Author Topic: microcontroller problem  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Aran.E99

microcontroller problem
« on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:00:40 »
hi guys,

i have tried to make an ADB to USB converter. it uses the teensy 2.0 as the controller and tmk as the firmware. my problem? I compiled all the files into the correct .hex and used pjrc teensy to put the .hex onto the board. i made a massive error as i forgot to use atmel flip to install it correctly. this resulted in my mouse jumping to the left by about an inch every time the teensy's light comes on. I have gone into settings and disabled the mouse. this fixed it. At this point, i cannot install the usb drivers for flip as i have already flashed to the teensy. i am wondering, after my mistake if i can reverse it i.e. format the controller. problem is, i can use flip to format it, but i can't get the drivers installed to connect it. any help would be much appreciated. oh and please go easy on me, i'm new and i know iv'e made a bad mistake

Aran
SMK 2nd Gen Blue Alps mount <3

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: microcontroller problem
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:19:54 »
Teensy  is not compatible with Atmel FILP tool, use PJRC teensy_loader, instead.

Offline Aran.E99

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:32:09 »
i used pjrc teensy_loader and that is what is happening. maybe i connected to the wrong pin on the teensy? i checked on a tutorial using the same code. thanks

Aran

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:45:33 »
The only 'wrong' pin to use on a Teensy 2.0 is D6 as it is attached to the onboard LED - if you're using that one swap it to any other pin and correct the firmware and you should be good :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Aran.E99

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:49:02 »
thanks guys, my mistake, i had accidentily flowed the solder from PD0 and connected PD1 which must have caused some sort of glitch. its all working now, all i need to do is to re-do the keymap (i have a british layout of the IIgs)  :p

Aran

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 21:04:57 »
Can you post pic of you UK IIgs keyboard? I didn't see that ever.
And it would be appreciated if you could post output of 'hid_listen' when plug-in. I like to know its handler ID.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/#debugging

Offline Aran.E99

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 13:21:10 »
you want to see a picture of the keyboard with the microcontroller in it? (i will post this when i get a chance to take some photos) also, since you, hasu, are the brains behind it, i would like to ask how i can replace the '$' for '£'. i know keymapping works off of arrays but i do not know how to modify the shift array.

thanks,
Aran

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 16:06:32 »
I thought you had UK ISO layout model(with short left Shift) but I understand that it does not exist after reading this wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIGS#International_versions UK model just has diffrent keycap symbol but sitll its layout is same as US one. So ignore my post.

I think how to input '£' depends on your OS configuration.
BTW, in my configuration to get the character I had to press 'Gui+space, p, o, n, d, o, space, Gui+space' in Japanese IME :D

Offline Aran.E99

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 16:19:40 »
haha, i bet that was fun! also, 2 more questions, i don't have n key rollover so i cannot press more than one key at once. can I enable this in the matrix file? if not will it work if i solder zener diodes across the switches? it's a great keyboard but awful for playing games (i tested it with cs:go) and i would hate to solder to it any more than i have :( . also, how can i have fn keys?. i will use the big power button as the 'fn' then i want the number keys to be f1-f12 and then i also would like to have the 'option' button as the alt key since it is not used in your code (i think). i should be able to do it myself, i just need to know where to begin.

Aran

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 18:31:02 »
Short answer is no and no.
And start at this link and check github wiki and issues too.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/doc/keymap.md

Offline Aran.E99

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 14:32:04 »
thanks for the link,

i got my dell at101w now so i will use the apple as a secondary board at the other end of my desk for media.

the software problems i am having with windows and my dell at101 will be my next challenge :D

regards,
Aran

Offline tufty

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 01:32:51 »
If you want NKRO, as you seem to if you're thinking about soldering diodes across the switches, you'll need to cut the traces on the PCB and wire up your own matrix, bypassing the onboard electronics entirely, wire direct to the teensy and use one of the matrix versions of TMK rather than ADB-USB.

Offline Aran.E99

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 16:43:38 »
yeah, i gathered, personally, i couldn't bring myself to put a blade near my apple IIgs keyboard :(. i guess it will have to stay as it is (and hopefully get another vintage mechanical that i can use :p )