Author Topic: Blues Are Crunchy Dude  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Keylamity

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 23:02:59 »
Hey, how come you Cherry blues nitwits on here always carrying on blue this blue that never mentioned the crunch?  Here I am with keylamity flying all over this new little Leo and the blue clicks run altogether like fresh Canadian snow under your boot. :smow:  Sure, one key clicks.  But the pitch or ...or something when these things all run together have a slightly crunching sensation in my ears.  I have big ears, that's true, but still.

I like it.  I might keep it.  The spacebar doesn't squeak....still waiting for that little phenomena to fade from my Otaku browns.  Otaku...you know how close I came to a tax audit getting numbers mixed up on that thing? Who knows where the numbers are on a tenkeyless board?

Accountants who use tenkeyless boards, that's who....geeks of the geeks.  Raise your hand if you're an accountant and you use a tenkeyless board  :wave:....there's our next forum moderator.:nerd:

Aside from that, Otaku is, you know, ok.  

And then I put a blank red key for Esc.  

Now even my bad boy Leo browns are crunchy, dude!  Squeak!

-Key

(pics when my I find my camera. seriously. I lost my camera)

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 23:06:45 »
You are one bad @$$ accountant dude!!! :rockon:
Keyboardless

Offline Keylamity

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 23:12:20 »
Quote from: ripster;344746
Look for your camera under the snow pile.

Isn't that stuff melting in Canada yet?

Nope....wait for it....2 weeks you'll hear a huge flushing sound and half of Calgary will be under water, which, if I think if it, sounds like 90wpm on a Topre.  The underwater sound, that is, not the flushing.  And no comment on that from the Cherry peanut gallery.

Offline Keylamity

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 23:22:24 »
Quote from: ripster;344757
Bwahahaha!  This is why I like Canadians better than Germans.  Better sense of humor.  Not that Germans have one of course.

I dunno...look at the new Beetle.  Or the old one.  Although last week my uncle bought a 2004 Porsche GT3 and got us up to 220 (he's not sure if we hit 220, he said, he stopped looking at 210 when he got pretty busy) and I gotta say the sound of that German engineering purring was not unlike keylamity on a Topre.  Your fingers are fibrating, and you feel it in your chest.

Offline BucklingSpring

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 09:29:35 »
Quote from: harrison;344894
unless that was MPH, that's just a warm up lap for a porsche.  I had my tuned GTI up over 260kph on numerous occasions.

Blue Rocks! - Recently sold my MX Blue STi toy
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Chobopants

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 10:15:27 »
Haha don't make me post a picture of my GTI, sadly it's black and will not fit in this thread.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 06:36:40 »
Wrong Axis power, BucklingSpring.

I never really thought of the "crunchy" thing, but yeah, I can see it on my Scorpius M10.

Also, I've had my Mk2 Golf to an amazing 90 mph. That's about 145 km/h.

(Of course, it was a 1.6L naturally aspirated diesel with 52 hp, so 90 mph is asking a lot.)

Offline BucklingSpring

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 08:19:51 »
At first I was not fond of the MX. Coming from a high end rubber dome world (if you allow me to use high end) with also experience on buckling springs, I thought the MX were not very fluid. But after a while I got used to the metal on metal feel which tend to decrease overtime as they wear.

There are two ways to go fast in a VW… Which one did you use for your record :-)

Hahaha… I don't know if the speedo was accurate on the old vw beetle but my dad was an irresponsible hippy boy racer. As a kid I recall him redlining it at 100+mph more than once.

He even got clocked at that speed by a police officer. My dad contested the ticket in court and won. He had no problem to convince the judge that the car couldn't go that fast. heheheheh
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline redpill

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 09:43:16 »
Carbonschwartz has a cool charcoal blue cast to it

German cars FTW (top speeds achieved remain undisclosed!)

1st & 2nd gear on a cold morning, now THAT'S crunchy!

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline sealcouch

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 10:11:26 »
Blues are crunchy. Living with a roommate that plays FPS and types drawn out forum responses on a Filco with Cherry MX blues, I can honestly say its about as bad as someone eating Sun Chips with their mouth open. And imagine it's Michael J. Fox eating the chips, shaking and rattling the bag. Imagine this happening during a screening of The Phantom Menace.

That's about how Cherry blues sound to me.  
I like browns and buckling springs. Buckling springs make me feel like I'm punching someone in the face over and over.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 10:45:30 »
I'm rocking a Das Ulti w/ blues, and I love the feel and sound. It'll be interesting to compare them to the Filco brown that should be arriving tomorrow

Offline MrSneis

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 15:19:50 »
Crap-rado FTW!
Filco Tenkeyless Brown | Filco Tenkeyless-2 Blue | Leopold Tenkeyless Blue

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 18:26:38 »
Quote from: sealcouch;345342
Blues are crunchy

i crunched my blue golf gti and broke the axle. oops.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline Keylamity

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 21:56:22 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;345308
Hahaha… I don't know if the speedo was accurate on the old vw beetle but my dad was an irresponsible hippy boy racer. As a kid I recall him redlining it at 100+mph more than once.

He even got clocked at that speed by a police officer. My dad contested the ticket in court and won. He had no problem to convince the judge that the car couldn't go that fast. heheheheh

I once got pulled over in my orange '72 Super Beetle and by the time the officer got to my window he was laughing, saying  "I didn't know these things could go that fast!".  I was at the bottom of a five mile long hill when he snagged me.  

1300cc's of gravity-stricken German engineering.  Crunchy.

Offline Keylamity

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 21:59:08 »
Quote from: sealcouch;345342
Blues are crunchy. ....eating Sun Chips with their mouth open. And imagine it's Michael J. Fox eating the chips, shaking and rattling the bag.  That's about how Cherry blues sound to me.  

....while walking on a field of loosely-rolled aluminum foil balls....in snowshoes......

Offline BucklingSpring

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 22:09:11 »
Quote from: Keylamity;345597
1300cc's of gravity-stricken German engineering.  Crunchy.

Dad was buying them new and was beating the crap out of the poor things for 3-5 year until the engine died. Not bad at all for a $3500 car. I don't even think he was doing the recommended maintenance on it.

Those little "people's car:" we well built. MX Crunchy in a inexpensive package.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline audioave10

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 22:32:06 »
I've only had a 1971 Blue Mustang back in 1976.

DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline RickyJ

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 13 May 2011, 00:00:46 »
Quote from: harrison;344894
unless that was MPH, that's just a warm up lap for a porsche.  I had my tuned GTI up over 260kph on numerous occasions.

While it's no K04 1.8t, my 144whp 1.8L 8v GLI has hit 220kph several times.

The newer/comfier toy I've only bothered to hit 200kph, with windows down and sunroof open in 4th.

Still need to get me some Cherry blue tenkeyless love though.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 May 2011, 00:06:09 by RickyJ »
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline RickyJ

Blues Are Crunchy Dude
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 14 May 2011, 13:47:03 »
My keyboards go clickety-clack, just like my crazy big-cammed solid-lifter engines! :D  Passing someone at full throttle on my keyboard doesn't have the same "WTF was that?!" effect though.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc