Author Topic: So, kinda unhappy with my Noppoo Choc Mini I got in the mail 30min ago...  (Read 1445 times)

Offline BiNiaRiS

Spent a lot of time debating whether I wanted the KBC poker or the Choc Mini and ended up with the latter. It came down to 2 things I chose the Choc Mini. The F keys and the dark lasered printing.

I contacted the seller before I purchased because I had seem some newer pics of Choc Minis with a much much brighter printing method. I like the dark almost ninja caps...I'm a fan on blank keys. What I got is nothing like that. The keys stand out. Also, all the reviews I read stated that you barely if at all could feel the lasered letters. These keys almost seem like they are pad printed. They are very raised and you don't even have to try to feel the lettering. I attached a pic.

I even had a conversation with the seller before I ordered. I wanted to make sure the keyboard I was getting was exactly what was shown on the listing and he assured me it was. It is obviously a newer revision of the board. The Scroll Lock, Num Lock, and Switch Lock have been reversed as well with the colored writing on the side and not the top.

Take a look at these reviews and compare the keycaps:
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:14962
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:13825
http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/902905-review-noppoo-choc-mini-mechanical-keyboad.html

I haven't contacted the seller yet, but I paid $20 shipping from "China" when it actually shipped USPS from California, and if I wanna return it, I'll probably be out that $20 + the $10 to ship it back.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 July 2011, 17:24:26 by BiNiaRiS »
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline Arcanius

• Buckling Spring Lover
So, kinda unhappy with my Noppoo Choc Mini I got in the mail 30min ago...
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 July 2011, 17:29:28 »
Ummm... reading any reviews will tell you that Noppoo printing is a bit inconsistent. We had people on here post that the new revisions have brighter printing, swapped Lock keys, and that these newer revisions have been shipping since February, I believe. I understand your frustration, but really, you can't expect too much from sellers.
Also, the lettering will get duller and the texture will go away over time. Just type on it, or better yet, game. Gaming seems to put more friction on the keys than just typing.

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 July 2011, 17:35:01 »
Quote from: Arcanius;372134
Ummm... reading any reviews will tell you that Noppoo printing is a bit inconsistent. We had people on here post that the new revisions have brighter printing, swapped Lock keys, and that these newer revisions have been shipping since February, I believe. I understand your frustration, but really, you can't expect too much from sellers.
Also, the lettering will get duller and the texture will go away over time. Just type on it, or better yet, game. Gaming seems to put more friction on the keys than just typing.

Ive sold a lot on eBay over the years. I don't think it is unreasonable that a seller should know that the pictures he has listed are NOT of said product. I never would have purchased this had I know the keys were like this.

As gaming is just going to wear out certain keys anyways.

Are these new keys even lasered?
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline Arcanius

• Buckling Spring Lover
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 July 2011, 17:46:08 »
Sellers know it's the same keyboard. They don't all know about revisions and all that jazz.

Yeah, that's true too about the certain keys... Don't know what to tell you.
They're lasered, especially if you can feel the lettering. That's usually the biggest sign of laser+infill.
Worst case scenario, sell it. :P Putting it on classifieds will likely get you a sale mighty quick.

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 06:14:28 »
i like the caps. i have the darker ones. i would be happy to trade, but mine are used and i live in germany. i only use the bottom row because all my doubleshot sets did not fit the bottom row.
pm me if you want to trade.