Author Topic: Cherry MX Blue's - changed over time??  (Read 899 times)

Offline gasongasoff

Cherry MX Blue's - changed over time??
« on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 13:35:18 »
Does anyone know if the Cherry MX Blue's have changed design/manufacturing over the past year or so?
Reason I ask is that I replaced a 2-year old Filco Majestouch 2 (mx blue) with an identical model, and the keys feel different. Compared to my first one, the keys require more force to "get past" the 1st click, and they lag a bit getting past the 2nd (return) click. I also noticed differences between the original Daskeyboard (mx blue), bought when they first came out, with a newly purchased Daskeyboard (same model).

Is it possible that Filco (and daskeyboard) changed some components, like the keycaps or the mounting, that could account for this difference? I have both keyboards in front of me, and the difference is very noticeable.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Offline tbc

Re: Cherry MX Blue's - changed over time??
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 13:54:21 »
most likely,  the bump on the stem has worn down.

used smaller bump on old board = less force.  unused bigger bump on new board = more force.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Veridis

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 04:06:00 »
Wow looks like I'm not the only person, also started a thread about it a while ago, lol.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63906.0
Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Brown) | CM Rapid-i (MX Brown) | Realforce 87u 45g Uniform | CM Novatouch | Ducky Zero TKL (MX Brown) | Das Keyboard III (MX Blue)

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 04:11:54 »
i heard blues on das more crispy
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"