Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423350 times)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2900 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 00:12:17 »

Discovered that the mouse still works if you move it across the (LCD) monitor surface, although because the mouse pointer moves faster than the mouse, it was a little disconcerting.

Also the mouse pointer cannot be seen when it moved under the mouse, necessitating moving the mouse to see the mouse pointer, which moved the mouse pointer somewhere else.

You should write a book or at least a poem about that
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2901 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 02:58:54 »

Discovered that the mouse still works if you move it across the (LCD) monitor surface, although because the mouse pointer moves faster than the mouse, it was a little disconcerting.

Also the mouse pointer cannot be seen when it moved under the mouse, necessitating moving the mouse to see the mouse pointer, which moved the mouse pointer somewhere else.

Poem: I couldn't think of anything that rhymes with "mouse pointer".

Book: A good start, but the story kinds of fades out after the first sentence.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GankIndustries

« Reply #2902 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 06:21:09 »

Poem: I couldn't think of anything that rhymes with "mouse pointer".

Book: A good start, but the story kinds of fades out after the first sentence.

Anoint her?
Poker 2 Clears
V2 Reds
60% Alps loading

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2903 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 10:42:56 »
Wrote a blog about Metal Gear Solid 2 ^^

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2904 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 10:50:11 »
Today at work, somebody sent out a totally pointless email to the entire company. A coworker and I decided to start a pool to see how many responses it would get. We had 5 contenders. Then somebody decided to have the email chain killed, ruining our pool.

It was such a bittersweet moment...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2905 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 12:05:21 »
Pretty much had a perfect day yesterday :). Went to brunch with a buddy at a great diner. Then worked on my JD40:

Show Image

Drove north and had some amazing Vietnamese food. Haven't had banh xeo for a long time:

Show Image

Then I went to see a concert where Misery Index (They're #1!)

Show Image

...and Decapitated played :)

Show Image

Damn, Misery Index AND Decapitated. Both great, great bands.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2906 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 12:20:25 »
Slept in, had class, shopped for presents, ate at McDonald's and now heading back home to drop off some stuff and then make my way into town for Interstellar.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline osi

« Reply #2907 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 08:16:24 »
Rebooted the rig today for kernel update

Offline GankIndustries

« Reply #2908 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 09:28:48 »
Installed a new ssd, and promptly have problems with said ssd. TO THE TROUBLESHOOTING CAVE!
Poker 2 Clears
V2 Reds
60% Alps loading

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2909 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 09:29:32 »
slowly dying at the desk
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2910 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 09:43:11 »
slowly dying at the desk
someone should change ur title to slowly dead
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2911 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 09:49:44 »
slowly dying at the desk
someone should change ur title to slowly dead

slow n steady wins the race?
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline JackMills

« Reply #2912 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 16:39:55 »
I spend my day being really satisfied about myself. I made the gamble to lower the memory target for my Oracle database during a data import and it paid off. The first test I had a timing of 5 hours the import, then it was suggested to increase the memory on the machine, because we had some 16Gb to spare on that VM config. So why not give Oracle more memory to play with? Second test timing dropped to 15 hours.  I suggested to lower the memory again, but nooo, more memory = faster. I am not a DBA, but I just figured it worked faster with less, so logic says that we test again with lesser memory. So someone else took over, created indices, cleared the recycle bin, cleaned up the audit table and recalculated the statistics. Tests now clocked on 12 hours.
Today during production migration, i gambled and set the memory to the original value, and I clocked the import at 4h58m.

TL;DR: I was right and I am not even the expert on this. Good day.

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #2913 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 17:58:53 »
Today I enrolled in next semester classes, and then didn't go to any of the classes I have since I have a pretty severe soar throat and headache. I spent most of my day here, on geekhack. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2914 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 20:18:31 »
couldnt sleep so i got up at 3 am and ate cheese
morning was a good cheese
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2915 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 20:35:58 »
couldnt sleep so i got up at 3 am and ate cheese
morning was a good cheese

This belongs in the cheese thread. :thumb:
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2916 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 03:25:39 »
Was at the Impericon Never Say Die Tour in Lyon last Night

Terror , ComeBack Kid,Obey the Brave and More than a Thousand are so dope live .

