Author Topic: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (Complete)  (Read 288325 times)

Offline bazemk1979

Re: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (orders close 30 March)
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 13:51:26 »
Are this numbers only from GH or other forums included?

white/purple - 138/300
cmyk - 104/300
esc pack - 162/400
I believe other forums included, unfortunately.
Any one knows good GB prayer? lol

Ok joke aside if the GB don't  happen this time, that don't mean we should give up and don't give it another go in near future...
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 13:55:19 »
I know I personally paid $35 a set for some RGB from sherryton. The CMYK is two dollars cheaper than that, even with all the extra keys. And they're special because it's not something you get to come across everyday! The mod kit is only $6 more than that 6 key RGB set, so even if you were only using 13 keys, you're getting a deal. These things will not be this cheap if a vendor sells them in only ANSI set.

qouted for truth...

double quoted for double truth?

People also pay $40+ for SP moogle kits any day of the week in the classifieds. Even as part of the original GB, a SP moogle +  SP full mod kit (to make it a fair comparission) is only a couple bucks cheaper.
In my opinion there should be no complaining about the price considering you spend almost the same from SP or get ripped off by Sherry for 6 whole keys

----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 13:56:45 »
@bazemk1979: Yeah but it kills Lysol's relationship with GMK. Well, maybe it won't kill it, but it's not a very good first impression. Especially because they bought purple plastic just for this lol.

One might suggest why doesn't someone else host the next one. But I'm not sure if it'll make a difference if you're affiliated with the same online forums, who were not able to meet the MOQ from the prior exchange.

Offline eon

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 14:04:40 »
Extra keys are not a problem for me, and I think the price is fair. Compared to sherryton's prices or SP moogle kits its good. With the availability of more custom keyboard like the g80 there will be more layouts with 1.5 mods so I believe the sets need to include that. With the toxic base set it is included, in DSA retro base set too. Also please don't blame ISO users, it's only 2 more keys...

I think the problem is more about the colors and some missing keys you'll expect on a TKL (F5-F8), maybe arrow keys... Also the timing may not be good with a lot of full set GB at the same time. Personnaly, I'm not a fan of purple and CMYK :<. I would have loved some simple moogle kit for a start
Poker MX Red - Photos

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 14:16:01 »
Those are totals of all orders placed. I can extend deadline, that is no problem. Only if we miss the production window GMK wanted to give us I am not sure how long it may be before they want to fit us in somewhere.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 14:39:24 »
Those are totals of all orders placed. I can extend deadline, that is no problem. Only if we miss the production window GMK wanted to give us I am not sure how long it may be before they want to fit us in somewhere.
ok lets see how this pans out and hope for the best...
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline limmy

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 16:41:04 »
Ivan,

Can you get a sample of the purple mod set? By sample, I mean actual sample not just a set of arrow keys with same color. I think actual sample will stoke some demand from Korean forums. People will want the set more once they see if it really looks good. I think it will look good with black (White on black DS) caps. If it is the case, I think it would be good idea to bundle black space bar in the set.

Image from http://pinchocodia.tistory.com/17

Are the purple mod similar to the ones we see in the photo? I know it is hard to match colors, but it seems the purple arrow keys you have seem to be in lighter color than what I see in the photo.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (orders close 20 April)
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 17:34:15 »
I extend deadline to 20 April. We are almost to half mark on purple so I think I will give it some more time.

GMK did their best to color match that purple. I believe those red key to be like the wNv key, so I can make a picture of them together later. Some colors are hard to capture, plus not everyone have a properly calibrated display so what one sees in picture on the screen may not have much in common with how it looks in real life.
I doubt I get more free sample, but I will ask if I can buy proof sets... I agree it could help sales.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 17:39:58 »
The color looks completely different on all my three monitors, but on my fathers calibrated LaCie CRT screens they look nothing short of amazing!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:04:08 »
That makes me wonder! Maybe I should break out the IPS monitor and take a better look.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:21:48 »

White balanced, no flash, no post, straight outta camera. Shown with wNv red on left, white on black behind/above, Dolch on right.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:25:31 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline cobraj

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 19:17:54 »
Gosh.. I really hope this goes ahead.. They look absolutely amazing.

Offline limmy

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 19:47:41 »
Pretty much every photo has to be processed to get correct color. Right out of camera doesn't mean it is in correct color. Besides, you can barely see the color of black and dolch caps due to light reflection in your photo. It is advised you use single source of lighting (if you are using sun light, turn off your indoors light) to get correct color.

You can get close to correct color when you use a white balance card. (at least you would be able to know you got correct white balance with correct exposure) Ripster does very good job with this stuff. You can see how he takes his photo with the white balance card. http://imgur.com/a/9BTc7#7 Taking a correctly exposed picture involves 18% grey card. Take a photo metered at your grey card (I think you can substitute the grey card with something you can print). Get the shutter speed and aperture from the photo and fix the shutter speed and aperture to the level manually. Take a photo of the key caps with the manually set settings be sure to include white balance card in your photo. If you do not have white balance card, use white paper. Take the raw file of your photo and use white point of the white balance card to set the white balance. Then you have correctly white balanced and exposed photo.

From what I see through my calibrated monitor, it is hard to reconcile correct color of the sample. Also, I would put in beige caps in the sample photo.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 20:14:41 »
I will sign up for this in a little bit, as I really want to see it go through.

Offline calavera

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 21:24:59 »
I REALLY want this to succeed so I put in one order.

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 21:48:58 »
Pretty much every photo has to be processed to get correct color. Right out of camera doesn't mean it is in correct color. Besides, you can barely see the color of black and dolch caps due to light reflection in your photo. It is advised you use single source of lighting (if you are using sun light, turn off your indoors light) to get correct color.

You can get close to correct color when you use a white balance card. (at least you would be able to know you got correct white balance with correct exposure) Ripster does very good job with this stuff. You can see how he takes his photo with the white balance card. http://imgur.com/a/9BTc7#7 Taking a correctly exposed picture involves 18% grey card. Take a photo metered at your grey card (I think you can substitute the grey card with something you can print). Get the shutter speed and aperture from the photo and fix the shutter speed and aperture to the level manually. Take a photo of the key caps with the manually set settings be sure to include white balance card in your photo. If you do not have white balance card, use white paper. Take the raw file of your photo and use white point of the white balance card to set the white balance. Then you have correctly white balanced and exposed photo.

From what I see through my calibrated monitor, it is hard to reconcile correct color of the sample. Also, I would put in beige caps in the sample photo.
At last someone who does understand a bit of colour behaviour in photography.
But tbh, even if the photo is perfect (white balance, saturation, contrast, whatnot); which users actually own a monitor which can show 100% sRGB? Or even above 90% AdobeRGB? I bet most users (including me) just have a shiitty (I hate this PG-13 censoring) TN panel type 22-24" monitor which cost around $250...
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2013, 21:50:48 by Acanthophis »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (orders close 20 April)
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 22:18:46 »
I bet most users (including me) just have a shiitty (I hate this PG-13 censoring) TN panel type 22-24" monitor which cost around $250...

Ha! You wish. I bet most users (including me) have a 19-20" TN panel which cost around $100...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (orders close 20 April)
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 22:21:21 »
I bet most users (including me) just have a shiitty (I hate this PG-13 censoring) TN panel type 22-24" monitor which cost around $250...

Ha! You wish. I bet most users (including me) have a 19-20" TN panel which cost around $100...
I rock a 15" and a 17" TN panels.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 22:22:38 »
Puke!

24" IPS FTW
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline calavera

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 22:22:41 »

I rock a 15" and a 17" TN panels.

dual monitors? baller. ;)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 22:38:48 »
Puke!

24" IPS FTW
Be gone, peasant. 27" IPS is here.

Offline limmy

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 22:43:40 »
At last someone who does understand a bit of colour behaviour in photography.
But tbh, even if the photo is perfect (white balance, saturation, contrast, whatnot); which users actually own a monitor which can show 100% sRGB? Or even above 90% AdobeRGB? I bet most users (including me) just have a shiitty (I hate this PG-13 censoring) TN panel type 22-24" monitor which cost around $250...

Fair point. However, wouldn't it be better to have a perfect photo? Each photo has different shades of purple. It is very confusing.

So, which purple is it?

17075-0

If you have the color chips, could you put the purple arrow keys next to it? Taking a photo of the arrow keys with beige and black caps would give good comparison.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #322 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 22:46:25 »
Puke!

24" IPS FTW

Is this where I say what size monitor I use?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #323 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 22:58:20 »
Lots of Dell users here I can see.  23" IPS here.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 23:01:30 »
I've never seen such a drama with the colour choice in any GB and people don't usually make accurate mock ups at all. It's obviously a "pro" picture would help to get the real colour but I doubt most people would have calibrated IPS monitors as some of us do at home.

Also Limmy I didn't have anything against you not liking the GB, I just wanted to say somethings about why this was well planned.

There are good prices, wide choice of keys none of the GB around are offering, unique colours, Cherry made keys... People can't get anything similar for that price.

Offline limmy

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 23:05:26 »
Or this one?

I processed your photo here.

17077-0

Personally, I like this one the most, which is quite similar to the one in bottom right in my previous photo. However, I am not quite sure if it is going to look good with white on black DS caps.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 23:15:01 »
I've never seen such a drama with the colour choice in any GB and people don't usually make accurate mock ups at all. It's obviously a "pro" picture would help to get the real colour but I doubt most people would have calibrated IPS monitors as some of us do at home.

Also Limmy I didn't have anything against you not liking the GB, I just wanted to say somethings about why this was well planned.

There are good prices, wide choice of keys none of the GB around are offering, unique colours, Cherry made keys... People can't get anything similar for that price.
Agreed, I think people are worried that these won't match anything.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 23:16:18 »
Puke!

24" IPS FTW

27" is too big, 24" is perfect for me
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline limmy

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 23:17:32 »
The reason why I brought up color issue is because there is huge uncertainty about how it is going to look. This group buy could be better marketed with better photos, even better with proper sample. Current mock up is not good enough, if you ask me. At this moment, I think better marketing is the only way to get more people to participate.

I am trying to help here. I don't have any problem with pricing. In fact, I think it is great deal. But at the same time, when I am going to spend $40+, I would want to know if it is going to look good. In some of the photos, it doesn't look good -- it is pale purple color that I would want to avoid.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 07:54:34 »
ordered.  i hope this goes through. :-X
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:25:00 »
Another option would be to have kaporkle create a couple of renders. He's really been doing some amazing work. He has Filco, Realforce and Poker keyboards that he can render custom key sets to.

Another option might be to have him focus on one area in a closeup vs rendering the entire keyboard. You can see an example in this link where he did a render of just the Esc key.

Just a thought.

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #331 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 10:18:33 »
Agreed, i think those renders will sure support any GB.

What i do have to criticize though: i think they look too good - the lighting and/or material surface is surreal making the caps look very radiant. Compare those to the real life pictures of ccng, looks a lot less amazing in comparison.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #332 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 10:21:32 »
Maybe he can add a "potato filter". LOL!  :p

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #333 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 10:25:58 »
Limmy makes some good points, I'm half holding off because the purple looks different in every picture

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #334 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 10:26:48 »
Renders can give an idea of how purple looks with black...but the concern is still, what will the real purple look like because as limmy pointed out, different photos makes the purple look different.

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #335 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 10:28:46 »
Yup I think anything will go with black anyway so I don't have the issue with that

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 11:21:13 »
I'm a very particular guy when it comes to color and matching.  I spent many years working in a digital design agency and we had all of the fancy special monitors and Spyders and such.  There's no such thing as an "accurate" picture that can be posted here.  The best way to gauge is to have a lot of pictures in various lighting conditions, adjusted by the person who is also looking at the plastic in real life. 

But regardless of the shade, it will go with a black set.  If you're so on the fence after seeing what's been posted already, I doubt any further pictures or renders will help.  (Though, I'd love to see kaporkle renders of course! I bought a lot of them for RainDrop.  Not sure they helped sales at all, but they look cool.)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 11:27:33 »
Which is why I attempted to take photos of them with known colors of other 'common' keysets. In real life they look different in various lighting conditions too, so... pretty much all I can tell you is that it is NOT a pastel light color like lilac or lavender.
The shot of them with the all black keys are probably closest to what they look like in person, or the color shown on the sides of the caps on my most recent photo with the red, grey and black keys are fairly 'true'.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 March 2013, 11:30:38 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 11:38:11 »
Ahh why not ordered  ;D

Offline pasph

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 12:00:21 »
If you want something "accurate" you have to take a spectrocolorimeter not a photo
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 12:14:54 »
tbh I think Ivan's done a pretty damn good job of showing what kind of colour the purple mods will be. Most... if not all GB's barely have much more than a mock up and some ****ty picture of the sample keys.
Ivan's go out of his way to take pics of them with a whole host of different types and colours of keys to give you an idea. People need to stop *****ing about the exact ****ing colour and either invest in some super SUPER well priced mod keys or don't and stop crying that dolch or what ever set you voted for isn't up.

Ivan, if I make another order will you be able to delete my original order?

Offline limmy

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 12:15:07 »
Please, take a good photo. Words have far less power than pictures. Besides, who would look at sides for correct color? and which side? What we need is correctly exposed photo similar to this.

17098-0

Also, another picture with beige, black, red, dolch, and purple caps will be helpful. Put a white paper in the photo so that we could correctly set white balance. Also, for proper color representation, I think face of the caps should face your camera.

Once we have consistent colors, then we can ask kaporkle to make a mock up for us.

Then, I will try to make a pitch at KBDMania.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #342 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 13:19:02 »
tbh I think Ivan's done a pretty damn good job of showing what kind of colour the purple mods will be. Most... if not all GB's barely have much more than a mock up and some ****ty picture of the sample keys.
Ivan's go out of his way to take pics of them with a whole host of different types and colours of keys to give you an idea. People need to stop *****ing about the exact ****ing colour and either invest in some super SUPER well priced mod keys or don't and stop crying that dolch or what ever set you voted for isn't up.

This ^^^

Once we have consistent colors, then we can ask kaporkle to make a mock up for us.

Then, I will try to make a pitch at KBDMania.

From a marketing perspective, a smexy picture, or render could help bring in more orders, so I can see the merits of what limmy is saying. The CCnG R2 GB saw a nice bump in sales after we added the render.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 13:19:05 »

Ivan, if I make another order will you be able to delete my original order?

I disagree with this. I don't own any double shot sets. What would I do with a bunch of colorful modifier sets? This GB sould have gone much further with sets instead of modifier keys. Also, I think more people would have participated if the modifiers were neutral colors such as black on gray. The only people who can get any use of the current offered keycaps are those who already have a plethora of keycap sets.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 13:38:39 »

I disagree with this. I don't own any double shot sets. What would I do with a bunch of colorful modifier sets? This GB sould have gone much further with sets instead of modifier keys. Also, I think more people would have participated if the modifiers were neutral colors such as black on gray. The only people who can get any use of the current offered keycaps are those who already have a plethora of keycap sets.

