Author Topic: DCS Midnight Keyset  (Read 34970 times)

Offline SMKNGNZ

DCS Midnight Keyset
« on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 21:25:05 »
We will be releasing a slightly modified version of Matt3o's 2014 classic Midnight Keyset this Thursday, September 13th. At Matt3o's request, the various midnight modifier kits were molded in a slightly lighter gray (GUG) to allow for some contrast with the Base set (GB). Midnight is a two-shot sculptured DCS set molded in ABS material. Sets will be available in the KeyShop at 9:00am PT.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: DCS Midnight Keyset
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 21:56:12 »
Wow I'm using the set right now, in for at least 3 I'm a fan :thumb:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 22:07:08 »
We will be releasing a slightly modified version of Matt3o's 2014 classic Midnight Keyset this Thursday, September 13th. At Matt3o's request, the various midnight modifier kits were molded in a slightly lighter gray (GUG) to allow for some contrast with the Base set (GB). Midnight is a two-shot sculptured DCS set molded in ABS material. Sets will be available in the KeyShop at 9:00am PT.

That's great news.  I love DCS

Offline M

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 22:28:07 »
Any plans to do other dcs sets?

Offline SMKNGNZ

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 22:53:22 »
We have basic two-shot black on white and white on black keysets scheduled to run next. Did you have a particular set in mind?

Offline M

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 16:06:41 »
We have basic two-shot black on white and white on black keysets scheduled to run next. Did you have a particular set in mind?

Ideally I'd want skull squadron, but I seriously doubt the chances of that happening...

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 17:18:22 »
Woah, very nice. I have been meaning to try DCS and that was always one of the standout colorways.

Looking forward to it, hopefully the compatibility isn't too expensive!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:41:16 »
So, in a nutshell, this is the same as midnight r1, but the modifiers have a slightly lighter shade of gray for more contrast, right?  So the midnight modifiers are lighter gray with the mint green text, and the twilight modifiers are mint green with the lighter gray text.  Yes?

Man, those photos on the website are pretty terrible in terms of color accuracy. You've got to do better than this:

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:50:55 »
oof $136 for base, mods, and 7u basic comp. Agreed with pixelpusher, some better images might help you out!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 10:23:49 »
Images are updated now.  They look a lot better.

More here
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 September 2018, 10:33:36 by pixelpusher »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 08:28:26 »
Love how this set looks. At first I thought the extra contrast in the mods ruined the look, but now that I see it in person I'm a big fan.

Pic attached, with a GMK Taro spacebar (while I was waiting for the 7u DCS one to arrive).
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 08:58:47 »
Love how this set looks. At first I thought the extra contrast in the mods ruined the look, but now that I see it in person I'm a big fan.

Pic attached, with a GMK Taro spacebar (while I was waiting for the 7u DCS one to arrive).

That accent color actually looks really good with the set!