Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2780005 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #1350 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 07:21:18 »
Using my Ducky G2Pro with stock MX Clears. Bought this board, loved it for a day, started to dislike it the next day. Left it in its box for a month or so, but damn it feels amazing to be back on Clears... So easy not to bottom out, it's insane. Raw tactility, love it. I can't imagine how freaking good ergo-clears is going to feel (62/65g).

What did you make dislike it after the first day?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline bianco

« Reply #1351 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:12:47 »
using ducky g2pro and wasd code. both mx clears.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1352 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:52:28 »

Do you like the Code? Thinking about ordering one sooner or later.. Anxious to try out Clears, coming from Browns and Topre.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1353 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 15:34:52 »
Using my Ducky G2Pro with stock MX Clears. Bought this board, loved it for a day, started to dislike it the next day. Left it in its box for a month or so, but damn it feels amazing to be back on Clears... So easy not to bottom out, it's insane. Raw tactility, love it. I can't imagine how freaking good ergo-clears is going to feel (62/65g).

Same reason I got tired of it today as well, I start pressing the keys a bit too hard sometimes, especially while gaming, thus they feel a bit too heavy. I really want 62g or 65g ergo-clears...
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1354 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 19:24:40 »
Fixed up a broken deck legend with blue lights and blacks. Got a replacement cable, and Spacebar was broken as was a capacitor, but those issues are now fixed.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1355 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 02:37:43 »

Do you like the Code? Thinking about ordering one sooner or later.. Anxious to try out Clears, coming from Browns and Topre.

yes, i do like the code in spite of the costar stablizers, which i'm not a fan of.
i've settled on mx clears after using topre (55g), mx brown and mx reds.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1356 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 09:40:57 »

yes, i do like the code in spite of the costar stablizers, which i'm not a fan of.

What's wrong with Costar stabilizers?

Offline bianco

« Reply #1357 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 10:26:31 »

just a personal preference.
the cherry stabilizers are more convenient when replacing keycaps.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1358 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 10:45:15 »

Thanks. Good thing to know, thinking about ordering a Code later.

Offline aref

« Reply #1359 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 11:15:18 »
[/quote]

[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As  bianco said, it's personal preference. I prefer Cherry to Costar stabilizers because they operate smoothly, are easy to work with, and provide excellent key stability.

Today's keyboard: Corsair K65/MX Red; and it has quiet/smooth Cherry stabilizers.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 May 2014, 11:46:12 by aref »

Offline Txduck

« Reply #1360 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 19:40:08 »
I'm using a Ducky 9087 S3 TKL with MX blues/red o-rings. The alphanumeric keys are black PBT double shots.

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 May 2014, 20:50:50 by Txduck »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1361 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 19:43:40 »
Back on this after rotating through some Cherry MX keyboards for a few days.

FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Txduck

« Reply #1362 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 19:46:01 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 May 2014, 19:53:39 by Txduck »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1363 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 00:49:15 »

Cherry might be more convenient, but less forgiving of warped keycaps, especially the longer ones like r-shift and space bar.

Costar is more fiddly to change, but much more tolerant of imperfect keycaps as the Costar stabiliser inserts can have quite a lot of lateral motion without affecting the switch operation.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1364 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 01:05:47 »
Went back to my luber-stickered ergo-clear recently. Added an hid ld, some Originative Dolch which have a nice thickness. Put rubberized washers in-between all the internal screws and added one of those soft, non-slip mats to the inside of the Vortex case to soften and stabilize the overall feel. Finally, added a strip of Decal Grip to the bottom of the case for slippage. Overall feeling is extremely solid, allowing the full feel of the switches to be transferred to the fingertips. It's almost like typing on a solid block of granite, but with no reverberation.

Offline Txduck

« Reply #1365 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 03:29:36 »
Went back to my luber-stickered ergo-clear recently. Added an hid ld, some Originative Dolch which have a nice thickness. Put rubberized washers in-between all the internal screws and added one of those soft, non-slip mats to the inside of the Vortex case to soften and stabilize the overall feel. Finally, added a strip of Decal Grip to the bottom of the case for slippage. Overall feeling is extremely solid, allowing the full feel of the switches to be transferred to the fingertips. It's almost like typing on a solid block of granite, but with no reverberation.

