Poll

Choose your preferred color combo for this set. PLEASE SEE PICTURES BELOW!

Pure Gray
57 (39.9%)
Beige
29 (20.3%)
Charcoal
57 (39.9%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Author Topic: [IC] full PBT (spacebar included), gray or beige set  (Read 145581 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: full PBT (spacebar included), gray or beige set
« Reply #750 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:17:02 »
dunno if i'm excited for this gb to start or excited to know how much i'm gonna spend on this  :-\

You are excited and your wallet is whining...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #751 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:20:22 »
dunno if i'm excited for this gb to start or depressed to know how much i'm gonna spend on this  :-\

FTFY :D :P

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #752 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:32:11 »
dunno if i'm excited for this gb to start or excited to know how much i'm gonna spend on this  :-\

the bottom line: you are excited :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #753 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:33:36 »
SP reps and Matt, please do not forget to check in advance if the loose stems issue reported somewhere else here at GH, has been sorted out of the molds that will be used to produce this set.

Offline wuqe

« Reply #754 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:34:37 »
Group buys are interesting things, because the paying of the money is temporally displaced from the getting of the keys. It's not so much a transaction as three separate events: the excitement of planning, the draining of wallets, and the thrill of receiving at the end.

In short, I am excited, anxious, and excited, in that order. :grin:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #755 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:35:44 »
Group buys are interesting things, because the paying of the money is temporally displaced from the getting of the keys. It's not so much a transaction as three separate events: the excitement of planning, the draining of wallets, and the thrill of receiving at the end.

In short, I am excited, anxious, and excited, in that order. :grin:

Relax, everything is under control, but your nerves... :p

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #756 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:39:00 »
SP reps and Matt, please do not forget to check in advance if the loose stems issue reported somewhere else here at GH, has been sorted out of the molds that will be used to produce this set.

don't know what you are talking about. the stabilizer stems have always been loose, but it's easily fixable.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #757 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:42:51 »

don't know what you are talking about. the stabilizer stems have always been loose, but it's easily fixable.

That is the issue. And how should they be fixed?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #758 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:46:24 »

the best is to put some plumber's tape (teflon) on the stems, but also a small piece of the plastic wrapping you use for food is fine, or even a piece of plastic bag.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #759 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 12:55:00 »

the best is to put some plumber's tape (teflon) on the stems, but also a small piece of the plastic wrapping you use for food is fine, or even a piece of plastic bag.

OK, I will keep my groceries' bags ready.

I was just wondering if the inserts that are producing the moulded cavities for those stems could be grinded, or sanded, or something to reduce the looseness of the final cavity in the keycap. That may get all SP customers happier. After all, that is the entire point of continuos improvement in manufacturing, isn't it?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #760 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 14:03:18 »
I talked with Melissa (from Signature Plastic), they will be fixing some of the issues with the software and I agreed on using their system and benefit of the very nice price tag. So this GB will be using the internal SP system.

I've been in contact with Signature Plastic almost on a daily basis in these last few weeks and let me tell you something: Melissa is one of the nicest person I've ever dealt with, I wish all companies listened to the community's feedback like SP is doing. It is clear to me that they really care about our opinion and they are sincerely sorry about our concerns.

I've also talked with Tyler (the website developer/maintainer) and he is working on the website day and night (literally) and he always listened to my (and your) reports about the website hiccups.

Now, if they scrəw up my wonderful GB I'll be the first in line with the torch and the pitchfork, but so far I'm really happy of what I'm seeing.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #761 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 14:04:37 »
^^ To echo matt's statement above, that Tyler is a nice guy!!  :thumb:

OK, I will keep my groceries' bags ready.

I was just wondering if the inserts that are producing the moulded cavities for those stems could be grinded, or sanded, or something to reduce the looseness of the final cavity in the keycap. That may get all SP customers happier. After all, that is the entire point of continuos improvement in manufacturing, isn't it?

