Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 557608 times)

Offline goastkeebs

Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 21:55:13 »
hi there everyone,

I joined the keyboard community about a year or 2 ago built my first board and it was a Custom Acrylic KBD67 with NK Cream and then you know how that goes lool. I'm happy I got into this hobby.

Offline abineshrp

• Taxi Dispatch Software
« Reply #1001 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 08:16:40 »
Hello Everyone.

I am a new member for this community. Hope all doing well!

Taxi Dispatch Software

Offline RainWaiv

« Reply #1002 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 12:13:36 »
How did you know I was spending a lot on keyboards?!  It is nice to know that I am not the only one spending too much money on keyboards.  I got obsessed with the model M very quickly.  It started when I ran a google search for linux keyboard.  Unicomp was basically all I came up with.  I got the classic 101, no Windows keys thank you, linux version with Caps Lock, Ctrl and Esc, ~ keys switched.  I now own several from Unicomp, and the original from clickykeyboards.   
We all have. We all have...
please guys help i spent too much money on keyboards i have eaten nothing but instant noodles for the past 3 months

Offline CbR4

« Reply #1003 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 22:31:19 »
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to the mechanical keyboard scene and I am very keen to learn more. I've already learned the hard way that this gets expensive, and I know it just gets worse. Looking forward to getting involved more around the place.

Offline ddddavidddd

« Reply #1004 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 16:26:15 »
Hello there GH folks, this is my first post, and just testing things out. I know a few people here, but I want to become more familiar with hardcore mech users, so I have been diving into different circles to learn as much as I can.

I've got a box full of expensive parts sitting next to me and hope to have the time to put my first build together (kids and wife willing),

Have a good night, and happy typing!

David

Offline Dum Dum

• FXTM
« Reply #1005 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 03:35:21 »
Hi! I am new here  :D

Offline seokjin

• smooth like butter
« Reply #1006 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 14:29:22 »
Hi guys! Long time lurker so finally decided to make an account to keep up with release better.

Got into the hobby last year during lockdown and built my first keyboard after discovering jelly pom keycaps!

Hopefully I'll be able to make a couple more this year  :D

Offline AlmostPalindrome

« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 09:34:48 »
I don't know if this a noob thing or not but it's agonizing to balance stab wires. Anw I would like to how others do that. 

Offline Klackygears

« Reply #1008 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 12:52:32 »
Hello!

I'm klackygears. I've been around for a while but, never really posted much. I'm a big time lurker / wallflower type of person. :-X I do, however, have a lot of ideas and have been making some keyboard designs that I want to start sharing them here. I'm pretty active on my Instagram: @klackygears I've also posted some designs on Thingiverse:klackygears
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 June 2021, 12:54:20 by Klackygears »

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #1009 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 17:44:30 »
Longtime lurker.

Currently running a Mercutio 40.

Offline Heisenberg122

« Reply #1010 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 13:35:49 »
Hi everyone, I'm the real Heisenberg  :cool:

I've been using Model M for more than 20 years. I used to use some F122s of mainframes and the AS/400 machines. (once upon a time  :( )
Tried several mechanical switches several times, but no. My board is the Model M.  :)

I saw this community and decided to join.

Offline LGND.exe

« Reply #1011 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 23:39:24 »
I just registered my self on to geekhack and i am excited to see what is has to offer i have an alienware membrane keyboard that i use and a ducky one 2 mini i am trying to mod but i need a solder kit first. i am looking to build a custom keyboard with out soldering i dont know what pcb i should buy but i could use some help in that department. One last thing if anyone has some sort of keyboard building simulator i could use that would be great. I would love to mess around and find a nice design so i dont waste money.

Offline eugeniac

« Reply #1012 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 11:40:20 »
Hello! I've been lurking on GH for weeks and decided to joined just now. I'm fairly new to to mechanical keyboard (previously just passive user of Keychron K2 - for mac layout since 2020) - and started to look for more options. Someday I'd love to build my own! But for now, I'm more of looking for keycaps kit/set that fit my current keyboard ^_^ - so any Group buy for keycaps are something in my interest. Thank you :)

Offline wowaweewa

« Reply #1013 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 05:48:07 »
Hey guys,
I'm not 'new' here, since I've been browsing this site for a good time, but I never really got to make an account for just another keyboard-related website. Now that I have (and commented on some posts), I decided to atleast intruduce myself in this thread. Already built (too many) keyboards, and am now looking for some more 'high end' boards!

Offline yrtsi

« Reply #1014 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 15:50:13 »
Hello from Finland! I purchased my first IBM Model M and shortly after that I found this forum and decided to join.

Offline lengmeo

• Asyouwish.byLeng
    • Etsy Store
« Reply #1015 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 18:39:30 »
Hi guys!!!
Feel so good when seeing all of the new mem like me in here 😆, can't be more excited. I know I still have a lots things to learn & it won't be easy for me, but I will try to do my best that i can!!!
I can do it! You can do it! We can do it!!! Keep it up guys!!!
Check for more Sale & Give Away ~
My Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/asyouwish.byleng/
My Tiktok : https://vt.tiktok.com/ZGJA6fxnV/
My email : lengmeoo@gmail.com

Offline Play Avery

• Mkeebs and Setup Enthusiast
« Reply #1016 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 01:48:05 »
Hi Everyone!

So excited to be here. Just started diving into this rabbit hole a few months ago. Can't agree more with TS, this thing is gonna burn a hole in my pocket. It's true when this thread started and it's true today!
And oh, also just ordered a Tokyo60 from Drop during the summer sale and will be building that with Durock L7 and also the Durock V2 stabs ;D

Haha, anyway, really excited to be here and look to contribute to this awesome community! :thumb: