Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 624904 times)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 12:37:02 »
I'll be honest, I have a ton of mice, but ever since getting the EC1 I haven't had any interest in using another mouse, mainly because the idea of installing or running a mouse driver package seems so pointless.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1201 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 12:56:38 »
I'll be honest, I have a ton of mice, but ever since getting the EC1 I haven't had any interest in using another mouse, mainly because the idea of installing or running a mouse driver package seems so pointless.
I'm nearly opposite; while I do like simple driverless mice like the Abyssus I prefer to have some decent software to go with the mice, but that's mostly because the ability to rebind keys and have macros is a huge plus in the games I've been playing for quite some time now.
Although when I have a period of mostly multiplayer FPS gaming I find that I don't use software at all, I hardly even use the side buttons on mice.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1202 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 17:27:50 »

It's true having a mouse that runs without any need for extra software/drivers is purity for the fanatics out there.  I am happy now to never load any extra software because the mouse only needs to do one thing, control the cursor and move it around the screen.

I'm still using my Frankenstein MX500 and I can't leave it alone, I feel like a disgusting pervert always feeling the body of the mouse for pure joy.  This input device was my first ever purchase of a Logitech product and it still brings back good memories of my youth  :thumb: .  The Mrs is not allowed to touch or handle this mouse, but knowing her, when I'm back on site she has free reign over everything in the house.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1203 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 17:44:23 »
secretely you want her to touch the mouse...
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1204 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 21:03:52 »
secretely you want her to touch the mouse...

I actually like her touching something else but won't elaborate that in public here  ;D

She has small hands for a woman hence the G9x is slightly large for her but she likes that it is heavy and stays put on the mouse pad when she types.  The wmo which she has been using for years is just too light even for her and she hates when she types the cursor on the screen moves.  With the G9x it stays still.

The MX500 is way too big for her but knowing her, she never runs away from large objects, it attracts her intensely to find out how it feels.  Who am I to stand in her way  8) .

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1205 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:15:04 »
I've been surprised to find out how well build is the ugly dell mouse made in the Latitude D series era. My mum has been using one for about five years and it wasn't even new, when she got it, but it still looks completely untouched (except dirty wheel, but it's easy to clean). The shape is absolutely boring ambidextrous OEM something, which is okay IMO, but the greatness hides inside... Logitech logo, Japanese omrons, interesting system of weights and other goodness...

Offline N1ne

• Nub
« Reply #1206 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:52:11 »
Just got the logitech g500s and it's fantastic, five customizable on the fly sensitivity levels, weights and a fabric chord.

Love it!

Had a Roccat Kone before, and I'd say this is better.
Ahhh cripes Eva! Just sign it yourself will ya? I'm busy!

We do what we must because we can.

Offline dmbr

« Reply #1207 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:08:14 »
The Kone certainly has a better sensor :(

Offline N1ne

• Nub
« Reply #1208 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:17:21 »

When it comes down to it the Kone fell apart on me a bit, it stopped detecting weights, a few of the lights stopped working and sometimes Windows didn't detect it so I had to unplug it and plug it back in again to get it working again.  So really the G500S is such a nice change for me because I came from such a broken Kone.  Not a fair comparison really.

Sensor wise I believe we are quite far past the point where sensor resolution matters, it's become a numbers game, a bit like contrast ratios on TV's.  Just my opinion.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1209 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:52:20 »

When it comes down to it the Kone fell apart on me a bit, it stopped detecting weights, a few of the lights stopped working and sometimes Windows didn't detect it so I had to unplug it and plug it back in again to get it working again.  So really the G500S is such a nice change for me because I came from such a broken Kone.  Not a fair comparison really.

Sensor wise I believe we are quite far past the point where sensor resolution matters, it's become a numbers game, a bit like contrast ratios on TV's.  Just my opinion.

He's not talking about the DPI.
He's talking about optical vs laser sensors.

Offline N1ne

• Nub
« Reply #1210 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 21:31:29 »

He's not talking about the DPI.
He's talking about optical vs laser sensors.

They're both laser.

Offline dmbr

« Reply #1211 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:46:22 »
Oops, I read "Kone Pure Optical" somehow...

Well, the g400 has a better sensor then ;)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1212 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 19:05:02 »
Well, the g400 has a better sensor then ;)

You better believe it pal  :thumb: .

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1213 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 03:44:16 »
My favorite mous is the mx510. it fits my hand (my hands is very large) and it is nearly indestructible.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline histevenhere

• Student
« Reply #1214 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 18:54:42 »
Microsoft wheel mouse optical !! It matches my 55g rf white as well :D
HHKB PRO 2, DAS ULTIMATE, SIIG MINITOUCH, KBT PURE, IBM MODEL M, MICROSOFT COMFORT CURVE 2000, CHERRY G84-4100, TG3-TP, QUICKFIRE RAPID, REALFORCE 87u

Offline Johan

« Reply #1215 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 19:41:47 »
I got a new mouse a few days ago, the salmosa asian edition.
 Its tiny and lovely, I've spent a bit of time with it now so I've developed a grip that works for dota2, But I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to hold it for starcraft. I've tried having my hand at an angle, but it doesn't seem right(maybe I'm angling it too much.) My hands are slightly below average in size.
Its much much lighter than my g9x, it also feel slightly faster at 800dpi on a teamliquid pad, might be less noticeable on hard mat or just me being silly. I don't use the 1800 setting much, pretty much only tried it once.
The left and right click are loud, not obnoxious, but fairly loud. The left button seems to squeak ocationally, (Pretty much like this
), hoping this will go away after using it some more use. My dpi switch was loose and rattles a little when shaking/moving quickly, probably due to rough shipping/bad packing. I've contacted the seller and searched a bit, but I couldn't find any fixes.
Overall: do I like it; Yes, Is it perfect: No, next step is probably something bigger and faster, I was thinking of the fk or kana v2. Next time, I want 1000-1300 dpi and sidebuttons.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 March 2014, 19:53:31 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline zeroni13

« Reply #1216 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 05:26:02 »
I will have to say M.M.O.7, it feels nice and is customizable with different palm rests, weights etc. Also the laser is really good and works on almost any surface.
Phantom with Silver Vortex Case   Keychron Q6 Pro ISO Knob

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1217 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 09:03:22 »
I will have to say M.M.O.7, it feels nice and is customizable with different palm rests, weights etc. Also the laser is really good and works on almost any surface.

I have the rat 7 which is a similar mouse. The customizability is very good but it has compabillity issues with linux that has alot to say for me (I use windows only for work).
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1218 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 08:49:43 »
logitech g400. i also love my zowie fk, but i guess the difference in switches and materials/coating make the g400 the winner for me.

(currently looking into the steelseries kana v2 as well. looks very promising! just want to make sure it does not need drivers/software to function properly, before i order it..)
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1219 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 13:43:38 »
logitech g400. i also love my zowie fk, but i guess the difference in switches and materials/coating make the g400 the winner for me.

(currently looking into the steelseries kana v2 as well. looks very promising! just want to make sure it does not need drivers/software to function properly, before i order it..)

I have an mx510 and g400 would be my first choice if I bought  a new mouse.

The LAN table!

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1220 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 16:04:26 »

i'd say that would be a great choice :D
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline boradori007

• I'm trippin bear balls.
« Reply #1221 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 02:14:37 »
Zowie Mico, best mouse ever.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1222 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 07:29:45 »

Yup, not many mice thats fits my hand/is comfortable for me.

The LAN table!

Offline PolaBurrr

« Reply #1223 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 12:20:59 »

the mx518 and it's variations' shape feels weird to me, with the ridge where your ring finger is. What always ended up happening for me is my ring finger sticks out further to the right and my pinky is uncomfortably tucked underneath it gripping the right edge. So ambi shape for me :D. But I can see how many would like the mx shape.

Offline lunr

« Reply #1224 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 02:08:52 »
Logitech G500 and the MX Revolution will always be dear to my heart. I just love the shape of the mouse and how it fits my hand perfectly.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1225 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 02:19:51 »
logitech G600 and SS Kona are both on my desk. Kona is for CS:GO only.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1226 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 03:01:01 »
logitech G600 and SS Kona are both on my desk. Kona is for CS:GO only.

Didn't know SS made coffee now.
 :p

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1227 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 03:39:39 »

the mx518 and it's variations' shape feels weird to me, with the ridge where your ring finger is. What always ended up happening for me is my ring finger sticks out further to the right and my pinky is uncomfortably tucked underneath it gripping the right edge. So ambi shape for me :D. But I can see how many would like the mx shape.

of course, no such thing as one mouse that fits all hands/grips.

The LAN table!

Offline michael730

« Reply #1228 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 05:07:06 »
Roccat Pure Kone optical
perfect for my medium hands fingertip style grip built quality blow my Deathadder g400s rival and nasicta out of the water
its funny because its actually cheaper

the switches feel perfect and the sensor is flawless the scroll wheel is perfect too never seen this scroll wheel before

i disabled the lights on mine in the options and made the DPI + - buttons raise volume and lower volume with the program i get with it it save up all configuration inside the mouse so i don't need to install drivers everywhere i go its perfect very underrated mouse if you have small or medium hands  and you use fingertip grip

i have 17.5 cm size hands
i think its weight around 90g
and i use 800 dpi 6/11

its just feel solid and not shallow like my other mouses

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #1229 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 09:19:18 »
Roccat Pure Kone optical
perfect for my medium hands fingertip style grip built quality blow my Deathadder g400s rival and nasicta out of the water
its funny because its actually cheaper

the switches feel perfect and the sensor is flawless the scroll wheel is perfect too never seen this scroll wheel before

i disabled the lights on mine in the options and made the DPI + - buttons raise volume and lower volume with the program i get with it it save up all configuration inside the mouse so i don't need to install drivers everywhere i go its perfect very underrated mouse if you have small or medium hands  and you use fingertip grip

i have 17.5 cm size hands
i think its weight around 90g
and i use 800 dpi 6/11

its just feel solid and not shallow like my other mouses

I had a Roccat Kone Pure sometime ago as well. It's the only mice I really miss after selling it.

Anyways, what you also forgot to mention are those awesome teflon feet it has, the thing feels like a bar of soap no matter where you put it. Some people may dislike that, but I really loved it.

Also, the scroll wheel encoder is made by ALPS, some people who prefer lighter scroll wheels really hate it, but people who like accurate scroll wheels really love mice that use it (myself included, I switch weapons using the scroll wheel and anything else is just crap for doing it).
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1230 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 23:23:33 »
~5 minutes with the EC1 eVo and I'm officially a Zowie fan-boy. This thing is nothing short of spectacular.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #1231 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 01:09:21 »
~5 minutes with the EC1 eVo and I'm officially a Zowie fan-boy. This thing is nothing short of spectacular.

How so? Build quality?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1232 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 01:15:03 »
Is it weird that I'm not a big Zowie fan since they were ****ish to me when I tried to get them to sponsor a single mouse to an /r/buildapc giveaway?  They're a local company and I know their mice don't cost much to make, so it annoyed me when they blew me off when I tried to get them to sponsor a sub of 100k+ subscribers.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1233 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 07:23:50 »
Is it weird that I'm not a big Zowie fan since they were ****ish to me when I tried to get them to sponsor a single mouse to an /r/buildapc giveaway?  They're a local company and I know their mice don't cost much to make, so it annoyed me when they blew me off when I tried to get them to sponsor a sub of 100k+ subscribers.

i don't really agree on that we should think companies should always just act like that. typically they only do things like that to get people to think they're cool or something. in most cases it makes companies look like something they are (absolutely) not, which is considerate and generous.
some random free givaway is none of their business and in my opinion it's not necessarily a bad thing for a company to decline a request like that.
i could understand if you think it's a cheap move, but they are a company after all :j

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1234 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 07:36:34 »

i don't really agree on that we should think companies should always just act like that. typically they only do things like that to get people to think they're cool or something. in most cases it makes companies look like something they are (absolutely) not, which is considerate and generous.
some random free givaway is none of their business and in my opinion it's not necessarily a bad thing for a company to decline a request like that.
i could understand if you think it's a cheap move, but they are a company after all :j

The "it's a company" defence isn't really all that effective. Yes, the point of a company is to make money, but what consumers like to see is companies that actually enjoy what they're doing and are making money off of it so they can keep doing what they love and give their customers what they want.

So while they aren't obligated to do anything, refusing the request does go against the image they're putting out of themselves as a passionate company with a primary goal to make quality gear, rather than a cynical company only in it to make big profits.

TLDR; they don't have to do anything, but not bothering sponsoring something that major with something that cheap is insanely bad PR and makes the entire company look bad.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1235 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 07:46:10 »
strong point. i guess you've won me over :j

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1236 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:15:38 »
A single mouse wouldn't break the bank, and would've given them a decent amount of publicity. Bad move by them IMO.

That being said...

Welcome to light!

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #1237 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 07:24:22 »
I wish I knew what's good about Zowie mice, so I can see the light as well. :/

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #1238 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 09:17:52 »

They seem to be the most accurate mice I've ever used personally. I think the best thing is no extra software to deal with. Although many prefer to adjust their dpi down to the pixel.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1239 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 09:30:32 »

They're well-built simple mice with no software to bother with. There's also the shape, and while shape is subjective, the type of shapes Zowie mice have are some of the more popular ones, so a lot of people will like the shape.
And some people like that. Zowie makes some of the best no-fuss mice on the market atm.

I've got to admit that I am a fan of feature mice, but I can also see why a lot of people don't want to bother with clunky software and a bunch more parts that are just additional points of failure, at a higher price point even with possible skimping on build quality in hopes that it won't be noticed over the dazzle of the features.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1240 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:14:30 »
Personally I don't like software with mouses. Way to many crappy software solutions with no/little cross platform support.

The LAN table!

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1241 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 18:07:28 »
many mice actually start to behave (very) differently after installing drivers for them (drivers can cause things like input lag and jittering).
i'll only install drivers if they're actually needed or when they are known to fix certain issues.

anyway; currently i'm enjoying a logitech g400.
i recently ordered 2 new shells for it because the rubber is starting to come off. i suppose i should clean it a little less often, and a little less roughly ;p
also going to try and get some spare cables for it since many people have had issues with them.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1242 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 18:10:43 »
The G400 definitely ISN'T my favorite mouse. Back to the savu I guess.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1243 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 18:19:27 »
G400 definitely ISN'T my favorite

:(

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1244 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 23:05:32 »
daddy needs a new mouse, zowie or logitech? I have a sensei but the chrome wore off, want something different.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1245 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 00:34:46 »
daddy needs a new mouse, zowie or logitech? I have a sensei but the chrome wore off, want something different.
What kind of mouse does he need? (size of the hand, how many Buttons, wire/wireless)

The LAN table!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1246 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 03:56:31 »
G400 definitely ISN'T my favorite

:(

I actually kinda expected that, only couldn't resist the price.

I understand why some people like the shape, but it's not for me, as a fingertip-grip user with rather small hands. Although I like wide mice, this one is too wide and there's no rest for the pinkie. It's kinda flat as well, despite not being ambidextrous.

Wheel click is kinda meh too and lack of on-board memory and something like Roccat's EasyShift definitely doesn't help.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1247 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 10:02:44 »
The G400 definitely ISN'T my favorite mouse. Back to the savu I guess.

How do you like the Savu for fingertip? I was considering it, but the "hump" placement seemed like it would force you to palm it if you didn't arch your hand a bit (I picked up the Kone Pure optical instead).

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1248 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 11:23:31 »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1249 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 12:38:01 »
I'm seriously thinking about dumping most of my mice and getting a few more EC1s for back up. I absolutely can't stand mouse software anymore since using the Zowie.