Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)  (Read 192028 times)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
[GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 19:58:24 »

ENJOYPBT KURO / SHIRO

This is the GB update thread for Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro. For queries on availability, please contact KBDfans directly.
News that I receive will be later than KBDfans's QQ group and discord server so you may want to join those channels as well.

The latest from KBDfans as of 05/11/2019 is that EPBT have started shipping the keycaps to KBDfans. KBDfans have been slow to provide updates because they are in the middle of moving their warehouse.

RAMA black PVD brass with enamel infill keycaps:

RAMA e-white aluminium with black enamel infill keycaps:

PHOTOS

Click below to see more photos
More

KITS

Essentials kit

Click below to see the rest of the kits
More

Standard mod kit

Japanese mod kit

Spacebar kit

Numberpad

40% Ortho kit

International kit

SAMPLES

Click below to see the rest of the samples
More

Essentials kit

Japanese mod kit

Standard mod kit

International kit

Ortho kit

Numberpad kit

« Last Edit: Mon, 23 November 2020, 14:23:57 by gok101 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 20:03:50 »
Approval :thumb:

Please note that this GB is closed, and this thread is solely for updates to be communicated to buyers.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 20:06:55 »
Here are the newest colour samples:

Below are photos from KBDfans showing the latest reversed dyesubbed samples.
Left is kuro/shiro, right is from an ABS set. They have managed to get it very black.

More samples:

I've given the greenlight for the normal dyesubbed keys so they are manufacturing those now but I'm not happy with the reversed dyesubbed keys.
When I received the first batch of samples, they were more of a very very dark navy.  Since then, they've tried reversed dyesubbing onto the WS1 base, L9 and the white from Black on White to see what base cap would yield the best black.
L9 makes the legends look tan and Black on White had the best tone of black but the legends don't match well enough.
Right now, I'm getting them to use the WS1 base and light the link a smidgen by adding some red/brown tone into it to offset the blue.

Click below to see the old samples
More

2nd sample is on the left and the newest is on the right. As state previously, it is more obvious in person and even more so on an overcast day.
I'm happy with this latest colour and will post photos of the dyesubbed samples next week.

Repost from IC thread.

Here are pics of the latest samples.

Taken on a camera phone under natural light. The colour is a bit more saturated than in person but is a little more colour accurate than the DSLR.

Taken on a camera phone under artificial light. The warmth gets compounded.

Latest sample

First sample

Back in March, I had sent colour swatches for EPBT to colour match to and the samples arrived in April. I told KBDfans that it was too red and that to get a better idea of the hue, you need to look at the back of the keycaps rather than the top.
They agreed and asked if they could approve the next round of samples. I obliged because I thought it would be a simple task since they just needed to make a colour halfway between the first and second samples (brightness similar to the second sample but in a more neutral hue like the first sample) and I thought we were on the same page and also they knew from the beginning what my aims were.

This was my mistake and the third sample which got the green light by KBDfans went into production. I received the samples this week and I noticed that they looked really warm so I compared them to the colour samples that I received in April and found that they were virtually the same so I alerted KBDfans who put a stop on the production in order for us to re-confirm the colour again.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this causes but I believe that getting a better product is worth the extra delays.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 August 2019, 23:54:16 by gok101 »

Offline dk4one

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:03:55 »
I regret so, so much not getting the Jap mods...

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:08:12 »
Looks great! Can’t wait for it!
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:09:47 »
Man without Japanese mods this is just epbt bow Japanese!!

Also, thanks mod for fixing the ic/gb thread deal. Will be looking forward to more updates here!
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:22:43 by ThePanduuh »
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:19:49 »
Repost from IC thread.

Show Image

Taken on a camera phone under natural light. The colour is a bit more saturated than in person but is a little more colour accurate than the DSLR.
Show Image

Show Image

Latest sample
Show Image

First sample
Show Image

Back in March, I had sent colour swatches for EPBT to colour match to and the samples arrived in April. I told KBDfans that it was too red and that to get a better idea of the hue, you need to look at the back of the keycaps rather than the top.
They agreed and asked if they could approve the next round of samples. I obliged because I thought it would be a simple task since they just needed to make a colour halfway between the first and second samples (brightness similar to the second sample but in a more neutral hue like the first sample) and I thought we were on the same page and also they knew from the beginning what my aims were.

This was my mistake and the third sample which got the green light by KBDfans went into production. I received the samples this week and I noticed that they looked really warm so I compared them to the colour samples that I received in April and found that they were virtually the same so I alerted KBDfans who put a stop on the production in order for us to re-confirm the colour again.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this causes but I believe that getting a better product is worth the extra delays.
Thats unfortunate news about the colors being wrong. I agree, it's better to get it right rather than rushing it and delivering a substandard product.

