Author Topic: [GB] XENO | 75% Custom Keyboard  (Read 187658 times)

Offline rondg

Re: [GB] XENO | 75% Custom Keyboard
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 06:03:17 »
FYI for those who hasn't been checking the discord recently, Zeal told us that he set a hard deadline for the rose gold till the end of the month, so wait tight lads.

What's gonna happen if the deadline is not met?

Offline Funktion

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 22:26:28 »
Why didn't I just order black...

Offline Nivengoh

« Reply #302 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 22:30:00 »
Trust me, ordering black wouldn't help much. Most of the black/silver has yet to ship out. And somehow Zeal refused to update us on the status of this GB. We have no clue on how much of the black/silver has actually been ship out.
All we know is rose gold is definitely delay. And manufacturers are shipping him the rest if the keyboard small batches by small batches(also no info on that).
So all I can say is just forgot Xeno exist and hope one day the keyboard will just random appear on ur house door.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

KBD8x | E8-V1 | Xeno 75 | RAMA U80-A

Offline ian13

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 01:30:49 »
Trust me, ordering black wouldn't help much. Most of the black/silver has yet to ship out. And somehow Zeal refused to update us on the status of this GB. We have no clue on how much of the black/silver has actually been ship out.
All we know is rose gold is definitely delay. And manufacturers are shipping him the rest if the keyboard small batches by small batches(also no info on that).
So all I can say is just forgot Xeno exist and hope one day the keyboard will just random appear on ur house door.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

LMAO. This.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 December 2019, 19:26:07 by ian13 »

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 09:57:33 »
At this rate I'll get Kepler before Xeno LOL. Starting to think Xeno is a reference to the Scientology alien because they both don't exist

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #305 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 21:13:10 »
Zeal posted a large update on his discord, and not here as per the rules... again.  :))

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #306 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 21:22:21 »
Zeal posted a large update on his discord, and not here as per the rules... again.  :))

Here are the provided updates -- https://imgur.com/a/xV3szC8

The images after the 00 captioned ones are the same ones but in full-sized format, in order of appearance.

« Reply #307 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 21:29:28 »

Here are the provided updates -- https://imgur.com/a/xV3szC8

The images after the 00 captioned ones are the same ones but in full-sized format, in order of appearance.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Offline Funktion

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 13:18:53 »
Thanks for posting the update info. I'm still excited for the board and after seeing the pictures I'm glad they haven't been sent out yet. Though its frustrating that this has happened I think Zeal is making the correct, though difficult, decision. I can only imagine the damage to Zeal as a brand in sending out low quality products, I'm sure this is stressful for Zeal.  :(

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 16:25:46 »
Thanks for posting the update info. I'm still excited for the board and after seeing the pictures I'm glad they haven't been sent out yet. Though its frustrating that this has happened I think Zeal is making the correct, though difficult, decision. I can only imagine the damage to Zeal as a brand in sending out low quality products, I'm sure this is stressful for Zeal.  :(

Seconded. I'm salty I don't have my Xeno yet but I'd be 10x saltier if I got it in the condition of the pics. I will happily wait until the finish product has the quality we've come to expect from Zeal.

Offline silas

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 13:08:58 »
are there enough blems to have extras? because i want one...  :(

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #311 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 18:34:52 »
I’ve asked 2x and have not gotten an answer on Discord. So, I’ll ask here. Zeal said that he gave the manufacturer a hard deadline of the end of September to have the rose gold pieces done. Where do we stand on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 10:39:15 »

Offline Arlie

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:44:02 »
Any more updates on this by chance?  I don't use discord because I'm anti-social and have a bit too much anxiety.  Just wondering if these are still being received/sent out to the best of everyone's knowledge.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #314 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:45:27 »
Nothing. It’s funny because multiple people asked and he answered all of the questions about switches and skipped all the Xeno questions .

Offline gt1989

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:46:23 »
The last update was that a lot of the pvd parts needed to be remade because they were bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 14:21:09 »
He gave them a hard deadline of the end of last month. I asked about that at the end of last month. I got the reply I posted above.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 14:55:17 »
http://imgur.com/a/xAru5gM

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 14:56:34 »
I’m glad he updated, but that does against what he said. I just ask and stay out of it. It’s getting pretty ugly on discord. People are pretty fed up.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 14:58:14 »
I’m glad he updated, but that does against what he said. I just ask and stay out of it. It’s getting pretty ugly on discord. People are pretty fed up.

Oh yeah, I'm not defending the delay at all and I completely understand everyone's frustrations.

Offline fcnchuck

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 16:09:30 »
At this point it will just be a surprise Christmas present that i was smart enough to order 10-ish months ago

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 16:12:51 »
Look, I'm actually friends with the guy an am still waiting on black & black... Its not his fault, sometimes being the middle man leaves you unable to have full control of everything... The guys a stand up dude an will not send you a b stock board an will not dissapear.. We're all in the same boat, best thing to do would to be just not to think about it.

Trust me I want mine too. Lol

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 17:00:35 »
Look, I'm actually friends with the guy an am still waiting on black & black... Its not his fault, sometimes being the middle man leaves you unable to have full control of everything... The guys a stand up dude an will not send you a b stock board an will not dissapear.. We're all in the same boat, best thing to do would to be just not to think about it.

Trust me I want mine too. Lol

I don’t think his character or morals have ever been in question. Timely updates, updating here, like he personally said he would, responding to questions about updates, etc, are.

I think that is one of the STRONG characteristics of hobbyists on this level. I’m a BIG knife guy and knife guys will wait on a makers books for years, as long as they feel like they’ve been kept in the loop. Then they’ll hand over $1K+ with a smile after waiting years for a knife.

Offline 82d28a

« Reply #323 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 19:57:32 »
Updates please.

Offline sana

• Formerly Jessica
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 21:24:21 »
Show Image

So has anyone actually gotten a board yet?
I ordered a Silver/Rose Gold back on November 27 and haven't heard anything.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #325 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 21:26:14 »
On the discord a few guys have mentioned getting their boards. I also think Teyha Types built one on his channel.

Offline Funktion

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 21:40:22 »
Nope I for one am getting very tired if this.

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 23:05:38 »
I'm sure, as we all are. The only thing we can do is continue to wait and be patient. I have faith Zeal will come through eventually.

Offline fatalruin

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 07:38:29 »
I ordered a purple/silver board, but I don't expect it till next year since I joined the GB near the end.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 12:51:01 »
We’ll soon be coming up on the holiday season. Zeal, do we know if Xeno orders will be fulfilled before the new year?

Offline Damage

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 13:16:54 »
The original ship date target was April-May of this year.

The last update on the Zeal website was June 10.

Zeal hasn't posted here since July 10.

The only updates come via Discord, and it's been over a month since we've had one of those. Recent updates have had no real ETAs, anyhow.

I know we should typically expect updates in this thread, but at this point, continuing to ask here seems silly. Zeal has decided to spend quite a bit of his goodwill with the community on avoiding the work of typing an update and posting it. Our only recourse is to learn to use Discord and wait.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 13:21:35 »

The only updates come via Discord, and it's been over a month since we've had one of those. Recent updates have had no real ETAs, anyhow.

I know we should typically expect updates in this thread, but at this point, continuing to ask here seems silly. Zeal has decided to spend quite a bit of his goodwill with the community on avoiding the work of typing an update and posting it. Our only recourse is to learn to use Discord and wait.

Yes, sir. I post/read in both places. I just want to make sure he has a fair chance to see what I’m asking. I also want everyone else to have the info too. I know everyone would like to know. Especially with the holidays coming up. We all know how that just shuts things down for basically 2 months.

I hate to have to post so many places and so repetitively, but I just want updates in reasonable intervals. I feel like I’m the bad guy (because I feel like I’m beating a dead horse), but I think that’s a reasonable ask. Especially when I’ve prepaid $700+.

I know the common sentiment seems to keep coming up that I think Zeal will run off with our money. That is NOT what I’m saying. The simplest, but probably not most PC, way I can say it is, I’m a paying customer and I just want reasonable service.

Offline Damage

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 13:41:01 »

Yes, sir. I post/read in both places. I just want to make sure he has a fair chance to see what I’m asking. I also want everyone else to have the info too. I know everyone would like to know. Especially with the holidays coming up. We all know how that just shuts things down for basically 2 months.

I hate to have to post so many places and so repetitively, but I just want updates in reasonable intervals. I feel like I’m the bad guy (because I feel like I’m beating a dead horse), but I think that’s a reasonable ask. Especially when I’ve prepaid $700+.

I know the common sentiment seems to keep coming up that I think Zeal will run off with our money. That is NOT what I’m saying. The simplest, but probably not most PC, way I can say it is, I’m a paying customer and I just want reasonable service.

I think your willingness to continue asking nicely is very generous. :) It just seems, uh, optimistic at this point.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 14:46:30 »

I think your willingness to continue asking nicely is very generous. :) It just seems, uh, optimistic at this point.

Hahaha! I can’t disagree. I just want to be fair before I criticize.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 16:39:12 »
nah fam... you don't got to take this. Contact your credit card company and let them know. Chargeback.

That's how we got the last update.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 21:29:46 »
nah fam... you don't got to take this. Contact your credit card company and let them know. Chargeback.

That's how we got the last update.

It’s sad to say, but it seems like more drastic measures may have to be taken.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #336 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 03:17:38 »
This is the update posted by Zeal just now (07 Nov, 5:17 PM GMT+8)
229639-0

Offline rondg

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 03:22:32 »
Does that mean for all boards including non rose gold?

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 07:33:56 »
(Attachment Link)

I can’t find that comment. I’d love to acknowledge it with a reply.  It didn’t really answer my question, but at least it is a reply with some more information.

This is all I can see. Did he delete the comment?

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 07:36:01 »
(Attachment Link)

I can’t find that comment. I’d love to acknowledge it with a reply.  It didn’t really answer my question, but at least it is a reply with some more information.

Show Image

Zeal's status update was in the Keyboards channel, not the General channel.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 07:48:21 »
(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Zeal's status update was in the Keyboards channel, not the General channel.

Thank you, sir.

Offline MTXjunkie

[GB] XENO | 75% Custom Keyboard
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 06:23:44 »
For those not on the Discord...

It posted out of order, but you get the point.

Offline kawaiicheung

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 07:43:54 »
For those not on the Discord...

It posted out of order, but you get the point.
Show Image
Show Image

Thank you!!!!!

Offline Arlie

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 09:10:57 »
So has everyone received theirs then?  I haven't received mine yet (rose gold / black) but not sure if I should reach out yet to start asking questions.  I know rose gold has been just about the last to go out.

Offline Damage

« Reply #344 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 09:40:15 »
Still waiting here. Black w/rose gold.

Zeal said on Discord recently that the latest shipment had 25 units--and that's prior to his QC check, so only a portion of those might pass and get shipped to buyers.

Given the likely scale of the Xeno GB, I'd speculate that we are looking at a very long, slow trickle to complete fulfillment of orders, at this rate. Could be another six months, easy.

I wouldn't have to speculate if we had any more concrete info, but we clearly do not. No numbers of outstanding orders, no ETAs or target ship dates, nothing. The info we have has been provided with too little context for clear interpretation.

Offline Funktion

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 11:59:40 »
Same. Black rose gold. Purchased mine the day the sale went live and have nothing.

« Reply #346 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 12:33:38 »
Waiting on black on black.

Offline Damage

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 13:12:53 »
Waiting on black on black.

Yeah. Here's the thing. We've heard about the color issues with rose gold plates, but folks with other configurations are still waiting on their boards, as well. Would be curious to know the true size of the backlog of unfulfilled orders, which seem to span all color configs.

Offline sana

• Formerly Jessica
« Reply #348 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 07:50:01 »
Happy 1 year 🎂

Offline sivor

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #349 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 08:08:10 »
It's disappointing that folks seem to be getting the runaround on this. I remember opting for the M60-A SEQ2 over the Xeno and now I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet :(