Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1186913 times)

Offline Limewirelord

Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy (ANSI Price Revised)
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 19:46:28 »
In for a Dolch and Olivetti.  I don't see what's so special about the granite set...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #351 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 20:06:35 »
In for a Dolch and Olivetti.  I don't see what's so special about the granite set...

You must have missed the Granite PBT DSA group buy :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline muad

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 23:36:16 »
I would have bought the granite set if the legends were black, I don't like the white on light grey colour scheme.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #353 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 00:05:10 »
I would have bought the granite set if the legends were black, I don't like the white on light grey colour scheme.

Good point!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #354 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 01:04:11 »
i will announce and correct the first post tmr

deadline extended to 30-6

Are you trying to get all colours (at least tier 1) to pass MOQ, or can this proceed if only one or two pass?

dolch : ansi and add on passing 300
olivette / granite : ANSI passing 300

will try to see if we need changes again after reaching this deadline

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #355 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 01:06:19 »
i will announce and correct the first post tmr

deadline extended to 30-6

Are you trying to get all colours (at least tier 1) to pass MOQ, or can this proceed if only one or two pass?

dolch : ansi and add on passing 300
olivette / granite : ANSI passing 300

will try to see if we need changes again after reaching this deadline
so olivette/granite add-ons dont have to reach 300?

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 01:07:57 »
so olivette/granite add-ons dont have to reach 300?
rather than saying so....
i think my concern is that those add-on packs are extremely hard to reach 300 orders in 1 extra month

so i did no put much hope on it

Offline smolid

Just found out about this and put in an order for Dolch.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Just found out about this and put in an order for Dolch.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you for your order :)

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins

That's actually what I DO like about them. Haha.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline eXeP

If olivette doesn't make the MOQ, will we still be able to get it, or does it have to be atleast MOQ?

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
I just want to be sure, but is MOQ for each color ISO Add-On Pack 100? Because I have no use for the sets without the add-on packs  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
If olivette doesn't make the MOQ, will we still be able to get it, or does it have to be atleast MOQ?

Welcome to Geekhack!

MOQ means minimum order quantity i.e. the smallest number of sets that you can order.

If there are not that many sets being ordered, Tai Hao won't accept the order.

Occasionally the keycap manufacturer might allow an order with a few less sets, but that generally has to be arranged on an individual basis.  For example if we ordered 400 Dolch and 400 Granite, they might let us get by with only 200 Olivetti.  That kind of thing.  Maybe.

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
Ordered ANSI and add-ons for the Dolch and Granites! Really hoping they both push through, as I'm planning to mix and match.

Offline Gingerbeer

As I'm new to this, if Dolch reaches MOQ for the sets and Add-ons tomorrow does the buy for Dolch go ahead, or do we wait until all sets reach MOQ?

The reason I ask:  I was torn between Dolch and Granite, but earlier is better. :)

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
As I'm new to this, if Dolch reaches MOQ for the sets and Add-ons tomorrow does the buy for Dolch go ahead, or do we wait until all sets reach MOQ?

The reason I ask:  I was torn between Dolch and Granite, but earlier is better. :)

All invoicing and production takes place after the group buy deadline, which is now June 30.
<<< Click to view

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
I just want to be sure, but is MOQ for each color ISO Add-On Pack 100? Because I have no use for the sets without the add-on packs  :(
same here, I will have to back out if add on packs doesnt go through

Offline GhostofHarry

IF any of the orders are not gonna reach MOQ....
i will let everybody to revise those orders

ofcuz i can leave this gb open for 6 months but i fear that taihao will raise the price....

thats my main concern as u can see more and more taihao keycaps are appearing.
Massdrop and taobao....loads of taihao...

whats in my mind is that         If we dont act fast    this groupbuy will possibly fail even if MOQ is reached
when price is raised      ppl jump off the train and the whole gb is ****ed

so... lets take it as a temporary extension of deadline.
I will keep in contact with taihao sales and at the same time try to take more order to lower the price of all the sets

« Last Edit: Sat, 31 May 2014, 04:00:35 by GhostofHarry »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
And you'll usually get a few people who drop out at the last moment, say when invoicing.  The longer you wait the more are likely to drop out.

Hence the number of orders might drop below MOQ for some sets after the GB finishes.

