Author Topic: [GB] R6 Zealios / Zealencios / Transparent Screw-in Stabs V2 (Complete)  (Read 54729 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey guys, Zeal here again with another Round 6 Zealio switch GB & accessories. Gateron and I have worked quite a bit to perform micro tweaks to our stabilizers to improve its usage. The changes made should fix the wire popping out issue some people experienced.

GB pricing will end May 14, 2017 midnight (PST). Order is expected to ship from Gateron around mid-June. This GB will have a quick turnaround, hence the shorter two week GB pricing schedule.

Click the images for links to the site!

R6 Zealio Switches:

Zeal Transparent Stabilizers V2: (made stabilizer inserts less tight, tightened wire pivot hole)

Zealencio Silencing Clips:

Cheers,

Zeal

FAQ:

Q: Where are the Linear Zealios?
A: Still working with Gateron to improve the Linear Zealios. Will probably introduce them again Q2-Q3 2017 for R7 GB.

Q: Zeal65 PCB/"Gravitas" kit?
A: The 65% keyboard kit Codename: Gravitas will launch as a separate GB. Prototypes should be ready soon though. :)

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 20:57:45 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Re: [GB] R6 Zealios / Zealencios / Transparent Screw-in Stabs V2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 05:01:47 »
May 16, 2017
9/30 boxes Delivered

May 17, 2017
25/30 boxes Delivered

Orders will start shipping tonight.

May 24, 2017
GB Complete. All orders shipped. (Minus Zeal60 PCB orders, still waiting on assembly)
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 20:58:30 by Zeal »

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 15:52:43 »
Nice, this certainly looks interesting.

Any revisions to Zealios/Zealencios?

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 16:21:36 »
Took a look into this and was tempted to order 150 switches. Only shipping option I get is DHL express though and I'm kind of scared that the customs take in the parcel. If that happens I got to pay like 30€ to DHL alone (not the custom fees) and I don't want that. Is there really no other possibility to send the stuff? Order twice, once 100 then 50? Anyone from Europe or even Germany has any experience with Zealios shipped by DHL Express?

Thanks in advance!

Offline demorior

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 16:40:37 »
in. woot.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 17:19:26 »
Took a look into this and was tempted to order 150 switches. Only shipping option I get is DHL express though and I'm kind of scared that the customs take in the parcel. If that happens I got to pay like 30€ to DHL alone (not the custom fees) and I don't want that. Is there really no other possibility to send the stuff? Order twice, once 100 then 50? Anyone from Europe or even Germany has any experience with Zealios shipped by DHL Express?

Thanks in advance!

I've ordered from Zeal and shipped to Germany, I was able to pick Canadian Air as a carrier for 10$, and it skipped customs.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 18:09:50 »

Thanks in advance!

DHL have their customs sorted. Goes straight to you and you might get invoiced for it afterwards.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 18:36:20 »
Nice, this certainly looks interesting.

Any revisions to Zealios/Zealencios?

No changes made to Zealios/Zealencios. Pretty happy with how they are right now.

Thanks in advance!

PM'd.

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 01:15:03 »
I heard you guys are working towards having less wobble. Will that be reflected in this round?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 02:44:52 »
I heard you guys are working towards having less wobble. Will that be reflected in this round?

The current tactile Zealios already have reduced wobble since R4. This round of Zealios will be no different.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 06:42:54 »
The current tactile Zealios already have reduced wobble since R4. This round of Zealios will be no different.

Thanks for letting us all know.

I'll be going for some of your Milky Bottoms here Zeal, thanks for providing them  :thumb: .

Offline Atredl

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 22:37:58 »
I'll probably just get some stabilizers this round to get the most up to date version. I now have a surplus of Zealios since a couple of builds got cancelled.

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 23:15:20 »
I jumped in on both the 67g Zealios and the Stabilizers, along with the Zeal60 PCB. I can hardly wait! :eek:

Offline digisax

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 23:22:13 »
Since you mentioned Linear Zeals, any chance of clicky Zeals? I'd love clicky switches with the tactility of Zealios.
niu mini - R2 T1s, MT3 Dev/TTY

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 23:36:11 »
Since you mentioned Linear Zeals, any chance of clicky Zeals? I'd love clicky switches with the tactility of Zealios.

Give the Zealiostotle mod a try. Cannot beat it's clicky sound or tactile feedback. Unfortunately, there aren't plans to make factory made zealiostotles due to a few limiting factors.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 21:16:52 »
The Zeal60 says that the LEDs are presoldered.  I guess they're in switch LEDs.. or how would we get the Zealios onto the PCB?

Any plans on perhaps a ZealTKL PCB?

edit:
Oh and, those thingies to hotswap switches.   i'm thinking that using those in future builds would be a good idea.  especially for say, limited edition custom builds.. say you have a Duck Orion, if you used those rather than solder in switches you could more or less still customize it however you'd like.

Altnough, wait, you do still need to solder these things in like Sip Sockets right?  finally, any compatability issues between them?
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 May 2017, 21:27:18 by skaloola »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 21:22:27 »
The Zeal60 says that the LEDs are presoldered.  I guess they're in switch LEDs.. or how would we get the Zealios onto the PCB?

Any plans on perhaps a ZealTKL PCB?

They are surface mount LEDs shining through the PCB via a cutout. That's why Zealios are the recommended switch to pair with the board due to the fully transparent housing.

There are plans for a TKL in the future, but no firm dates yet.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 22:24:29 »
They are surface mount LEDs shining through the PCB via a cutout. That's why Zealios are the recommended switch to pair with the board due to the fully transparent housing.

There are plans for a TKL in the future, but no firm dates yet.

The TKL Zeal, will go Gangbusters here on GH Central.

Looking forward to that one, having a fully fitted out TKL keyboard, showing the World what it's like when you go FULL Zeal on it  :thumb: .

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 23:23:23 »
Cool man might have to get me some stabs and more of them Japanese KitKats  :cool:
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 00:54:57 »
I'm still waiting on the stabs from the r5 gb.
Are the v1 stabs that bad?
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 May 2017, 01:07:56 by Latin00032 »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 02:26:52 »

We'll be automatically upgrading v1 stabs to v2 ones if you had them added with your Zeal60 order.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 07:36:41 »

We'll be automatically upgrading v1 stabs to v2 ones if you had them added with your Zeal60 order.
Yes I'm still waiting on the zeal 60 with the rest of the items since the zeal60s needed to be replaced

Offline demorior

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 11:56:20 »
Hi Zeal I placed an order for some zealios can I add the stabs without paying for shipping again?i

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 12:23:29 »
Hi Zeal I placed an order for some zealios can I add the stabs without paying for shipping again?i

Just message/email them, they will combine the orders.

Offline demorior

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 12:24:45 »

Just message/email them, they will combine the orders.

thanks! will do

Offline blai5000

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 14:26:28 »
Would using Zealencios on silent reds make the switch even more silent, or should I just stick to one or the other?

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 14:32:02 »
Since I've gone totally insane and building like 4 boards, I was thinking about varying up at least one of them and doing Zealencios and trying to make it as quiet as possible. Do you think any different weighted spring Zealios are particularly quieter than the others?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 15:04:51 »
Would using Zealencios on silent reds make the switch even more silent, or should I just stick to one or the other?

It would make it more quiet, but the overall feel will be affected. Travel reduction will also be much more noticeable due to double the dampening effects. Will depend on your personal taste whether or not you'll like the feel. I'd personally recommend just sticking with one or the other. Sometimes more isn't better. :)

Since I've gone totally insane and building like 4 boards, I was thinking about varying up at least one of them and doing Zealencios and trying to make it as quiet as possible. Do you think any different weighted spring Zealios are particularly quieter than the others?

62g would technically be quieter, but wouldn't be really noticeable in day to day use, especially after lubing the switches. The sound dampening you get from lubing alone is already night and day (plus the added benefit of an even smoother feel).

Offline Atredl

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 17:53:13 »

Interestingly enough, ManofInterests has a video about that exact combination

Offline blai5000

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 19:55:48 »

It would make it more quiet, but the overall feel will be affected. Travel reduction will also be much more noticeable due to double the dampening effects. Will depend on your personal taste whether or not you'll like the feel. I'd personally recommend just sticking with one or the other. Sometimes more isn't better. :)

62g would technically be quieter, but wouldn't be really noticeable in day to day use, especially after lubing the switches. The sound dampening you get from lubing alone is already night and day (plus the added benefit of an even smoother feel).

Interestingly enough, ManofInterests has a video about that exact combination

Got it, thanks!  I'll be using Zealencios on non-silents then.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 01:52:40 »
Has anyone had any experience lubing Zealiostotles? How did it turn out?
 I figure I'll need to open the switches to replace the stems anyway why not lube them at the same time. Recommended lube?

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:17:39 »

Thanks in advance!

PM'd.
I have a order for Zeal60 and a bunch of other stuff but i'm thinking about getting another one in the same order but customs would sting a lot.
I would gladly take a PM if you (zeal) have some secret to share about this?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:34:33 »
 I figure I'll need to open the switches to replace the stems anyway why not lube them at the same time. Recommended lube?

I wouldn't recommend lubing Zealiostotles. You run a high chance of ruining the clicky sound and affecting the tactile bump.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:52:13 »

I wouldn't recommend lubing Zealiostotles. You run a high chance of ruining the clicky sound and affecting the tactile bump.

Honestly, don't even think they need the lube either. They feel amazing after the stem swap.

Offline Yuuki

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 08:00:29 »
Hello Zeal,

I have some questions :

1/ I have the previous version of the stabz with the wire popping out. The only thing you changed is the insert and pivot right ? Is the wire  the same ?
2/ Just want to be sure, but the zealios PCB 67g can be "converted" to a plate mounted one without a problem ? (I can cut the addictionnal legs like any other cherry switch) ?
3/ is it possible to order some zealancios for 2 tkl wkl keyboard ? (84 keys) without ordering 2x100 ? (I was thinking 2x90 instead and I would still have 6 spare for each)

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 12:07:39 »
Hello Zeal,

I have some questions :

1/ I have the previous version of the stabz with the wire popping out. The only thing you changed is the insert and pivot right ? Is the wire  the same ?
2/ Just want to be sure, but the zealios PCB 67g can be "converted" to a plate mounted one without a problem ? (I can cut the addictionnal legs like any other cherry switch) ?
3/ is it possible to order some zealancios for 2 tkl wkl keyboard ? (84 keys) without ordering 2x100 ? (I was thinking 2x90 instead and I would still have 6 spare for each)

Wire is the same, insert and pivot were tweaked.
Correct, cut the plastic legs off if you want to convert them to plate mount style switches.
Zealencios will only be sold as 70/100/120 on my site. If you'd like to fit 2x WKL kits, you could purchase 100x, 70x, leaving 2 extra. You'll hardly need extras during mounting.

Offline Yuuki

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 13:35:56 »
Thanks for the answers

And yes you are right about the zealancios. I'm dumb. And I have some spare from last time too.
And yes you don't really need spare for zealancios

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 15:48:37 »

Thanks for doing this, Zeal! Definitely makes the wait for the Zeal60 even more worth it.

Also, if you end up doing a TKL version, just take my money. TKL is by FAR my favorite form factor.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 00:24:39 »
My Macropad with 65g Zeals is complete. The switches feel so good :D find myself turning my volume up and down with it just to feel the keypress :P

I am putting together another order. If I do get lube, do I want to avoid lubing certain parts to keep this nice tactility? I've read that lubing can reduce it. Also do you think a single tube of GH V4 Thick Lube would be enough to lube 400 switches? (Sorry missed the part where it says it's enough for a fullsize + a bit, guess I will probably need at least 3)

Thanks for your awesome products and general awesomeness!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 May 2017, 01:25:15 by TelFiRE »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 11:56:56 »
My Macropad with 65g Zeals is complete. The switches feel so good :D find myself turning my volume up and down with it just to feel the keypress :P

I am putting together another order. If I do get lube, do I want to avoid lubing certain parts to keep this nice tactility? I've read that lubing can reduce it. Also do you think a single tube of GH V4 Thick Lube would be enough to lube 400 switches? (Sorry missed the part where it says it's enough for a fullsize + a bit, guess I will probably need at least 3)

Thanks for your awesome products and general awesomeness!

