Author Topic: [GB] Noxary X60 V1  (Read 459928 times)

Offline pace8500

Re: [GB] X60 (HHKB/WKL/60)
« Reply #850 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 06:09:00 »
Would the ANSI only plate allow for:

Split right shift
Stepped caps lock
1.5/1/1.5/7/1.5/1/1.5 bottom row

If so then that is definitely what i would prefer.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #851 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 06:13:44 »
The only thing that will change would be the ISO/ANSI enter cluster. It is simply ineffective to have lots of different plates for the large range of possibilities with the layouts.

I know these screenshots are for X75, but here is the difference. Please only pay attention to the enter cluster, these plates haven't been cleaned up yet.

Current

ANSI

ISO

Offline pace8500

« Reply #852 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 06:16:32 »
Cool. Well my vote would be for separate ANSI and ISO plates then as the ANSI only plate is definitely what i am looking for.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #853 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 06:17:05 »
The only thing that will change would be the ISO/ANSI enter cluster. It is simply ineffective to have lots of different plates for the large range of possibilities with the layouts.

I know these screenshots are for X75, but here is the difference. Please only pay attention to the enter cluster, these plates haven't been cleaned up yet.

Show Image

Current

Show Image

ANSI

Show Image

ISO

Would MUCH rather ANSI.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline maximm

« Reply #854 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 06:19:50 »
As an ISO user i vote for Universal plate and ANSI plate

So have a Universal plate and ANSI only plate as an option.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #855 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 07:34:35 »
So much arguing

Can't we all just agree that ISO is useless and ugly?

Offline pace8500

« Reply #856 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 07:46:15 »
So much arguing

Can't we all just agree that ISO is useless and ugly?

I wouldn't call it arguing, people are just saying which plate they are interested in. But yes we can agree on that.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #857 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 07:47:09 »

Cleaned up the plates - this is what the cluster will 99% look like unless I find a fault.

I'm thinking of ANSI and universal over ANSI and ISO.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #858 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 07:51:16 »

I'm thinking of ANSI and universal over ANSI and ISO.

Sold! Let's do it. Two ANSI for me please :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #859 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 11:42:35 »
To clarify where we're up to:
  • Anodizing: I am currently figuring out demand and the price increase if I do offer hard anodizing. I'll extend the time period to switch colors/anodizing when I know what's happening.
  • Plates: Talking to my contact about having 2 plate options, I should know tomorrow morning once I submit the final files.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #860 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 11:45:19 »
My vote is obviously for hard ano black

Any price increase I'm down to pay for as long as I'm given a heads up.  :thumb:

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #861 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 11:50:09 »
Submitted for a spot, damn, looks good.
pls gief bbv2

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #862 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 11:51:32 »
I think I'm somewhere around $650 in the hole for my board, at this point I'm kinda hesitant on price increases.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #863 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 11:53:23 »
Price for you isn't going to increase, only for me which means more risk if I do decide to go through with it which just doesn't make sense, we'll see.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #864 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 12:45:27 »
I'm OK with separate plates, I was planning on HHKB layout anyway.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #865 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 03:19:44 »
I am interested in separate plates
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
[GB] X60 (HHKB/WKL/60)
« Reply #866 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 06:25:10 »
  • Anodizing: I am currently figuring out demand and the price increase if I do offer hard anodizing. I'll extend the time period to switch colors/anodizing when I know what's happening.
  • Plates: Talking to my contact about having 2 plate options, I should know tomorrow morning once I submit the final files.

Really hope hard anodizing is not going to be  canceled for CE, especially because carbon editoners don't have the chance to switch colors.

If a color that I can't select ends up beeing hard anodized I would honestly regret going with carbon.

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #867 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 06:43:36 »

Really hope hard anodizing is not going to be  canceled for CE, especially because carbon editoners don't have the chance to switch colors.

If a color that I can't select ends up beeing hard anodized I would honestly regret going with carbon.

Totally agree with that!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #868 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 07:50:10 »

Totally agree with that!
Agreed as well.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #869 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:03:08 »
Something that was never confirmed can't be cancelled so don't worry about that. I'm on my way home so when I do get home I'll explain how I feel about hard anodizing. Its a tough decision to make for multiple reasons.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #870 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:07:45 »
Something that was never confirmed can't be cancelled so don't worry about that. I'm on my way home so when I do get home I'll explain how I feel about hard anodizing. Its a tough decision to make for multiple reasons.

I'm backing whatever you think is a good idea. I joined without thoughts of hard anodizing and it will not effect my opinion either way.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #871 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:08:48 »
Did you receive the confirmation if what case color should be hard anodized?
I'd like to know this as well
Black will be hard anodized.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #872 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:11:17 »

I'm backing whatever you think is a good idea. I joined without thoughts of hard anodizing and it will not effect my opinion either way.