You do know that for another $10 you can get a set of Cherry double shots from inlikeflynn to go with them, right?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #346 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 13:57:44 »
On one hand, this is a little bit more "advanced" group buy for someone that's new, so I think keymaster's comments are valid. InLikeFlynn has made the process of getting a complete double shot set much easier, but not everyone digs used keys.

On the other hand, I can see where a less expensive set, like modifiers, makes sense to establish a new relationship with GMK and get the ball rolling for more group buys.

The bottom line is that no group buy is perfect and the organizers here have really done a top-notch job working behind-the-scenes to establish a relationship with a new vendor to make future group buys with GMK a more streamlined and easier experience.

For their hard work to pay off, we need to hit the MOQ. If you like buying key cap sets through group buys, then it's literally the least you can do by ordering an Escape set.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 15:32:39 »
Pretty well summarized mashby. I believe a good amount of participants, myself included, are not CRAZY over these colors (love me some CMYK though). But we participate because we believe this may be the start we need to a very beneficial relationship. Keep in mind that GMK has already purchased the purple plastic assuming this GB was good to go. However if we have to cancel, it may be a while before we can have GMK keycaps without middlemen in between.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 15:47:16 »
Right we wanted to start with something smaller, but also weren't given a lot of choice either as GMK didn't have production slots for larger order for us until late spring/early summer. Though with things dragging along as they have...

Personally I would rather focus on new colorways if we have the opportunity to move into additional groupbuys. There are still a lot of new old stock or very good condition used black and beige sets out there so they will be last on my list. While we don't have to make things so ostentatious always, I would prefer to do some original things over rehashing the old. I mean if you want vintage, buy vintage.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 16:05:19 »
On the other hand, I can see where a less expensive set, like modifiers, makes sense to establish a new relationship with GMK and get the ball rolling for more group buys.

The bottom line is that no group buy is perfect and the organizers here have really done a top-notch job working behind-the-scenes to establish a relationship with a new vendor to make future group buys with GMK a more streamlined and easier experience.

For their hard work to pay off, we need to hit the MOQ. If you like buying key cap sets through group buys, then it's literally the least you can do by ordering an Escape set.

While everyone here, including myself, can appreciate the effort being put into the GB by its organizers, I don't have to show my appreciation by buying something. I'm showing appreciation by participating in this discussion, which makes GB buys more orderly and successful in the long run.

So, I don't think it may have been the wisest decision to go with just modifiers -- especially those with such odd colors. Modifiers may be less expensive than a whole set, but for double the $41 currently for the mods, we could have come close to buying a whole set, right? Modifiers are, like you said, a more advanced group buy. Thus, they limit the participation of many who don't see the need to purchase a set of modifiers for $41 that they may not even use. Entire keysets rarely ever have this problem. I understand that production slots aren't available at this time for entire keysets, but this GB seems to have been rushed. I appreciate Ivan's previous GBs, especially the various white PBT sets, even though I didn't purchase one.

I don't know about everyone else who hasn't put in an order with this GB yet, but I don't like throwing money at something I don't like or won't end up using. That includes the $8 Esc key pack. Perhaps that is because I lack the variety of keysets some of you already possess. It's easier for you guys to justify buying these mod packs/esc keys if you have several keyboards/keysets ready to put them on. That's not the case with me.

Better preparation and brainstorming is in order for future group buys instead of expecting users to purchase something just because. As much as it may be difficult to accept for some, users don't owe anyone anything.

Pretty well summarized mashby. I believe a good amount of participants, myself included, are not CRAZY over these colors (love me some CMYK though). But we participate because we believe this may be the start we need to a very beneficial relationship. Keep in mind that GMK has already purchased the purple plastic assuming this GB was good to go. However if we have to cancel, it may be a while before we can have GMK keycaps without middlemen in between.

Again, if this GB was so important -- to begin a new relationship with GMK, then more time and discussion should have been in order.

I don't like being the negative guy, but some of you seem surprised why the GB isn't taking off. I'm giving my observations as to why some, like myself, are not participating.