Experiment with a few switches with different lubing techniques and try to find one that suits your preferences. I personally lube the bottom housing rails, springs inside and out and pretty much all surfaces of the stem other than the tactile legs when lubing for a build. Some may like that feel, others may not.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 13:11:56 »
Friendly reminder that GB order will be concluding at the end of May 14th 11:59PM. Pre-order pricing will kick in after that.
Gateron has also confirmed production is done and will start shipping Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (3 batches!)
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 May 2017, 19:33:43 by Zeal »

Offline AlexG

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 14:57:08 »
Have there been any changes made to the Zealencios?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 15:14:37 »

No changes needed or planned.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 20:17:06 »

Zeal anyway we can get that GB pricing kept till the 15th? I imagine I cant be the only one low on cash that would love to buy in but doesnt get their paycheck/Direct Deposit till the 15th.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 20:21:44 »

Zeal anyway we can get that GB pricing kept till the 15th? I imagine I cant be the only one low on cash that would love to buy in but doesnt get their paycheck/Direct Deposit till the 15th.

You're not the only one, I've also received a similar PM. I'll extend it by another day, til the night of 15th. :thumb:

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 01:56:56 »
Had a V1 stab pop out on me earlier this week. Is there a thread or documentation where people are discussing how they've resolved the problem?

I managed to get mine back in place without too much trouble but am curious how others dealt with it.

I've got the new Zeal60 on order, really looking forward to the new board and new stabs. I missed an update or two I'm sure, did something happen with the R2 Zeal60 production? I'm really out of the loop.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 03:47:53 »
Had a V1 stab pop out on me earlier this week. Is there a thread or documentation where people are discussing how they've resolved the problem?

I managed to get mine back in place without too much trouble but am curious how others dealt with it.

I've got the new Zeal60 on order, really looking forward to the new board and new stabs. I missed an update or two I'm sure, did something happen with the R2 Zeal60 production? I'm really out of the loop.

If you press on the horizontal bits of the cross with needle nose pliers 1-2 times each side, it would make the fit less tight which reduces the odds of the wire popping out.

Zeal60 Rev2 boards are delayed til mid/late June because I had to reject a large majority of boards that came in due to surface scratches. They're currently being remade by the fab. PCB orders that had an order of transparent stabilizers from R5 GB will be automatically upgraded to our V2 stab housings, which have fixed the wire popping out issue. You'll also receive a sets of v2 stab plastic parts to "upgrade" your previous order if you choose to have those swapped out.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 04:05:24 »

So if we ordered R1 Zeal stabs, we can get some extra plastic bits shipped in our GB orders? Where should I note that?
If you press on the horizontal bits of the cross with needle nose pliers 1-2 times each side, it would make the fit less tight which reduces the odds of the wire popping out.

Zeal60 Rev2 boards are delayed til mid/late June because I had to reject a large majority of boards that came in due to surface scratches. They're currently being remade by the fab. PCB orders that had an order of transparent stabilizers from R5 GB will be automatically upgraded to our V2 stab housings, which have fixed the wire popping out issue. You'll also receive a sets of v2 stab plastic parts to "upgrade" your previous order if you choose to have those swapped out.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 04:07:34 »

So if we ordered R1 Zeal stabs, we can get some extra plastic bits shipped in our GB orders? Where should I note that?

Just send me a PM with your order # referencing the older V1, and I'll include the upgrade parts in your R6 GB.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 10:54:19 »
Will R6 be lubed in any way?