Author Topic: Desktop speakers you like?  (Read 31431 times)

Offline EverythingIBM

Desktop speakers you like?
« on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 19:23:46 »
So what kind of typical desktop speakers do some geekhackers enjoy?

For my main computer I have a pair of Creative Inspire T3030s.

The treble is as good as it gets for bass-oriented modern speakers (over the years I've become more accustomed to it). However, the unique aspect of these is the "messy bass". If you crank the bass up to the max, it can really leak out a lot of bass. This is perfect for experimenting on my music when I want to determine if I have enough bass, or if it's too much.
Very fun. I don't consider it a negative aspect of these speakers at all. It's what makes them fun!

I got them for $60 on sale like five years ago.

For my old computer I use a pair of Creative SBS20s.

These are the ultimate when it comes to treble. They are the most "open" speakers I've ever heard... because of this, they really suffer for bass. But they bring out the essence of acoustic instruments.

One complaint of these was the slight "noise" due to any lack of a filter. I'm glad they never put a filter on; it would remove some of the [good] frequencies that you want. And to be honest, the fuzzing isn't very noticeable unless you amplify them to volumes that start to cause pain in the inner ear...
I play all of my old games on these; other speakers just don't sound right. That, and I'm so used to them.

They were like $20 from futureshop a VERY long time ago. Cheap, but perfect. Every dollar was worth it on these.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline iindigo

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 20:31:40 »
I used to have a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's that I really liked. They sounded great and were actually balanced enough to not need any EQ adjustments whatsoever.

Unfortunately, after ~4 years of use something broke in the sub and now the whole set is useless :(

Offline enoy21

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 21:48:22 »
I've read some awesome things about those Klipsch's sound quality.   I've also heard some horror stories about the control unit having a very flimsy connector that tends to break easily.  If I'm not mistaken , I think they sell a kit to replace it if it breaks for a pretty decent price.

I actually am still considering these as an upgrade to my crap Altec Lansings.    I don't have room or positions for a full 5.1 so I'm currently running them as a 3.1 with only Center , and front L/R and sub.  It gets the job done for gaming but not much else.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]
Filco MJ2 Ninja 87 [sold]

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 22:01:08 »
I bought a set of Logitech R-10s a year and a half or so ago for $15 from a local computer store. At the time, I thought it was a sweet deal, $15 for a set of speakers, and it was! They're great speakers for treble. They're pretty lacking when it comes to bass, but I kinda figured they would be. I plan to upgrade at some point, but I don't really know what I want to get. I was thinking 5.1, but I don't want to run all the wires.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28263[/ATTACH]
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 22:48:32 »
I want
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28265[/ATTACH]

I have :(
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28266[/ATTACH]

I wish that I could just blare my computer speakers all the time but my GF would kill me so I mainly use these
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28267[/ATTACH]
Nixon Master Blaster
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 October 2011, 00:10:47 by whiskerBox »
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 October 2011, 00:17:24 »
Quote from: whiskerBox;428132
I want
(Attachment Link) 28265[/ATTACH]

I have :(
(Attachment Link) 28266[/ATTACH]

I wish that I could just blare my computer speakers all the time but my GF would kill me so I mainly use these
(Attachment Link) 28267[/ATTACH]

You need a new gf, jk jk jk.

I don't care much about music being blared; it does become an issue when I compose. But I'm usually by myself when I do! As my audio workstation isn't portable. Well the software is... but my synths certainly aren't.

Quote from: Quarzac;428120
I bought a set of Logitech R-10s a year and a half or so ago for $15 from a local computer store. At the time, I thought it was a sweet deal, $15 for a set of speakers, and it was! They're great speakers for treble. They're pretty lacking when it comes to bass, but I kinda figured they would be. I plan to upgrade at some point, but I don't really know what I want to get. I was thinking 5.1, but I don't want to run all the wires.

(Attachment Link) 28263[/ATTACH]

Yeah, sometimes the cheapest speakers can sound the best.
--> it's worthy to note that speakers with bass often lose clarity in treble... and vice versa.

But I already have a system set up for certain music to be played on certain speakers.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline AvenZerg

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 14:10:07 »
I have these simple speakers which (to my surprise) are actually pretty good.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28482[/ATTACH]

but wouldn't it be cooler tho if i had this chair and give my guests one heck of a show lol..
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28483[/ATTACH]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Lanx

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 14:51:28 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28489[/ATTACH]
i have this.
don't know why the phone is being displayed lol

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 19:30:39 »
I just bought a set of Logitech X-530s. I had heard they were pretty good speakers, they're dirt cheap nowadays, and I wanted to upgrade to 5.1, so hopefully it'll be awesome.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28502[/ATTACH]

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 06:17:32 »
those 530's are nice, i got that for my fiance', she doesn't have a need for the rear speakers anymore so i stowed them away, still sound nice on music.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 16:24:56 »
Yeah, I got them today, and just finished setting them up. The treble quality is very, very close to just as good as the R-10s, and the bass is far, far better.

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 17:29:13 »
I used Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's for many years, until they finally blew out. Their reputation is well-deserved.

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline jnsjr

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 17:47:41 »
I have a set of the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1. I used them for the academic year last year, boxed them over the summer, and started using them again the first week of September. After less than 1 year of actual use, there are already two problems. They are a pretty bassy set, and I am forced to use headphones alot of the time. The headphone port on the right speaker is broken, and when I plug my headphones in, the speakers are no longer silent. There is very audible bleed, almost to the point where someone outside my room might not even realize I was wearing headphones. In addition, the volume of the satellite speakers seems to be decreasing as time goes on.  :tsk: This is incredibly annoying. I'll agree with both points made here, the quality control is subpar, but while they work, they are a great bargain for the price and sound great.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 October 2011, 17:52:28 by jnsjr »
Current Keyboards
Unicomp Space Saver (white) ~ HHKB2 ~ White Filco Red Cherry Limited Edition (Imsto Grey on White PBT + Group 3 keys + Awry keys)  ~ Realforce 87U 45g + Realforce 87U Variable + Realforce Numpad :biggrin1:+ MJ2 White Blue Cherry 87key

Keycaps
ClickClack Red Eye Skull *(2)* *(3)* *(4)*~ Black Eye Skull *(2)* *(3)* ~ Closeup ~  Topre WASD (Thanks Yak & DB!)

WTT & WTS
WTS White Filco Red Cherry Limited Edition (still deciding!)
Sold ~ Filco Blue Cherry; Majestouch 104 nonprinted keycaps; Noppoo Choco Mini 茶轴 (brown switches);  Topre 87u Variable ; Topre 87u 55g ; MY7000 Doubleshots ; Round 1 Doubleshots    
[/FONT]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Lanx

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 17:59:51 »
Quote from: Quarzac;430430
Yeah, I got them today, and just finished setting them up. The treble quality is very, very close to just as good as the R-10s, and the bass is far, far better.
a lot of wires to deal with lol as i'm sure you're prolly experiencing now, especially the rear speakers, wow so much cable. To deal with this i wall mounted the l/r and center speakers and wound up and put the excess in a cheap tupperware container... if you were wondering what to do about your new snakepit of wires.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 20:37:33 »
Quote from: Lanx;430516
a lot of wires to deal with lol as i'm sure you're prolly experiencing now, especially the rear speakers, wow so much cable. To deal with this i wall mounted the l/r and center speakers and wound up and put the excess in a cheap tupperware container... if you were wondering what to do about your new snakepit of wires.
I actually don't have too much excess, but I can't wall mount anything because my computer desk is against a window, and the other wires don't reach the back wall while following the perimeter of the room. It's not much of a snake pit though, since they're run along the edge of the room.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 15 October 2011, 01:31:53 »
that's cool, too bad everything is connected to the sub, my new soundbar i got from panasonic has a wireless subwoofer, it's awesome... i put it at the top of my closet and play dead island with it, i hope my upstairs neighbor has nightmares.

Offline Exoverture

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 16:19:53 »

M-Audio AV40s.

Went through the whole Logicrap line of speakers, they all suck.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 16:23:08 »
Do they have to look so ugly?  Anyone know of a good set of stereo speaks (not 2:1's) that are a bit better aesthetically and moderately priced?

Offline Rafen

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 16:50:37 »
Quote from: Quarzac;429826
I just bought a set of Logitech X-530s. I had heard they were pretty good speakers, they're dirt cheap nowadays, and I wanted to upgrade to 5.1, so hopefully it'll be awesome.
(Attachment Link) 28502[/ATTACH]
I have the same speakers and I love em. :nod:

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 17:58:23 »
Quote from: Lanx;431549
that's cool, too bad everything is connected to the sub, my new soundbar i got from panasonic has a wireless subwoofer, it's awesome... i put it at the top of my closet and play dead island with it, i hope my upstairs neighbor has nightmares.
My ideal speakers would be wireless 5.1s for less than $100. But I don't think that'll ever happen.

Quote from: Rafen;432458
I have the same speakers and I love em. :nod:
I've been using them for a couple days. A little bit of EQ tweaking to bring out the treble a bit, and they're fantastic. I don't do enough that utilizes the rear speakers though. And they're not quite as loud as I would like when they are in use.

Offline Exoverture

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 18:19:01 »
Quote from: Malphas;432450
Do they have to look so ugly?  Anyone know of a good set of stereo speaks (not 2:1's) that are a bit better aesthetically and moderately priced?

If you live in the states, or willing to pay customs otherwise, the best by far on an aesthetic/performance ratio are Swan speakers:

http://www.theaudioinsider.com/index.php?loudspeakers=swan-active-desktop-sound&cPath=21_24

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 19:36:07 »
Quote from: ripster;432513
If you live in the states the Mackie HR824/PrimaAcoustic Recoil Stabilizers have the worst price/aesthetic ratio.  That's why they are what I use.
(Attachment Link) 28796[/ATTACH]
I don't get it. Are they ugly and expensive, or pretty and cheap?

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 19:55:29 »
Quote from: ripster;432522
They are low in the WAF.
I didn't understand, but then I googled it. The second link is a wikipedia article. There's a wikipedia article on the WAF.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 20:58:40 »
It's ok. Now I could post a TIL on Reddit if I used Reddit very often.

Offline BarryGordon

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 23:01:01 »
Ripster, May I ask how you plug your speakers in? I have a pair of Mackie MR5's and I used to plug them through an Mbox 2 Interface but it freezes my computer for some reason so I'm looking for an alternative solution.

Offline BababooeyHTJ

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 17 October 2011, 21:13:59 »
Quote from: Exoverture;432449
Show Image

M-Audio AV40s.

Went through the whole Logicrap line of speakers, they all suck.

I have the same speakers, they sound great. I love them.

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 01:58:59 »
KRK RP 5 (aka Rokit 5).  Terrible name, decent speakers for the money.  I could do with something like those Recoils though I keep forgetting to buy some...

I used to have a pair of M-Audio but compared to the KRKs it was like listening with a sock over each ear.  They were cheap.

SOS review, 8/04

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28902[/ATTACH]
Conquering the world with BASIC since 1982

Offline pitashen

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 12:04:49 »
Quote from: Malphas;432450

Altho aesthetic is something rather subjective, but unfortunately, real good sounding speakers don't usually look slick (but then I have learned to appreciate the humble look of those studio monitors). If you want the best of both worlds (sound and look), it could mean you better have your pockets pretty deep and filled up with cash.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline nraymond

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 15:48:20 »
After going through a lot of computer speakers over the years, my current favorite (but not only) set is the Roland MA-15D combined with an Energy ESW-8 subwoofer.  I'm very keen on the flexibility of this setup - the MA-15D speakers have a subwoofer out integrated into them, which you don't have to use if you don't want to.  The subwoofer is a standard sub that could be used in a home theater setup.  The speakers have a 192Khz/24-bit DAC built into them, and have seperate volume controls for the analog and digital inputs (digital can be either coaxial or optical), so you can mix an analog and digital source in the speakers themselves with separate volume knobs right on the speakers.  Headphone jack on the speakers can drive a wide range of headphones as well.

Offline arplod

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 16:09:35 »
Quote from: BarryGordon;432589
Ripster, May I ask how you plug your speakers in? I have a pair of Mackie MR5's and I used to plug them through an Mbox 2 Interface but it freezes my computer for some reason so I'm looking for an alternative solution.

Use any soundcard - even a USB one - unless you need to run balanced, in which case invest in another pro audio interface. I like RME as they're incredibly versatile, but I would assume that >$700 is too rich for most. At the MBox level, I'd suggest something like the entry-level Focusrite Saffire.

I'm quite partial to the Creative Gigaworks T40 II's as a 'true desktop' speaker. All things considered, they throw out a decent sound.

My own usualy choice is the recently-superceded Genelec 8020A which I've got up on the wall. I downsized from an 8040A, which turned out to be massively mismatched to my relatively poky home office.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 October 2011, 16:12:17 by arplod »

Offline Supergleep

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 22 October 2011, 13:35:28 »
Second vote for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's. Mine have been going strong for 8 years now with no problems whatever. I paid $200 for them way back when, I saw them in Worst Buy the other day for $139 (!) Amazing speakers for the money.

If these ever die, I will be looking at a good pair of powered studio monitors as a replacement.
Filco Tenkeyless - Daily Driver  |  Filco Linear R - 87  | Filco 104 Ninja

Offline Cthulhu

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 11:04:51 »
Got a pair of Nubert nuPro A-20s, prices as ***** but i love them.
In seinem Haus in R\'lyeh wartet träumend der tote Cthulhu.

Offline phillip

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 13:16:23 »

i don't have a good picture of the sub available :/

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 17:31:21 »
I've just got a pair of AudioEngine 2's. Hot lil speakers for their driver size and foot print!
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=571&products_id=12299
Fit very very tidily on my tiny desk too!
Poker
QFR

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 29 October 2011, 04:21:46 »
Currently running M-Audio BX5a's because I got them for a great deal through a pawn shop on ebay. The speakers sound great but their missing a bit of the low end and the rear facing woofer port is not help as there is a window behind my desk and no w ay to get around it. I output to them using a Edirol FA-66 which is what I would recommended if you want 24bit/192khz. Price, Sound Quality, and Build Quality are both at the highest.

I would like to pick up a KRK Rokit 5 G2 as from what I heard (literally) they cant be beat for the price.

Offline Fobbah

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 01:27:47 »
Quote from: AvenZerg;429597
I have these simple speakers which (to my surprise) are actually pretty good.
(Attachment Link) 28482[/ATTACH]

but wouldn't it be cooler tho if i had this chair and give my guests one heck of a show lol..
(Attachment Link) 28483[/ATTACH]

I was actually going to drop in this thread and +1 my old Z4s. Sure they're not too powerful, but for the price range they really had the best sound for cheap desk speakers < $100 that i'd heard. Shame that logitech doesn't seem to make them anymore, I tried to buy another set for a friend and couldn't find them. Got him Z230s i think, which were more powerful but sounded terrible by comparison - and the stereo mini input jack gave me a moderate shock when i touched it!!! (grounding problem? hmmm.... not good.)

Seems to me their quality has gone downhill - but i guess these are just bog cheap speakers anyway so you get what you pay for.

Offline talis

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 18:10:17 »
Quote from: nathanscribe;433410
KRK RP 5 (aka Rokit 5).  Terrible name, decent speakers for the money.  I could do with something like those Recoils though I keep forgetting to buy some...

I used to have a pair of M-Audio but compared to the KRKs it was like listening with a sock over each ear.  They were cheap.

SOS review, 8/04

(Attachment Link) 28902[/ATTACH]

That reviews for the first generation RP5's, the G2s are as good or a little better.  I have a pair of the RP5G2s and am glad I picked them up.  They definately aren't pro-studio quality, but they blow pretty much anything else in that price range away.  The front porting is a big plus when you're using them on a computer desk to IMO, definately worth the investment.

Even accounting for crappy room acoustics, I managed to get them almost dead flat with no more then about +/- 3dB in any band.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 October 2011, 18:14:18 by talis »

Offline TOZZIL

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 11:26:04 »
I got a Teufel Concept c200.
Nice little thing with build-in usb soundcard. Got them for christmas for 179€s .
Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Raptor Gaming K1 with GhettoReds

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 13:22:14 »
Swan M-10, nice mini 2.1 setup. Excuse the logitech keyboard, its an old pic. =P

REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline Chalky White

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 00:10:06 »
I own a pair of the Cakewalk MA-15D's and they sound stellar...digital optical input, sub out...all for $150
IMO the best powered monitors under $200

http://www.roland.com/products/en/MA-15D/

Offline ktkr

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 14:10:55 »
I have a pair of GENELEC 8030A with matching 7050B subwoofer. I've owned my share of so-called "computer speakers" and cheaper monitors ($200~$400 a pair) such as ESI and KRK, but these are worlds apart in terms of sound, build quality and looks (this is very subjective though). Well, these do cost more than my high-end computer, not counting displays or keyboards.

« Last Edit: Sat, 12 November 2011, 14:16:31 by ktkr »

Offline himynameisbunny

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 09:17:02 »
Quote from: Chalky White;450405
I own a pair of the Cakewalk MA-15D's and they sound stellar...digital optical input, sub out...all for $150
IMO the best powered monitors under $200

http://www.roland.com/products/en/MA-15D/

Oh dear.

I've been looking for monitors and a DAC seperately. Look on ebay, somebody is selling a pair just 10 minutes drive from my place.

Looks like I'm out of pocket $189 lol

Sent from my VegaComb using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 12:21:33 »
This thread has turned into a powered monitor showoff!
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline popol

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 13:27:58 »

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 15:47:54 »
Quote from: talis;442938
They definately aren't pro-studio quality, but they blow pretty much anything else in that price range away.

I think most professional studio monitors would cost several times the RP5s, so it's not much of a competition - but for home use they're pretty good, I agree.  I've got terrible acoustics here but at normal seated distance I think I'm hearing things just fine, and I'll probably try some non-ported design for my next pair.  AE22 maybe.  Meanwhile, a pair of isolation pads will help I think.
Conquering the world with BASIC since 1982

Offline himynameisbunny

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 20:40:49 »
Well well well. I've got the MA-15Ds hooked up in front of me now, playing Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light".

It's only playing through my phone, so it's not exactly the ideal way to be listening to it. But I've gotta say, I'm pretty impressed. It feels like the sound is coming out of my screen! (i.e. I'm actually inside what I'm doing on the PC)

Glad I got these instead of jumping for the Audioengines on PCCG and then having to fork out for an external DAC too!

It is very detailed. There is too much bass though and it's a bit boomy, so I've turned that down a tad. The only thing I don't like about these speakers is the imperfections it shows up.

Wasting Light, if any of you have been following the Fighters, was recorded on tape. So it had some imperfections. The one that keeps showing up is some distortion on the bass drum.

I thought it was just my car speakers but I've since listened to it with my Shure SRH440s and these and it shows up both. Maybe I should check out the vinyl rip and see if it happens there too.

Other than that, I think a very worthy (and lucky) purchase.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 11:13:31 »
I just use a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1s for my desktop. They've been more than enough for music listening. Most of the time I have headphones on anyways.

Sent from my EVO
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 16:34:23 »
Quote from: ripster;451899
But you need overpriced pieces of foam to be Recording.org/AVSforum worthy.

I will say Keyb_gr ended up being right about mounting my monitors higher.
Arnt you supposed to have them at a height where the tweeter is at ear level?

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 06:21:10 »
I've got those long time ago:

I'd really want to upgrade them at some point but I'm just so happy with their sound I can't find any reason to do so.
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 11:06:20 »
Quote from: ripster;453285
Not necessarily.  But I got 5 degree downfiring PrimaAcoustic Stabilizers just to be safe.
(Attachment Link) 32208[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 32209[/ATTACH]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/14/the-sounds-of-skyrim.aspx
maybe when I get a nicer set of speakers ill look into those. Ill I have is a set of M-Audio BX5a's that I only have them because I got them for $80 including shipping.