Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2780052 times)

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #1500 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 12:08:57 »
Also isn't that a Poker II backlite or is it different?

I think it's pretty much same KB, but correct me if I'm wrong..

We're gonna need some participation from others to shine the light on this.

Please people, state your knowledge over this tormenting question of ours.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1501 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 12:22:32 »
Well, the case is different. The FN layer is different IIRC, and then there's this; "The V60 is unique as it has dual LED backlight, options include switchable red/ blue and blue/green. The board has 6 brightness settings as well as a 'breath' setting (dim to bright) in both colours. Backlight colour can be changed on the fly using ' Alt ' + ' \ '"

FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1502 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 12:23:33 »
I'm kinda getting interested in a plate mounted 60% with clears, and it looks like the V60 will be the only one in production (in July?). Is it programmable?

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #1503 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 12:26:15 »
Well, the case is different. The FN layer is different IIRC, and then there's this; "The V60 is unique as it has dual LED backlight, options include switchable red/ blue and blue/green. The board has 6 brightness settings as well as a 'breath' setting (dim to bright) in both colours. Backlight colour can be changed on the fly using ' Alt ' + ' \ '"

Very informative. Many thanks for your insights.

A little question here, does the V60 has a PN layer?

Thanks!

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #1504 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:27:57 »
For this week, Matias Mini Quiet and Goldtouch keypad. It's a nice combination, quiet and efficient.

All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1505 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:53:10 »
For this week, Matias Mini Quiet and Goldtouch keypad. It's a nice combination, quiet and efficient.

Show Image

That tape hurts to look at but I understand. Enjoy that profile!

Today was a beautiful day and my Filco deserved some sun!

The MDPC-X B-Magic almost looks like an exotic snake!

aaaaaand from late last night at the desk:

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:55:18 by VesperSAINT »

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1506 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:58:44 »
^ Nice. Did you get the RGB from Redline?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1507 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:59:38 »
^ Nice. Did you get the RGB from Redline?

Thank you, and yes, the RGB are from Redline :)

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #1508 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:01:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Maaaaaaan. That board is sweet. Frankly, I'm jealous.
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #1509 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:02:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Goddamn you have a keyboard Harem lol.

Nice colors on the Filco. The top five novelties are super nice especially the reverse Balkans flag on top right lol

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1510 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:14:04 »

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. Don't be jealous! Just work towards your dream keyboard slowly, as I did, and you'll eventually get there.

Goddamn you have a keyboard Harem lol.

Nice colors on the Filco. The top five novelties are super nice especially the reverse Balkans flag on top right lol

Fankz! Keyboard Harem... LOL! That one is the F2 set :P Primary colors ftw! Hue.

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #1511 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:18:41 »

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. Don't be jealous! Just work towards your dream keyboard slowly, as I did, and you'll eventually get there.

I actually haven't obtained a click-clack yet, I have no money and am still 15 so I don't have a job yet. I have my eyes on this keyboard: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/qpad-3201-mk50-uk-blue-pro-gaming-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-usb-ps2
Hopefully it will go with my black and orange colour scheme whilst still being affordable.

Sorry about the potato camera - it's the best I have.
Also, those are truly wise, and deeply meaningful words.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 May 2014, 15:08:45 by Protato_Tubby »

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #1512 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:28:39 »

I actually haven't obtained a click-clack yet, I have no money and am still 15 so I don't have a job yet. I have my eyes on this keyboard: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/qpad-3201-mk50-uk-blue-pro-gaming-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-usb-ps2
Hopefully it will go with my black and orange colour scheme whilst still being affordable.

Looks like a nice board, never heard of it.

Anyway buy anything you want. You are still young, and you'll earn many thousand dollars to spend on other boards later on. Get experience (level up), learn what you like, collect keyboards, take care of them, clean them, mod them, sell them later to buy more...

