Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433290 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline Snooter

Re: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]
« Reply #2003 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 17:25:02 »
I've never been a part of Bunny's group buys when they start so I have one question for anyone who knows. Does he post the exact kits and pricing at all beforehand or does he just say its open and you find out pricing then?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2004 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 17:38:12 »
So it might be a first come, first serve thing?  Looks like I might not be getting any sleep this week.   :o

this will be the last info on them prior to the buy going live

the bots will be limited
you will be able to choose either mx or topre
they are not so limited there is no chance you will get a set, but being on the ball when the buy goes live will do a lot to improve your chances
anyone who tries to game the system in any way will not get a set

I just love that you've taken this Group Buy to a new level (really was there any doubt to begin with).  Looking forward to inputting my order again, hence I suspect Geekhack will most probably go into melt down as everyone tries to get in line  ;D .

Also you need to keep an eye out for the cheats because there are a fair few here residing on GH.  Although it would prove difficult to weed out those scumbags when the orders start flowing in fast.

Thank you again Bunny for running this  :thumb: .

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #2005 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 18:02:51 »
I've never been a part of Bunny's group buys when they start so I have one question for anyone who knows. Does he post the exact kits and pricing at all beforehand or does he just say its open and you find out pricing then?

CtrlAltStore buys happen on [url]https://ctrlaltgroupbuy.com[url]. You can take a look at the archived buys to get a feel for how it'll all work. When the buy goes live you'll be able to see kits and prices, and check out. Checking out doesn't charge you. It just confirms your order so that later on, BunnyLake can send you an invoice which needs to be paid before the end of the group buy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2006 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 18:05:55 »

Bunny posts the minimum items you will get at the maximum price he will charge.

Sometimes you get extras in your package.

Sometimes the price turns out a bit lower.

Fantastic! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Snooter

« Reply #2007 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 18:10:50 »

I wasn't super clear but I meant it like this. I've seen some GB where the person conducting it posts all the kits and  prices and hour before  the order form opens. I assume this is to let people tally up what they want and such. I didn't know if bunny did anything like this or he just says "hey guys GB is up on crtalt website go get em!"

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2008 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 18:23:24 »

I wasn't super clear but I meant it like this. I've seen some GB where the person conducting it posts all the kits and  prices and hour before  the order form opens. I assume this is to let people tally up what they want and such. I didn't know if bunny did anything like this or he just says "hey guys GB is up on crtalt website go get em!"

so a couple points raised above

with this buy, you will have the choice to pay at checkout, or be invoiced

i will post the final mockups and kits before the buy goes up

all pricing will be announced when the buy goes up

we will send out emails to anyone who is signed up to ctrl alt was or was on the original order list for this gb when the buy goes live

as stated above, pricing will be fixed, the kits we post up will be the bare minimum you will receive if you buy that kit, if we hit larger numbers than i guess when setting the pricing, we add more keys in
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2009 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 18:42:21 »

so a couple points raised above

with this buy, you will have the choice to pay at checkout, or be invoiced

i will post the final mockups and kits before the buy goes up

all pricing will be announced when the buy goes up

we will send out emails to anyone who is signed up to ctrl alt was or was on the original order list for this gb when the buy goes live

as stated above, pricing will be fixed, the kits we post up will be the bare minimum you will receive if you buy that kit, if we hit larger numbers than i guess when setting the pricing, we add more keys in

... AND ... this is NOT the GB thread - Bunny will open a new thread when the new GB goes live :)

Offline justnits

« Reply #2010 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 18:55:50 »
So it might be a first come, first serve thing?  Looks like I might not be getting any sleep this week.   :eek:

the bots will be limited
they are not so limited there is no chance you will get a set, but being on the ball when the buy goes live will do a lot to improve your chances

hey bunny, what about those of us who consolidate our orders into a single order to save shipping cost? will we get a shot at getting the brobots as well or do we have to do individual order and then later let u know what orders to merge?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2011 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 19:04:51 »
So it might be a first come, first serve thing?  Looks like I might not be getting any sleep this week.   :eek:

the bots will be limited

hey bunny, what about those of us who consolidate our orders into a single order to save shipping cost? will we get a shot at getting the brobots as well or do we have to do individual order and then later let u know what orders to merge?

