Author Topic: [IC] GMK Coral R2 - benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (GB: 6/22 - 7/15)  (Read 30867 times)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] GMK Coral R2 - benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 22 February 2022, 10:07:26 »
Hello, kitting has been updated.

With the introduction of 2 base kits, it was a difficult thing to figure out how the spacebars kit would play and where to put certain things.

The decision to put 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u, and extra B in base was one that I thought about for a long time. Although I would have loved to have those in the spacebars kit, it just would have made the spacebars kit extremely large and inevitably made the spacebars kit more expensive.

I've also removed the 2u shift from both base kits because its not that common of a layout (if you use a 60% with arrows, just move to a 65 or use VIA to set WASD/HJKL as arrows my guy) and I think 60% with arrows is cursed (sorry not sorry).

Please feel free to offer more suggestions (primarily around the spacebar situation).

Good calls all around. The current spacebar distribution is good, I don't think I'd change it further.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 13:48:30 »
Deskmat prototype photo added, collab list added.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 15:41:15 »
Coral Relief Base Kit photo added, may take more photos depending on how much time I have.
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline lakdsjfhklasdjfh

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 16:15:18 »
great to see the donations to the coral reef alliance and nice keycap set too, considering joining sometime!
simp for smooth linears and mid strength tactiles, currently looking for a good 1800 layout board

Offline Rpmorrison10

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 21:28:23 »
I can’t wait for this set. I love it. Good work

Offline YoungTerror

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 22:12:17 »
I am so in for each Base kit my guy. +2

Offline amorino

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 20:51:33 »
Love it, hyped for the HIBI collab.

Offline AeternusCo

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 10:02:46 »
I'm glad all the time spent on kitting considerations paid off, this looks fantastic.

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 10:13:26 »

With the introduction of 2 base kits, it was a difficult thing to figure out how the spacebars kit would play and where to put certain things.

The decision to put 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u, and extra B in base was one that I thought about for a long time. Although I would have loved to have those in the spacebars kit, it just would have made the spacebars kit extremely large and inevitably made the spacebars kit more expensive.

I've also removed the 2u shift from both base kits because its not that common of a layout (if you use a 60% with arrows, just move to a 65 or use VIA to set WASD/HJKL as arrows my guy) and I think 60% with arrows is cursed (sorry not sorry).

Please feel free to offer more suggestions (primarily around the spacebar situation).

Hoodrow, I'll pay you $10 for a B, haha

Offline AeternusCo

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 10:46:18 »

They're already in base, why negotiate against yourself like that 😅

Offline JHelsing

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 11:55:59 »
Wow, this looks great. Also considering this is R2 that means that it'll not be stuck on color matching for an eternity. GLWIC!

Offline Rpmorrison10

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 12:31:28 »

They're already in base, why negotiate against yourself like that 😅

He probably wants the second B for an R1 kit that didn’t have it.

Offline JHelsing

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 16:55:11 »
Wow, it looks so much better in actuality than in renders. I was going to pass this up originally when a friend showed me the renders but now seeing the actual color of the orange I might go for this.

Good luck with the interest check; hopefully everything goes well :D

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 20:04:38 »

This was honestly a very hard decision to make. But this was the best (my opinion) way to make this all work

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 20:41:35 »
Too good to pass up this time around. Will cop for this.

Offline jiminojimi

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 16:54:32 »
I'm keen for this

Offline Kerouac

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 10 April 2022, 02:55:48 »
when GB?i cant wait for it!

Offline superjackie

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 10 April 2022, 03:42:00 »
love corals

Offline neoknob

• Neo knob
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 10 April 2022, 05:08:08 »
Gorgeous set. Good Work!

Offline Rhodactis

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 16 April 2022, 21:02:48 »
If there is ever a round 3, I would love to see more coral novelties. Acropora, Zoanthus, Gorgonians, Euphyllia... I've got a saltwater tank and want to see more CORALS!!!
"A Typewriter is a means of transcribing thought, not expressing it."

"As expediter, the typewriter brought writing and speech and publication into close association."

-Marshall McLuhan

Offline superjackie

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 17 April 2022, 01:02:59 »
gb when

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 11:23:40 »
Hi all,

We are still working through quotes with GMK.

In the meanwhile, Winkey will be raffling off their GMK Coral themed artisans tomorrow at 10am CT

Instagram
Discord
Website (Raffle Link will be posted here)

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2022, 13:37:11 by HoodrowThrillson »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Small mini update, GB date is set.

Pricing will follow with no additional updates till we move into GB.

Offline Brittle73

I'm into this and would likely participate!

Offline superjackie

Any pricing information?

Offline Brittle73

Wait wait wait just to clarify, so there will be no split spacebar kit OR included in base? 2.25u+2.75u in the coral color at the very least? Am I missing part of the thread or is that correct?

I'm not sure that would kill this for me, but close. I was hoping if this came to fruition soon I could use it on a Dimple :/.

Offline Brittle73

Wait wait wait just to clarify, so there will be no split spacebar kit OR included in base? 2.25u+2.75u in the coral color at the very least? Am I missing part of the thread or is that correct?

I'm not sure that would kill this for me, but close. I was hoping if this came to fruition soon I could use it on a Dimple :/.

Nevermind, I see the white ones in base. Would be ideal to be able to choose from the coral ones without having to buy the darker base, but for production I get it. Gonna be more or less impossible to color match to find coral ones, so white it is.

Sorry, I went back and looked again. I look at a lot of keycaps lol.

Offline mymeepo

Can we get another fun deskmat design? :-)

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Pricing is up, GB page will be created later today (work is slamming me today)

Offline jalexanderc

Made an account just to ask

Will there be extras for the r2, and will purchasing them still result in 25% being donated to the Coral Reef Alliance? Found out about this set too late but I'm still hoping to contribute to the cause!

Thanks!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Will there be extras for the r2, and will purchasing them still result in 25% being donated to the Coral Reef Alliance? Found out about this set too late but I'm still hoping to contribute to the cause!

Thanks!

Since it ran, the GB thread is the best place do discuss GMK Coral R2 - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=117594.0

Vendors are currently estimating this set will ship in Q4 2023, at which time some will do doubt be selling extras.  Some might even take pre-orders at some point between now and delivery. 

Offline jalexanderc

Thanks!

Since it ran, the GB thread is the best place do discuss GMK Coral R2 - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=117594.0

Vendors are currently estimating this set will ship in Q4 2023, at which time some will do doubt be selling extras.  Some might even take pre-orders at some point between now and delivery.

Oh whoops, good catch! Thanks for the tip :)