Author Topic: What's your smartphone ?  (Read 141402 times)

Offline kod

Re: What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 11:29:58 »
Nexus 4

I actually liked the nexus S formfactor better in a lot of ways (the curve is subtle but it makes a difference).  4 is obviously a faster phone though, which helps with some crappy Unity apps.

Offline Norz

« Reply #701 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 16:47:26 »
Samsung Galaxy S2, battery is dying but trying to hold strong till S5 is released :p

Offline luis911

« Reply #702 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 19:22:09 »
iPhone 5  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Check out my website FDMPrints.org

Offline cooey

« Reply #703 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 10:00:08 »
LG Nexus 4  :D
No mods. I like it clean.
I get to try out hundreds of phones while at work and I've always loved the look of LG smartphones (except for the Intuition, it's got a weird shape). I'm hoping the Nexus 6 will also be an LG. I'd buy it at once.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #704 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 21:06:23 »
Nexus 5: Rooted, mulit-rom, and TWRP. Waiting on my meenova sd card to micro usb to flash some roms.

Offline thesentinel

« Reply #705 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 23:47:26 »
I kinda want an htc note, 'cause I have horrible eyesight and the screen is large. Anyone have any experience with the note?
Keyboards are the only thing keeping me from consuming human flesh.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #706 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:23:41 »
Nexus 5 on Aio Wireless.

best combo ever.

also got a Nexus 7 (2013) that i tether for free via Aio.

get off at&t and verizon people. MVNO carriers are so much better and who doesnt love no contracts!
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline antCB

« Reply #707 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:47:47 »
nokia E7. tsss tsss
Steelseries 6GV2 ISO-PT with Gateron Blues.

Offline pillows

• soft as milk
« Reply #708 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 23:01:47 »
Nokia Lumia 1020

Was late to the smartphone game so I don't mind the Windows OS
Though my next phone's definitely going to be an Android.
intel core i9 3333mhz twin turbo

Offline CatNip :3

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #709 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 14:26:40 »
Some old WalkMan Sony Feature Phone - HTC Desire S - Lumia 800 - Google Nexus 4

I love my Nexus 4, apart from the speaker and camera but that's expected. :D
I haven't rooted and I'm just running stock 4.4.2.

Offline illy865

« Reply #710 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 14:33:34 »
Using an HTC One (M7) now, so far the best phone I've used, love the front facing dual speakers especially and the camera in low light
AEK - Orange ALPS | Leopold FC700R - Cherry MX Red | CM Storm Quickfire TK - Cherry MX Blue

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #711 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 16:49:30 »
Nexus 4 with the vanilla ROM. Love the feel of stock android, not really sure why OEMs feel they need to weigh it down with such bloat.

Gotta love low price and no contract too :P
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #712 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 11:28:29 »
So ****ing mad atm

>iTunes refuses to put any music on my phone
>Update will take 6 hours to download
>iTunes is now showing the music I want on my phone, is on my phone
>no way to actually see and play it on my phone...

how is it so ****ing bad?!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #713 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:43:21 »

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #714 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 13:46:44 »
I look at my PC and just can't bring myself to go on a smartphone.  But then I go to work and get hella bored then wish I had a smartphone.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #715 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 13:49:15 »
Show Image

Pretty much Apple's customer support too... its super great and why I would never recommend anyone get an iPhone :)

That said I did manage to get access to music on my phone, though it required me to remove all the music from my phone first, as the update I was told I needed didn't actually fix the problem.

Offline Norz

« Reply #716 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 14:58:58 »
S5 announced today!

And it should be available in a month already !

Offline Rena

« Reply #717 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:33:04 »
Show Image

Pretty much Apple's customer support too... its super great and why I would never recommend anyone get an iPhone :)

That said I did manage to get access to music on my phone, though it required me to remove all the music from my phone first, as the update I was told I needed didn't actually fix the problem.
Never once have I used iTunes on windows without encountering a problem of some sort. Over a year ago when I still had that awful iphone 3 and attempted to sync it with iTunes, it would corrupt meta data and would even crash and wipe my phone, then proceed to take an hour or two reinstating the backup.

