Author Topic: Looking for a 75% Keyboard  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Alghu

Looking for a 75% Keyboard
« on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 19:15:37 »
Hey all,

I'm not sure whether or not a quality board that looks exactly/extremely similar to the DREVO excalibur layout exists but, I'm looking for something like that. Should I find a good custom keyboard site and have one built, buy my own parts and build it myself. Just looking to bounce ideas off of others and maybe get some help on getting a solid keyboard in this 75% layout.

Thanks a bunch

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
Re: Looking for a 75% Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 21:23:31 »
Hey all,

I'm not sure whether or not a quality board that looks exactly/extremely similar to the DREVO excalibur layout exists but, I'm looking for something like that. Should I find a good custom keyboard site and have one built, buy my own parts and build it myself. Just looking to bounce ideas off of others and maybe get some help on getting a solid keyboard in this 75% layout.

Thanks a bunch

Floating keycap style are limited to off the shelf options like Drevo and Vortex. Layout-wise, you can get mid-tier customs from KBDfans in the KBD75 (new v2 design), KPRepublic's XD84 (a few case options, one of which is actually a floating-style bent-steel case/integrated plate), and YMDKeyboards YMD75 (which is basically a twin cousin of the KBD75v1) who all offer building services, but TBH I'd suggest bucking up and building your own as the stabilizers are often pretty bad on these if you use the included stock ones without lubing/clipping/band-aiding. The GB for the SKB75 may be closed (check out link in my sig), but would be a great build-your-own option as you bring your own PCB of choice - if you fill out the form and he sends you an invoice, you're good otherwise there might be extras (no promises).
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 October 2018, 21:25:36 by Zuology »
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 21:46:37 »
Hey all,

Thanks a bunch

Floating keycap style are limited to off the shelf options like Drevo and Vortex. Layout-wise, you can get mid-tier customs from KBDfans in the KBD75 (new v2 design), KPRepublic's XD84 (a few case options, one of which is actually a floating-style bent-steel case/integrated plate), and YMDKeyboards YMD75 (which is basically a twin cousin of the KBD75v1) who all offer building services, but TBH I'd suggest bucking up and building your own as the stabilizers are often pretty bad on these if you use the included stock ones without lubing/clipping/band-aiding. The GB for the SKB75 may be closed (check out link in my sig), but would be a great build-your-own option as you bring your own PCB of choice - if you fill out the form and he sends you an invoice, you're good otherwise there might be extras (no promises).

You should be able to find a used KBD75 for a good price in Classifieds or on MechMarket

Offline Alghu

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 22:45:05 »
Really appreciate it guys.