+1
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #873 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:15:19 »
It was never confirmed for CE...

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #874 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:22:40 »
It was never confirmed for CE...
I believe is was deduced that CE would be hard anod as you said black would be hard anod. As CE buyers only have the option for black, it would make sense to assume CE would be hard anod.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #875 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 09:06:13 »
If I go with hard anodizing, I will have to make it available for both Black and Dark Gray to satisfy the largest majority. I will not be supporting hard anodizing in the future, and this will be a one time thing that I will do only because a few people are making me feel guilty; I don't want to run hard anodizing. It makes things much harder for me overall, and there is absolutely no need. There will always be someone to say it's not fair if I don't offer it to the color they chose.

If I do run it, I'm not willing to run hard anodizing without having examples from the factory as it's harder to do than regular anodizing. This will add about a month onto the whole group buy, it will also take away from the funds I've dedicated to emergencies to pay for said examples. Since the cost for hard anodizing is also higher than regular anodizing, it will eat into funds dedicated to emergencies thus making this riskier. I also might not be satisfied with the hard anodizing, and not chose to run it which will be a waste of time and money.

Thoughts will come and go on how I feel, but I'll dump them here when I think of them.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #876 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 09:16:03 »
If I go with hard anodizing, I will have to make it available for both Black and Dark Gray to satisfy the largest majority. I will not be supporting hard anodizing in the future, and this will be a one time thing that I will do only because a few people are making me feel guilty; I don't want to run hard anodizing. It makes things much harder for me overall, and there is absolutely no need. There will always be someone to say it's not fair if I don't offer it to the color they chose.

If I do run it, I'm not willing to run hard anodizing without having examples from the factory as it's harder to do than regular anodizing. This will add about a month onto the whole group buy, it will also take away from the funds I've dedicated to emergencies to pay for said examples. Since the cost for hard anodizing is also higher than regular anodizing, it will eat into funds dedicated to emergencies thus making this riskier. I also might not be satisfied with the hard anodizing, and not chose to run it which will be a waste of time and money.

Thoughts will come and go on how I feel, but I'll dump them here when I think of them.

On the basis of this i vote to remove hard anodizing as an option. I didn't expect it when i entered into the group buy so i do not really see it as a loss if you decide to remove it as an option now.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #877 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 09:21:21 »

I really don't think the hard anodizing is necessary. From the get go it was not supported. There was recent mention of it but why that is being taken as a confirmation is confusing to me. I think the best option is to keep the group buy on track and how it was originally planned.

On the other hand I'm not opposed to ANSI and universal/ISO plates. I will use universal if that's the only option and I will use ANSI if that becomes an option. Either way it doesn't actually effect me. I made my purchase when there was just a universal plate and that's what I expected. If you support other options that's just a plus, but if it impacts emergency funds or timeline I don't see it as necessary.

Personally I think the amount of time you have put into this project shows your dedication to delivering an amazing product to us. We as the buyers should respect your decisions as final. "The customer is always right" is not always the case. But that's just one man's opinion. Keep up the good work xondat! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 October 2016, 09:23:01 by Fictiouz »

Offline wodan

« Reply #878 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 09:29:08 »
On the basis of this i vote to remove hard anodizing as an option. I didn't expect it when i entered into the group buy so i do not really see it as a loss if you decide to remove it as an option now.
+1

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #879 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 09:47:08 »
There was recent mention of it but why that is being taken as a confirmation is confusing to me.
Did you receive the confirmation if what case color should be hard anodized?
I'd like to know this as well
Black will be hard anodized.

Not entirely sure how Xondat's comment can come across as confusing  :rolleyes:

Xondat,

It was not my intention for my past comments to come across in such a way to guilt trip you into making a decision. My apologies in advance if it was portrayed in such a manner. What I was trying to get across was the following, if hard anodizing is a possibility, I would think it would be available to the flagship board/color over a secondary color option. As the carbon purchasers only have an option for black, it seems odd that a secondary color is receiving a more premium surface treatment.

That being said, I've previously said that hard anodizing is not a deal breaker for me, and it isn't. As others have mentioned, I entered this GB without the expectations of hard anodizing and am completely fine with that. Overall, I think you're doing a fantastic job with this GB and am looking forward to this board quite a bit. You've addressed everyone's concerns in a timely manner while making some improvements to the design along the way. Personally, I wouldn't mind if you just dump the hard anod. option all together.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #880 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 10:43:24 »
I really don't think the hard anodizing is necessary. From the get go it was not supported. There was recent mention of it but why that is being taken as a confirmation is confusing to me. I think the best option is to keep the group buy on track and how it was originally planned.

FYI, it was not just a recent mention. It was mentioned in the early stage of the IC that's why I was confirming it recently.
Yay regular 60%.  By any chance will these be hard anodized?
Working on getting at least one color hard.