only a chance at one brobot pack per order

there will also be a stipulation in place that only paid orders by a certain time will be eligible for the pack to stop people trying to game the system

i have all the rules and stipulations written up clearly, these arent to make people jump through hoops, its simply to protect people who genuinely want a pack missing out by people trying to take advantage

Offline justnits

« Reply #2012 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 19:10:22 »

the bots will be limited

only a chance at one brobot pack per order

there will also be a stipulation in place that only paid orders by a certain time will be eligible for the pack to stop people trying to game the system

i have all the rules and stipulations written up clearly, these arent to make people jump through hoops, its simply to protect people who genuinely want a pack missing out by people trying to take advantage

glad that you will put up a rules to clear things up :)
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2013 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 20:19:29 »

That's the Bunnyman for you, keeping it safe and secure for everyone here  :thumb: .  Can't wait for this to go LIVE  :o

The poor wallet has been lubed furiously and is awaiting a really large order of goodness.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 March 2014, 20:21:16 by Elrick »

Offline keymaster3

« Reply #2014 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 21:43:45 »
Awesome how do we get on the email list??

Edit: Wait nvm I did some research...
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 March 2014, 21:50:35 by keymaster3 »
[WTB] BROCAP V2! Send em my way boys ;)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2015 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 22:25:15 »

That's the Bunnyman for you, keeping it safe and secure for everyone here  :thumb: .  Can't wait for this to go LIVE  :o

The poor wallet has been lubed furiously and is awaiting a really large order of goodness.

I've been keeping my eye on this set and between how awesome it is in itself, plus the vendor extras and now it going through Bunny's store it's gone from definitely going to by, to, most definitely absolutely going to buy. I've missed some things but I'm ready this time. My wallet may be getting a gimp suit for the abuse I'm preparing to put it through.

Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2016 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:09:33 »
I feel very thankful that I snagged a Toxic T1 in a dibs event. I'm sorely tempted to buy this set and the accompanying bros, as I love the colors and the Toxic Sludge, but I told myself that Raindrop would be my last SP DCS, and I'm going to stick to it :thumb:

That's good news for some though, as you'll have one less competitor on Wednesday ;)

Great work Bunny and Bro Caps for making such a cool buy possible after so long.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2017 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:11:09 »
I'm sorely tempted to buy this set and the accompanying bros, as I love the colors and the Toxic Sludge, but I told myself that Raindrop would be my last SP DCS, and I'm going to stick to it :thumb:

Same here, I always keep telling myself this is the LAST SP key-set for myself, but like a pvssy in a bordello you will always get shafted with new choices  :thumb: .  How can you miss out on that?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2018 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:14:46 »
Wednesday UK time (Bunny) or Pacific time (Bro Caps)? Either way, I am SOL.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #2019 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:17:25 »
Wednesday UK time (Bunny) or Pacific time (Bro Caps)? Either way, I am SOL.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing myself... depending on if it is first come first serve or lottery within fist x amount of time.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2020 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:18:59 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55452.0

more info

as for a time

we dont have a set amount of time, itll be whenever we get the site ready

i will announce closer to the time

Offline elllit

« Reply #2021 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:19:35 »
That collab!

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #2022 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:35:04 »
Yes finally :)

Offline Heimdall_

« Reply #2023 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 02:40:48 »
guys usually one brobot how much is it? I really like it but i'd like to have an idea of its price.

thanks

Offline jufa

« Reply #2024 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 03:08:30 »
guys usually one brobot how much is it? I really like it but i'd like to have an idea of its price.

thanks

you can check at http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=145.0

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2025 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 04:55:12 »

thanks

In his last sale I think they went for somewhere around $20-40.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Heimdall_

« Reply #2026 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 07:03:59 »
thank you guys

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2027 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:42:18 »
So Im trying to make sure I understand whats going on here since its not really explained clearly IMO. We're waiting on Ctrl Alt Store to post up a new GB for the toxic set? We can only get a shot at the toxic bros by purchasing at least one TKL toxic set through the Ctrl Alt Store when they post the GB? I'm literally only interested in the brobots and want to make sure I don't miss a chance at getting a set.

Is there a reasonable chance at getting a Bro? I'll be pretty bummed if I buy a keycap set I have no use for or interest in and then miss out on getting a Bro ...

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2028 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:50:00 »
So Im trying to make sure I understand whats going on here since its not really explained clearly IMO. We're waiting on Ctrl Alt Store to post up a new GB for the toxic set? We can only get a shot at the toxic bros by purchasing at least one TKL toxic set through the Ctrl Alt Store when they post the GB? I'm literally only interested in the brobots and want to make sure I don't miss a chance at getting a set.

Is there a reasonable chance at getting a Bro? I'll be pretty bummed if I buy a keycap set I have no use for or interest in and then miss out on getting a Bro ...

Given this, this offer really isn't for you. The BroBots are meant to be an added bonus for people who are excited about and have waited so long for the Toxic group buy. There is no way to get the BroBot add-on pack without getting at least a TKL set. In fact, your invoice for the TKL set must be paid BEFORE you know whether you got a BroBot pack. So if you're only in this for the BroBots, I recommend reconsidering. There will be other opportunities for BroBots.

Offline Snooter

« Reply #2029 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:50:06 »

That is basically the gist of the rules, you need to buy a TKL set and also show interest in the Bots set to have a chance at being able to purchase the bots set. However, you are really missing the point of the Toxic bots imo... They are reallymeant to go with the Toxic set so buying into this GB just to get the brobots is like the total opposite of what these bots are about.

I am sure if you buy a TKL set and then don't win a chance to buy the brobots you can always ask for a refund and Bunny will give you the money back.

Offline Ishamael

The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]
« Reply #2030 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:50:33 »
I believe your understanding is correct. While I don't know the odds of getting a BroBot, it seems that so long as you have paid within 7 days and have bought at least a TKL set, you have as good a chance as anyone one else who has done the same.

Edit: forgot the mention that you need to indicate you want a chance at a BroBot at checkout.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2031 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:50:36 »

the bots are a special add on pack for people who are participating in this groupbuy

if you just want to buy bro bots, you are best off waiting for the next bro bot sale

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2032 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:53:35 »
I am sure if you buy a TKL set and then don't win a chance to buy the brobots you can always ask for a refund and Bunny will give you the money back.

Please don't labor under this assumption. He's actually going to be invoicing for the TKL set BEFORE notifying you about the BroBot pack. To ask for a refund if you find out that you didn't get the BroBot pack would be right scummy. If you genuinely need a refund, I'm sure he'd give it, but I'd consider the above to be taking advantage of his good nature.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2033 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 08:58:21 »

Please don't labor under this assumption. He's actually going to be invoicing for the TKL set BEFORE notifying you about the BroBot pack. To ask for a refund if you find out that you didn't get the BroBot pack would be right scummy. If you genuinely need a refund, I'm sure he'd give it, but I'd consider the above to be taking advantage of his good nature.

Exactly! This is an incentive to get close to the order numbers from the initial GB.

Worst thing that could happen to you is that you don't get a BroBot and have to sell the Toxic Set for -5$ in the classifieds.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2034 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:00:18 »

this, if people want a refund before the buy ends, i would of course honor this, HOWEVER, if people do this, and it is clear that the reason for it is because they only ordered to get a bot, and are purposefully trying to take advantage of the system, they will certainly not be welcome to take part in anything we do with ctrl alt again

to make this clear a final time

we are providing this bot pack as an ADD ON for people who are ALREADY wanting to take part in this gb, if you only want a set of bots, this is not aimed at you, there will be future bro bot only sales, both from bro caps himself as well as vendors in the future including ctrl alt

adding the bots takes a lot of time and work on both mine and bro caps parts, and we are doing this for the toxic group buy, this is NOT a brobot sale, they will be coming soon
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:06:36 by BunnyLake »