My parents apparently were once having an issue with iTunes in windows and when they called support the only solution they were given, apparently, was to "buy a Mac"

Real awful ****. I would hate to say that Samsung as a company is a step up from apple, with my S4, but using software that at least partially respects your freedoms is infinitately better.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #718 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 12:47:27 »
Show Image

Never once have I used iTunes on windows without encountering a problem of some sort. Over a year ago when I still had that awful iphone 3 and attempted to sync it with iTunes, it would corrupt meta data and would even crash and wipe my phone, then proceed to take an hour or two reinstating the backup.

My parents apparently were once having an issue with iTunes in windows and when they called support the only solution they were given, apparently, was to "buy a Mac"

Real awful ****. I would hate to say that Samsung as a company is a step up from apple, with my S4, but using software that at least partially respects your freedoms is infinitately better.

Yeah, I've been using iTunes on Windows for many years now (maybe since 2006?) and I much preferred the original version of the Zune software which was basically a skinned and fixed version of WMP... but iTunes has never been great... but it has been in my experience the easiest way to get your music managed without ****ing around with foobar (which I just don't really have the time for). Been an iPhone user since the 4 and yeah... I'm running out of patience and the new iOS is just awful, its so buggy and really just **** that the Galaxy 5S looks like my next phone, I'm kinda done with being ultra-restricted...

Though from all my friends that have mac's that aren't just blind morons iTunes is as **** on OS-X as it is on Windows... which I guess is something? lulz

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #719 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 13:26:48 »
I've got a Jiayu G3S. I don't really care about phones so I got this Chinese phone last year for 130 euro. Before that I still had a Nokia feature phone. The G3S has served me well so far. Certainly leagues ahead of anything you'll get on a budget in Europe.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #720 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 01:02:46 »
Oh oh can I join the iTunes hate fest?

Man I loved zune software.

Anyway, my s4 is still alive and kicking. Might upgrade to the s5 but I really don't see a need to as this one is still running great even with the numerous times I've dropped it at work. Gotta love that plastic body.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #721 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 01:13:32 »
Half of the new S5's 16GB is taken up by firmware and pre-installed software.

Just FYI.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #722 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 01:14:08 »
Oh oh can I join the iTunes hate fest?

Man I loved zune software.

Anyway, my s4 is still alive and kicking. Might upgrade to the s5 but I really don't see a need to as this one is still running great even with the numerous times I've dropped it at work. Gotta love that plastic body.

I still really like my S4. It does what I need it to at the moment. I will end up getting the S5 but not right when it comes out.

Did they ever say if the S5 has image stabilization?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline nereme

« Reply #723 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 08:31:06 »
Currently Using a Nokia 1020 and I really like the camera the OIS is really nice.

Software is a bit lackluster its much better than WP 7.0 though so am happy there. But will probably get rid of it soon due to a new job who i believe give me a work phone

Offline kmacwannabe

« Reply #724 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 09:53:55 »
I recently upgraded to an AT&T 32GB iPhone 5S.

It's not perfect, though.

The glass inserts on the back shattered after the 2nd drop. I had to buy a case, but I got the red one, and now it looks dirty. And the fingerprint sensor is only about 85% accurate on the first try. The second try is around 99% accurate.

The device is great though. iOS 7 is nearly flawless, and I love the feel of the bare aluminium when I hold it without the case.

I still haven't found a phone that can best the A7 in power, either. All of my friends' phones can't launch games or run them nearly as fast, and I mean, it's not even a competition.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #725 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 10:20:01 »
iPhone 4S since launch date. Still works great, but I need a new toy :(.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #726 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 11:39:46 »
Upgraded from a Nokia Lumia 720 to a 1520 last week. This thing is awesome. Much faster, though WP8 wasn't very slow to begin with, huge battery and a very good camera with ois.
The Nokia storyteller app is really great to show to friends and the camera app has a lot of possibilities for fine tuning, making it a really good camera.

It's a bit big (larger than a galaxy note) but I hardly ever use my phones one handed anyway.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #727 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 22:03:55 »
Just upgraded to the Nexus 5 a few days ago. My Galaxy Nexus was still working fine, despite all the ROM's, tests and general hell I put it through. But I just couldn't resist the Nexus 5, it's a thing of beauty, and lightning quick. Plus it goes well with my Nexus 7.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #728 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 06:54:07 »
I've also now upgraded to the Nexus 5. My ZTE Blade/orange San Francisco was getting VERY dated.

So far it's run everything I've thrown at it although it did get very warm when I used it for both satnav and music on a 4 hour journey.
Currently Using: Corsair K65 (MX Reds)
Own: IBM Model M | Logitech Illuminated | Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blues) [Waiting for Toxic] | Cherry D-91275

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #729 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 07:05:59 »
GPS will usually cause most phones to overheat. It's still nowhere near as bad as the Galaxy S4, though. That thing is ridiculous with how much it overheats.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline blackbox

« Reply #730 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 12:36:28 »
I have an Asus the new padfone infinity. It is an phone that can be converted to a tablet.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #731 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 13:26:57 »
I have an Asus the new padfone infinity. It is an phone that can be converted to a tablet.

I wonder how do you feel when you have to get the tablet against your ear to talk. I supose you have to use a hands free headset all the time. Isn't it akward?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #732 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 13:31:55 »
Using the N-Gage wasn't awkward... or was it?

Offline blackbox

« Reply #733 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 14:17:24 »

I wonder how do you feel when you have to get the tablet against your ear to talk. I supose you have to use a hands free headset all the time. Isn't it akward?

When it is in tabletmode it automatically uses the speakerphone. I usually answer with just the phone.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #734 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 12:21:33 »
Finally got my Nexus 5 tweaked to perfection.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #735 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 13:55:43 »
Using a Verizon HTC One. I plan on installing Cyanogen Mod on it some time soon.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #736 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 05:51:04 »
It's impressive... Apple actually managed to make iOS worse with 7.1... Now when msg'ing on pretty much any msg app if u end a sentence with any kind of symbol and send it, the keyboard won't auto change back to QWERTY it will be stuck on the symbol keys instead!

It's impressive, when you think about.. They managed to remove a feature that's been present since maybe iOS2?

Offline blackbox

« Reply #737 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 01:50:52 »
It's impressive... Apple actually managed to make iOS worse with 7.1... Now when msg'ing on pretty much any msg app if u end a sentence with any kind of symbol and send it, the keyboard won't auto change back to QWERTY it will be stuck on the symbol keys instead!

It's impressive, when you think about.. They managed to remove a feature that's been present since maybe iOS2?

good job apple, good job.

The LAN table!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #738 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 07:44:15 »
They also managed to upgrade the keyboard lag! :D

Offline blackbox

« Reply #739 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 09:08:44 »

oh so it is 7.-1? Again apple, good job

The LAN table!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #740 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 09:18:04 »

When it is in tabletmode it automatically uses the speakerphone. I usually answer with just the phone.

Well, the boundaries between a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet, and a phone are getting blured as technology allows a more sophisticated device to be fitted in a smaller package. However, I think that the function and the usefulness still rule. The best part if to have different offerings in the market.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #741 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 10:26:47 »

oh so it is 7.-1? Again apple, good job

:D

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #742 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:37:11 »
Just saw the HTC One M8. It looks really good imho. Esp with the dot view case.
Thinking whether should I get it. Currently using an iPhone 4S as a daily driver. I have a Nexus 4 as well sitting somewhere in my room. :3
Thoughts ?
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Glissant

« Reply #743 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 08:12:37 »
I would get the HTC One M8 in a heartbeat if I didn't already have the SGS4. I would definitely upgrade from an iPhone s4 or a Nexus 4.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #744 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 06:01:25 »
I wonder if the new HTC One will have the sane speaker problems. I use the m7 and had it repaired twice now only to get the same problem again! Crackling blown speaker sound.

I want to go back to something smaller that I can operate with one hand.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #745 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 07:22:46 »
I hear that the speakers on the new One are better. Haven't tested it for myself for anything, but all the reviews say that they are even better than the old ones (sound quality wise)

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #746 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 07:58:46 »
Awesome it is a nice phone. And not all plastic. Maybe I can trade up

Offline boradori007

• I'm trippin bear balls.
« Reply #747 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:04:54 »
note 3 > all

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #748 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:23:52 »
dropped my S4 numerous times at work this week.

still alive.

god i hate this phone, it won't give me a reason to upgrade :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #749 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:20:19 »
Bold 9900, love blackberry's keyboard hoping the next keyboard phone from them is amazing.
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]