And pimp them out, mostly. Collect keycaps, take pictures, post on Geekhack and Deskthority, recieve nice comments from creepy strangers on the internet. Deal with these strangers and use their poorly developped websites to make shady transactions or organise a trade and use heatware as protection, use expensive-almost-robbery shipping to congo or brazil or japan in order to seal deals and get what you want, leave positive reviews to bros, negative reviews to idiots, pimp your boards with acquired goods, take even nicer picture, receive even nicer comments from even more creepy strangers on the internet.

Eventually meet these creepy strangers at keyboards conferences and engage hipster conversation about unknown boards and mods and korean hentai-shaped mousepads.

Life in the 21st century is truly amazing.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #1513 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:41:16 »

Anyway buy anything you want. You are still young, and you'll earn many thousand dollars to spend on other boards later on. Get experience (level up), learn what you like, collect keyboards, take care of them, clean them, mod them, sell them later to buy more...

And pimp them out, mostly. Collect keycaps, take pictures, post on Geekhack and Deskthority, recieve nice comments from creepy strangers on the internet. Deal with these strangers and use their poorly developped websites to make shady transactions or organise a trade and use heatware as protection, use expensive-almost-robbery shipping to congo or brazil or japan in order to seal deals and get what you want, leave positive reviews to bros, negative reviews to idiots, pimp your boards with acquired goods, take even nicer picture, receive even nicer comments from even more creepy strangers on the internet.

Eventually meet these creepy strangers at keyboards conferences and engage hipster conversation about unknown boards and mods and korean hentai-shaped mousepads.

I look forward to it all.  :D

Also, I'm going to post my colour scheme up in the previous post because I think it looks really awesome.  :thumb:
EDIT: The pictures of the colour scheme have now been posted.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 May 2014, 15:10:18 by Protato_Tubby »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1514 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 17:16:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful  Vesper  :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline feizor

« Reply #1515 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 17:45:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very inspirational, love it.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #1516 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 18:44:16 »
IBM XT reconfigured to a HHKB/Mac layout. Love the capacitive buckling spring switches!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1517 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 18:45:18 »
IBM XT reconfigured to a HHKB/Mac layout. Love the capacitive buckling spring switches!

so you chopped off the numpad and other parts? :eek:

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1518 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 18:49:48 »

Best post ever!!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1519 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 19:08:25 »

Looks awesome, I love the RGBY theme you've got on that  :D

Offline physicsmajor

« Reply #1520 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 21:11:41 »
Rosewill RK-9000E with Reds.

Best switch for me hands down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1521 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 00:34:52 »
Show Image

Sorry about the potato camera - it's the best I have.

Interesting layout - particularly the bottom row.  Might prove interesting when you try to replace the keycaps ...

Also nice orange desktop theme :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1522 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 03:24:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

I am not jealous of this board at all.    :|

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1523 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 05:12:25 »
This is my new daily driver (sorry about potato pic):

IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline feizor

« Reply #1524 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 08:20:05 »

Wow, what keyboard is that? Love the tall key profile. But does the lack of a left Ctrl bother you at all?

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1525 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 09:45:15 »

Wow, what keyboard is that? Love the tall key profile. But does the lack of a left Ctrl bother you at all?

It's IBM AT Model F. Produced from 1984 till 1985. So it's a good chance it's older than I am by one year ;) And it has left Ctrl. It's where Caps Lock on modern keyboards is. And right Ctrl is actually not Ctrl but Caps Lock (I have original stepped one key in the bag).
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Fluctuation

« Reply #1526 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 11:31:48 »
Leopold FC500RC. I got this years ago as my first mech, and I wish I knew about the spacebar not being compatible with most configurations. Changed caps many times, still using the stock spacebar  :thumb: (there is far more shine than the picture suggests.) I feel like I just cleaned the damn thing, but it looks somewhat filthy.