Offline Snooter

« Reply #2035 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:02:45 »

Yea, that came out way nicer than I meant it to sound, I tried to dissuade him from even ordering it a couple lines up. All I meant was that if he went through with his order just for the bots, like I'm sure some people will let's face it, then Bunny is the kind of person who will probably give a refund if someone asks for it. Is it scummy, absolutely and I hate everything about it but, I just can't see Bunny refusing someone a refund.

As much as I didn't agree with what strict was trying to do I was just trying to answer his concernabout having to buy a set he didn't really want. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was encouraging him or anyone else to try this method. I am sure if they do they will go on Bunny's naughty list.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2036 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:04:09 »

Yea, that came out way nicer than I meant it to sound, I tried to dissuade him from even ordering it a couple lines up. All I meant was that if he went through with his order just for the bots, like I'm sure some people will let's face it, then Bunny is the kind of person who will probably give a refund if someone asks for it. Is it scummy, absolutely and I hate everything about it but, I just can't see Bunny refusing someone a refund.

As much as I didn't agree with what strict was trying to do I was just trying to answer his concernabout having to buy a set he didn't really want. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was encouraging him or anyone else to try this method. I am sure if they do they will go on Bunny's naughty list.

yes

naughty list

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2037 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:04:55 »

the bots are a special add on pack for people who are participating in this groupbuy

if you just want to buy bro bots, you are best off waiting for the next bro bot sale

I understand and have no issue with having to buy the toxic set to get a shot at getting the Bros. Even if I didn't get the brobots I wouldnt ask for a refund. I would just try to sell them in the classifieds or ebay or something. I just desperately want the toxic bros. They are some of the best looking Bros IMO.

I was just looking for more information in regards to my original question. We are waiting on Ctrl Alt Store to post a GB for the toxic set? Once that GB is posted we have to purchase at least one TKL set (with a comment noting interest in the bros) to be entered into the raffle for the bros? Im not trying to scam anyone or screw anyone over here, I just want a shot at the toxic bros even if the odds are not good I will get a set.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2038 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:09:33 »

I understand and have no issue with having to buy the toxic set to get a shot at getting the Bros. Even if I didn't get the brobots I wouldnt ask for a refund. I would just try to sell them in the classifieds or ebay or something. I just desperately want the toxic bros. They are some of the best looking Bros IMO.

I was just looking for more information in regards to my original question. We are waiting on Ctrl Alt Store to post a GB for the toxic set? Once that GB is posted we have to purchase at least one TKL set (with a comment noting interest in the bros) to be entered into the raffle for the bros? Im not trying to scam anyone or screw anyone over here, I just want a shot at the toxic bros even if the odds are not good I will get a set.

yes

the buy will go up tomorrow or friday

a new thread will be made and this one will be closed to avoid confusion

there is no raffle

the largest deciding factor as to who gets the bros will be time of order, with a few other things taken into consideration in some specific circumstances

there are a good number of bros up for grabs, we will release the number when the buy goes up, obviously we cant accommodate everyone, but if people are on the ball and follow the rules, there is a good chance at a pack

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2039 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:23:35 »

yes

there is no raffle

the largest deciding factor as to who gets the bros will be time of order, with a few other things taken into consideration in some specific circumstances

there are a good number of bros up for grabs, we will release the number when the buy goes up, obviously we cant accommodate everyone, but if people are on the ball and follow the rules, there is a good chance at a pack

Perfect, thank you! I really didn't intend to cause a stir quite like I did.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2040 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:25:06 »

yes

there is no raffle

Perfect, thank you! I really didn't intend to cause a stir quite like I did.

its no bother, im not here to tell people off, i just dont want people disappointed when entering for the wrong reasons,  what we really want is to get as many sets to go to the people who actually want them for and with this gb, the rules are really only in place to try and ensure as much as possible that people who want these for the set get them

Offline nereme

« Reply #2041 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:30:36 »
I am getting super excited for this :) any idea of a time the buy will go live at all bunny?

been waiting for this set for ages the bros if i can get em will go so well with the set

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2042 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:32:33 »
I am getting super excited for this :) any idea of a time the buy will go live at all bunny?

been waiting for this set for ages the bros if i can get em will go so well with the set

wednesday or friday

we are working really really really hard to be ready for tomorrow, thursday is a no go as im pretty busy in the evening and need to be around when the buy launches to take care of any issues

id really really like it up tomorrow, and its looking about 95% likely

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2043 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:35:46 »
Mr. BunnyLake, do I remember correctly that you mentioned sneaking 40% support into this? I'm really trying to rationalize this, :P

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #2044 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:37:58 »
Will you also release the actual price of the Bro Bot addon pack when the GB goes live? I'm still quite new at the whole keyboard thing, but I've been in this GB for quite a while now and the BBs look interesting :P

Also, could anyone help this newb figure out what key sets are needed for a KBT Pure? My main concern is the odd right hand Shift and Tilde.
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2045 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:39:36 »
Will you also release the actual price of the Bro Bot addon pack when the GB goes live? I'm still quite new at the whole keyboard thing, but I've been in this GB for quite a while now and the BBs look interesting :P

Everything will have a firm price when the buy goes live. Expect the bot pack to be around $50. ($25/bot, about the same as the last sale.)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2046 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:42:47 »
Mr. BunnyLake, do I remember correctly that you mentioned sneaking 40% support into this? I'm really trying to rationalize this, :P

its on the table right now

im wrestling with sp on some of the quotes right now

basically the quote i have been given on 2 of the kits, its totally insane, like im literally gonna have to sell them at a loss right now if they dont change to give people a reasonable price,  every other kit is inline with original quotes ore or less or what we expected, but 2 of them have come back weird, like total anomalies, i have done many buys now so i just know what the figures should be, and these are wrong, they said they will get back to me today with revisions, if they come back what they should be, there is every chance ill be able to get 40% in somewhere, but if they dont, im just gonna have to charge what i think is right for the 2 oddly priced kits, and make that lost money up elsewhere

from the beginning of taking this on, i knew getting the prices right was a big deal, and the kits are set in such a way to make the cost of the set as low as possible if people wanted that, but also offer a feature full kit for people who wanna spend a little extra

this will happen no matter what, but i also like to add keys after the fact, and if we cant wrestle down the quote on 2 of the kits, its gonna be very very hard to add much, hopefully i will get good news later today

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2047 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:47:20 »

its on the table right now

im wrestling with sp on some of the quotes right now

basically the quote i have been given on 2 of the kits, its totally insane, like im literally gonna have to sell them at a loss right now if they dont change to give people a reasonable price,  every other kit is inline with original quotes ore or less or what we expected, but 2 of them have come back weird, like total anomalies, i have done many buys now so i just know what the figures should be, and these are wrong, they said they will get back to me today with revisions, if they come back what they should be, there is every chance ill be able to get 40% in somewhere, but if they dont, im just gonna have to charge what i think is right for the 2 oddly priced kits, and make that lost money up elsewhere

from the beginning of taking this on, i knew getting the prices right was a big deal, and the kits are set in such a way to make the cost of the set as low as possible if people wanted that, but also offer a feature full kit for people who wanna spend a little extra

this will happen no matter what, but i also like to add keys after the fact, and if we cant wrestle down the quote on 2 of the kits, its gonna be very very hard to add much, hopefully i will get good news later today

Got it! Good luck with your negotiations, then. I hope you get good news :)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2048 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:48:08 »
You shouldn't be making a loss, Bunny. That's not the spirit of a group buy, really.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2049 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:58:21 »
You shouldn't be making a loss, Bunny. That's not the spirit of a group buy, really.

its fine

im convinced the quotes are wrong

ill ifnd a way to squeeze everything in at the right price dont worry