Author Topic: 2 Button keyboard for playing OSU!  (Read 21069 times)

Offline zlekrat

2 Button keyboard for playing OSU!
« on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:44:41 »
Hello,
I need help with building 2 button only keyboard. I need step-by-step like I'm 5 years old, because I never built any keyboard yet. I prefer hand-wiring since it's only 2 keys, and it should be cherry red switch. I need full tutorial from things i need to mapping the keys. Thanks in advance.

Offline qwack

Re: 2 Button keyboard for playing OSU!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:49:47 »

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 09:17:43 »

Offline adventurepoop

• I make keyboards, I guess.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 09:34:43 »
Pm me later today and I'll help you, I have a decent amount of experience with this sort of stuff

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:02:49 »
But, if youre only using two keys, how will you draw with smoke, or rage quit, or skip song, or adjust offset, or tab to see scores, or pause?! ;_;

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:04:56 »
But, if youre only using two keys, how will you draw with smoke, or rage quit, or skip song, or adjust offset, or tab to see scores, or pause?! ;_;

Or play osu!mania and Taiko :p

Offline Kayla

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:08:00 »
psh.. thats not real osu.  :blank:

Offline zlekrat

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:14:08 »
I will use normal keyboard for that, I want 2 buttons purely for playing osu.

Offline Kayla

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:21:48 »
Do you just want two specific switches, or?

Offline adventurepoop

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 11:17:19 »
If you already have a mech it's also an option to just resolder 2 switches if you want a specific switch for osu. That's what I did :o

Offline zlekrat

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 11:39:26 »
If you already have a mech it's also an option to just resolder 2 switches if you want a specific switch for osu. That's what I did :o
No, I dont have mech  :( :( :( I have ****ty old keyboard for 20 Bucks that was good for 4 star osu songs. It really feels heavy and I have to push really hard. And my finger hurts after every stream.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"

Offline Kayla

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 13:49:52 »
No, I dont have mech  :( :( :( I have ****ty old keyboard for 20 Bucks that was good for 4 star osu songs. It really feels heavy and I have to push really hard. And my finger hurts after every stream.
You can play 5 star+ songs on any keyboard. Practicing on rubber dome keyboards is actually good practice once you get to play on an mx switch keyboard you will have strong fingers and be able to stream faster. The same goes for practicing on a blue or other switch keyboard then playing with reds. Theyre so light you cant feel them at all and you fly.

Offline adventurepoop

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 14:02:55 »
You can play 5 star+ songs on any keyboard. Practicing on rubber dome keyboards is actually good practice once you get to play on an mx switch keyboard you will have strong fingers and be able to stream faster. The same goes for practicing on a blue or other switch keyboard then playing with reds. Theyre so light you cant feel them at all and you fly.
I pretty much did this, I went from my old rubberdome to blue switch and now im at reds, every switch I made I played better :D

Offline Kayla

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 14:04:42 »
added ~