I am not against dropping the hard anodized option but having it as an option is good in my opinion. My concern is long term durability that's why I was interested if it is getting supported.I'll leave it to xondat's good judgement for the best of all.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #881 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 17:34:49 »

This might be the new USB hole/port/thing. The inner hole is the current size pushed back 5mm so that most connectors that aren't overly sized can fit and then the outer is 12 by 9mm. This is really tearing me apart because everything always looks worse in CAD without the physical scale, but it shouldn't be too big of a change - of course it's positive.

Just a side note, the holes on the bottom (you can see in the last picture) that are designed for the feet fit perfectly, and each board will come with 4 :-*

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #882 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 17:36:39 »
looks good man
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #883 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 21:52:18 »
For what it's worth, hard anodizing is quite nice. If it's like the hard anodizing I have, it will be more of a matte color than metallic. It is also likely "smoother" in appearance, as the grain of the metal does not show through.

This video has a good example at 1:10

| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #884 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:13:41 »
Okay, ANSI only plates are official. I will support all variations (Black, Dark Gray, Silver, Red, Gold, Stainless Steel, and Carbon Editions).

I need to get the order to the factory confirmed, so all changes to your order can only be made up to 48 hours from now, this includes top pieces, colors, plates.

To change your plate, please message me here with this format:
Code: [Select]
Subject: X60 ANSI CHANGE - ORDER NUMBER
Body: USERNAME, ORDER NUMBER, CURRENT PLATE, ANSI COLOR

Example:
Subject: X60 ANSI CHANGE - 16
Body: xondat, 16, red, ansiRED

You will receive confirmation once this has been changed.

To add a plate, please message me here with this format:
Subject: X60 ANSI ADD - ORDER NUMBER
Body: USERNAME, ORDER NUMBER, ANSI PLATE

Example:
Subject: X60 ANSI ADD - 16
Body: xondat, 16, ansiSS

You will receive an invoice and will only be added once this has been paid, then you will receive confirmation.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:19:35 by xondat »

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #885 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:17:03 »
Is Carbon edition going to be universal?

I remember people discussing if all people into CE would prefer ansi, so it could just be done complete ansi only.

Would prefer ansi but don't really mind either way, just wondering.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #886 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:19:18 »

I remember people discussing if all people into CE would prefer ansi, so it could just be done complete ansi only.

Sorry my bad, you get to chose.

Offline wodan

« Reply #887 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:20:52 »
Damn xondat, you're going full 7bot?  :))

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #888 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:24:04 »

Sorry my bad, you get to chose.

Thx xondat!

Sorry for bothering you, but ansi plates will support split backspace, right?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #889 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:30:19 »

Only difference is the enter cluster.

Offline valro46

« Reply #890 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:53:02 »
Wow, this is very awesome, both the material looks and design...

Do you also made it for 87 and fullsize

I'm not the fans of hhkb layout, that makes me sick when typing... but this is great

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #891 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 07:59:08 »
Wow, this is very awesome, both the material looks and design...

Do you also made it for 87 and fullsize

I'm not the fans of hhkb layout, that makes me sick when typing... but this is great
Thanks. My next board will be X75, and X65 afterwards so there are currently no plans for this style in a 80% or 100% layout.

Offline wodan

« Reply #892 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 08:04:35 »
Would you consider doing a 65+10 layout like this:

That's a favourite layout of mine and would look awesome in the X-line.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #893 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 08:10:00 »
Would you consider doing a 65+10 layout like this:
Show Image

That's a favourite layout of mine and would look awesome in the X-line.
Would I consider? Yes. Would I do it? Probably not. It would require PCB development, I'm trying this for X65 so we'll see how it goes, but I'm personally not keen on that layout.

Offline R4WBIT

« Reply #894 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 08:38:39 »
Calling out to any plate specialists out there. Is there a difference between the aluminum and stainless plates in regards to feeling/sound? Or is it only an aesthetic choice?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #895 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 08:43:21 »
Calling out to any plate specialists out there. Is there a difference between the aluminum and stainless plates in regards to feeling/sound? Or is it only an aesthetic choice?
The flex is the main thing, the SS plate barely, if at all, flexes whereas the aluminum plate is easily flexed.

Offline Butter

« Reply #896 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 09:18:31 »
Do I need to message you anything if I want to keep everything the same with ansi plate?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #897 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 09:30:11 »
Do I need to message you anything if I want to keep everything the same with ansi plate?
Not sure I follow.

If there is a change, I need to know.

Offline Butter

« Reply #898 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 09:32:00 »
Not sure I follow.

If there is a change, I need to know.
I don't need any change. Sorry.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #899 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 10:40:33 »
ANSI plate(s) change requests sent, thanks  :thumb: