord.
fjell | hhkb bt

Online Rhienfo

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 09:31:35 »
Ok I remembered... 6 days later lol

Not the images I was talking about but new images came up on the discord like 3 hours ago.

Some kits are still in production, while others are getting QC'd. At least I'm getting the set, even if I kinda don't want it anymore. Shame the run took so long, oh well.

fjell | hhkb bt

Offline arock0627

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 10 November 2023, 16:07:05 »
I all but gave up on getting these.

To be honest my layout tastes have shifted and I don't think I even have the right keycaps for my southpaw 96% anymore in this order.

2.5 years made this my first and absolute last group buy.

Offline Ravenhar

• Merely an observer
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 10 November 2023, 16:46:58 »
2.5 years made this my first and absolute last group buy.

I'm in the same boat here. Need to email keygem about my new address but I won't be going near another GB after this. A shame really.

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 24 November 2023, 09:34:30 »
Hi,
Sorry for lack of updates in this GB thread (it's only been minor updates in the discord).
In summary: Production is ongoing, and the manufacturer estimate remains to be 30 December for when all kits are made and packed ready for shipping to vendors (thus expect a Q1 2024 delivery).

Here's some photos from the manufacturer's discord:

---
Please note the above estimate date remains the same despite a recent delay in packing of kits, as first batch of packaging boxes were of poor quality (so they were returned to the factory for redoing).

---
There were some adjustments to novelty spacebars as follows which were mentioned in the discord:
> Solar System spacebar:

Outcome:

> Striped gradient spacebar:

Outcome:

On the minibar, there's unfortunately no space to shift the stripes further right, so the angle of the diagonal on the most far left on front face will be a bit straighter than intended, however it's not too bad from an upper view:

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 25 November 2023, 20:51:28 »
Oh they look really good! Can’t wait to get them in a year or so lol

Online Rhienfo

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 25 November 2023, 21:07:30 »
Hi,
Sorry for lack of updates in this GB thread (it's only been minor updates in the discord).
In summary: Production is ongoing, and the manufacturer estimate remains to be 30 December for when all kits are made and packed ready for shipping to vendors (thus expect a Q1 2024 delivery).

Thanks for the update, hopefully it comes Q1 2024.
fjell | hhkb bt

Online Rhienfo

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 08 December 2023, 18:24:54 »
New update, vendors will receive the sets soon, probably best time to update addresses if you need to.

fjell | hhkb bt

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 09 December 2023, 03:46:56 »
New update, vendors will receive the sets soon, probably best time to update addresses if you need to.

Finally!

(Which Discord server was that message posted on?)
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Online Rhienfo

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 09 December 2023, 05:13:50 »
Finally!

(Which Discord server was that message posted on?)

The runners discord, I'll link it here as well.

https://discord.gg/Pmd4m8mA5M
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 13 December 2023, 17:11:42 »
Keyreative: "this month"
Translation: hopefully Q1 next year

I would take anything they say with a grain of salt until the status is "actually shipped", not "will ship soon".

Online Rhienfo

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 13 December 2023, 20:43:51 »
Keyreative: "this month"
Translation: hopefully Q1 next year

I would take anything they say with a grain of salt until the status is "actually shipped", not "will ship soon".

I got an email from the vendor I got it from saying that it is scheduled to ship January, so I think it is actually shipping now. Either way I think it's nearing the end of this long, looooong gb.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline mlacabrera

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 22 December 2023, 01:43:49 »
I just got the deskmat, hopefully the keycaps follow soon.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 05 January 2024, 03:50:06 »
Hi,
Just an update that all the kits have been manufactured and packaged at the end of December.
They're just awaiting shipping to vendors at this stage, so I won't have any further updates on ETAs given the variabilities in shipping times, but presumably late Q1 or early Q2?
Remember to contact your regional vendors to update your address if it's changed.

Pics of keycaps:

Offline sevenseacat

Holy **** they look incredible

Offline Bobatype

Slight delay in shipping as per manu:
"I spoke with the production manager to understand the reason for this delay: during the last spot check, it was discovered that the R1-1U directional keys had the wrong color. The quality inspectors thought the color was a bit too red, so they asked the production department to remake these keycaps. They need to unpack and replace the problematic keycaps. The production manager has promised me that all rework will be completed by January 11"
[image ref: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1093335855143321640/1193020240372715570/71a280dbbd357834dc8bbf2cb5ba15f.png]

Offline Rumblethumps

Given the long journey this GB has been, I honestly wouldn't mind getting caps with the wrong color match if it meant no more delays. But still, you guys' commitment to send out a perfect product is always impressive and much appreciated.