****ing exhausted .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline iri

« Reply #2917 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 04:51:34 »
worked for 17 hours. slept for 5. working again.

missed a lovely dnb party.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2918 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 08:42:49 »

Show Image

Terror , ComeBack Kid,Obey the Brave and More than a Thousand are so dope live .

****ing exhausted .

Damn, I'm always jealous of the European tours. The lineups are always like super tours. I feel like we get more lower quality lineup tours while Europe gets higher quality lineup tours. Terror is so much fun live and I want to see obey the brave.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2919 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 08:59:17 »

Show Image

****ing exhausted .
Lucky ;D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2920 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 09:01:09 »

Show Image

****ing exhausted .

Damn, I'm always jealous of the European tours. The lineups are always like super tours. I feel like we get more lower quality lineup tours while Europe gets higher quality lineup tours. Terror is so much fun live and I want to see obey the brave.

and it was 27€ while we were in a 500 peoples room.
Didn't heard of capside beforehand but they were great , I need to check more about them.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2921 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 15:04:17 »
Got caught up for the end of the semester...did a 5 page paper for the second time after losing it the first time with all of my sources and tracking those down once again. Now I just have 2 presentations, 2 exams, and a progress report for my internship, and I'm done for the semester.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline GankIndustries

« Reply #2922 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 15:19:42 »
Tried to hunt down deals on compressors and airbrushes as well as a decent soldering station for the upcoming Black Friday fiasco. Nothing popped out at me just yet  :(
Poker 2 Clears
V2 Reds
60% Alps loading

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2923 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 22:20:13 »

Saw Kreator and Arch Enemy! Might be the best show I've seen this year. Got to meet Skuloth too! Had a blast hanging out with him and catching the show. More GHers should see shows with me!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2924 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 23:31:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

Saw Kreator and Arch Enemy! Might be the best show I've seen this year. Got to meet Skuloth too! Had a blast hanging out with him and catching the show. More GHers should see shows with me!
Damnit this is why I need my license. December 29th can't come quick enough

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #2925 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 00:12:18 »
I almost stabbed a dude that was behaving threateningly.

Show Image

Show Image

Do Arch Enemy play any of their older stuff at shows now that White-Gluz is vocals?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2926 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 07:14:35 »
Do Arch Enemy play any of their older stuff at shows now that White-Gluz is vocals?

The show was actually mostly older songs. Well maybe 50-50. But it was amazing. I actually like White-Gluz more than Angela.  :eek:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2927 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 11:43:56 »
I watched Lewis Hamilton destroy Nico Rosberg in the final race of the F1 season.

WOOO!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2928 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 12:21:43 »
^^^
lewis hamilton number 1

I downloaded EVE online. This is either going to be amazing or a huge mistake.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2929 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 12:57:22 »
^^^
lewis hamilton number 1

I am seriously considering downloading it when I finish finals in 2 weeks. Still can't figure out if it is gonna be amazing or horrible...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2930 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 13:46:17 »
Well, after like an hour, I can say it's a lot of fun.

And I haven't even joined a corp yet.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2931 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 14:10:04 »
Got tattooed. Then cleaned and set up a friends 1989 Les Paul Custom. Then played the crap out of it.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2932 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 14:52:58 »
^^^
lewis hamilton number 1

I am seriously considering downloading it when I finish finals in 2 weeks. Still can't figure out if it is gonna be amazing or horrible...

^^^
lewis hamilton number 1

DONT DO IT.

I lost 5 years of my life to that game, and when you get to the point of being in a capital ship in a large alliance, it gets really ****ing boring. You basically start revolving your life around the game and if you don't take part, you get kicked out. Not fun.

But, if you guys want any tips, send me a message, I will give you a hand. I still have money on my accounts I just haven't got them subbed.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2933 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 14:56:01 »
I would have liked to wait ~a month so that I could finish my college apps.

This is gonna be a really interesting few weeks.

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #2934 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:51:22 »
I watched Lewis Hamilton destroy Nico Rosberg in the final race of the F1 season.

WOOO!

Hadn't gotten around to watching the recording yet...
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:56:10 by evolveS »
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2935 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 14:13:24 »
I tried telling my ISP that I'm not interested in their cable TV service. He tried to offer me a free year of TV. I tried to tell him that I don't watch TV and have no use for it. The conversation didn't go that well.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #2936 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 14:24:47 »
I tried telling my ISP that I'm not interested in their cable TV service. He tried to offer me a free year of TV. I tried to tell him that I don't watch TV and have no use for it. The conversation didn't go that well.

Oh, that reminds me of this:

https://m.soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10/comcastic-service
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 November 2014, 11:23:03 by blackbox »
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2937 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 19:30:56 »
Made a killer crock pot dinner.

2 10 oz. cans cream of chicken with mushroom
2 8 oz. Blocks of cream cheese
1 packet Italian dressing mix
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Seasoning to taste.  I used Italian seasoning, garlic powder, smoked paremesean, lowreys seasoning salt, and a touch of ground cumin, and marjoram

Mix cream of chicken, italian dressing mix, 1 and a half cans of water
Add to crock pot with whole chicken breasts and cream cheese.
Cook on medium heat for 4 hours.
Pull chicken and shred or cut up into small pieces and add back to crock pot
Pour over cooked pasta of choice
P
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2938 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 19:42:54 »
Woke up very ill, but without enough time to call in sick. Powered through the day in a complete fog sinuses burning/itching, eyes watering, occasionally vomiting. Bosses were cool enough to put me alone on the other side of the lab to work instead of sending me home. But man do I feel like death now.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2939 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 12:48:51 »
Listened to Dave Mustaine talking on liquid metal. I love his music but god that guy is an *******.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2940 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 13:15:02 »
debating on buying a markus since an aeron and leap are way too much for me right now
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2941 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 13:18:58 »
my aeron is 15 years old

get your chair game up bro

In all seriousness though, the Markus is a pretty solid chair. My mom loves hers, I've sat in it a few times and it seems pretty nice.

And my Aeron is actually 15 years old.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2942 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 13:25:35 »
im not saying it's not a good chair or not worth it's price, but paying 800 is steep. im not made of money. 200 is more in my area for now.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #2943 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 14:55:33 »
Counting 4k O-rings by hand.

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 November 2014, 15:05:11 by Lpwl »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2944 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 15:17:02 »

Show Image

Oh God, how horrifying!

Offline iri

« Reply #2945 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 15:22:02 »
im not saying it's not a good chair or not worth it's price, but paying 800 is steep. im not made of money. 200 is more in my area for now.
buy a used aeron not from the lard ass.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2946 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 15:28:06 »

Show Image

Oh God, how horrifying!

But very good therapy for OCD.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #2947 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 18:25:41 »

Show Image

Oh God, how horrifying!

But very good therapy for OCD.

Seems like it would be really easy to put them on a pencil/dowel/screwdriver and count them by average length.  Maybe my OCD just values efficiency.  Probably the German in me talking though.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2948 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 18:28:19 »
you're not talking about OCD, you're talking about obsessive compulsive tendencies.

Basically, tendencies is making sure all your pencils are straight, and OCD is turning the light on and off for 20 minutes so that it turns of "right"

just a nitpick

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #2949 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 18:43:21 »
you're not talking about OCD, you're talking about obsessive compulsive tendencies.

Basically, tendencies is making sure all your pencils are straight, and OCD is turning the light on and off for 20 minutes so that it turns of "right"

just a nitpick

Colloquial OCD vs. Medical OCD