65025-065027-1

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1527 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 11:40:23 »
Leopold FC500RC. I got this years ago as my first mech, and I wish I knew about the spacebar not being compatible with most configurations. Changed caps many times, still using the stock spacebar  :thumb: (there is far more shine than the picture suggests.) I feel like I just cleaned the damn thing, but it looks somewhat filthy.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

:P

More
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1528 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 11:41:14 »

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

:P

More
Show Image

Nice starchy keyboard, bro. :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline moukimokyu

« Reply #1529 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 00:34:59 »
Current keyboard is a Kensington Pro Fit Wired Comfort board that I bought for about $10. The in-built wrist rest is the best part of it, and the media keys are handy, but I doubt I'll develop separation anxiety once my QFR gets here :D

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1530 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 02:04:26 »
Current keyboard is a third gen Das that has lubed ghost blacks.  Only problem is the key this is located to the right of q doesn't function.  Need to trouble shoot that one.  But they feel amazing.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1531 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 18:13:57 »
Still using the KC84 with blacks and dyesubs. Blacks used to be my least liked switch, but now its my most favorite. I like the  uninteruppted stroke

Offline suby4me

« Reply #1532 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 18:31:40 »
poker II with reds.
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline luisbg

« Reply #1533 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 00:15:45 »
A SUN Type 7 which I've had for 5 years now, since I worked there, until my Leopold FC660M arrives.  :D
Leopold FC660M - Brown mx switches - black case - white blank keys :: ErgoDox - Blue mx switches - classic case - black blank keys

Offline zig_ziglar

« Reply #1534 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 00:24:26 »
'89 IBM Model M #1391401. :)

Sure makes blues feel easy to press!
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1535 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 00:40:59 »
Laptop keyboard. ****ing hell. So much flex....its impossible not to see it

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1536 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 01:16:44 »
Ceep calm and carry on :) It's not like you'll be using it forever ;)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1537 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 01:34:08 »

I just spent 20 minutes designing a 40% layout that may fit my portable needs.....its so bad.....

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1538 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 01:59:17 »
CM QF XT with mx greys. Much better than stock(browns).
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1539 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 03:14:26 »
Linear greys?

Offline blackbox

« Reply #1540 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 03:17:17 »
Linear greys?

Sorry, its its the tactile ones (light grey). Bought if from MK

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=719

Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline luisbg

« Reply #1541 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:08:09 »

I just spent 20 minutes designing a 40% layout that may fit my portable needs.....its so bad.....

I want to see this layout. Very curious.
Leopold FC660M - Brown mx switches - black case - white blank keys :: ErgoDox - Blue mx switches - classic case - black blank keys

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1542 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:14:33 »

I want to see this layout. Very curious.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58455.msg1334672#msg1334672

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1543 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:22:00 »
In any case this is better than most of notebook keyboards :)

Almost all of them probably developed by mazochists :)

Offline aref

« Reply #1544 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 14:09:14 »
Corsair Vengeance K65/MX Red
Exposed keyboard w/ gunmetal-gray aluminum upper body.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 May 2014, 14:12:32 by aref »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1545 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 14:14:55 »
Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Edition. I put some GMK Dolch on it just to see how it'd look since I'm going to be selling this keyboard. I actually can't understand why this keyboard feels so much more solid than my Filco Majestouch 2 with the same switches. Really weird. :P

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1546 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 19:49:53 »
All hail king filco

68g lubed mx blacks
vortex aluminum case
dsa dolch

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1547 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 19:54:08 »
Corsair Vengeance K65/MX Red
Exposed keyboard w/ gunmetal-gray aluminum upper body.

Are you selling your last Realforce?!?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #1548 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 19:55:27 »
All hail king filco

Show Image

68g lubed mx blacks
vortex aluminum case
dsa dolch

Black metal Filco master race.  Looks damn good with DSA Dolch

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1549 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 19:58:04 »
All hail king filco

Show Image

68g lubed mx blacks
vortex aluminum case
dsa dolch

Black metal Filco master race.  Looks damn good with DSA Dolch
Thanks, it was a blue case to begin with. Lots of stuff done to it, if you notice, there are no led holes anymore, I also made the gap between the top and bottom smaller. That is just matte black enamel spray paint on it. :P