Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2779809 times)

Offline E3E

Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #4900 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 15:53:08 »
Leading Edge DC-3014 SKCM Blue Alps:

(Attachment Link)

Modifications: Internal Soarer converter and panel-mount micro-USB connector; Matias Quiet slider in spacebar switch.

Using it with its stock ABS caps, Hypersphere? Anything that's not PBT is uncommon to see from you!

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #4901 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 16:27:07 »

dat boi
by Kiran Rochon, on Flickr

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #4902 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 17:01:39 »
Leading Edge DC-3014 SKCM Blue Alps:

(Attachment Link)

Modifications: Internal Soarer converter and panel-mount micro-USB connector; Matias Quiet slider in spacebar switch.

why did you mod the spacebar?  Was it broken?
I like to quieten the spacebar. Installing a damped slider like the one from a Matias Quiet switch goes a long way toward this goal. I have another DC-3014 on which I replaced the stock spacebar with a 7.00x black spacebar from Matias. Because the shock pads need to be in a slightly different location for this spacebar, in addition to replacing the blue slider with a Matias Quiet slider, I placed small rectangles of 0.5 mm thick self-adhesive polyurethane foam on the top plate where the stabilizer inserts hit the plate. Result -- the spacebar sound is now a dull thud (which I like) and it does not rattle.

Offline MJL

« Reply #4903 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 17:56:17 »
Apple A1242 (short wired keyboard).  :-[

It replaced a Deck Hassium when I bought an Apple Mac mini.  >:D Now the Apple Mac mini has gone (replaced by ASUS VC65R)  ;D and am impatiently waiting for a Leopold FC660M blue switches ;D .

Offline E3E

« Reply #4904 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 18:32:27 »
I'm digging my Ducky Realforce. Just wish it was 30g, but I got such a nice price for it, that I can't complain.

Waiting for some thick lube to come in from TechKeys so I can lube this babies' sliders and space bar stab.

Offline Arallu

« Reply #4905 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 18:36:07 »
For work I'm using a Leopold FC900R, for home I have a Ducky One TKL, both with Cherry Browns.
I also have a TADA68 with Gateron Browns coming to try out a smaller layout.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #4906 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 18:55:32 »
I'm digging my Ducky Realforce. Just wish it was 30g, but I got such a nice price for it, that I can't complain.

Waiting for some thick lube to come in from TechKeys so I can lube this babies' sliders and space bar stab.
You can use 30 g Topre switches? I think these would be far too light for me. However, I thought I would prefer 55 g to the standard 45 g. I like 55 g in  my RF87U, but I modded a HHKB with 55 g domes and found that at least in the smaller keyboard, I prefer 45 g.

Thick lube for sliders? It would be fine for stabs, but you might want to test it on a switch to be sure you want thick lube on switch sliders. My own preference is to use Superlube 51010 oil on the slider rails, but not the sliders themselves. Lubing the sliders, especially with a thick lube, could have a detrimental effect on the function of the switch.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4907 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 18:56:15 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:56:21 by alienman82 »

Offline E3E

« Reply #4908 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 19:16:24 »

You can use 30 g Topre switches? I think these would be far too light for me. However, I thought I would prefer 55 g to the standard 45 g. I like 55 g in  my RF87U, but I modded a HHKB with 55 g domes and found that at least in the smaller keyboard, I prefer 45 g.

Thick lube for sliders? It would be fine for stabs, but you might want to test it on a switch to be sure you want thick lube on switch sliders. My own preference is to use Superlube 51010 oil on the slider rails, but not the sliders themselves. Lubing the sliders, especially with a thick lube, could have a detrimental effect on the function of the switch.

Oh, no, no. I did mean the rails. I don't plan on lubing the sliders as I feel like that might attract too much dust. I've read that the rails are adequate enough for a smooth action. What do you think? I have some Krytox 103 that would probably work, though I personally don't care for how krytox seems to stick (or rather, doesn't) to sliders in my experience lubricating Cherry MX switches. 

My Realforce is the Ducky Taiwan Edition in 45g. I wanted 30g, but I was lucky enough to get this board for a great price far after it had sold out in the US.

I enjoy heavy and light switches! The only switches I've ever felt to be fatiguing were Alps SKCM Brown in a stiff plate. I feel like I'd really enjoy 30g Topre, but this 45g board has been quite enjoyable itself.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 October 2016, 19:18:07 by E3E »

Offline MJL

« Reply #4909 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 20:38:02 »

Years ago I bought some Ultimox 226 from uMicroLubrol to make my trackball slippery (wipe on, wipe off but you cannot get it totally removed). Ever since I've been using it to lubricate anything plastic.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #4910 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 13:23:49 »
I just got around to trying the PBT spacebars from Massdrop, so I have the Realforce hooked up again. You'll just have to take my word for it that it looks much better in person.

150606-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline E3E

« Reply #4911 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 13:30:44 »
I just got around to trying the PBT spacebars from Massdrop, so I have the Realforce hooked up again. You'll just have to take my word for it that it looks much better in person.

(Attachment Link)

Looks good. :D I recently picked up a grey PBT bar, and while slightly off shade with the white caps on my Realforce, the feel and lower thud of the PBT bar is worth it.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #4912 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 14:21:21 »
Using this G80-3000 beauty until I get a Leeku PCB to modernise my Dolch Pac  ;D

| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline tobydeemer

« Reply #4913 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 14:45:22 »
Poker II with MX Browns, Colemak, and low profile Alu case.

----
// SGI AT101 // SIIG Minitouch  // 87 & 93 & Terminal 122 Model M // Poker II Brown // CMS QFS Gateron Green // Alps GlidePoint Rackmount // DataGeneral 6311 Acer // ...annnnd some other randoms... //

Offline 40keyless

« Reply #4914 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 05:15:21 »
POK3R / MX browns / Gray Dye-Sub PBT keycaps

Offline Irving

« Reply #4915 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 09:20:26 »
Realforce 87!

Offline captaineleven

« Reply #4916 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 09:40:52 »
Realforce 87!

Samesies! Well, it's in a rotation with the fc660c, fc660m mxbrowns, and the fc750r mxbrowns. So uh, all of them. I'll have to post a picture later. I like to switch it around every couple of hours because lol why not

Justification for having so many lol  ;D
So fancy!

Offline E3E

« Reply #4917 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 10:23:53 »

A Chinese IBM Japan 5576-002 Alps Plate Spring board. :D It's got an awkward but amusing layout to use.

Offline Corsa1r

« Reply #4918 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 14:55:01 »
Show Image

'awkward but amusing'

Nailed it!
Ducky Shine 4 - Mx Blues // Ganss G.S-87 - Mx Browns // Type-S HHKB 45g // FC660M - Mx Reds

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #4919 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:43:46 »
Waiting on a Ducky YotM with Reds. Probably going to use my Overcast DSA Set on that once that too.

Right now I'm using a QFR XT with Browns though. Works great and looks great after over a year of everyday use, so no regrets. Definitely got some new keyboards coming in the near future though. ;)

150881-0
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline Hue

« Reply #4920 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 19:50:14 »
Realforce 87!

Samesies! Well, it's in a rotation with the fc660c, fc660m mxbrowns, and the fc750r mxbrowns. So uh, all of them. I'll have to post a picture later. I like to switch it around every couple of hours because lol why not

How do you like your fc660c? Im planning on getting one, but wasn't sure. Friends have been pressuring me to get a HHKB, but I still am fascinated by how the fc660c looks, compared to the symmetry of the hhkb. 

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4921 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 21:32:32 »
5251, totally need to use this more. This is what typing on a keyboard should be.

Still wish the case was metal, though.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline y11971alex

• Looking for Toronto meetup
« Reply #4922 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 23:52:24 »
5251, totally need to use this more. This is what typing on a keyboard should be.

Still wish the case was metal, though.

With a plastic cover for the manual functioning as a wrist rest.  Makes the keyboard feel warmer.
Keyboards owned: IBM Selectric | 3278 | 3101 | 5251 | Model F XT | AT | 122 (6110344) | Model M 1390120 | 1390131 | 1391472 | 1392464 (DisplayWriter SSK) | 1395100 (SSK) | Honeywell RD IBM 09F4230 | Leading Edge DC-2014 (Blue Alps) | Chicony 5891 (Monterey Blue) | E&E-101 (KPT Blue) | BTC 5100 | 5100C | 5369 | DEC VT100 (Hi-tek Linear) | Burroughs TP109 (Hall) | Realforce 87 (55g)

Keyboards wanted: IBM Model F 104 (Unsaver) | Model M 1391401

Offline menuhin

« Reply #4923 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 05:34:29 »
My ThinkPad X220's keyboard - before Lenovo's design revision to change it to the 6-row half-moon key caps design.