Offline kohi

http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/index.php?mid=photo&page=5&document_srl=8336564

I'm guessing these are a set of the Dolch/Granite TH keycaps on a KMAC
looks nice :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 May 2014, 19:02:15 by hojunski »

Offline feizor

Very nice. Are those granite or dolch?

Offline kohi

I thought it looked like dolch, maybe it's the lighting??
but from the photos, it just looks like the alphanumeric from the granite set and black modifiers

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Looks more like Granite to me.

Offline Heliosphere

Are these sets in a DCS-like shape? Is granite just a lighter shaded set than dolch?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Are these sets in a DCS-like shape? Is granite just a lighter shaded set than dolch?

Sort of, but OEM profile is generally taller.

Granite is vaguely similar to Dolch, but to me Dolch alphas looks slightly brown, whereas Granite alphas are just a light gray.

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter

Looks to be Granite... Dolch seems to have a darker grey for the alphas and an almost bluish tinge to the modifier keys, while Granite has lighter grey alphas and more neutral dark grey modifier keys.

But that's just me.

I kind of wish that this set was done in the DSA profile, but I can't argue at this price point!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
I'm super lame and need to cancel

as it would turn out I won't have much money for a while, since what I'm doing this summer won't be paid even thought they said it would be. Lame.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline JunkFace

What would be the chances of having a 6u spacebar added for this?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Almost none - Tai hao would need to create a special mold for it, and unless they had at the very, very least MOQ orders for it, they would be unlikely to comply.

However if anyone is so inclined it would not hurt to ask ;)

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
How do we check the current participated strength? The order confirmation form seems to be locked.

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
Perhaps he's just consolidating and such. In which case it'll probably go back online later.
IIRC, so far only the Dolch ANSI set seems to be near the 300 MOQ. The rest are hovering near 100 and 200 orders.

Offline GhostofHarry

Almost none - Tai hao would need to create a special mold for it, and unless they had at the very, very least MOQ orders for it, they would be unlikely to comply.

However if anyone is so inclined it would not hurt to ask ;)

yea u are right rowdy,   they would need a new mold and that means 500MOQ

no no no :confused:

Offline Heliosphere

Hey GhostofHarry, I sent you a PM about changing my order. I'm not sure if you have received it.

Offline GhostofHarry

Hey GhostofHarry, I sent you a PM about changing my order. I'm not sure if you have received it.

nope  sorry

can u send me again?

Offline phx

I have this feeling I'm gonna be bothered by the awkward blank windows key. can we possibly get something printed on it? a star? anything. blank just looks weird.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
I have this feeling I'm gonna be bothered by the awkward blank windows key. can we possibly get something printed on it? a star? anything. blank just looks weird.

Yeah, this really bothered me with the Round 1 sets from Elton's GB. For me it looks incomplete if some keys have legends and others don't. But I still prefer a blank key over this awkward pseudo Win Logo.

A star would be a good compromise, but I am afraid it's too late for that. It would increase costs as well...

Offline phx

Yeah, this really bothered me with the Round 1 sets from Elton's GB. For me it looks incomplete if some keys have legends and others don't. But I still prefer a blank key over this awkward pseudo Win Logo.

A star would be a good compromise, but I am afraid it's too late for that. It would increase costs as well...

damn... guess I will need to find replacement

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
Yeh I've ordered add-on packs for just that reason - really dislike the Windows logo and I'm sure a few blank keys from the add-on kit won't go astray.
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Heh the blanks are doubleshot ;)

At least they were in the original TH GB.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Heh the blanks are doubleshot ;)

At least they were in the original TH GB.

Dem legends will never rub out

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Add-On Pack | MOQ of each colour: 300
2 * 1.5x Ctrl
2 * 1.5x Alt
2 * 1x R1 Blank Key
1 * 7x Spacebar
1 * 1.75 Shift
1 * 1.25x Shift
2 * 1x blank keys (R1, R2 for ISO)
1 * ISO Enter
2 * 1.25x Blank Key (to replace win key)

Price In Tier (Each colour has their own price tier!):
Tier 1 : When order reaches 100  : $13.5
Tier 2 : When order reaches 150  : $9
Tier 3 : When order reaches 200  : $6.8
Tier 4 : When order reaches 250  : $5.4
Tier Ultimate : When order reaches 300 : $4.5

So if we get to 100 for an add-on pack do we get the tier 1 price, or is the MOQ 300? And if we get the tier 1 price can we still order it, even if the ANSI set doesn't pass the MOQ? Because we can order the ANSI sets elsewhere (for more money) than just this group buy, but no one sells the ISO add-on packs. Don't get me wrong, I much rather get the ANSI set here too, but I'm afraid we will not reach MOQ  (it's just good to have a backup plan if this GB fails)

So what is the MOQ for the add-on packs (for each color) and can we still order them if the ANSI set doesn't reach MOQ?

