Author Topic: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - BCP and Zyko Comparisons! Most Vendors Announced!  (Read 12336 times)

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | BOCC
Re: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - More Sound Tests!
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 16:59:35 »
If by any reason I'm not able to join this GB, I really really hope you guys would consider in-stock.

Offline hong@RebultKeyboards

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Re: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - More Sound Tests!
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 20:59:05 »
Would like to see force graph.
Working on it!

Will be interesting to see a comparison between these two switches and bcp & zyco. There’s been some recent efforts to replicate these frankens, but afaik, or imo at least, no actual substitutes yet. No info on the springs though, stock JWK/Durock? Springs are very much preference so it’s not a deal breaker if they’re not all that, but it would be interesting if you did some experimentation with the usual suspects.
We have gone with the stock route this time around, but the Harimau will be using a longer 16mm spring to reduce ping to the minimum after some experimentation. As you said, spring is very much preference so we decided to go with the safe route that everyone's familiar with and the people with more specific preferences for springs will be able to swap them out. From our testing, the stock options are definitely sufficient.

After the sound tests....c-mon, put a price tag on it and lets go with the GB! :)
We will try to accelerate things! Just waiting on the coloured samples now and finalizing with vendors. We can't wait for these to be out there too!

If by any reason I'm not able to join this GB, I really really hope you guys would consider in-stock.
Will definitely make sure to have a decent amount of extras afterwards, then if demand is still there, we will coordinate with the vendors to meet MOQ and do future restock runs.

Offline hong@RebultKeyboards

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
BCP and Zyko Comparisons are up!
Also, most vendors are announced.
Currently waiting for coloured samples to arrive in order to set concrete dates, they have been produced and is on the way to us!

Offline Charks!

Just stripped my Tofu for rebuilt, definitely will wait & put these in. Giving my support for fellow Malaysian & for a good cause  :thumb:

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | BOCC
Yo my local vendor Zion was approved? Awesome. Looking forward to this!
(And the switch force curve graphs too lol)
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 June 2021, 02:32:06 by lush_bunny »

Offline noorejji

Convincing sound test. Looking forward to GB