Scissor switches with rubber domes can feel really good, especially with such a low profile with shortened keystrokes. After all, Topre switches have those tactile feel that people care most about all coming from the rubber domes underneath - basically Topre is a rubber dome hybrid.

There are good rubber-dome keyboards, and there are really really bad mechanical-switches keyboards.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #4924 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 15:31:16 »
My ThinkPad X220's keyboard - before Lenovo's design revision to change it to the 6-row half-moon key caps design.

Scissor switches with rubber domes can feel really good, especially with such a low profile with shortened keystrokes. After all, Topre switches have those tactile feel that people care most about all coming from the rubber domes underneath - basically Topre is a rubber dome hybrid.

There are good rubber-dome keyboards, and there are really really bad mechanical-switches keyboards.

...and then there are excellent Buckling Spring keyboards.

Offline E3E

« Reply #4925 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 15:45:03 »

Some scissor switch boards are really good. <3

Offline atarione

« Reply #4926 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 19:00:15 »
I have been using for 1.5yrs now this Filco MT2 TKL (MX-Red, w/ doubleshot PBT keycaps,dampers) keyboard... all in all I'm very pleased I have been just lately getting the urge to buy another TKL maybe another Filco w/ MX-Browns or a KUL E87 or???? w/ browns...

but I probably will not as it seems like a waste of monies to some extend.  the Filco is a very nice keyboard..it feels quite premium I guess?  most of the time I totally dig the reds but every now and again I rest my fingers to hard and type 1000 d's or whatever by accident.. meh.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #4927 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 16:21:15 »
I have been using for 1.5yrs now this Filco MT2 TKL (MX-Red, w/ doubleshot PBT keycaps,dampers) keyboard... all in all I'm very pleased I have been just lately getting the urge to buy another TKL maybe another Filco w/ MX-Browns or a KUL E87 or???? w/ browns...

but I probably will not as it seems like a waste of monies to some extend.  the Filco is a very nice keyboard..it feels quite premium I guess?  most of the time I totally dig the reds but every now and again I rest my fingers to hard and type 1000 d's or whatever by accident.. meh.

Show Image

Where did you get double shot PBT keycaps?
REΛLFORCE

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4928 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 17:43:31 »

Show Image

Looks like the ones that they sell on MK.com https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1947
I think I've seen pop up on MassDrop from time to time also.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline MJL

« Reply #4929 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 17:55:08 »
Leopold FC660M Cherry MX blue with Leopold dye-sub keycaps.

Offline atarione

« Reply #4930 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 18:23:07 »

Hi..  I got them on massdrop what must be something over a year ago (honestly can't remember and MD helpfully isn't showing the order history at all..I wish i had bought a few more of these they had them quite inexpensively at ~$25 some as I recall.... I keep looking for them to reappear on MD and sadly I haven't seen them so far.

couple pics... If i could tell you the maker / model I certainly would but I can't for the life of me remember... I for one would buy 2 or so more sets if they show up again.

I am certainly not the snobbiest of mech keyboard cap snob, but I am well and fully pleased with the typing exerience w/ these.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #4931 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 18:32:58 »

Hi..  I got them on massdrop what must be something over a year ago (honestly can't remember and MD helpfully isn't showing the order history at all..I wish i had bought a few more of these they had them quite inexpensively at ~$25 some as I recall.... I keep looking for them to reappear on MD and sadly I haven't seen them so far.

couple pics... If i could tell you the maker / model I certainly would but I can't for the life of me remember... I for one would buy 2 or so more sets if they show up again.