Sounds pretty cool turtle, but what is "Decal Grip"? I've never heard of it.

Offline aref

« Reply #1366 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 10:27:43 »
Realforce 87UB/55-gram
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 May 2014, 10:29:52 by aref »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1367 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 10:35:53 »

Same reason I got tired of it today as well, I start pressing the keys a bit too hard sometimes, especially while gaming, thus they feel a bit too heavy. I really want 62g or 65g ergo-clears...

I agree, clears felt heavy for a day or two, but after using them almost exclusively for a week, they're by far my favourite. I can now go back and forth between my clears and my reds, and it only takes a few moments to adapt to the different weights.

Some people say whites are even better than clears, makes me want to try those next.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1368 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 10:42:42 »

I agree, clears felt heavy for a day or two, but after using them almost exclusively for a week, they're by far my favourite. I can now go back and forth between my clears and my reds, and it only takes a few moments to adapt to the different weights.

Some people say whites are even better than clears, makes me want to try those next.

What do you especially like about them? I am wondering whether in practice it types lighter because the switch and the actuation force prevents you from bottoming out compared to my Browns. I am a bit worried that 65g springs on the code is a bit too heavy, coming from 45g Browns.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1369 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 14:12:51 »
What do you especially like about them? I am wondering whether in practice it types lighter because the switch and the actuation force prevents you from bottoming out compared to my Browns. I am a bit worried that 65g springs on the code is a bit too heavy, coming from 45g Browns.

They feel as tactile as my blues, slightly heavier, and they're quiet. I live in a dorm residence 8 months of the year, and people complained about my blues last year to no end.

I find that I bottom out the long stabilized keys on my clears, but not the other keys for whatever reason. Moving over to blues, I find myself bottoming out a bit, but not a lot on the alphas, and actually less on the stabilized keys than I do with the clears. I may just have trouble telling when I bottom out with the blues, I mostly identify that by feel.

Compared to browns, I definitely bottom out less than the browns when I'm typing fast, but if I slow down and try to focus on not bottoming out, I do much better. And then we have the reds which I bottom out on at least half the keystrokes, more if I'm racing to type fast. All told, I bottom out more often on lighter boards.

I guess if I really think about it, my preference is for highly tactile boards, and my living situation demands quiet boards. That makes clears the ticket. With reds, I try to emulate tactility by bottoming out, which makes it less efficient, but still fun to type on.

I got my clears by doing a switch swap, so I had the opportunity to try stock clears and clears with blue springs. Yes, there was the hanging issue that we so often hear about that's solved with 62 or 65g springs, but even without that, I felt the difference in weight was little enough that I could get used to them. Coming from browns, which are less tactile and have a lower actuation force based on the spring, it makes it that much more difficult to adjust. When I went from browns to blues, the latter felt heavier based on it being more tactile. However, I was able to adjust. Going to clears was again a smaller adjustment, as the spring just got a bit heavier.

If you're looking for more tactility without noise or increased weight, ergo clears are the way to go. If you're okay with noise and just want more tactility, go for blues instead. Several users here mod boards for others (myself included) and I'm sure any of us would be happy to do a spring swap for you.

From my tests with fake ergo clears, I found that it was still easy to not bottom out, part of that is due to the switch design, rather than the spring.

I've written all this over four keyboards, and I'm still not sure if I've answered your question or not :P  Hopefully I at least shed some light on the situation.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1370 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 15:19:45 »

They feel as tactile as my blues, slightly heavier, and they're quiet. I live in a dorm residence 8 months of the year, and people complained about my blues last year to no end.

I find that I bottom out the long stabilized keys on my clears, but not the other keys for whatever reason. Moving over to blues, I find myself bottoming out a bit, but not a lot on the alphas, and actually less on the stabilized keys than I do with the clears. I may just have trouble telling when I bottom out with the blues, I mostly identify that by feel.

Compared to browns, I definitely bottom out less than the browns when I'm typing fast, but if I slow down and try to focus on not bottoming out, I do much better. And then we have the reds which I bottom out on at least half the keystrokes, more if I'm racing to type fast. All told, I bottom out more often on lighter boards.

I guess if I really think about it, my preference is for highly tactile boards, and my living situation demands quiet boards. That makes clears the ticket. With reds, I try to emulate tactility by bottoming out, which makes it less efficient, but still fun to type on.

I got my clears by doing a switch swap, so I had the opportunity to try stock clears and clears with blue springs. Yes, there was the hanging issue that we so often hear about that's solved with 62 or 65g springs, but even without that, I felt the difference in weight was little enough that I could get used to them. Coming from browns, which are less tactile and have a lower actuation force based on the spring, it makes it that much more difficult to adjust. When I went from browns to blues, the latter felt heavier based on it being more tactile. However, I was able to adjust. Going to clears was again a smaller adjustment, as the spring just got a bit heavier.

If you're looking for more tactility without noise or increased weight, ergo clears are the way to go. If you're okay with noise and just want more tactility, go for blues instead. Several users here mod boards for others (myself included) and I'm sure any of us would be happy to do a spring swap for you.

From my tests with fake ergo clears, I found that it was still easy to not bottom out, part of that is due to the switch design, rather than the spring.

I've written all this over four keyboards, and I'm still not sure if I've answered your question or not :P  Hopefully I at least shed some light on the situation.

Thanks for the thorough explanation, this is exactly what I was looking for! Some questions, hope you don't mind :) What exactly are ergo clears? If it's the spring mod, what weight are the new springs? And also, the Code has 65 Clears, but I also read that some boards ship with 55s? Or is it always 65? And lastly, can you advise a good quality board with Clears? (like Filco IMHO)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1371 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 19:34:53 »
Thanks for the thorough explanation, this is exactly what I was looking for! Some questions, hope you don't mind :) What exactly are ergo clears? If it's the spring mod, what weight are the new springs? And also, the Code has 65 Clears, but I also read that some boards ship with 55s? Or is it always 65? And lastly, can you advise a good quality board with Clears? (like Filco IMHO)

Going to take this to PM, seeing as this thread isn't really the place for it.

On topic: Back to browns (Nighthawk x8) for the moment. Probably related to helping iLLucionist :P

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1372 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 13:43:56 »
[Happily] My G80-2100

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1373 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:28:00 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:33:40 by HPE1000 »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1374 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:48:27 »

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1375 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:50:37 »
Show Image

So cool! This will be the pic I will show to people when arguing whether under glow is better than translucent keycaps.  :))
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1376 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:52:34 »
Show Image

So cool! This will be the pic I will show to people when arguing whether under glow is better than translucent keycaps.  :))

Trans sucks.. I have yet to see a design that spreads light evenly

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1377 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:57:47 »
Thanks people :)

I wonder what it will look like when I get a green aluminum plate for it, right now it has a crystal clear acrylic plate on it and it glows that well, it can only get better I guess :P

"FaceW"

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1378 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:25:29 »

I wonder what it will look like when I get a green aluminum plate for it, right now it has a crystal clear acrylic plate on it and it glows that well, it can only get better I guess :P

"FaceW"
Show Image

Dat underglow!
Hmm, would a green plate or a mirror finish plate help with diffusing the underglow better?
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1379 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:35:12 »

"FaceW"
Show Image

Dat underglow!
Hmm, would a green plate or a mirror finish plate help with diffusing the underglow better?
Yes, it's the reason most stock backlit keyboards have it, a plate matching the color of the backlight. Makes it super even. Mirrored plates also do that, but I am sure an actual colored plate would be better.

I'm still waiting on the green plate, but there is no hurry since I don't really want to desolder all of the switches and leds right away lol

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1380 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:38:52 »
Not sure about the 59g clears yet, but -
IMG_1858.jpg by tjcaustin, on Flickr

The case is having a party for a few days, but will update with a pic then.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1381 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:39:53 »

"FaceW"
Show Image

Dat underglow!
Yes, it's the reason most stock backlit keyboards have it, a plate matching the color of the backlight. Makes it super even. Mirrored plates also do that, but I am sure an actual colored plate would be better.

