Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1944614 times)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
[GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 09:04:30 »
GB Order Page

GB Ended! Now to production!

The final look and feel will be close to this. 3D render of a poker-like keyboard with Icon modifiers.

And with Text modifiers, red WASD and RGB mods.

Final pricelist

green = MOQ reached

Spread the word
If you like this set and want to help spreading the word, follow these instructions http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56354.msg1277510#msg1277510 and add a link to this page to your signature!

Please read carefully the whole post!

The full set is in PBT material (arguably the best for keycaps) including the spacebar. Legend are dye sublimated.

Keycaps thickness is very good. Look at this picture, the blue key is PBT.

SP did a really fine job with the PBT spacebar. It's definitely one of the less bent I've seen so far.

6.25u spacebar (the standard one) is included in the "Common kit", but you may want to grab an additional one. If you need 7u spacebar you have to grab it separately (it is not included in any other set). We do not have an universal spacebar.

The keycaps profile is DSA.

It's a low spherical top profile. The height of the keys is approx the same as DCS Row 3, but it's thicker. All keys are on the same row meaning that you can put any key in any position making it ideal for custom keyboards and less common layouts (colemak, qzerty, ...).

Color is pure gray. The base color codes are GKK + GDE.

ISO Enter is in DCS profile. SP doesn't have ISO Enter in DSA, but the DCS one works pretty well. Here is the DCS ISO Enter close to DSA keys.

Number of keys and their size are final, but legend color, positioning and thickness may change a bit. Also the Nerdom kit may see some different legends!

Order Form
The Group Buy is handled directly by Signature Plastics (the keycaps manufacturer), this should grant an overall better buying experience and better pricing. The system is still relatively new, if you encounter any problem please contact SP directly!

GB Order Page

How and when my money is taken from Paypal account?
Funds on Paypal are placed "on hold" for the maximum value of all the kits you ordered but they are not actually taken from the account.

When the Group Buy ends only the real, final value is billed.

No thread-crapping

If you don't like the DSA profile, this whole set or SP ordering system please refrain from thread crapping. Simply don't buy! You may discuss any of those arguments elsewhere on this very same forum. Thanks.

What kits do I need?

Unless you plan on taking a blank/otaku set the bare minimum you need is the Common Kit

All modifiers are available in TEXT and ICON variants. Choose your fragrance and grab one (or both) of the Icon or the Text modifier kits.

You now covered a Tenkeyless keyboard (such the Filco Majestouch).

If you have a full standard keyboard, take the numpad too.

Highly recommended kits!

To make your purchase future proof (and to raise the value in case of resell) remember to also take the Icon or Text Pro Modifier kits

They will cover less common layouts (1.50u modifiers, KBT Pure, etc...) and they include keys to swap Caps lock with control or FN. I highly suggest to grab one Pro kit!

Remember to get a 7u spacebar if you have 1.50u modifiers. I'd also take an additional 6.25u, just in case...

Being the keyboard pure gray a bit of color may help break the boredom. The Blue Enter is a nice little addition to the mix.

Nice to have

Let's try to reach high tier on the Nerdom kit, 18 Novelty keys to feed the nerd in you.

If you want to add even more color I suggest the RGB kits

And for gamers the WASD kit

Let's go multi-lingual

Granite set supports 11 languages!

First of all get an ISO Enter. The 1.25u shift is included in the base modifier kit, the Alt Gr (if you need it) is in the Pro kit.

Then pick the kit which includes your lingo.

Ergodox

The Granite set is one of the few with a full legended Ergodox kit. The full Ergodox experience is: Common Kit + Text modifiers + Ergodoxian (and eventually add 1 half-ergodox kit for some blanks).

It should include approx 70% of your keys, all that you miss can be covered by the Half-Ergodox Kit.

If you only want blanks on your Ergodox remember to grab two of these!

More madness

More keys if you hadn't enough. Remember the Apple kit if you are a Mac user and the Extra Homing to cover less common keyboard layouts! The extra homing also includes a homing arrow key extremely useful in case of 65% and 75% layouts!

Blanks

Last but not least, for all the otakus out there, here come the blanks!

Don't forget the keypuller

You can now also add a keypuller to your order. Both wired and plastic keypullers are available but if you need it I strongly suggest to get the wire one!

Good hunting!

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask!

GB Order Page
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 April 2014, 15:19:23 by Matt3o »

Offline skuko

Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 10:22:51 »
cannot wait man!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:23:49 »
Will there be additional keys for people using Colemak and Dvorak? If so, I'm totally in! :thumb:

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:27:25 »
Ouh man can't wait for the pricing :cool:

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:28:06 »
Sorry if I missed in the other thread, but can you show the thickness of these caps?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:28:22 »
Will there be additional keys for people using Colemak and Dvorak? If so, I'm totally in! :thumb:
I recall seeing extra scooped keys for the other formats  :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:30:00 »

All the keys have the same profile, then you can move any key around, and there will be a set with extra homing keys. Just check if they fit your preferred layout.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:34:11 »

All the keys have the same profile, then you can move any key around, and there will be a set with extra homing keys. Just check if they fit your preferred layout.
Awesome, but what about things like additional backspaces to replace caps lock on colemak?

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:34:33 »
Sorry if I missed in the other thread, but can you show the thickness of these caps?

Are keycaps thick?
Pretty much yes. Actually the same thickness of ABS DSA. The blue spacer below is PBT

More

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55314.960

Offline intelli78

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:42:45 »
Looks good, thanks.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:44:16 »
This is one great looking set. matt3o has really outdone himself on this one.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:46:24 »

Awesome, but what about things like additional backspaces to replace caps lock on colemak?

You may use one of the alternate 1.75u keys in the icon pro set.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:47:49 »
You may use one of the alternate 1.75u keys in the icon pro set.
I can live with that. ;D

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:48:37 »
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:13:37 »
SP does windowed keys now?!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:25:45 »
This is one great looking set. matt3o has really outdone himself on this one.

I've been following the IC - the amount of work he has put into this is unbelievable.

But it has all paid off! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:48:30 »
I'm reading that DSA caps are quite tight on the stems.

Anyone has any input on this? As long as I don't break my stems I'm alright I guess

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 17:20:13 »
My paypal account is locked and loaded.

Let's go let's go let's go!
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:16:45 »
I'm reading that DSA caps are quite tight on the stems.

Anyone has any input on this? As long as I don't break my stems I'm alright I guess

Item 22 in SP FAQ: http://www.keycapsdirect.com/faq.php#22

This has been addressed by SP: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54334.msg1270259#msg1270259
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:35:29 »
I'm really into Topre and would like to minimize MX stuff but I can't resist the pull of this color and that it is PBT! Oh man!!

Thanks for pulling this together matt3o - I've been following in IC thread as well and appreciate the community input to make this happens.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:39:17 »
I'm really into Topre and would like to minimize MX stuff but I can't resist the pull of this color and that it is PBT! Oh man!!

Thanks for pulling this together matt3o - I've been following in IC thread as well and appreciate the community input to make this happens.

Topre??, LOL, just joking, MX is all the fun bro...

Offline Belfong

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:51:17 »
I KNOW! Ha ha.. So I'm just buying and putting them on displays. Lol.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:45:16 »

Just wait for the Topre sliders that are compatible with MX keycaps!  Best of both worlds.

Offline bianco

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:49:01 »
interested! looking forward to a numpad kit to go along with it.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 03:53:17 »
I would like to thank the community for the ergodoxian option.

Like, really thank.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 03:54:25 »
hhkb option?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 04:00:53 »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 04:34:45 »
I've added the list of all kits (you better maximize your browser window) and cleaned up the thread a little

Offline bianco

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 04:42:58 »
I've added the list of all kits (you better maximize your browser window) and cleaned up the thread a little

another wonderful set Matt3o.  :thumb:

Offline skuko

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 04:54:05 »
placeholder for my order:
Common Kit
Text Modifiers
Text RGB
WASD
Blue Enter
6.25u spacebar
Lost+Found

this is gonna be WICKEEEEEEEED
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 March 2014, 04:56:48 by skuko »

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:02:58 »
Here's mine:
Common
Text Mods
Icon Mods
Text Pro
Icon Pro
Text RGB
Icon RGB
Blue Enter
Numpad

Offline skuko

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:28:52 »
nice one....personally, i ain't too hot on the icons, even though they're very well thought out. maybe i'll add them - depends on the pricing.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:40:24 »
I simply haven't seen anything like them, so I have to get them.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:46:16 »
I really wonder how much this set will end up costing. Hopefully I can afford it... would be nice to try DSA.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:50:30 by epzy »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:55:22 »
I really wonder how much this set will end up costing. Hopefully I can afford it... would be nice to try DSA.

A TKL should go around $60

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 06:22:40 »

A TKL should go around $60

Not bad, not bad. :) Will probably need some extra kits though!
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline mougrim

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 06:58:21 »
Cool! Nice-looking kit AND with russian/ukrainian variant. Hmmm... I'll be waiting for this. I know I will.

P.S. Hope shipping to Ukraine won't cost an arm and an leg :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:22:40 »
Updated first post. Now just waiting for SP green-light.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:41:11 »

I have some question about first post - if I want russian layout, i need to buy common kit + cyrillic kit? Jr there are some other variants?
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:47:40 »

I have some question about first post - if I want russian layout, i need to buy common kit + cyrillic kit? Jr there are some other variants?

yes, you need the common kit anyway. Common + cyrillic + text or icon mods. What do you mean by "other variants"?

Offline mougrim

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:57:01 »

yes, you need the common kit anyway. Common + cyrillic + text or icon mods. What do you mean by "other variants"?

Like if common kit will be in cyrillic variant - so I could just order it. But, as I see, it's not an option.

You see, I wait for my Poker II and looking for keyset for it beforehand.

Offline justnits

| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Belfong

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:08:55 »
Where are the mods sets?

Offline justnits

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:10:25 »
eh...seems like not all the kits are in yet?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:11:02 »
Please wait!

I'll let you know when everything will be up and running

Offline mougrim

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:13:08 »
I humbly asking fellow GH-ers, what combination I need to cover my Poker II? Basic kit + modifiers?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:14:21 »
I humbly asking fellow GH-ers, what combination I need to cover my Poker II? Basic kit + modifiers?

Ya, but if your Poker 2 has a ISO layout you'll need the ISO kit as well.

Offline justnits

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:17:08 »
Please wait!

:thumb:
but the price for the kits shown now is final right?
| | | |

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:18:38 »
Please wait!

:thumb:
but the price for the kits shown now is final right?

so it seems