Show Image

Show Image

I am certainly not the snobbiest of mech keyboard cap snob, but I am well and fully pleased with the typing exerience w/ these.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-doubleshot-pbt-keycaps?mode=guest_open Made by Vortex :)

Offline atarione

« Reply #4932 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 18:42:00 »
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-doubleshot-pbt-keycaps?mode=guest_open Made by Vortex :)

cheers mate... i figured someone might know what these actually are... now to find some for sale someplace... and not for $60+ (mechanicalkeyboards.com lists them : out of stock but the price was $64...).

Offline losing_ctrl

« Reply #4933 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 20:12:02 »
Currently using a newish Leopold FC750R with MX Browns along with an FC210TP, also MX Browns (got it a couple of days ago actually). Sort of a messy current set-up, but I am very much appreciating the high-quality Leopold experience. Now I really want a FC660C.

151768-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 October 2016, 20:14:37 by losing_ctrl »

Offline suby4me

« Reply #4934 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 20:28:07 »
a corsair k70 RGB. but i am looking forward to the white fox  ;D
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4935 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 23:48:09 »
Shameless cross posting.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #4936 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 06:36:43 »
Shameless cross posting.

Show Image

Tasteful colour combo

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4937 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 10:57:31 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:47:50 by alienman82 »

Offline captaineleven

« Reply #4938 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 18:48:39 »
Realforce 87!

How do you like your fc660c? Im planning on getting one, but wasn't sure. Friends have been pressuring me to get a HHKB, but I still am fascinated by how the fc660c looks, compared to the symmetry of the hhkb.

Bruh sorry for the delay! Anyway, I love the fc660c and I much prefer it over the HHKB. To me, it feels more premium just because of its weight and heft and the metal plate. I never got used to the layout of the HHKB which was the biggest thing with me and I've found that I'm all about smaller form factors if it doesn't do too many function layers. I felt cramped with the HHKB whereas the fc660c felt like if I just trimmed a TKL a little bit, I didn't feel like I was giving up prime real estate. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but that's how I feel lol
So fancy!

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #4939 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:43:00 »
Shameless cross posting.

Show Image

What case is that?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline MrRockman888

« Reply #4940 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:45:01 »
A rubber-dome, Logitech Wave keyboard... I really need to find a reliable adapter for my RJ45 Model M. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #4941 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:49:15 »
A rubber-dome, Logitech Wave keyboard... I really need to find a reliable adapter for my RJ45 Model M. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't used one of these but I have used an XT converter from him which worked very well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RJ45-to-USB-Soarers-Converter-Model-M-Terminal-Keyboard-Remapping-Macros-/281476431381?hash=item41894d7e15:g:wwYAAOSwF1dUSZVm
REΛLFORCE

Offline MrRockman888

« Reply #4942 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 20:04:59 »
I'll look into buying one. Thanks for the support :)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4943 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 23:35:51 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:46:40 by alienman82 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4944 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 23:48:14 »
Show Image

i offer the quarter i just found in my pocket

what an sweet keyboard
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #4945 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 01:26:08 »
151964-0

An ol' Compaq 304286-003, does it get better than this? No, no it doesn't.  :D
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #4946 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 17:06:21 »
It sat around in a box for nearly 3 years unassembled, but I finally put my LZ-GH together!

Switches are Cherry MX Clears, 62g steel springs, stickers, and Krytox 205 mixed with 103.  I built the switches years ago and they've just been sitting in a bag waiting for me to get off my ass.

Dolch set came from Originative, and the Darkside cap needs no introduction!  I'm pretty sure the USB cable came from Mimic.

152019-0

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #4947 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 17:16:13 »
(Attachment Link)

An ol' Compaq 304286-003, does it get better than this? No, no it doesn't.  :D
Only the best

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4948 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 11:17:49 »
It sat around in a box for nearly 3 years unassembled, but I finally put my LZ-GH together!

Switches are Cherry MX Clears, 62g steel springs, stickers, and Krytox 205 mixed with 103.  I built the switches years ago and they've just been sitting in a bag waiting for me to get off my ass.

Dolch set came from Originative, and the Darkside cap needs no introduction!  I'm pretty sure the USB cable came from Mimic.

(Attachment Link)

Nice board!  How do the Clears feel?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline D4rk_mVidia

« Reply #4949 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 14:12:11 »
Microsoft SideWinder X4 :D
Typing on it since 5 years and now it's time for a mechanical Keyboard.