Offline Bobatype

Aberrant keys were corrected.
Production is now officially complete 🎉
Shipping has commenced (some have departed the factory, some are awaiting lorry pick-up)

Contact your vendor to update your address for the order if it's changed.

Once again we appreciate everyone's incredible amount of patience with this production, and apologetic that we couldn't find an avenue to accelerate it further. Never did we expect estimated timelines to be so delayed.
Now we just have to endure the last agonising stretch of waiting!
Album of the keycaps produced if you can't be bothered browsing the rest of this thread or the discord server: https://imgur.com/a/ueTgQii

Offline nathanchere

The production shots look great, even the striped space bars which I was expecting to be odd. Fingers crossed for uneventful shipping...

Offline salgiza

The spacebar accents in particular look amazing in the photos. I didn't order them during the GB, and I think the extras of that particular kit are going to fly as soon as they are available.

Offline Bobatype

Here's some nice photos by @theknottypanda for those waiting:

Here's 2 more by @keyreative_keycaps

Sorry to hear about the shipping delays for certain regions. Some of it was due to communication delays in shipping quotes.
Do keep an eye out for extras when they do get listed.

Please note that if the kit (mainly the alphas) is meant to have a spacebar, sometimes it's not in the tray itself, but in a separate bag taped outside of it. So double check your packaging if you can't find it. This has happened to other KAT/KAM sets.

Offline nathanchere

Has anyone else noticed missing keys from their sets or just me? I just started finally putting mine on a board and already found a key missing from the first row:

Offline Synergist

Looks like it's in your picture on the bottom right, just upside down.

Offline nathanchere

No, different key. I counted, it's definitely missing a key.
I also just counted the Area 51 kit, it's also missing a cap, but it's going to be a f**king nightmare to work out which one with this set.

Offline nathanchere

And the space bars kit is missing 2.75u, this is ridiculous

Offline nathanchere

OK I counted again, it's 53 keys. I mis-counted by 1, Area 51 kit is OK. And the Galileo kit was OK. But both space bars and alienese kits are definitely missing keys. So I would encourage everyone to double-check their sets. It's a pain in the arse with the weird symbols but 2 out of 4 sets missing keys is pretty poor QC.

Spacebar kit contents:

Offline nathanchere

the response from Keygem:

Hello,

we will try to get replacements from the manufacturer but so far he does not reply.

Kind Regards

..which suggests they're already trying to follow up for other issues. The space bars I can see being a one-off mistake but the Alienese trays I expect would apply to everyone who purchased them since the provided trays are 1u too small to fit all the keys. I double-checked but it's definitely not included in any of the other set trays.

Offline norb

Has anyone else noticed missing keys from their sets or just me?

not saying it's just you but i got one of those. iirc one key was in a small zip bag somewhere, if i am not confusing it right now. been a few weeks.

Offline sevenseacat

Oh they look really good! Can’t wait to get them in a year or so lol

whoa I got a shipping notification today wooooooooooooo

(ordered from DailyClack)

Online Rhienfo

Just received my set (sorry for the bad photos It's late at night and the light isn't very good here)

I know I said that I was gonna sell this but now that I've used kat I actually find it quite comfortable so I'll probably keep it. Glad that the set arrived anyway, better late (Extremely late lol) than never I guess.

Has anyone else noticed missing keys from their sets or just me? I just started finally putting mine on a board and already found a key missing from the first row:

I checked my set since I also got the alienese set and when my set came, that specific key was in a separate bag as norb said so it could be that the vendor forgot to send the bag with your set.

The spacebar kit also had all the keys in it as well, I will check the other kits just in case they messed it up. Hope you get all the lost keys replaced.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Rumblethumps

Got the email about the most recent delay from Boardsource. I'm not blaming anyone running the GB on this one as it was out of anyone's control, but it's almost like divine intervention.

Well, the wait continues...

Offline gorbachev

June 2nd 2024: 3 years since order date.

I will celebrate!

Offline nathanchere

I checked my set since I also got the alienese set and when my set came, that specific key was in a separate bag as norb said so it could be that the vendor forgot to send the bag with your set.

[img width=200 height=300]https://i.imgur.com/IPbe7IV.jpg[/img

I only got one separate zip bag, it was with the metal artisan. Maybe that caused packing confusion? Doesn't explain the key missing from spacebar kit. No update  from keygem yet since first said waiting on manufacturer reply.