Author Topic: Elitekeyboards Back in Black...and Otaku Blue  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Keylamity

Elitekeyboards Back in Black...and Otaku Blue
« on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:05:50 »
Are we pleased?

'Course, it would be good to actually have the items in stock before listing but I'm curious about blacks, and reds even, which I've not tried.  And clears.  And maybe some Alps and.....

Offline redpill

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:09:30 »
It's a nice addition, wish they would get white ones though.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline HaiiYaa

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:21:00 »
Quote from: voltrons*lips;370060
The more I hear about reds the less I like them.  That said, it wouldn't hurt to have the option to buy them on a limited prepaid basis whenever they restock.

what have you heard about them?

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:34:59 »
It's very close to browns. Try it and you might like it. Unless you don't like cloud of b00bs.
Keyboardless

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:35:24 »
black switches are my fav
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Keylamity

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:42:36 »
Quote from: noodles256;370079
black switches are my fav

Ok, add another 10 words or less starting with "I like blacks more than browns because..."

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:48:59 »
Quote from: Keylamity;370090
Ok, add another 10 words or less starting with "I like blacks more than browns because..."

Ok, add another 10 words or less starting with "I like blacks more than [strike]browns[/strike] Topre because..."
Keyboardless

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:56:06 »
I find the reds on my Poker seem to feel stiffer than the browns on my Leopold, ever so slightly. But thats sort of an apples to oranges comparison since they are entirely different boards. Both needed the same amount of force to activation (11 nickles).

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 13:57:26 »
Quote from: voltrons*lips;370073
That they are lighter than browns; and my personal preference is something no less lighter than brown.

Some charts show them almost equal - again, I'd rather not have anything lighter than browns with the privilege of paying more $$$ for it.

I've also heard some cases where peoples typing went to hell because they are too light.

I think there is a certain mindset that something is better because it's more expensive and/or rare.

I love the **** out of my reds for my daily driver at work. I type super quickly on them and I'm never fatigued at all. They're the (almost) the exact same force curve as the brown, just no bump in the middle.

Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline rodya

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 14:17:13 »
Quote from: redpill;370055

Yes, although even Leopold Japan doesn't carry the white ones.  Has anyone asked EK about the whites?

Offline rodya

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 14:18:08 »
Quote from: redpill;370055

Yes!  Although even Leopold Japan doesn't carry the white ones.  Has anyone asked EK about the whites?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 14:26:41 »
Quote from: lysol;370100
I find the reds on my Poker seem to feel stiffer than the browns on my Leopold, ever so slightly. But thats sort of an apples to oranges comparison since they are entirely different boards. Both needed the same amount of force to activation (11 nickles).

Guaranteed it's because of the plate in the Leo

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 14:27:59 »
Quote from: rodya;370120
Yes!  Although even Leopold Japan doesn't carry the white ones.  Has anyone asked EK about the whites?

A few people have but Bruce has said its tough to get the White for some reason. I'd trade my Filco Black Tenkeyless for a White Leo Black fullsize.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 15:00:18 »
Stingy Koreans hoarding all of the white Leopolds... GIVE!

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 16:23:56 »
No emails necessary...

FYI #1, we order stuff several months out most of the time and there are no special runs or orders, but we do take email inquiries into consideration even though we don't have time to answer them all.

FYI #2, Cherry has a switch backlog of about 4 months right now. Lots of companies who wanted reds couldn't get them for the longest time, but it appears they're becoming more available now, so you'll see a lot more reds in the near future.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 29 June 2011, 17:07:08 »
Quote from: elitekeyboards;370223
No emails necessary...

FYI #1, we order stuff several months out most of the time and there are no special runs or orders, but we do take email inquiries into consideration even though we don't have time to answer them all.

FYI #2, Cherry has a switch backlog of about 4 months right now. Lots of companies who wanted reds couldn't get them for the longest time, but it appears they're becoming more available now, so you'll see a lot more reds in the near future.

Hell yes. <3 me some reds. Hopefully with production ramping up, the price of boards with Reds will drop.