Author Topic: the Norbaforce: after-market housing for RealForce TKL keyboards — SHIPPED  (Read 249518 times)

Offline ninjapirate

• @ninjapirate9901
Just got my Aperture finish case in, gorgeous!

Show Image

Wow, this looks gorgeous! Love the texture of the board and also how it looks with the black keycaps!

In hindsight, I think I would not go with the "regular" silver again. Don't get me wrong, it is still super nice, clean and of nice quality (and the pictures of it were the reason why I decided to buy one in the first place. They looked so good! And actually, now that I think about it, I even think these photos were the reason why I hunted down a grey realforce in the first place, I think month before this buy actually started XD). But the all those special colors are just too nice to buy "just" a silver one (even tho I didn't want to have a black one with white / grey keycaps anyways).

Yeah the finish came out really nice. Planning to try some mx sliders and BKE heavies so I can use my other caps, I'm thinking Tokyo Nights or Carbon Bones would look pretty sweet on this.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...

Show Image

Wow, this looks gorgeous! Love the texture of the board and also how it looks with the black keycaps!

In hindsight, I think I would not go with the "regular" silver again. Don't get me wrong, it is still super nice, clean and of nice quality (and the pictures of it were the reason why I decided to buy one in the first place. They looked so good! And actually, now that I think about it, I even think these photos were the reason why I hunted down a grey realforce in the first place, I think month before this buy actually started XD). But the all those special colors are just too nice to buy "just" a silver one (even tho I didn't want to have a black one with white / grey keycaps anyways).

Yeah the finish came out really nice. Planning to try some mx sliders and BKE heavies so I can use my other caps, I'm thinking Tokyo Nights or Carbon Bones would look pretty sweet on this.

Oh yeah, I bet Carbon Bones will look awesome on it. I would also try out that new SA Laser that is coming out soon.
I have Royal black version, currently using it with Carbon, amazing combo.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phorx

• ―\_(ツ)_/―
Could a R2 Realforce be mounted in this housing?  I know that the pcb included with the Norbaforce  isn’t compatible, just wondering if I could get it to fit securely.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 April 2019, 09:56:31 by phorx »

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
Could a R2 Realforce be mounted in this housing?  I know that the pcb included with the Norbaforce  isn’t compatible, just wondering if I could get it to fit securely.

No, but he'll soon be making a Mark II version that'll fit the R2.
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

https://www.keebtalk.com/t/ic-the-norbaforce-mark-ii

Offline Rumblehotep

Anyone know offhand the type of screws the Realforce uses for pcb/plate securing?
Lil' buggers are real soft, especially the silver/circle ones and I've stripped a couple.
Need to reseat my enter key dome (only activates in the very middle) and though pliers worked for removal I'd rather use a fresh screw.

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site

Show Image

What an amazing photo! Thanks for sharing. :D

Offline Latto

After much ado here's my build. Topre endgame for me. Thanks Ryan!!

Offline phorx

• ―\_(ツ)_/―
I gotta say, those winkeyless cases really are next level.  Great picture!

Offline norbauer

Hi all. Just wanted to say that I'm down to the last three Norbaforce Round 1 extras, one of which is a WKL housing.

They're all in the Aperture finish, which has proved very popular on subsequent designs but wasn't actually available in the original Norbaforce GB. It's what appears in Latto's photo above.

Offline ihalatch

Hi all. Just wanted to say that I'm down to the last three Norbaforce Round 1 extras, one of which is a WKL housing.

They're all in the Aperture finish, which has proved very popular on subsequent designs but wasn't actually available in the original Norbaforce GB. It's what appears in Latto's photo above.

Will there be another run with the Aperture finish? It'll be great if you can make it mate next time.

Offline norbauer

Will there be another run with the Aperture finish? It'll be great if you can make it mate next time.

I think next time I'll probably try another similar but not identical hammertone finish, just for the sake of variety. Haven't gotten so far along as finalizing colors yet, however, as I'm still several months off from being able even to start a GB.

Offline phinix

what is the angle of Norbaforce?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline norbauer

3 degrees with risers attached. 0 degrees without.

Offline phinix

Thanks, I forgot that one:)

Offline phinix

Quick question - will new round 2 version be different from R1?
For example would it have different angle? Maybe higher feet?
Or will it be 3 degrees with risers, same as first round?

Offline norbauer

All external features will be the same as Mark I other than a slightly differently sized USB through-hole.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
All external features will be the same as Mark I other than a slightly differently sized USB through-hole.

What about finishes?  Anything new planned?

Offline phorx

• ―\_(ツ)_/―

What about finishes?  Anything new planned?

Praying for astrophysical purple to make a return

Offline profanum429

Finally acquired one of these :)

I love it!

Offline norbauer

Awesome; thanks for the feedback profanum429!

Incidentally, I just today put up a GB for some stainless steel PVD rear cover plates for the Norbaforce. They act as weights and (modest) sound dampeners.

« Last Edit: Tue, 02 July 2019, 12:57:30 by norbauer »

Offline keyberzerker

Incidentally, I just today put up a GB for some stainless steel PVD rear cover plates for the Norbaforce. They as weights and (modest) sound dampeners.

Wow...I just got the Gold brushed one...

Now I need that Norbaforce Mark II For my R2 in Astrophysical purple or at least Motorsport Yellow.

Offline profanum429

Incidentally, I just today put up a GB for some stainless steel PVD rear cover plates for the Norbaforce. They as weights and (modest) sound dampeners.

Hah, I was just thinking about that last night. In for a brushed gold one :)

Offline norbauer

Wow...I just got the Gold brushed one...

Now I need that Norbaforce Mark II For my R2 in Astrophysical purple or at least Motorsport Yellow.

I do indeed plan to include Astrophysical among the Mark II options. :)

Offline profanum429

Hopefully there was enough interest in the PVD backplates that they get made :) I’m also on the lookout for an aerospace aluminum WKL case if anyone has a spare! :)

Offline norbauer

Hopefully there was enough interest in the PVD backplates that they get made :) I’m also on the lookout for an aerospace aluminum WKL case if anyone has a spare! :)

There definitely was! I forgot to send a reminder email to my list, so I extended the group buy close until Wednesday, but I'll be submitting the order before the week is over. :)

Offline norbauer

Re: the Norbaforce: after-market housing for RealForce TKL keyboards — SHIPPED
« Reply #1126 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:34:45 »
Just a quick update to say that there is now a Mark II version of this original GB available for pre-order, and since the Mark I one shipped long ago, I'm going to follow GeekHack guidelines and close down this thread. Any questions, feel free to pose over in the new thread. Thanks!