Author Topic: Capslock mod on a Das?  (Read 2502 times)

Offline rek55

Capslock mod on a Das?
« on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 21:41:05 »
I'm just beginning with my keyboard modding / keycap collecting addiction... and I was wondering:

Is it possible to get a Caps Lock key that has the indented spacer on it like this for a Das keyboard? I'm not sure of all the lingo (center stem capslock or something?), but a picture's worth a thousand words.

Preferably I'd like to get a black blank one, but just knowing what you guys would call such a key would be immensely helpful.

My future Das Ultimate S, all modded up. For now, it's a bit more black.

Offline rek55

Re: Capslock mod on a Das?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 21:48:06 »
Second question:

On a Das Ultimate (blank keys, no Fn key), is there a special name for the modifier keys, or are they just the normal size ones? And what size is the spacebar? Is that also a standard size or not?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 01:14:15 »
There is a bit of discussion about centre-stemmed stepped caps lock (for such they are called) keycaps here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37587.0

Unfortunately they are not listed on techkeys.us site atm, perhaps they are out of stock.

You might glance through the current group buys, and/or have a look to see if anyone is selling one from the recent SP crap bags.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 23:09:00 »
Wow, can we get a ban for this guy? All he's done is post advertisements to these Amazon links to overpriced keys

Offline metafour

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 23:11:06 »
I reported his post to the mods.

Offline rek55

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 23:35:57 »
Looks like he is quickly being erased from existence :D

Offline TAdams

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 18:12:10 »
They are sold out, but may have some white on beige left (I am using one now). However, I still want the white on black and am considering fronting the money to make it happen.
i want to unsee that - eyebleach plz!

Offline rek55

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 20:56:47 »
They are sold out, but may have some white on beige left (I am using one now). However, I still want the white on black and am considering fronting the money to make it happen.
I'd love a blank stepped black one personally (and maybe a white as well while we're at it since they seem somewhat hard to find)