DSA caps are 'tight' on stems by design (there was a batch that were too thick but that tooling was fixed a while ago), I think they are only 'loose' on costar stabilizers inserts. So no reason to change anything.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #762 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 14:48:15 »
Alright, then. Push the button, and get us all into this GB.  :thumb:

Offline squarefrog

• \m/_
    • Ergodox Layout Stats
« Reply #763 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 15:00:47 »
I'll be interested to see how the SP process works. I do like the fact the tiers are clear as day.

Did they say what the lead time is after the deadline? I presume it's about a month, although I guess we might not know until skull squadron is produced.

Finally was it decided which color combinations will be used?

Can't wait to see this start!

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #764 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 16:05:43 »
DSA caps are 'tight' on stems by design (there was a batch that were too thick but that tooling was fixed a while ago), I think they are only 'loose' on costar stabilizers inserts. So no reason to change anything.

They are loose on the bright-white Costar stabilizers I got from WASD... But a great fit on the off-white stabilizers I had kicking round. I wish I knew where the latter came from, no tape required.

[)amien

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #765 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 16:45:04 »
I bought the toxic set + Bro's, Now I have to buy my poker 2 (To have something to even put these keysets on) And this keycap set.

R.I.P Air tree's wallet

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #766 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 16:46:00 »
I bought the toxic set + Bro's, Now I have to buy my poker 2 (To have something to even put these keysets on) And this keycap set.

R.I.P Air tree's wallet

Well the key caps won't be in for a while so you don't need a keyboard yet :P :D

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #767 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 16:47:14 »

R.I.P Air tree's wallet

Well the key caps won't be in for a while so you don't need a keyboard yet :P :D
People don't think I'll ever get a keyboard so I need to prove them wrong so I can get everybody off my back :P

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #768 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 17:05:56 »

R.I.P Air tree's wallet

People don't think I'll ever get a keyboard so I need to prove them wrong so I can get everybody off my back :P

Very true.  Why don't you get a new one with reds from MK.com?  They have them with Blue or Green leds.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #769 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 17:28:33 »

R.I.P Air tree's wallet

Very true.  Why don't you get a new one with reds from MK.com?  They have them with Blue or Green leds.
Qtan just got his stock back, so I should be ordering from him soon in any case.

And I just wanted the stock non led version in any case.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #770 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 17:29:53 »

R.I.P Air tree's wallet

Qtan just got his stock back, so I should be ordering from him soon in any case.

And I just wanted the stock non led version in any case.

Yep,  I don't blame you.  That's why I bought mine from Qtan also :thumb:
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #771 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 17:45:56 »

the darker more saturated one.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #772 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 17:50:07 »

I thought pure gray won the poll?  Or am I confused?

{EDIT}  Ah I see.   Pure Gray & Granite are the same thing.    My mistake.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 March 2014, 04:09:54 by CommonCurt »
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline squarefrog

• \m/_
    • Ergodox Layout Stats
« Reply #773 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 18:26:50 »

{EDIT}  Ah I see.   I thought Pure Gray & Granite were the same thing.    My mistake.
Well I wasn't terribly clear - I didn't realise the two color options were over on Deskthority. So this will be RBH, GKK, GDE, BCT, VAZ. Pretty happy as GDE is my favourite grey.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #774 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 18:43:38 »

{EDIT}  Ah I see.   I thought Pure Gray & Granite were the same thing.    My mistake.
Well I wasn't terribly clear - I didn't realise the two color options were over on Deskthority. So this will be RBH, GKK, GDE, BCT, VAZ. Pretty happy as GDE is my favourite grey.

Okay, that's the colors I was thinking.   Yeah it is going to look sweet.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #775 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 01:20:13 »
Zoidberg has to go, sorry. I'll replace it with something else.

Matt,

I'm not hurt they won't do Zoidberg, but doesn't KeyPop sell a red Zoidberg key that is made by SP?

More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #776 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 02:44:11 »
sorry guys I wasn't clear.

The color will be granite. pure light gray.

I thought you were referring to the other colors (RGB). We had two options there, lighter less saturated, darker more saturated. I got the latter.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #777 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 03:20:59 »
sorry guys I wasn't clear.

The color will be granite. pure light gray.

I thought you were referring to the other colors (RGB). We had two options there, lighter less saturated, darker more saturated. I got the latter.

Yeah, sorry Matt. I forgot if Granite & Pure Gray were the same thing.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #778 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 12:25:38 »
And the GB? Final price tiers? Final mockups?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #779 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 12:27:21 »
I'm working on it restlessly :) GB should start this Monday. I'll post some keyboard config soon.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #780 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 12:31:42 »
I'm working on it restlessly :) GB should start this Monday. I'll post some keyboard config soon.

Awesome Matt, take your time, do not let us to drive you crazy  :))

Offline wuqe

« Reply #781 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 13:46:16 »
Yay! Can't wait! I'm interested to see what the mod kits end up costing.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #782 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 14:30:16 »
text/icon modifiers $24 at 100 tier.

Offline wuqe

« Reply #783 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 14:34:51 »
Thank you! Now, to plan... :eager:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #784 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 21:15:04 »
text/icon modifiers $24 at 100 tier.

I bet demand for the icon mods will be higher, they are so cool and unique that I think most of us will take them instead of regular boring text mods.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #785 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:30:10 »
Not me.  I almost always prefer text.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #786 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:32:16 »
Not me.  I almost always prefer text.

Minorities  :-* .

Just joking  :p , I know some prefer a more conventional style. In my case I'd take a more contemporary and unique appearance anytime.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:34:49 by ideus »

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #787 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:56:37 »
I have to get both.
Man, this is the first set where I've wanted damn-near everything.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline justnits

« Reply #788 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 23:20:51 »
i only like some keys to be icon only, such as tab, padlock icon for caps scroll and num, shift, enter, backspace and of course, the controversial win8 winkeys :D
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #789 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 23:34:17 »
There should be a space icon.
Not in this set, maybe, but you know...

In general.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #790 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 23:36:15 »
The good part here is the set has something for all.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: [IC] full PBT (spacebar included), gray or beige set
« Reply #791 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 23:46:45 »
ARGH!

The Sound my wallet will make once I order from this group buy

Offline tbc

« Reply #792 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 01:45:55 »
I am still sad trademarks kill Dr. Zoidberg :(
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #793 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 01:52:53 »

I already mentioned this, but KeyPop sells a red Zoidberg cap that looks like it is DCS.  If it is then I don't see why SP wouldn't let us use it.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline justnits

« Reply #794 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 02:18:56 »

Zoidberg disapprove that his icon got disapproved by SP.
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline tbc

« Reply #795 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 02:24:23 »
...somehow doubleshot keycaps are trademark violation free lol
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #796 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 02:27:13 »

I already mentioned this, but KeyPop sells a red Zoidberg cap that looks like it is DCS.  If it is then I don't see why SP wouldn't let us use it.

Because the Keypop keycap has no similarity to Zoidberg at all! Oh wait ....

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #797 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 03:03:19 »
Quoting SP:

The only one I have an issue with would be the Futurama, since this is still an active TV show

sorry guys, I don't want to put SP in any trouble, so I have to remove that. I don't know if they did a zoidberg key in the past, but evidently it was a mistake. I was just too honest to tell them the source of the nerdom keys.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #798 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 03:29:59 »
I started working on the final templates. This is the real deal, legend text, size and position are actually the way they will be printed, so if you spot any error or have suggestions please report asap. I'll also post the SVG if you wanna play with it.

Maybe font size for the mods could be slightly smaller.

PS: I really don't like the @ sign

Offline justnits

« Reply #799 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 03:55:23 »
I started working on the final templates. This is the real deal, legend text, size and position are actually the way they will be printed, so if you spot any error or have suggestions please report asap. I'll also post the SVG if you wanna play with it.

Maybe font size for the mods could be slightly smaller.

Show Image

PS: I really don't like the @ sign

looks pretty good matt. the @ looks alright to me...
| | | |