I'm still waiting on the green plate, but there is no hurry since I don't really want to desolder all of the switches and leds right away lol

How about green transparent acrylic vs green aluminum plate?  :eek:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1382 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:47:18 »
Show Image

Is this an SP/GMK hybrid I see, or are those Olivetti?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1383 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:49:22 »
Show Image

No hybrid, but not real olivetti.  Is gmk olivetti, cmyk and purple.  Case is getting PCed in olivetti blue right now.  I also cabled everything in blue and am prepping my snowball to get painted blue.  I might be going to a theme.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1384 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:00:50 »

No hybrid, but not real olivetti.  Is gmk olivetti, cmyk and purple.  Case is getting PCed in olivetti blue right now.  I also cabled everything in blue and am prepping my snowball to get painted blue.  I might be going to a theme.

#legit #sifoTM ?

Also, looks like I need to find me some GMK Olivetti now...   :rolleyes:

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1385 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:21:28 »
Show Image

I usually don't like that many colors in a cherry legend layout, but God Damn... that's hot

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 11:58:32 »
Typing on my FC660M with clears, I keep reaching for the number pad that isn't there.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 16:20:36 »
My Realforce. Played some WoW, thus had to pull out the TKL. ^^^

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 16:50:52 »
Typing on my FC660M with clears, I keep reaching for the number pad that isn't there.

Time to get a cool numpad for that baby!

Offline aref

« Reply #1389 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 16:52:57 »
Corsair K65/MX Red today. My 87UB/55-gram is on holiday.

Expecting a CMQFR/MX Blue (had given it to someone, but she's wants and is getting an FM2/MX Blue.
I'm curious to do a side-by-side comparison of MX-Red/Blue KBs. I'm not willing to let go of the MX Red
keyboard, but I'm curious about feeling the difference between these MX switches. What better way
to do this than to do a side-by-side comparison?

Offline Rafen

« Reply #1390 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:25:57 »
Using my new Realforce 87u / 55g and all I can say is it's amazing.  hate the fact that I waited so long to try topre but I am absolutely loving them.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #1391 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:58:26 »
Pardon the potatoes!

Dream keyset would be the white on purple moogle set, a White on dark grey alpha set, and to tie the board together....

MOD EDIT: NUKED FROM ORBIT

:p

Edit: odd, looks blue, should be purple ><

MAD PROPS to TheChemist for hooking me up with the fixins!

DOUBLE EDIT: the top color is Illusion purple, looks a sweet purple in person, in pix it looks blue... QQ

TRIPLE EDIT!!: so the CC/BB for the ESC and once i get the white windowed/dark grey windowed Fn keys from the group buy. THAT would be my dream keyset :p

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:23:21 by mkawa »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1392 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:35:25 »
Dark purple in general is hard to take an accurate picture of. Many camera sensors just make it look blue  :-[

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1393 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:36:57 »
Pardon the potatoes!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Dream keyset would be the white on purple moogle set, a White on dark grey alpha set, and to tie the board together....

MOD EDIT: NUKED FROM ORBIT

:p

Edit: odd, looks blue, should be purple ><

MAD PROPS to TheChemist for hooking me up with the fixins!

DOUBLE EDIT: the top color is Illusion purple, looks a sweet purple in person, in pix it looks blue... QQ

TRIPLE EDIT!!: so the CC/BB for the ESC and once i get the white windowed/dark grey windowed Fn keys from the group buy. THAT would be my dream keyset :p

what case is that?

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #1394 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:38:32 »
it's a KMAC LE.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1395 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:39:21 »
PCB mount Ergo Dox. Pics later!

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1396 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:40:41 »

why pcb mount?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1397 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:31:19 »

why pcb mount?

It used to be a friend's, which he assembled, and he decided he didn't like the acrylic cases so he was going to make his own wooden base/tray. I don't have that tray right now so I'm using it on two mousepads :) Kind of like its naked look because the PCB is really pretty!

I set the theme of the board so it looks clean. Now I just wait for Penumbra!!!

Click on photos or open in a new tab for higher/full resolution!

« Last Edit: Thu, 08 May 2014, 03:30:03 by VesperSAINT »

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1398 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:37:32 »
That looks really nice!
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1399 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:40:14 »
That looks really nice!

Thanks :3 Glad you like it! There aren't really anything special on it but I just like how it looks overall.