Author Topic: Truly Ergonomic Communication - 30 June 2011  (Read 4483 times)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Truly Ergonomic Communication - 30 June 2011
« on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 01:17:31 »
Latest update from TE:

Quote from: Truly Ergonomic

This is an update of our manufacturing phase.

Manufacturing phase
We are pleased to announce that have finalized the required tooling (the moulds) to be used to fabricate all parts of the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard and will be testing samples in a matter of days, making sure they all follow our design specifications. We will go ahead and manufacture your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard afterwards.

DIP Switches
As we mentioned on the May 2011 newsletter, we added DIP switches to simplify changing the most common settings without the need to install any software. They will allow, amongst others, for changing key functionality between those required for different Operating Systems; possible, with the simple flip of a switch.

This as well is to confirm the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard continues to be reprogrammable, in combination with the DIP switches.

In addition, we ensure you will not require installing any additional software to fully use your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard. You will only need additional software if you require reprogramming the keyboard's behaviour.

Delivery Address
We will contact you again in the next few weeks to verify your delivery address information and to provide you with an accurate delivery date.

We thank you again for your patience throughout our manufacturing phase.

Regards,
The Truly Ergonomic team

Offline Deofol

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 10:38:03 »
Something is better than nothing.

Offline Titmouse

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 12:11:31 »
Hmm, with so many keys at unconventional places, I imagine people, at least people from this forum, would try customized layouts to fit their individual needs. So the DIP switches are probably not going to cut it. I wonder if the two spaces can be mapped individually. If the left space can be mapped to an enter key, it would free up one more key in the middle.
"Surprise! We threw away your old ugly keyboard and got you a brand new ergonomic keyboard from Microsoft!"  -- Findecanor

Offline cbf123

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 July 2011, 13:44:49 »
It sounds like it's "reprogrammable" with software drivers.  I'm under Linux so I expect I'll have to use xmodmap/xset to remap keys.
Daily drivers are:
Microsoft Natural (the original, and still going strong)
Microsoft Natural Elite

Offline Titmouse

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 July 2011, 19:12:06 »
Yeah, as long as the two space bars send out different scan codes, you can customize it however you want. Let's hope there's a DIP switch for that.
"Surprise! We threw away your old ugly keyboard and got you a brand new ergonomic keyboard from Microsoft!"  -- Findecanor

Offline PerfectError

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 July 2011, 22:48:06 »
the two spaces can be programmed for something else individually, it said so on the site.

Offline Titmouse

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 10:48:05 »
Oh, ok. Thanks. I must have read and forgotten it.

Offline redpill

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 10:09:43 »
Late July is just around the corner.  Surely they must be boxing up the production units in preparation for shipping, yes?  Please?

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2