Offline fractl

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:21:47 »
Thanks for making the effort to let us know what been happening.  I have a keyboard waiting for this keyset, so I'm obviously somewhat disappointed about the delays, but I'd rather wait the extra time and have the color corrected properly.  One of the reasons I bought the keyset was the fact that the white was not a warm white, so I would have been even more disappointed if I'd gotten it and the color was too warm.  Things happen.  Thanks, at least, for making sure that we get what we're expecting.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:43:04 »
Definitely feel like KBDFans dropped the ball with this one. I'm okay with delays if it means an improved product though. Like Oblotzky said in the DMG GB page, "A delayed set is eventually good, a rushed set is forever bad".
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:52:38 »
Totally fine with delays if we can expect a superior product!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 22:25:10 »
looking forward to this!  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 01:44:57 »
Man without Japanese mods this is just epbt bow Japanese!!

Also, thanks mod for fixing the ic/gb thread deal. Will be looking forward to more updates here!

Not really, BoW is too cool white while the original japanese set was too creamy beige. Epbt kuro shiro is a great take on a neutral white and it's good gok is readjusting them.

That said, I got the regular icon mods. I suspect most peoppe got the japanese mods for the novelty factor but it makes everything look clustered imo, the simple mods balance out the hiragana.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 04:34:03 »
One reason why I bought into this set instead of just getting the in-stock JP one is that I'm bored of EnjoyPBT's beige already. More waiting sucks, but better than the alternative.

And heck, depending on how many kits have been manufactured, KBDfans can still sell those warmer Kuro/Shiro as B Stock or something. Judging from the responses on Discord, there are some who would love that.

Offline dk4one

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 11:41:19 »
If anyone wants to pass over the slot please let me know! Happy to pay some extra. Seriously regret...

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 11:50:18 »
And heck, depending on how many kits have been manufactured, KBDfans can still sell those warmer Kuro/Shiro as B Stock or something. Judging from the responses on Discord, there are some who would love that.
I also thought this is a good idea at first, but then I figured it will lead to having wrong Kuro/Shiro sets on the market without clear marking of the revision, which can't be good since they are barely different to the untrained eye but different enough 🤔

Offline kontradictions

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 12:03:41 »
One reason why I bought into this set instead of just getting the in-stock JP one is that I'm bored of EnjoyPBT's beige already. More waiting sucks, but better than the alternative.

Forreals. I'm down to buy a B Stock set. I kinda like the warmer color.

Also interested in taking over anyone's GB if they've lost interest. *wink wink*  ;)

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 12:32:23 »
So do we have a new estimated timeline? 

Offline dk4one

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 14:38:24 »

Forreals. I'm down to buy a B Stock set. I kinda like the warmer color.

Also interested in taking over anyone's GB if they've lost interest. *wink wink*  ;)
As much as I love that idea of a B-stock set happening, I don't think that would be a good call. The cons of having two versions of a keyset floating the market outweighs its pros.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 14:41:31 »
OK with delay, rather have great caps as they were intended instead of something second-grade made in a rush.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 17:05:38 »
You must be kidding me...
More wait?!
I was so happy to get this soon.

Sight

EDIT: Just read that the delay will be between 45 to 60 days... WTF >:@
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 July 2019, 17:09:25 by justsomerandomusername »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 17:37:17 »
More wait?!

Sight

If you are happy with the colour of the latest sample, kbdfans might be able to send you that version if you contact them.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 21:52:18 »
Thank you mr. gok for the update. JP mods are very lovely!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 23:17:45 »
I'm gonna need to change my shipping address since I'll be in a new location by then

Offline aleck

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 23:31:56 »
More wait?!

Sight

If you are happy with the colour of the latest sample, kbdfans might be able to send you that version if you contact them.
That's actually pretty good

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 01:45:19 »
Repost from IC thread.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Latest sample
Show Image

First sample
Show Image

Personally I would MUCH prefer the warmer white they're doing now, but you're the designer so ultimately it's up to you, of course.

Do you think you could maybe run a poll to decide whether to keep the current warmer white and maintain ETA or to delay it for the colder white? The colder white just reminds me of cheap chinese white PBT sets.

EDIT: KBDfans just replied to my email saying it is NOT possible to have the current production warmer (WS1) sets shipped to those interested unless they finish the whole production. So there will be no b-stock, no ordering warmer sets unless the designer approves them to be the final version, which personally I would be all up for.

« Last Edit: Sun, 14 July 2019, 02:23:03 by bardomudo »

Offline poolside

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 05:29:57 »
Damn, I totally missed this group buy. How much was the base set?

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 05:55:09 »
I’m glad that KBDfans is willing to re-manufacture the set according to the original specs. Switching to another color now would only open this up for further arguments down the line.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 06:44:31 »
Repost from IC thread.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Latest sample
Show Image

First sample
Show Image

Personally I would MUCH prefer the warmer white they're doing now, but you're the designer so ultimately it's up to you, of course.

Do you think you could maybe run a poll to decide whether to keep the current warmer white and maintain ETA or to delay it for the colder white? The colder white just reminds me of cheap chinese white PBT sets.

EDIT: KBDfans just replied to my email saying it is NOT possible to have the current production warmer (WS1) sets shipped to those interested unless they finish the whole production. So there will be no b-stock, no ordering warmer sets unless the designer approves them to be the final version, which personally I would be all up for.

Show Image

One thing that I should clarify regarding your post is that the current sample does not match WS1 and I'd be very happy if it did. I'd describe the sample as peachy rather than creamy which I think is too warm.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 09:28:51 »
Unfortunatelly not possible to order sets now before reproduction starts.... now i really hope for extras.  A shame i missed this

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 13:04:33 »
Is there any chance to have this set finished to be open for public purchase? Seems a ton of people missed this and would buy the warmer set. Maybe to recoup costs? Would love either set base plus Japanese mods.

Offline Zoro_Senpaii

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 13:29:25 »
I am excited to see the next samples. If the next samples are not up to our standards do you think you will re-do it again? lol I hope this doesn't happen

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 13:43:06 »
Repost from IC thread.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Latest sample
Show Image

First sample
Show Image

Show Image

One thing that I should clarify regarding your post is that the current sample does not match WS1 and I'd be very happy if it did. I'd describe the sample as peachy rather than creamy which I think is too warm.

Ah, in this case, my bad. I thought you were trying to make the set in WS2 which I personally think is way, way too cold. If you're going for WS1 and what they delivered something even warmer still (peachy as you said), then indeed I'm now at your side and I think they need to re-do them. It was hard to compare their samples with the correct WS1 cap in the pictures.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 14:03:44 »
WS2 is GMK BoW hue if I'm not mistaken. Like I said, that's the cool white I'm not interested in and definitely think WS1 looks better than cream or cool white.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 14:51:28 »
WS2 is GMK BoW hue if I'm not mistaken. Like I said, that's the cool white I'm not interested in and definitely think WS1 looks better than cream or cool white.
Do you mean EPBT BoW? Bow is different still and has more red tone in it which makes it more purplish rather than blue.
GMK minimal and metaverse alphas are WS1.

Offline Clo_0lD

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 17:35:21 »

$54 for the base and $43 for Jap mods

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 06:59:06 »
I think people should read out loud what they’re typing.
I have made the mistake myself.
But icymi “jap” is not a good abbreviation for Japanese as it has negative connotations.
Just something to think about when you’re typing Japanese out and stop halfway.
Shout out to Starson for pointing it out to me.
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline nguyenhimself

[GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 09:10:20 »
I think people should read out loud what they’re typing.
I have made the mistake myself.
But icymi “jap” is not a good abbreviation for Japanese as it has negative connotations.
Just something to think about when you’re typing Japanese out and stop halfway.
Shout out to Starson for pointing it out to me.
Not everyone here is American and thus has to carry your historical burdens. Chill, man.

Offline poolside

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 04:35:30 »

$54 for the base and $43 for Jap mods

Thank you :thumb:

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 11:37:07 »
Jap mod and rama cap available atm at kbdfans

€dit: if someone could please cancle numpad and space bars ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 July 2019, 12:18:15 by Hell-es »

Offline zekth

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 13:05:58 »
Hoping for a R2  :eek:

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 14:29:27 »
Epbt have received my GMK WS1 sample.
I've asked the to provide more than one colour matching option because I'm more skeptical about their colour matching ability now (at least with whites).

Another thing I'm working on is a Shiro aluminium Rama keycap in white ecoat and black infill. I've been holding out on doing this because I was wary of the durability of ecoat on keycaps but Rama has had no issues with the jamon ones.
Something to note is that ecoat will be a more neutral or cooler white than the keycaps.

Offline rondg

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 14:33:04 »
Another thing I'm working on is a Shiro aluminium Rama keycap in white ecoat and black infill. I've been holding out on doing this because I was wary of the durability of ecoat on keycaps but Rama has had no issues with the jamon ones.
Something to note is that ecoat will be a more neutral or cooler white than the keycaps.

Will there be another GB for the RAMA keycap?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 14:42:10 »

Will there be another GB for the RAMA keycap?
Yes, just for the Rama cap though.

Offline rondg

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 18:11:19 »

Nice. Thanks!

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 05:30:51 »

awesome

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 14:58:32 »
Yo Gok, do you mind telling me how long you expect that it will take for KBD to colour match your sample and begin production? When I estimated the shipment time to be around early September, I presumed that this process would take at least 15 days from when the mismatch was caught.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 01:09:13 »
I've asked the to provide more than one colour matching option because I'm more skeptical about their colour matching ability now (at least with whites).

Just to clarify are you trying to make it exactly like WS1?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 02:15:24 »

Just to clarify are you trying to make it exactly like WS1?
As close to or better (unlikely). WS1 is the yard stick.
My aim from the beginning was a white that is slightly warm without being overly creamy. EPBT had trouble matching to the flat paint samples so I've had to send in a GMK swatch.

I've talked to KBDfans and they've said that they have finished making a colour sample but haven't confirmed whether they did what I've asked which is to provide more than one colour to choose from.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 12:31:08 »
Looking for base set and japanese mods :)

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 12:42:15 »
Any updated ETA on when this set will ship?