Offline genkidama

As I understand this the Add-On Pack is like this:
If we reach MOQ 100 we pay 13.5$ for one.
If we reach MOQ 150 we pay 9$ for one.
So on and so forth.

So the Add-On Pack is staggered, so only MOQ 100 is necessary for producing it but if we get higher order numbers we pay less.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
So on and so forth.

So the Add-On Pack is staggered, so only MOQ 100 is necessary for producing it but if we get higher order numbers we pay less.

Yes but it also says "Add-On Pack | MOQ of each colour: 300"

Offline jorgenslee

So on and so forth.

I think this was discuss in the IC thread. If there is only 100 orders still 300 orders will still be placed to Tai Hao since

100 x 13.5 = 300 X 4.5

i.e, the price tier is a workaround if the MOQ is not meet.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
So on and so forth.

I think this was discuss in the IC thread. If there is only 100 orders still 300 orders will still be placed to Tai Hao since

100 x 13.5 = 300 X 4.5

Oh that sounds good and makes sense.
I wonder what GhostofHarry would do with all the extras? Maybe some kind of contest would be fun
Also I hope that we'll still be able to get them, even if the matching ANSI set doesn't pass MOQ

Offline jorgenslee

So on and so forth.

100 x 13.5 = 300 X 4.5

Oh that sounds good and makes sense.
I wonder what GhostofHarry would do with all the extras? Maybe some kind of contest would be fun
Also I hope that we'll still be able to get them, even if the matching ANSI set doesn't pass MOQ

If I remember correctly it will be sold and donated to Geekhack? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
If it doesn't increase shipping costs, I'd like to keep the extra add-on sets. I could use extra ISO Enter keys for example...

Maybe GhostofHarry can comment on this? What's the final decision?

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
I really would like to get both base and add-on sets if possible, since Tai Hao is a bit tough to order from. If it came down to it, I couple probably order another one or two or three of the base sets that I want if ever we don't make the 300 MOQ (mostly for granite, as dolch is more than likely to hit 300).

The way I understood this is that the base sets' MOQ is 300, while the add-on sets' MOQ is 100.

But I'll keep quiet for now; speculation can lead to misunderstanding.

Offline genkidama

If it doesn't increase shipping costs, I'd like to keep the extra add-on sets. I could use extra ISO Enter keys for example...

Maybe GhostofHarry can comment on this? What's the final decision?

Yeah this would be nice :)

Lets see what GhostofHarry has to say to this ;)

@Zeroblade
As I understood it from earlier times, GhostofHarry would give you the choice to revise your oder if the MOQ for the Add-Ons isn't met. For example it should be possible to switch from one dolch and one olivetti to two dolch sets. Or cancel the one that didnt get the MOQ for the Add-Ons.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline GhostofHarry

Yes, the MOQ of add-on packs are 300

I am trying to work out a solution that satisfies ppl even if a minimum of 100 order is met
we had foreseen that add-on pack has no great demand
thats y (100*13.5 = 300*4.5)

for the extra sets, i would have to find a way to give it to u guys.

if we got 150,and the price is $9 m i can simply give 2 add on pack to a person
if we only got 100 and the price is $13.5 its hard for me to split it.

i originally think its a good way to sell and donate to GH
but for now, i think its better for us to meet a 150 MOQ and give everyone 2 sets
(if it still hits 150 orders after ppl have revised their orders.. cuz i believe that many of them will jump off the train with a price of $9)
as this GB also allows order from other forums such as DT
and donating only to GH is a bit weird.

I am still thinking of a balanced solution for this
please advice me if u have any other thoughts of how to treat those extra caps. :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 June 2014, 15:15:21 by GhostofHarry »